Big Bazaar Gurgaonbig bazaar fails to honour promotional incentive

T

I hold a Profit Club membership at Big Bazaar. On 13 April, I received the following SMS message from Profit Club / Big Bazaar. A similar repeat message was also received on 16 April

"Dear Mrs, Profit Club offer! Shop for Rs 3000+ and get Rs 300 off. Code [protected]. Validity : 13th - 17th Apr'16 at Big Bazaar stores in NCR only. T&C?"

I shopped at Big Bazaar on 13 April and showed them the message with the code. However, despite several trials, the computer at the billing counter did not accept the code. The supervisor at the store said that the code was applicable only on food products and therefore all other items were set aside. The computer still did not accept the code.

I called the profit club helpline and they informed me that the offer was only for garments, which was just the opposite of what I was informed by the store supervisor. As a matter of fact, I had received a separate message for garments with a separate code and I was not using that code. The code I was using just said "shop for Rs 3000+".

When I asked the helpline that I wanted to escalate the call, the lady executive said that there was no need as the supervisor would give me the same answer. When I insisted, I was put on hold with no further update so I finally disconnected the call after 12 minutes and went ahead with my billing.

I have thereafter written to profit club on 13 April with several follow up reminders. The response I received initially was asking for my telephone number and store location which I provided promptly. However, I did not receive any follow call and neither have I received any clarification from them.

My complaint is:

A) why did big bazaar not honour the offer made by them
B) why is it not possible to escalate a call to the profit club helpline to get a satisfactory Response
C) why have I not received any satisfactory response until now.