Having problems with BigMen.com?

929 Worcester Road
Fri9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Sat9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Money taken, no goods sent

On 30 October 2014 I ordered a pair of trousers (pants) from this company. £75.21 ($120) was taken out of my bank account the next day to pay for the goods and postage. It is now 1 Feb and the goods have still not arrived. Because I live in the UK phoning is not practical. I've therefore used the e.mail address on their website ([protected]@aol.com) to enquire where my goods are. I've e.mailed 3 times since December and not once have I had a reply. I can only conclude that this company is a front for online fraud (or that there are some criminals working for the company). I've now sent the local Police force a tweet asking for their e.mail address so I can formally report this as a crime. I suggest others also contact them (@framinghamPD).

Bad Service/Refund process

I had ordered some items from the store. What was pictured was not what I received. I called for a return authorization and shipped back at my expense. I waited two months for my refund before I started calling. I could never reach them on the phone. The line would just ring and ring and ring until it was terminated. When I did finally reach someone she said that she was sorry and that some how my transaction was missed during the refunds. She said it would be three business days which I waited. I then waited an additional week. Finally I contacted my bank and filed a dispute. The refunded my money. Two months later (four total) they finally refunded my order minus what I paid for shipping and handling and then called my bank and had them reverse the charges. Totally crappy place. You won't be able to reach them. Don't even bother. Total rip off.!!!

Incomplete Delivery

This company moved to Worcestor Road, from 59 Temple Place, Boston. Same phone number. I have purchased from...

order not recieved, the company is scamming people

BUYER BEWARE!! THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE AND THEY ARE SCAMMING PEOPLE OUT OF THEIR MONEY!!
I placed an order with them on Jan. 26th 2012, they immediatly took the money out of my account. After 2 weeks of no notice of when the item was sent out, or the item, I sent them an email. They replied saying that it would take 4 to 10 business days to recieve the item after order was placed, at this point it was already 14!! After 9 EMAILS and SEVERAL phone calls that resulted in either no reply or one excuse after another, I gave up. Now Im telling everyone who will listen and making complaints on the interent every where I can!! This company needs to be shut down!!

Incomplete Order - No Customer Service

Similar to a previous complaint for the same company. The following occurred:
1. Placed order
2. Received confirmation - No further information.
3. Emailed after two weeks - no response
4. Called after three weeks - was promised a return call - never happened.
5. Card was charged for full order.
6. Incomplete order was received after about 5 weeks.
7. No communication when/if missing items would be shipped.
8. When I reached them by phone all the computers were down and they couldn't look anything up and they promised to call me back.
9. I am still owed about $100.00 of product on my original order.
Their products if or when they arrive tend to be pretty good. The service is extremely disappointing.

• Mr
    Mr finster Mar 21, 2012

The owners name is Charles Brown his wife is Joni Brown they live on Baldwin ave in framingham. They go by mr and mrs Green. Thieves.

• Al
    Alan311 Mar 04, 2013

Same thing has been happening to me this company. It is just ridiculous. This company needs to be to shut down by the bbb. Horrible thing that they are still in business with all these complaints

they take your money no product/no refund

these rip off artists take your order, take your money and thats it. if youre lucky enough to get thru to any...

Order not fulfilled

On April 2008 I ordered 5 items at Big Men, Tall Men, Stout Men Shop. The order was confirmed on April 20, 2008, and my credit card was charged. After a month or so I recived a package containing 4 of that items, together with an invoice No. 65511, dated May 15, 2008. There was a remark on the invoice: "... cardigan in navy will be shipped shortly...". I haven't got it until now, May 13, 2010. On June 23, 2008 I sent them a mail with complaint. No response I'd got. On August 08, 2008, I had a nice phone chat with a gentle lady. She promised she would give me a message concerning my order on Monday. Unfortunatelly she didn't say which Monday she meant. Numbers of Mondays have passed with no single word. They still keep my 125 $. Obviously I lost any hope. Obviously I warn everyone. I will never visit that web site again. Not to say the items they delivered were not following my order. E.g. a 100% merino wool sweter turned to acrylic one during the overseas travel. Pants 38 inseam shrinked to 36.

• Nj
    NJRoberta Jul 22, 2011

Never order on line from these clowns they don't deliver. Have a complaint filed with the Mass AG and BBB.

baby45 Mar 28, 2012

I have purchased from them since 2008. Recent purchase has been first bad experience. Used to be great when an older lady answered the phone and I got results.

