Best Buybait & switch

here is email i just sent to best buy:<br />
<br />
i went to your store in enfield, CT today to look at 2 big screen tv's advertised on the front page of your weekly circular. after searching exhaustively, i could find neither on display. a store employee who was talking to another customer was there, and i waited until a lull in their conversation to excuse myself and ask if they were on display. he said he'd have to look it up, then ignored me. i left to search again, saying, "when you get a chance, please look it up". i waited another 10 minutes, again not finding the advertised items. there were other sales people in the store, but none in that department, and no one approached me to ask if i needed assistance, even though i think i made it obvious as i wandereed down the aisle, comparing the items to your circular. mind you it was dinner time, about 7PM, and there were few customers in the store.<br />
<br />
now i dont begrudge your employee from finishing his first sale (if indeed that was what he was doing, as they seemed to be having a lot more laughs than i usuaully have with salespeople). but the lack of assistance led me to just leave the store. back when circuit city was in business, whenever i went in there i was helped immediately. thats why i bought fridges, ovens, microwaves, stereos, airconditioners, and other things from them. in other words, you customer service sucks. well there is nothing i can do about that, except keep out of your stores in the future -- and ps -- when i boycott a brick and mortar establishment, their internet version gets the same treatment. <br />
<br />
further, i find it astonishing that you would go to the expense to advertise products on the front page of a national circular, and then not even have them avalable for inspection during the time they are on sale. except, of course, unless you are doing the old bait and switch: advertise a good deal just to get people in, then not have the item available. and that is something i can do something about, as i believe it is illegal under consumer protection laws of both CT and MA. I will contacting the consumer protection agencies of both states forthwith. -- joe

• Bb
    bbisstupid Dec 05, 2014

I recently purchased a R-S201 receiver and a pair Yamaha speakers from Best Buy in Lafayette, LA. I asked the sales person if these speakers would work with this receiver, of course he swore they would! Well guess what according to Yamaha they WILL NOT! Best Buy - you should know better! Read the damning series of events below. You just lost a customer.

Yamaha, you guys need to contact Best Buy and set them straight. Their on-line chat help service (whatever) swears up & down that the 6 ohm speakers will work. I already took it upon myself to return the two Yamaha speakers and purchased two JBL 8 ohm speakers and when I did the folks at Best Buy gave me grief about the swap, again swearing that the 6 ohms would work. This is not the first time I have had trouble with BB and I am definitely an ex-BB-customer.

ALSO, if the impedance is that important why not put the number of ohms for the speakers on the damn box? I mean how stupid! You put the ohms on the box for the receiver but not the box for the speaker? In BB defense how-the-hell is the consumer supposed to know without opening the box in the store and reading the instructions packed inside the box! Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, ...

Also, if you read the blogs regarding the performance of the Yamaha speakers the major complaint is that they lack bass which is exactly what happens when you attach 6 ohm speakers to an 8 ohm minimum receiver, again Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, ...

Dr. Hisey

> Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2017 23:57:08 +0000
    > From: [email protected]
    > To: [email protected]
    > Subject: rs201 [ ref:_00D30F1z._50030X2vea:ref ]
    > Hi Lee : apologys for the delayed answer . The rs201 can drive 2-8ohm speakers only, the 6 ohm speakers used hat high levels could eventually cause problems hope this helps EB
    > ref:_00D30F1z._50030X2vea:ref

• Be
    beha Jan 06, 2014

Worst Buy. I bought a computer at that store and was told over and over about rewards points. My first computer was to ready the fallowing day and was not. It was an hour drive one way so the heck with them, RETURN. Months later I did get a computer from them at a different store. My goodness did I get the points. No, I never got the points. All store and phone reps said it takes 2 months to get the points. Well now the phone reps says since they changed charge companies and if you finance it there are no more rewards points as of November 1, 2017. This store is nothing but a scam. All employees are on a different page. You'll never get the same answer twice. I will NEVER buy anything here again. Very bad business practice. By By best buy.

