Bharti Airtel Limited — issuing 2 sim cards in same name and breach of contract
To Date: 29.11.2008
The Managing Director
Bharti Airtel Limited
H-5/12, Qutab Ambience,
New Delhi- 110 030.
Sub: Response to legal notice No. LL/09-08/0215 dt.13.09.08 w.r.t A/c-115-[protected] mobile
No.[protected] of Mr.Dipayan Ghosh
Please find herewith a response apropos of your legal notice no. LL/09-08/0215 dt.13.09.08 w.r.t A/c-115-[protected] mobile No.[protected] of Mr.Dipayan Ghosh issued regarding recovery of outstanding dues of Rs.1015.44 [Enclosure 1]. In this context, I, the undersigned, would like to draw your attention to a few pertinent facts which have been omitted in the aforesaid notice.
1. It is true that I have been called up by one Ms. Sonali from Airtel Customer Care, City Center, Salt Lake who offered me a postpaid connection [Full Value 199 Plan-KOL] in a “limited period offer”, wherein I was promised a full talk value of my rental, no security deposit, no CLIP charges & the option of calling any phone anywhere in India @ Re.1/min. Since the offer was lucrative, I grabbed the offer at the first instance and was offered a SIM & allotted a customer account number with my due consent after completing necessary paraphernalia.
What I was NOT informed was that-
(a)The aforesaid mobile no. was already been allotted in the name of one Mr. Arnab Ganguly.
(b)That I would be repeatedly pestered during my busy schedule by incoming calls and sms from various private banks and financial companies threatening me with dire consequences if I do not reimburse/repay some credit card dues and/or loans incurred by the same Mr. Arnab Ganguly, thus causing me to suffer from intense humiliation and psycho-social trauma due to the utter callousness & negligence of Airtel Customer Care-providing the same number to two different customers and remaining complacent to sort the matter out despite repeated requests & complicating matters further by issuing a legal notice, whence a letter of apology was perhaps the need of the hour.
(c) That CLIP charges of Rs.50/- per month would be levied on & from the 3rd month and that too, would be charged separately and not from my unused talk value.
(d)That from the very first bill I would be charged @ Rs.1.20/min instead of Re.1/min as was promised by your sales personnel [Enclosure no.2].
(e)That the option of calling any phone @ Re.1/min was limited to the West Bengal Circle only & STD calls outside circle to any mobile in India will be charged at a much higher rate.
2. It is indeed a shocking realization that in the event of such non-transparency regarding allotment of new connection, hypocritical marketing strategies, and despite my repeated requests for change of number and blocking of promotional calls [through DND activation] falling into deaf ears, you were prompt enough to issue me a legal notice in lieu of a letter of apology on your part without even making a formal enquiry towards remitting my grievances.
3. In view of the above facts, I, a Grade-A Gazetted Officer in West Bengal Health Services, as a customer, would like to emphasize that if you insist on this undue and unjust payment for a service that was not at all allotted to me and the services of which could not be availed by me properly over the last few months, you may initiate legal proceedings as deemed appropriate by your legal cell, wherein, I shall have no option but to see that the controversy be settled by the Consumer Forum and the TRAI-since I feel that it is high time that a reputed corporate like Bharti Airtel should stop playing such cruel pranks on innocent customers like us.
Consultant General Surgeon
More Bharti Airtel Limited Complaints & Reviews
- Airtel - don't trust airtel!
- Lost My Cell With An Airtel Sim Card - please block my number - 9970516597
- Airtel / Puk Number - unable to get puk number!
- Airtel Do Not Call Registry - continue to receive unsolicited calls and sms!
- Bharti Airtel Limited - balance tower site rent
- Airtel - refund of money through dd
- Airtel - screw the airtel
- Airtel - extortion of money
- Airtel Call Home - "india one" is not 1 cent per minute. its a fraud
- Airtel - high billing on data usage and non information of exceeding account limit