Bosch Dishwasher Shu43c06ucunable to repair

Re: recall model shu43c. Bought a bosch dishwasher in march 2005 from lowes. It worked fine for awhile, but cycles were taking longer and longer to complete (Hours). I called sears in feb 2008 for a repair. Sears estimate to repair was $400 for a controller part. I declined since I didn't pay that much more for the machine initially.in early 2009 I got a "recall letter" from sears. Worked with bosch and sears under repair authorization a186476 to order part and sears installed it on march 14 2009. Machine still had very long wash cycles (Hours) so I called bosch again and they recommended a different service technician (K&n services). Bosch faxed authorization to k&n, so I don't have record of that authorization. K&n came out and re-worked the control board, and the machine worked for a few months. I called k&n service to come out on october 29, 2010 because I suspected the heater wasn't working. (Dishes were sloppy wet at end of cycle). The cost to repair the heater is in excess of $400 because the machine will have to be pulled for underneath the cabinet and re-installed. Heater (Part 80317) cost $122.71 retail. Technician suggested I call bosch to see if they would cover any of the costs, and sugggested that the sears guy was responsible for heater failure due to faulty installation of control unit. I called bosch and they said that the heating unit would not be covered as it wasn't a "fire hazard". They offered to sell me the part at a 50% off their cost, and ship it to my home. If I had trouble with sears installation, I would have to take it up with sears. Incidentally, both k&n and bosch bought up the sears liability on their own... Without any prompting from me. I don't know my nest step just yet. I'm hoping to file a consumer complaint of some sort, just getting started.

AngryOldSearsCustomer Feb 25, 2010

I also have the same dishwasher and have experienced the same problems described above. We bought ours from Sears and have paid for maintainance on it for 5 yrs. It stopped working 2 months ago and Sears has yet to fix it. They have been out to take a look 3 times, yet the service technicians keep coming up with excuses on why they will not make the repairs. They have ordered parts and shipped them to my home, but no one is showing up to install the parts. I say forget Sears and their maintainance contracts - what a rip off! I'm going out to buy a new dishwasher - NOT FROM SEARS - today!