Best Buy/ Jvc Everio Camcordermislead in purchase and now can't return

Friendly sales associate sells me a camcorder that is easy to use and easy to download right to Apple computer. JVC Everio Camcorder which also takes still photos. Turns out still photos are pretty poor quality but it was the video I was most interested in. After 2 months of shooting different family events I go to upload movies and it won't upload. My husband spent the next hour trying to download different software but to no avail. I took the camcorder back to Best Buy and they were going to let me exchange it for a 15% re-stocking fee but their register wouldn't let them so we had to call the customer service hotline. They were rude and absolutely unhelpful and said there was nothing I could do about it since it was past the 2 week return limit. They also told me that they don't even sell this camera anymore so they can't even put it back on shelf. I have had this camera for 2 months and it is completely useless to me and they could care less! DON'T SHOP AT BEST BUY EVER!!!