Books-A-Million (BAM)terrible magazine scam

S Jan 22, 2019

I live in Birmingham, Alabama and visited the Brook Highland location December 2017. I was told by the cashier at the time of purchase and joining the club that I was entitled to 3 free magazines. She however DID NOT tell me that Time magazine would get my credit card number and start charging me for the magazines! Unfortunately for me, I don't check my American Express every month and have a years worth of charges for magazines I really did not want. I was told this was free and her words were I quote after saying no was "why not, it's free". I am very upset and unfortunately can not dispute anything with my credit card because of time frame and Time magazine will not do anything.
I now hate Books A Million!!!