BitDefenderPoor Customer service & Worst Product

N

I have made complaint on issues with basic function of Bit defender antivirus in first week of Jan 2012 and subsequently registered ticket as [protected]., however, till date no workable solution is provided by their customer care. I made subsequent reminder, since 01 Feb 2012. No reply was made by Bit defender customer care.

One of the Worst product, I have purchased ever.. Also, their customer care is very poor...

I request this forum to advise Bitdefender to address my issues on priory.

• As
    ASJoos May 02, 2018

I only wish I had found these complaints BEFORE I purchased Bitdefender and then decided to add insult to injury and purchase their loosely-termed "Premium VPN" that has not worked since Day 1. I have screen shots, copies of emails, ticket initiations, and anytime I DID receive an email from them, they said I had not replied, that they were going to close the ticket due to my not answering them. WHAT?! I replied immediately every single time within minutes, provided them with screen shots, etc., ad nauseum, and so finally I opened a dispute via PayPal. I find it very interesting how FAST Bitdefender answered to PayPal inquiry - and their response is STELLAR! They gave me their support weblink 'contact us' form which, again, is what I did in the first place, and by following THEIR instructions on their website. I am uninstalling all things Bitdefender and will be posting my review to all social media. Buyer beware!!

• St
    stan byrd Dec 15, 2014

On Monday, 12/08/14 @ 2:55 pm I received a call from phone #[protected]. I did not understand the gentlemen's name but his broken English was like from New Delia. For 43 minutes this person said he was from Biddefender and that my Microsoft had been compromised. He wanted permission to enter & I gave permission to show me Windows Task Manager and event viewer, ran cmd & showed csrss.exe. Then he started sales pitch for $299.99 then quoted prices for 2 yr & then 5 yr. Told him I had 36 more days left and since he found a trojan(s) to get rid of it. But he would not let go of his sales pitch. Then I started getting suspicious that he was a "hacker". I canceled the phone call, turned off my computer. Eleven seconds later I called the phone number & it said "call could not be completed as dialed". I turned my computer back on and the following is missing:
    1 - no internet
    2 - no sound
    3 - screen has darkened & cannot brighted it up
    I then called Bitdefender sales office which gave me another number to call. I call Bitdefender support and they said could not help me because I did not know who had contacted me.
    Now, I need assistance to get my computer back working like it was before (without problems). On 12/15/14 is the third e-mail sent to no avail.

• Ot
    OtiGat7 May 26, 2014

My story is to long to type. All I can say is, do not by this product. Customer service is the worst I have experienced in my life. Transfer, transfer, transfer, the person you need to talk to is not in the office. I will have them call you back. Repeat... They charged me three times for their service and I can't get a refund. STAY AWAY FROM BITDEFENDER.

Jayagopal Sep 06, 2013

Yes, Bitdefender can be awarded as the Product with worst Customer service and they keep the product rated by paying to the reviewer to publish false reviews

AndreTheScott Feb 01, 2013

"DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT UNLESS YOU LIKE PROBLEMS AND THROWING MONEY AWAY.."
    Amen to that !!! I would however like to point out a mistake people make when they complain about Bitdefender's poor customer (no) support. To start with, you have to receive some measure of support for you to be able to complain about. Their customer support is sooooooo slooooooow we are talking glacial (weeks and/or months) movement here. Count yourself lucky if to hear from them two weeks or a month after logging your problem, then it is mostly of no use mostly anyway.
    So to end with, I would not say Bitdefender has bad support, I would say they have NO support. AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!
    I have to remind myself, less than a year to go. O and what I've read on the net, watch out for their automatic renewal !!! It is a bugger to get undone if they catch you.

• Gd
    GDOX Sep 03, 2012

I bought and installed Bitdefender antivirus plus 2013 after 3 attempts. Bitdefender software is full of bugs and missing modules eg the firewall did not load and left me unknowingly using the MS firewall.

It screws up Firefox repeatedly freezing, particularly on Flash videos and in most cases requiring a Task Master process to terminate Firefox or worse still a reboot if Firefox goes into Safe Mode. The 'product' is nowhere remotely intuitive and the Help File is woefully lacking in content.

Bitdefender support is non-existent, they just ignore requests for assistance, possibly hoping you just give up. The so called reviewers who rate this product No.1 either do not really review or are in the pay of Bitdefender.

This is more like scamware than an AV product. A costly experience both financially and timewise

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT UNLESS YOU LIKE PROBLEMS AND THROWING MONEY AWAY..