Refund not rec'd

I purchased two shirts for my husband, identical dress shirts, just different colors. one fit and one didn't. I sent the one back that didn't fit. I purchased them for Christmas, sent them back in January. Now it is been 2 months later and I haven't received the 45.00 dollars back for the shirt or a new shirt. I have contacted them many times and they never get back to me. They have very poort customer service.

• Nj
    NJRoberta Jul 22, 2011

My sister-in-law ordered over $580 worth of items from these clowns and has yet to receive anything. She lives in Ireland so I have tried to call them as I live in NJ to no avail. Either I am told that no one is there who can help me call back later or no answer at all. I have contacted the Mass AG and filed a complaint and the BBB. Do Not Buy from these people.

baby45 Mar 28, 2012

Now, with each call, I get some young woman named Katy who is giving me the run-around for two months now. After initial complaint, they don't answer the phone when you call back, even after 40 rings, two days in a row. They are probably blocking your phone number when you complain. Also, will not return email. You will get ripped off. Buyer beware. Wrong merchandise and missing items. I ordered 12 and got 10, one of them the wrong color. I wonder if it's under new ownership. I am shocked.

• Do
    don'tbuyfromthem!!!!! May 06, 2013

Bought a jacket for Christmas. Jacket was sent defective. Sent back to company clearly before 30 day deadline. Postal confirmation said it was received. Never got refund. Called. Put on eternal hold. E-mailed. Said because of hurricane sandy, it held up refund and would send again. never received. Called, no one ever answered even though it was during business hours. It is now May, 2013. Still haven't received refund. Continue to call, e-mail. NOTHING! Very poor company. Do not recommend. Save your money. Nothing they have is worth the trouble except allowing them to take your money. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF rating!

• Ab
    Abyss the original Abyss Jan 15, 2014

I have tried to purchase a jacket and have been given the run around about brands. Put on hold and never picked up. These folks are clowns...don't trust.

Scam

Initially I ordered one pair of EZSizer slacks, they shipped to me and they were the wrong style so I returned them (to this day I have still not received the replacement). Then I ordered two additional pair of slacks, these shipped and I received them. However, they recharged my Credit card for all three pair of EZSizer slacks and I had to go through my credit card (Dispute) to get the duplicate money paid returned. They Still they haven't shipped the first pair of slacks I returned and all my Email and phone calls are being ignored. I've asked them to refund the money, but they're ignoring me so I guess I'm out $84.95.

poor service /no refund

took a month to get items that were said to be shipped in 2 days, but yet charged credit card right away. All 4 items were wrong. It's been 9 weeks and I still have not received my refund credit. When you talk to some one they give you the run around. I think they are crooks

• Sw
    SwissBloke. Jan 21, 2011

Totally agree. I ordered online in November, in December I wrote to them asking for a stautus update. Its Jan 21st now, and still no clothes, refund or even a reply. Is there a complaints body I could contact?

babygirl814 Mar 26, 2011

Same were waiting for overalls or refund. Its been two months my bf called two weeks ago and they either hang up on him or put him on hold for hours. We ask to speak to a manager and we get told they are busy with weddings. Well if they are about customer service then they need to keep one open at all times for phone calls. We called today and he was told they had all gone home for the day and I called 5 minutes later and was told they were busy because their system was down. Anyone know how to get ahold of corporate because this is just nerve racking now.

srdib Apr 30, 2011

rip offs. states attorney should look into this outfit. complain to bbb there in ma. i was on hold 27 mintues and had to call them on a different phone, then they say they will call you back. my bank charged it back to them (110 bucks) i ordered two lousy shirts april 14 and got nothing, its now april 29 and the bank reversed the charges.
    DO NOT BUY FROM THIS RIP OFF JOINT UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE YOUR MONEY ADN FIGHT TO GET IT BACK!
    go to kingsize direct and see the difference. wish i had found them first instead of this bunch of crooks.

• Ly
    Lyneli May 06, 2011

I am in Australia, and I also have ordered good in February 2011, Money was taken from my credit card on the 1st of March. It is now 6 May and I still have nothing. I cannot get them on the line either, how do I go about getting my money back? Lynette, Emerald Australia

srdib May 06, 2011

lynette, the only thing i can tell you is go thru your credit card company. other than that, i dont know what to tell you. i also never received anything from these bums, but i finally got my money back (110.85). never do business with them again and always read reviews first. google kingsize, this company is great. better prices, they use paypal, and have great customer service. the total opposite of big men's /stout men's shop. DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE BUMS!

good luck you Lynette!