• Wo
    worstbuyxcustomer Jul 20, 2013

Same thing happened to me in warner robins Georgia store. The employees acted as though the money would be coming out of their own pockets. Had no idea this would occur, when i handed over CASH. Not just rude, highly offensive, as I heard them making fun of my disabled brother. Wasn't really angry about it until that happened. My money is now tied up, and they find this funny. Learned two lessons, 1) never pay cash (believing that you will have no problem if it's necessary to return item and then have to wait and worry over refund). 2) NEVER make another purchase with this chain store again. There are much better deals elsewhere, I'm now learning, as a result of this very unpleasant experience, and now find it necessary to shop elsewhere. As far as how long I will have to wait for my refund check, that remains to be seen. $1300 is a fortune to me, and most people nowadays, much less the stress over it. I've read many of these complaints, and now I don't feel quite so alone and upset over it.

• Al
    alfamale Jan 16, 2013

I think Tasha12 rented a computer for the first time and wants to be the webmaster she has some cruel and cold comments about a 14 year old boy who has been ripped off by Best Buys, I am sure if any one reading this comment would agree Best Buys is a oxymoron, I have never been to a retail store that is so close to being a used car lot !

gatortracks Dec 29, 2012

You should have applied the store credit towards a new game. It would have been a valuable lesson for your son. A week is only a week away.

• Bs
    bsadama Dec 28, 2012

My 14 year old son bought a used Sky RiM vidio game for his play station 3 from Best Buy with his own money. When he tried to play it, the game froze. The next day my wife drove him back out to Best Buy. My son wanted to purchase a new Sky Rim video game so he would not have to deal with the chance of another frozen game but Best Buy was sold out and did not expect more until the following week. They told my wife, either exchange this with another used game today or you are out of luck. No cash refund, nothing. My wife argued with them that they sold a defective product and we wanted a new game but to no avail. Finally, she was able to speak with someone who gave her and my son store credit but they really wanted the new game. Store credit for a defective product and wait until next week. They went to a competor and bought the new game. I will never, ever purchase anything from Best Buy again. I am framing the store credit and putting it on my wall as the biggest FU a store can give a customer after selling a defective product to a child and then saying take it or leave it. I think I will leave it.

TheWayItIs Dec 02, 2012

There are many FREE anti-virus, anti-malware packages available through CNET.com Cancel your geek squad plans and save your money. Software woild have taken care of it and warned you on the screen. Shopping maturity will dictate you don't succumb to ridiculous sales pitches.

• Ho
    Howrider Nov 16, 2012

I saved mega bucks shopping on amazon and shopping at Target...I got the same HDTV that they had in Best Buy at Target for 150 less..And 4 games were 15 to 20 dollars cheaper at Target...Unreal...I never thought I would find the same stuff at Target much cheaper...And Amazon is good also...I will never shop at Best Buy anymore they rip you off...They should be called Worst Buy...Everything I looked at was more then any other store..Even when you look at Washers and Dryers..I found much better deals at Sears and Home Depot...What is with this store anyway...All greed hungry CEOs...There name is just so wrong because you get no Best Buy shopping there...

sandigah Nov 05, 2012

I went to Best Buy on Oct 24 to buy a laptop and decided on a Samsung Windows 8. They became available on 10-26-12. I reserved the product, went back in on the 26th to pay for the computer. That took one hour as 6 of the registers were not working. I purchased insurance and a package that was supposed to counteract viruses. I was told the computer would be ready that night or the next day after the Geek Squad performed their service. The next day I called and was told it would be ready after 4 pm. I went in at that time and was told it would not be ready until the next day. I went in on the 28th and picked it up. Everyone was very apologetic and I was satisfied with the services.
    On Nov 2, I discovered I had a virus on the laptop. I took it into the same store, waited 45 minutes to be waited on and was then told that it would take 8 to 12 days to fix the problem. This is totally unacceptable. I asked if I could return it since I had only had it 8 days and was told that I could not return a computer with a virus.
    I am totally frustrated, brought the computer back home and I will never purchase anything from another Best Buy as Service AFTER the sale is not there. I live in a different county and have traveled 200 miles in the 5 trips that I have made there. I am very upset with the company and the Geek Squad. Thank you for listening.
    If you would like to know more details, my email is [email protected]

