BlueMountain.combilling

R

I am not happy with the business practices of this company who has a practice of autonewing their members without notifying them. They use Bill Me Later and this company does not include information as to what you are being billed for when you receive a statement. I have researched the BBB and found the following information that I think is important for all consumers to read before using Blue Mountain and agreeing to their billing practices. I also urge you to file a BBB complaint if you are unhappy with this company's billing practices:

"The BBB has identified a pattern of complaints, in that most of the complaints concern difficulty in canceling memberships within the free trial period, or at the annual renewal date. The company had requested that memberships be canceled by phone, even though consumers signed up online. Many consumers report difficulty in reaching the company by phone to complete the cancelation process and are then subsequently billed for membership. The company has responded to some of these complaints by issuing refunds. In other cases, the company refused to issue refunds, stating that the cancelation request was made after the grace period.
In April 2009, the BBB contacted the company, seeking its cooperation in addressing the underlying cause of these complaints. The company informed the BBB on May 12, 2009 that it is working on procedures to simplify the cancelation process, indicating that some changes in its phone system have been made already and they anticipate that further changes will be in place by mid June 2009. The company states it implemented an online cancelation mechanism around July 2009.
However, as of January 2010, the BBB continues to receive complaints from consumers who allege difficulty with the company's cancelation process.

When considering complaint information, please take into account the business's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

BBB processed a total of 364 complaint(s) about this business in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total 364 complaint(s) closed in the last 36 months, 197 were closed in the last 12 months."

Margaret Brier May 22, 2011

I just got billed from Blue Mountain for $19.73 on my Visa acct. apparently for a membership fee...and I did not request a new membership!!! According to my records (and I have a copy) my membership closed 04/29/2010 17:05. How do I get that money refunded now? I am not donating money to Blue Mountain!!! I live in Canada. Thank you.

Margaret Brier May 22, 2011

I just got billed from Blue Mountain for 19.73 on my Visa acct. apparently for a membership fee...and I did not request a new membership!!! According to my records (and I have a copy) my membership closed 04/29/2010 17:05. How do I get that money refunded now? I am not donating money to Blue Mountain!!! I live in Canada, and my address is: [email protected] Thank you.