• Ju
    Junkymagi May 06, 2011

I ordered a pair of pants from these guys about 9 days ago.. wish I had checked their contact us page first.. what actual company has an AOL email address? Sheesh.
    I ordered a pair the same day from http://www.bigtallpants.com/ and got it 2 days later. I ordered 3 more pairs Monday NIGHT and received them Wednesday afternoon (free shipping, coupon in first shipment).
    Great shopping experience. The ordering is live inventory. If they only have one of an item, it won't let you add two of them to the cart. I was very impressed.
    Junky

srdib May 06, 2011

good luck trying to get through to these bums

• Ju
    Junkym May 12, 2011

Welp, 13 days after I ordered from them, I got an email complaining that my cc had declined when they tried to charge it... for $20 more than the order, HAHAHAHAH.

They asked what do I want to do about payment. My reply was one word "cancel".

Junky

srdib May 12, 2011

good for you!!! i dont know how a place like this can remain in business

• Gl
    Glors Oct 11, 2011

I also ordered goods from Australia on the 10/9/2011 credit card processed payment on the 23/9/2011! I have been trying to contact them, They will not reply to my emails... its a little hard to phone them because of time zone... looks like they are fraudsters!

• Br
    Brenda Dupee Dec 29, 2011

I want my PARKA I ordered in November...Can't get anyone to answer phone or E-Mail!!! I have contacted States Attorny and decided since my husband drives semi, we are going to take a load out there and then go right to the store to "visit" these people, maybe we will get some service then ???

• Aj
    AJ A Oct 08, 2014

I ordered shirts from them since i live in NJ. The shirts came 2 days later. I then ordered more shirts and for 3 weeks heard nothing. They finally sent one with a letter saying the other one would follow. I tried calling the store for a week straight at least 15 times a day and no one answered. Im now heading to boston to visit family so figured i would stop by. I call twice no answer. I call from my fiances phone right after and a woman answered. I explained the situation and told her that i had even written an email. She got extremely loud with me kept talking over me and wouldnt let me say anything. I finally said are you gonna stop talking over me? She yes and continued to do so then said i also got your email and dont care about your complaints and hung up. I had to have my brother call back and got some guy who said he doesnt know who that woman is and just said come in and ill help you. Im going in to get the shirt i paid for and never doing business with them again. I spend over 10k a year on clothes at stores like this and was considering spending it there. Well not anymore. Im taking to FB, twitter, youtube, BBB and their local news paper. It is now my mission to ruin their business.

• Mi
    mike harvey Feb 05, 2015

I ordered a pair of insulated bibs on January 22 2014, I was told it would be about 1 week to get them, now its 2 weeks and still no bibs, they won't answer their phone or emails. I just want my refund.

• Fu
    Fuzzy11 Oct 24, 2015

Same here. No product. No email. Won't answer phone or email. They are scammers.

• Bi
    bill803647 Dec 08, 2015

I ordered a pair of insulated Bibbs on Sunday online. Monday I called and after numerous attempts to get someone, they said its been shipped out already. I paid extra for the three day delivery. On the day it was supposed to arrive, I got a box with my address but with a woman's name on it from Texas. The box weighed one tenth of a pound. Knew right away that it wasn't my Bibbs. Tried calling them for hours. Never reached anyone. I checked my credit card and it was not charged yet. I called my card and had them close the account and open it in a new account number. Making the old one useless. They ship by ups and fed ex. I called both and they said there's nothing scheduled to be delivered to my address. I emailed these people and told them about the box. They actually replied back and said it wasn't from them. I told them nice try and that credit card number is no good, have a nice day. BBB has numerous complaints that you can read on their website. Do yourself a favor, don't do business with these people.

• De
    Deadthief May 28, 2016

The thieves names are Charles & Joni Brown. They go by aliases such as Greene. Their home address is 247 Baldwin Ave, Framingham, MA 01701. Happy hunting

• Do
    donfromPA Jun 02, 2016

These crooks have a bad habit of doing unethical business practices!.DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM THEM OR SHOP THEIR STORE! They have made it common practice to overcharge, neglect to send ordered items, and send wrong items ordered. And don't believe the positive comments posted - they put those comments online themselves!.Report them to the Framingham Better Business Bureau and to the Massachusetts State's Attorney Office. Both complaints can be done online. THIS COMPANY IS CROOKED AND DO NOT SHOP WITH THEM!

Waiting for Refund

BIGMEN.COM is the WORST !!! I returned two pairs of pants, which I sent by certified mail & they received my...

Order took way too long

I ordered 3 pants on March 7, 2008. On March 17, 2008 my Visa bank card was charged for the order. On March...

