Booking.comreceived confirmed reservation however when reached hotel hyatt place was informed do not have reservation

Hi, This is Helen Fernandes, I had booked through booking.com for hotel Hyatt place in Herndon & received booking confirmation. This was my 1st visit to USA. However when I reached hotel I was informed that they don't have any reservation in my name. Upon contacting booking.com, after 20 mins they provided me with alternate arrangements with a higher cost & ask me to book it through their portal so that they can confirm the booking. This was done basis they agreed to pay the difference in cost n transportation. However I have still not reimbursed for the difference nor have they reimbursed me for the additional transportation cost incurred to relocate to another hotel which was Hamptons inn & suites. Additionally Hamptons inn & suites debited me $50 without any reason & failed to give me receipt when requested citing the same will be furnished by booking.com. I have been following with all concern however the matter is still not resolved. If I don't hear on this I have no choice but to go legal.