• Do
    Donna60 Oct 26, 2012

I have had the same experience, they are rude, uncaring of our hard earned money, when you are buying they promise that if you buy extra warranty everything is covered, now that I have a problem they are saying the extra warranty I bought does not cover my software issues, the computer is about 9 months old I just don' understand how they can get away with stuff like this.
    There must be something, someone that we can take our issues to a Government agency, someone higher up in the Company we can't just be taken advantage of and not do anything I am really upset about this.

• Ge
    GeekSquad1016 Oct 17, 2012

unfortunantly there is nothing that you can do. what is a lie, is that there is no restocking fee, especially since ipads just get sent back to apple, and the company gets mopney for it

gatortracks Oct 13, 2012

"I for one will never step foot in this store again."

At least until you need speakers for your next car.

• Ju
    justme564 Oct 13, 2012

Welcome to corporate america

My son just got a taste of what big businesses are all about. Themselves!
    My son is a senior still in high school. He & ldquo;was & ldquo;employed at best buy for approximately one year. He averaged approximately 30 hours a week. Not once has he ever called in sick or refused hours. In fact many times he picked up extra shifts or stayed late ones that did. During his employment he had received awards for his knowledge and customer service skills and ability to sell! At this point I would like to take the credit for teaching him about work ethic. (Lol) his has been impeccable.
    Now I will get to the point…..
    As a best buy employee, they are entitled to an employee discount. My son had purchased a few items over the past year such as a tv for his room and a car stereo. Last month he purchased speakers for his car. The total transaction came to about $250.00 he paid for $225.00 of it in cash and used a prepaid card in my name that I had given to him for the difference. As of yesterday he was terminated for this. As per company policy employee’s families are not entitled to this discount. Now, I understand that some will say policy is policy. However I have a few questions, one being & hellip; why was this transaction even allowed to take place if that was the case? Shouldn’t the manager of the store have said no you can not use that card? Was he or the cashier terminated for this? And was it really worth the $25.00 to terminate the employee that has helped you out by filling shifts that you didn’t have coverage for, the employee that you have given several awards to for customer service.
    I would like to let best buy know that they lost a great employee. I for one will never step foot in this store again.

TheWayItIs Sep 25, 2012

It's under the mfr 1-year warranty. There was no need to call BBY. Call Panasonic support directly or go online. The way your post reads, "they cancelled the appt but the parts were on back-order? " How could parts be ordered without a service call? BBY (i do not shop there) has ZERO to do with the service call. Why go through a middleman?

TheWayItIs Sep 10, 2012

BBY stores are not in the business of appliance repairs. Independent companies do the work and are paid by the mfr in year 1. BBY certainly doesn't have inventory for loaners. Best off going directly to mfr repair service yourself and not through a middleman as in BBY. For best service, stay away from all big box guys and go to smaller dealers or mom/pop stores.

• Al
    Alder Sep 05, 2012

I had to wait 3 days to have a repair man fix my washing machine. He came on a Saturday and order a part. A second appointment was maid for Thursday. On Wednesday Best Buy called me and said the part would not ship until Friday and I made a new appointment for the following Wednesday. The next day I received the part in the mail and I called for an appointment for today. They would not come and would only come on the following afternoon. More than a week without a washing machine and I called three different days to attempt to have them give me a loner or to expedite the repair. Never got a call back from the Supervisor and they simply did not care about my hardship. The assistant manager at the store was also no help. She would not even call to ask the repair man to come early on Friday. It was their fault that they did not know when the part could come and still they were rude and very uncaring about my problem. NEVER NEVER will I buy an appliance from Best Buy again.

• Cp
    cperace Aug 28, 2012

hi, i bought a pair of Nike shock and had them for two months and only wore them five or six times an the rubber on the shock has already started to pill of its a defect shoe. need to know how to contact them so maybe they can take care of it.