Failure to deliver purchased items

Complaint on: www.BigMen.com for failure to deliver purchased items. Furthermore, I wish to lodge a complaint to include a non-responsive customer service center after my inquiry was recorded. My request for merchandise or credit has gone unanswered. Below please find a copy of the recent email I sent to Stout’s Big and Tall.

I paid for 12 items on my visa and received less than half of the items. I have received 5 of 12 items. The original purchase was made, via phone order, on April 10, 2007, so plenty of time has transpired and been afforded to Stout’s Men Shop (a.k.a BIG MEN TALL MEN or TALLBIG AT AOL.com ) to send my merchandise or issue a credit to our account. I have the distinct feeling, they do not want to do either.

Thanks for any help you may offer in resolution to this matter.

Ernest Mitchell
318 Ridgecrest St.
Magnolia, Texas 77354
[protected]

CCS:

Stout’s Big & Tall,

Boston Better Business Bureau,

On 04/12/07, I received only a portion of the merchandise I paid for. On the invoice, it states there are, “items to follow”. I have waited quite some time and wonder how long I must wait to get my remaining garments. If they are not available, a credit for the balance needs to be put back on toward my account. There is $374.50 in garments due me. Please forward the items to my address or issue a credit back to my card for the amount.

• Se
    sean Sep 17, 2008

I totally agree. I purchased item form these guys and after amonths was not even posted. They asured me the pckage with items was sent weeks prior and they had a copy of the customs declatration as the items are being sent to me outside the USA and would fax the form to me. Weeks go bye and lies, lies and more lies. I was told they had lost power and the power outage has blown the fax mchine up and they were awaiting a new machine. Now they just hang up once i say what i want.

I am fortunate though, in Europe the Credit Card companies give benefit of any doubt to there customers when the merchant account is not helpful in resolving a dispute. So the amount has been charged back to my card, card cancelled and a new one issued. The tracking info they supplied when checked online indicated there is somehting currently in transit but who knows with these guys. Thay talk so many lies you never know. It the order arrives i will return it t them with fedex or the most expensive courier i can find and have it charged to the receiver being bigmen.com.

During my search int this business and more avenues of contacting them i was able to find that early in 2007 the business was involuntarily dissolved by court order. The owner also has an extensive criminal record and the business has changed address more then 7 times since it was first started in 2000. It has not been operating for 62 years as they like to tell everyone.

When you call you will sometimes get a tounger guy answer the phone, he is th son, Charles or CHuch is the Owner and his wife Joni will give you ome dumb story about ordering an supplier delays, Joanne or Ms Green is the so called customer service person, not sure where she its into it, but she is completely useless, rude and has no idea what is going on. probably the sons girlfriend or the owners bit on the ide when the wife has aheadache or the dog can't be bothered with her.

• Su
    superamaziing Nov 30, 2008

I totally disagree with the people above me because I have ordered many times from BigMen.com and I receive my items on time everytime. I think the reason why sometimes people do not receive their items is because it is hard and it takes a lot of time to make and outfit clothes for the "big" and tall people. BigMen is not like macys--you don't get it right away. Since the people that ordered from there are not regular sized people, you cannot expect to wait a regular amount of time to get your goods. Helping you guys find clothes that would fit are hard, so you guys must understand that.

And please don't disrespect or "trash talk" the workers there; I find them as the nicest people I know. Just because you can't find clothes that could fit you in a regular store doesn't mean you should put your anger on them. In fact, I had done some research too, and they HAVE been in business for 60 something years.

Also, to the person above me, called "Sean", please check your spelling. You made a ton of errors and it is hard to understand you. Maybe the reason why you haven't received your goods is because they can't even understand what you want!

• Po
    poptones May 19, 2009

Oh PULEASE! Brenda is obviously a shill! These people are the worse I have EVER dealt with and I have bought large clothes for years from all over the country. Brenda sounds an awful lot like another poster of anotehr name in anotehr comment right here in this site regarding these very same people.

LAME ATTEMPT. Now, go correct my spelling in a feeble attempt to discredit the truth I and others are saying about your shady company!

• Ir
    ironjohn Mar 30, 2010

I just recently had an awful experience with them also. The sales person told me the suit was in-stock and it was going to be shipped out to me the same day. Made many attempt to call the company and was told the item was shipped. They kept telling me lies about the item and I did not receive the suit unit two weeks later. I needed the suit for an interview and it did not get to me on time.

The sales team and the manger were rude and I was hung up on by the manger because I complaint about the lies I was told. Great customer service! Beware of this store. That's all I have to say!

My experience with this company has been a nightmare!

I placed an on line order for hickory striped overalls with bigmen.com, Big Men's, Stout Men's shop...