Bottom Line Booksmail fraud and worst scam

I

If you Search “Bottom Line” here rather than “Bottom Line Books, ” you’ll find hundreds of complaints. Bottom Line is bad news and a serious scam. They will send unsolicited materials and hound you with billing. They will claim on mailings that they do so because you asked them to do so. I responded last year when they sent an unordered book and told them never to do it again.

Last week, they dropped another on me and I sent it return mail collect from the nearest post office. Don’t open anything you get from Bottom Line. Keep dropping all correspondence and packages unopened and return to them collect by writing “refused-return to sender” on it and drop these at your nearest post office. That turns the tables and you extract Bottom Line’s money instead of the other way around. Whatever you do, do not pay postage and politely return their materials. When they keep getting billed by their mail bouncing back and costing them $, they will soon take you off their list.

Avoid all books and all publishers of books that you cannot find sold on Amazon.com. If they sold through Amazon, a buyer would see these hundreds o complaints under reviews that we see here and not order a thing.

You can try to complain to your post office, they should suppress this mail fraud but they likely won’t since they have a vested interest in maintaining junk mail. The more of it, the better their job security.

Ever since George Bush took office, and this has continued right on through Barack Obama, I’ve found government increasingly unwilling to take any action against business victimizing citizens. The citizens complain, and government does nothing. Today, you can rarely get these “consumer protection” agencies to respond to a complaint. No one curbs these companies, which are little more than a form of organized crime.

So forget thinking that government, police, post office, trade commissions, attorney generals, etc. etc. will help you? They won’t, and they could care less. The same scammers continue victimizing citizens for years. You can see the history right here on Complaints Board. If you want out from under these creeps, you need to take action yourself.

• Ar
    Arlene Copeland Jun 22, 2021

I am being billed by BottomLineBooks for books I never received or ordered! Not sure how to handle this. I did send an e-mail stating I didn't receive any books or order any books. We'll just see, I guess.

• Da
    David Talley Jun 18, 2021

I am so glad to find a page that reveals that Bottom Line Books is nothing but a scam. My most recent experience involves receiving and being billed for a book which I did not order. I returned it, but continue to be billed and now, have been turned over to a collection agency. This is not the first time. I do not intend to be bullied by them.