• Be
    Best-Worst Buy Aug 28, 2012

Purchased new Panasonic Plasma TV in February 2017. Stopped working in August. Second Flat Screen, different brand, that stopped working within first two years. I have purchase all of my electronics from Best Buy in the last few years. I explained my frustration to the department manager.He explained that I had to have it repaired first per Best Buy warranty policy. I called repair company and scheduled in-home repair. Waited a week for appointment which was cancelled. Parts are on back order and they cannot tell me when they will receive the parts. It has now been three weeks with no family room TV. My family enjoys it, especially my 2 and 4 year old, not!!! I will never purchase anything from Best (worst) Buy.

• My
    myou Jul 22, 2012

It is not illegal to scan your drivers license they only scan information thats not encrypted like the number and experation date thats totally legal. Look it up and know the law before you start accusing everyone of identity theft. This is why people like you make the jobs of the people behind the counter hard.

gamestacker Jul 19, 2012

Your license is used as a form of identification from corporations to prevent abuse. Your license number is attached to all your returns so that they can spot fraud.
    I can buy sealed new PS3 games on Ebay for $19.
    I can return the same games to Wal Mart and Best Buy and get full cash return or store credit as long as the game is sealed for $59.
    Just go to which ever store does not have it on sale to get the max price. That is a TRIPLE PROFIT MARGIN.
    I can do 375 game returns in a month. That amounts to $270, 000 a year.
    Do you make that much money, Mr. "waaaa I don't want my license touched"?
    It's done all the time.
    And abused.
    But is it illegal? And is it really bad if you can never get caught?
    If we had it YOUR WAY Mr. Evil-corporation-hater, then nobody would ever get caught.
    But each company has a policy that only 4 returns are allowed per driver's license number per year. IF you don't have a license, you must accompany someone who does. That's it ---- FOUR. Wal Mart is Seven. Receipt-in-hand gives you even more.
    But that is how it's done, get in line dummy.

Or would you rather they track returns by your precious Social Security Number?

• De
    denise15 Jun 27, 2012

They have been advertizing several items for months that they don't have, when called they said call next week, I've been calling for next week for months. I finally called the corporate office last week they said they were not going to be getting that brand of computer again and they would remove it from the site, well so far they have changed the price 3 times but never removed the items. I just called again was told that it's not their fault or their problem, I said it is their fault, because their site says "sold out online" which implies they have it somewhere in a store or warehouse and their stupid employees think so too because they keep saying to call back it may be on the next truck. I think this is a way for them to string people along and hopefully they will keep looking and just buy something else.

• Regions Bank Employee May 23, 2012

Nope see they were wrong. I was fired 12 months ago. It was not my fault my dick fell out in from of the customer. It just happens maybe I should have worn a longer skirt.

• raven2010 May 23, 2012

I' just called Regions Bank, and they confirmed that you were terminated six months ago.

• Regions Bank Employee May 23, 2012

What happened to your wife? Did she leave when your gifts did not come?

• Bu
    Burt Sandblaster May 23, 2012

Sorry, but your age and disability have NOTHING to do with this complaint. It makes no difference if you are 72 or 22. I also must ask, why are you alone? I thought your WIFE bought these things for you.

Things happen, items get backordered or they run out of stock. They tried to offer you a solution. IT wasn't what you wanted. It wasn't giftless - why couldn't your wife re-order items for you? You just didn't receive those particular items.

Thudsux May 23, 2012

lets all attack this old man for getting screwed over and over from Best (worst) Buy... that'll lighten my day up and make my horrible purchases from best buy seem just a little bit better. OH! and since i'm in a wheel chair from having my back broken over seas i shouldn't mention that a lot of my time involves activities such as an older person might enjoy, TV, games, computers and such and with my record of buying things at best buy and having them break and waiting months for them to fix it... well i wouldn't want to have some other idiot 30 year old telling me how my story is just a tear jerker element. Wish I worked at best buy and felt the need to defend a company who could care less about customers and only about the $$$$ they waste buying things that break within days of purchase. I guess "special treatment" in these kids eyes means buying something that works, or if i felt that i was entitled to a working product is somehow my fault and i should be happy when things break so my mommy and daddy can them again for me. Oh well i guess my "poor way" of adding truth to my story was too much for some readers.

