Bissell SpotBotVacuum hose, dryrots/cracks

I purchased a Bissell SpotBot about two years ago and until recently, was well pleased with it. After each use, I would clean it and make sure it was dry, then store it away until the next use. Well the other day I needed it, took it out and noticed that it was not working properly.. on closer examintation, I noticed that the hose, up next to the hand wand, was cracked- broken, almost half way around, and was sucking air through the crack instead of pulling the water from my rug. I contacted Bissell via their website, in hopes of getting it repaired at their cost since the hose had yellowed, and hardened over time and really should not have been made from a cheap material like that. Well, they informed me that they do not offer that replacement part and I would need to find a local Bissell service tech to fix it at of course, a cost to me. I informed them that I had three of their products, the SpotBot, the Pro Heat 2 carpet shampoo Vac, and a Pet hari eraser, that I had spent a small fortune with them, and since it is their product, they should take care of this for me, and I got a reply back once again telling me they do not have the part and I need to have it fixed at a cost to myself. Now, I have worked in a Factory for almost Twenty years, and I know that the quality of an item, and customer service are the meat and potatoes when it come to business.. If Bissell does not care about their customers, then I say to hell with Bissell.. Buy their trash at your own risk. For me, I am junking all my Bissell trash and going with Dyson, they seem to care about their customers.

Vacuum hose, dryrots/cracks
Vacuum hose, dryrots/cracks

• Ky
    Kyle H Oct 22, 2014

Very characteristic of these spotbots it appears. Mine has it too. Not sure I am ready to swear them off as I love the spotbot. It just seems that the hose, something that is crucial to the system, is the weak link. Not sure if it is due to chemicals eroding the plastic, extra stress on the hose (my hose was tight), or just a very cheap plastic. Or maybe a combination of all three - but you would think that testing the durability of this would be something they did before release. I guess not.

• Oh
    Ohio Dan Feb 19, 2017

I know damn well Bissell is aware of the cheap hose they are using on the SpotBot. I went to the store to check out buying a 4th one. The first three had hosed that failed. I chose to not throw another $129 down the drain. I went online to see if there was any similar products available but came up dry. I decided to just buy a replacement hose for $20 and install it myself. I am not happy about spending money and time putting on the same cheap piece of crap that will fail again. Since Bissell and their bean counters don't choose to address the problem I will post my complaint of Facebook every time I have to deal with it. BISSELL, SPEND AN EXTRA BUCK AND PUT A DECENT HOSE ON THE DAMN THING.

• La
    Laneym5040 Mar 12, 2017

I also had the problem with the hose cracking at the hand wand. I believe it happens when you wrap the hose back on. The hose is a little to short when it goes around forcing it to almost kink at the last bend. This definitely a design flaw. Now the part is not avail for my model on their website anymore. Thank goodness that amazon has it.

• Te
    Ted Kaiser Oct 24, 2017

I'm having the same exact problem. I'm confused as to why Bissell doesn't offer replacement hoses. I thought I had purchased a quality product from a company with integrity...guess not. I'll attempt with the company and see where it gets me. Will update.