Menu

M
Author of the complaint
1:25 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I Called Geek Squad for a tv repair. I was told that the cost would be $150 plus parts. Tech showed up an hour and half late, looked at tv (didn't even open back or perform any diagnostics) and said that the TV needed a main control unit. He called me and says it will be around 500 and he will have the part in four days. He told me he would call back within the hour to set up new appointment. Never called back, I called a week later, they sent out a different tech with the parts. New Tech installed a logic board(online $34) not a main control unit (350 online), he couldn't figure out why tech ordered 2 of them when tv only has one. He called his billing people and they told him part was $45 and they, d subtract one. He tells me that the bill is $670. I asked how 150(service call)+ 45(part) comes to 670. Couldn't answer nor could anyone else, but that's what I owe for the repair. Tech spends two hours on phone at my house with his billing dept., still no answers, puts me on phone, they tell me they don't know what happened and will call me next day to explain. No call. Two days later 1st tech calls, tells me that they ordered the wrong parts and it's just a coincidence that the $45 part fixed my tv. He also said that I need to pay the $498 because it was the quote. Now geek squad called back and says they'll take $85 for the $45 part and call it even. What a joke, they get caught trying to rip me off for $498 and come back with they'll take twice what the parts worth to settle it. Beware of these rip off artists.

More Geek Squad complaints & reviews

Geek Squad - geek squad - is a total rip off!
Geek Squad - phone insurance
Geek Squad - the geek squad really sucks!
Geek Squad - laptop repair