Malgies May 17, 2012

I was told I was elgible for a free upgrade. I ordered the HTC My Touch Slide. I couldn’t take pictures, went into the store and was told that the SD was damaged and I needed another phone. The store took the phone and reordered another one on January 19th. Today is February 14th and still no phone. I was told the store didn’t input the order in correctly, so on Feb. 3rd another order was done over the phone and they would expedite – at no charge the phone to me which I should receive by feb. 7th at the latest.

I called every day since the 7th and I’m being told that it in the warehouse waiting to be shipped. I spoke with a supervisor on Feb. 13th, who would call me back with a status, she didn’t. I called today and she said back office has to research for another 24 hours. I then asked for someone higher. I was transferred to Corporate. They said that they were backed up for 3 hours and could not take my complaint! I then asked for someone higher.

He said he would transfer me to Consumer Relations. I wasn’t transferred correctly and the call dropped. I called back and have been on hold for Consumer relations for 45 minutes. This is the WORST customer service I’ve ever received. I have received a bill from my carrier for services that I don’t have. I can’t get the internet on my current phone because the upgrade is attached to the MY Touch. My phone bill is $40 higher and it’s been almost a month and I don’t have my phone.

No one can seem to get this resolved. I have always purchased all electronics, computers, software and music from Best Buy. I won’t purchase anything else from you just lost a long time loyal customer.

• Co
    Comanue May 15, 2012

My wife decided to buy me several things for my birthday and christmas combined, when she ordered everything was in stock and ready and available for shipping. A week passes by and we receive this email: “The items listed below are not yet available to be shipped. We expect to ship them within the next 1-2 weeks. We will ship the items sooner if they become available.” A month passes by and I receive another email from Best Buy: “We’re sorry, the backordered items below remains out of stock and your order has been canceled.” I called to find out why it took a month to tell someone they will not be receiving a birthday or christmas present this year but to make it all better they offered me a $20 gift card.

I purchased a 40 inch Dynex TV, i also bought a contract for this item, on 12/12/2017, it stopped working working, i called the best buy store where i bought it and was told to bring it to the store, after waiting 45 mins i was told they do not service TV, s over 37 inches at the store and that ishould bring it home and call a phone # that they gave me they said some-one would come and repair in my home .The person who came to my home could not repair it and removed it to his shop.It is now one month since this happened and i still do not have a TV.I am 72 years old and disabled and depressed after being alone in my apartment without my TV.

If you check my acct. with Best Buy you will see that i have purchased many item, s from you, including TV, s Computer, s and printers and camera, s, but will properly not buy from you again.P.S. I hope some-one reads this and gets back to me !! Because $20 suppose to make up for a giftless christmas and birthday. One question they could not answer me was if Best Buy still deals with the company that makes the product, why is it that you can not get the item? Never will I do business with Best Buy ever again.

• Na
    Nailake May 01, 2012

I went to the Best Buy store on Eawst Skelly Drive to look at televisions. It took soome time for a clerk to come buy. After a young man contacted us after requesting him to do so, he reviewed the tv options for us. We went home to think about these. We returned the next day, October 20, 2017. Again it took sometime to find a clerk. As I came into the store several employees were having a good time yelling to each other, one even climed on a desk to look over a backdrop at the cell phone counter to engage other clerks verbally. We had to again find a clerk.

Finally a contact was made. This young man suffers greatly fom some sort of hypertension. He had some object tied to a cord around his neck. He was constantly twirling it in from of his face. ZZZZZI finally asked him to stop. We did select a TV and purchased it. We thought we had asked the right questions that would allow is to take the TV home, plug it in and see the upgraded TV (direct TV). We did get it working with; the same quality as the old one. As we inquired around we found that several steps had to be taken to get direct tv quality on the screen.

