Bob's Discount FurnitureBedroom set/delivery order number 6061348

S Dec 13, 2020

I ordered a new bedroom set and mattress on November 13, 2020 and while I was in the store my goal was to make a purchase I knew was fully in stock, due to COVID-19 and delay issues. When purchasing the set I was ensured by the sales associate all the items were in and we scheduled a delivery. The delivery was scheduled for December 10, 2020 and I received all the text notifications and emails leading up to the day. My window was 7:15AM to 10:15AM. At 7:23AM the day of delivery I received a telephone call from the driver indicating that one item (my headboard) was not loaded in the truck the evening prior and the bed was unable to be assembled. The driver recommend I reschedule so the delivery could be completed with all items and so that boxes associated to the bed, bedframe, and mattress wouldn't be scattered in my room, so he instructed me to contact my sales associate to make those accommodations. I contacted customer service who informed me that the headboard had just came in December 10th so that is why it wasn't on the truck, which made no sense to me because when I ordered everything and scheduled delivery the 10th was a "green light" to move forward. I took off work December 10th so if the headboard wasn't in I obviously would have chosen a different day. So I scheduled a deliver for Saturday, December, 12, 2020 though was advised that one item would be on back order (end of January 2021) that being my chest. I was concerned with this issue, because the chest was currently in a truck that did not come to my house initially, due to the order missing the headboard. The individual indicated that once the item arrives back to the warehouse it could be placed with another order. Extremely annoyed by this information and seconding guessing my judgment call with deciding to reschedule I asked for a "go back" so the truck could come back and drop off all the items and have the headboard delivered Saturday. The individual attempted to complete this task though was unable to ensure it would happen. Still extremely annoyed that a chest that was labeled mine could be given away in a matter of 36 hours was insane as I've been awaiting these items for roughly a month already. The individual continued to argue with me stating that "I sent you the receipt and it shows the chest won't be in till the end of January". I asked to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor went on to tell me the same reasoning that the request was in and I had to await to hear from the distribution center on rather or not they approved the request. More frustrated because I took off work to wait for the furniture and now I had to wait some more and wasn't even guaranteed my items were coming back. I asked to speak with a supervisor of this individual because she continue to go in circles and could not ensure my chest was coming either day ("go back" delivery or Saturday). I was hung up on. I called back and waited in a virtual que for over an hour. Had to speak with yet another individual about my issue and requested to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor stated that my situation was odd because the initial mistake of my item not being loaded into the truck was not my fault generating a reschedule. The individual relayed that he wrote up an explanation within detailed notes instructing the distribution center to hold the item for me till Saturday if a "go back" was not possible. The individual instructed that I should wait roughly (2) two hours for the drivers to complete their route and they would call pertaining to the "go back". I waited and waited and nothing. No confirmation or denial of the "go back" from no one. I once again called back waited in a lengthy virtual line and asked the status of my order to only be told it was all coming Saturday. Frustrating because I spent nearly half my day on the telephone and I STILL was not certain if I was receiving my chest on Saturday December 12th. The follow day I received a text notification of my delivery and observed the chest was not listed, so I called once again. The individual claimed it would be there so I at this point I figured "we shall see". The day of delivery the individuals showed up and appeared in a rush. I actually catch one of the individuals complaining he wasn't going to make it to the mall in time. The individuals were rough with the boxes and left them in the street... thankful it didn't rain. My father noticed the drawers on my bed base were not correctly centered in on the track properly. I mentioned it to the individuals and they instructed me it was a mechanical issue call to have a technician come out. Also one individual asked if they could leave my box spring at my house because they didn't have room in the truck, which I stated no I have no room and paid for that to be removed with everything. I partially think they didn't want to take it (more work for them). Once everything was set up the individuals left immediately no "Miss please go check over everything to ensure it looks ok". NOTHING. I went into my bedroom and observed cardboard debris all over the floor and marks on my newly painted walls. Also debris and trash from the packaging was flying around my neighborhood street that I had to go grab! My father begin to look over the bed base drawers and noticed they weren't even put together properly, so he took the time and corrected the issue. While doing this he observed several loose screws under the bed in addition to cardboard and debris from the boxes. After this we had to check to ensure the bed frame was put together properly!! Several missing screws were observed, which we corrected ourselves. While doing this we also observed the mattress wasn't positioned on the bed properly (at first we thought we were given the wrong size…a smaller size). I purchased a king size bed and I am a small female, and my father is older, so we had to move the mattress 180 degrees to the correct position. This was not easy and I wish the individuals wouldn't have ran out of my house prior to me checking everything. In addition to all these issues I noticed that an internal corner of my dresser was broken which refrained the drawer from seating properly. From a distance it was off center creating a large gap and pushing the drawer below out. I called customer service YET AGAIN and advised them of the POOR delivery service I had experienced. They offered a technician to come out though I got disconnected. No call back. Nothing. So I had to call AGAIN and waited in a virtual que. The individual provided options and advised a tech would have to come out and observe the damage. One date was provide, which unfortunately could not work with my schedule so I asked to schedule in the next three weeks but was told to call back. So here I am with a defective product, experienced very very very poor service, and have to wait to schedule a time for a tech to come out. Initially I was provided a gift card for the damaged product and inconvenience though who wants a gift card after experiencing all of this?! I was told that cash compensation was not an option. Highly unsatisfied with my experience and do not recommend Bob's Furniture to anyone. The quality of the service was awful and I spent decent money on new bedroom furniture that my father has to fix!