I retured to store to experience the same chaos as the night before. Clerks more interested in visiting with one another than servicing customers. I left the store and went to the Best Buy store at 71st and 169. A very knowledgeable young man answered all my question about how to get the tv showing the direct tv quality. A vast difference from the store where we bought the Samsung tv. Some supervision is certainly seems to be needed at the Skelly store.

• Ru
    Rumbler Apr 16, 2012

I had heard that Best Buy recycles old TV’s and computers for free. I was in the midst of moving so I wanted to get rid of one of each. I called the store ahead of time, told the clerk exactly what I was donating and confirmed that the service was Free. After driving 20 miles to the closest store I’m told by a very rude customer service desk clerk that there is a $10 charge for each but I get the $10 back if I spend it in the store. Obviously furious that I had just wasted all that time and gas I asked to speak the manager who was just as rude.

Even after I threatened to completely pay off my balance on my Best Buy card that day and never return again, the manager still told me I could go ahead and leave the store if I wasn’t going to pay the $10 charge. After waitin ten minutes while the customer service desk clerk tried to close out my account, and asking me four times for my social security number, he finally tells me I can only pay by cash, which I didn’t have.

When I asked to speak to the manager again, he laughed and said he’d figured I would ask that! Needless to say, I closed out my account and will never be shopping at any Best Buy again. Oh, and I found out that the lady who told me she was a store manager, was in fact not.

TheWayItIs Apr 10, 2012

"They assured me it was a good brand." says it all. Do you fall hook, line and sinker at car dealers as well?
    What "expert" advice could you get from a "sales" associate? What are the credentials of a Geek Squad employee?
    Try CNET for expert and user reviews. Buy online. The peace of mind is priceless. Buyer Beware at BBY. The only reason BBY survives is that there are still a considerable population of gullible Americans. Harsh but true.

• Ne
    NEVER purchase from BEST BUY Apr 01, 2012

As a family we have bought several computers from Best Buy. I was warned when I went to buy my new computer to NOT buy from Best Buy from the rest of my family, since they had found themselves in the position of having to take back their computers repeatedly for fixes. However, I did not listen. So I am finding myself regretting the decision to buy from this company. I purchased an ASUS from Best Buy in October. Within four days the computer crashed. They assured me this was a good brand, it was the brand the "expert" in the store recommended for my needs. They replaced the computer and within four months, the hard drive crashed again. This time they would not listen to my concerns that the brand was bad. The inept Geek Squad said they would and could back up my files and they would repair the hard drive but refused to consider another brand of computer. After three weeks they hounded me to come and pick up my computer (after not having time to pick it up within three days after the supposed repairs were finished). When I did pick it up, not only was it not ready, but they THEN informed me that they were not able to safe any of my files. They acted like they were doing me a favor by not charging me for the cost of the data back up. They then said their "I'm sorry" line and said they would have the computer ready the next day. They did not. When it was finally "ready"...can you guess...it was not working. Drives are missing, no office installed. So of course when I called the Geek Squad, they were unavailable to take my call. I have learned my lesson. I will never, ever walk into Best Buy again. I will make sure I tell EVERYONE I know to avoid the rip off artists known as Best Buy, the Walmart of computers. Shame on Best Buy for stealing money and shame on me for not listening to my family.

• Am
    Amhammond Mar 14, 2012

I recently purchased a GE washer/dryer combination unit, model # gtup270emww. I purchased this item in store along with the extended black tie service plan, a refrigerator and an over the stove microwave.

As per usual with Best Buy, I got truly terrible customer service. I could not believe it was so difficult to give them my hard earned money. Eventually, I went home with 2 delivery dates for my purchases.

Fast forward to today, I received a phone call from Best Buys 3rd party delivery contractor informing me that my fridge was to be delivered tomorrow. When I asked about my other appliances was told that they didn't know and I would have to track them down myself. This was now the second time my microwave was supposed to have been delivered and I was told they didn't know what the deal was with it.

After many hours of annoyed phone calls, horrendous on hold music, and unsatisfying results I discovered that my washer/dryer combo will still not be delivered and they have no clue when it will be delivered. All I have really wanted from best buy, was a solid date of delivery. I would prefer that all my goods arrive at one time, so as not to interrupt with my work schedule too much, however this has proven too large of a task.

I wanted the real scoop one where my washer/dryer is, so I called GE, something I was told not to do by Best Buy. I discovered that GE had a few in their Baltimore and Denver warehouses, but were unsure if they were assigned to PO numbers yet or not. They are planning to run a production of these units on April 6th. It will probably be mid to late April before I see my washer/dryer.

What I really want to know is, if I could find that info out, why couldn't Best Buy? Why couldn't they give me a better ETA on my goods? Had I known that it would take this long for it to arrive I probably would have ordered a different unit. I truly believe Best Buy did not want to tell me how long it would be for delivery because they were scared I would cancel my order. In most cases I would, however, I am too afraid best buy won't even be able to refund me correctly and I will then become even more upset.

Bottom Line: Be aware some of the washer dryer combos have long lead times. In addition don't believe Best Buys delivery dates or plan around them. Unless Best Buy does something truly amazing, I will never spend another dollar with Best Buy. I am Best Buys ideal demographic, an 18-35 year old male homeowner with disposable income galore. Now is the time they should be locking me in as a lifetime customer, but they have done the opposite.

• Po
    Poure Mar 08, 2012

I wrote to Best Buy today about my terrible experience with them, not the first time something has been bad, and promised to post about them everywhere I could find, so here it is:

Why you have lost my business:

First, my son applied for a best buy credit card online. The card had not arrived but when we called the store (twice, to double check) they said they could look up his card number and he could make his purchases at that time. This was a lie. He wasted multiple hours and $20 of gas. I also called the store manager, left a message but he never called me back.

The card never arrived, and the trip for which I needed a car stereo is tomorrow. We have been checking the mail, since it said it would be one or two weeks, and it has been three weeks.

We called, and they said the card had just now been mailed out.

So, I needed to buy the stereo myself. I called the store to make sure it was in stock and they had time to install it today. I went online and found the correct item and installation. I called to make sure the order would be available to be installed right away. The person told me to place the order over the phone with him, and it would be available immediately.

My son once again wasted multiple hours and $20 in gas to drive to the Melbourne FL store, only to be told that the order was 'processing' and would not be available for up to 72 hours. That delay was never mentioned to me before I placed the order.

I called your 800 number and was connected to a remarkably rude woman who told me there was nothing that could be done by anyone and I was stuck, and if I wanted to be irritated with her I needed to call someone else. I cancelled the order.

I then called the store, where my son was still waiting, to see if there was a way to work through the issue and complete the purchase and installation today. The person told me that if I were in the store it would be no problem but since I was not there it was impossible. I expressed my frustration and conveyed that this was not the first, nor second, nor even tenth time something had been screwed up by best buy. The person said she was sorry but nothing could be done. I asked if she would prefer to try to work something out or if she would prefer for your company to lose my business entirely. She did not choose the first option.

You have lost my business, utterly and permanently. I am beyond angry, and I will be most happy to find every single customer alert board and blog, and post about my experiences with your excrescence of a company.

TheWayItIs Feb 06, 2012

"Red ring of death" issues have been take care of directly by Microsoft under an extended mfr warranty for this issue only. Email Microsoft to get a return authorization to repair it. If you want outstanding customer service, take your business anywhere but Worst Buy.

• La
    Lazypages Jan 31, 2012

did you contact the Mircosoft Office? If you didn't and if you hadn't opened you Xbox you can get it repaired MicroSoft will send a sticker too put on a box with your Xbox in it and you can send it too them and they'll repair it if you hadn't try too repair it your self, so give that a try.

• Mi
    MickCheck Jan 28, 2012

On 1/25/2017, My brother in law bought me an ASUS Prime tablet and a Dock from the store . The dock had to be placed on order since they were out of stock and received it on Friday 1/27/2017--

Got the dock home and went to attempt to dock it with the tablet--- It was a bit of a challenge since Asus decided to put felt and make it a tight squeeze but anyways, it was docked... I didn't pay much attention to the battery since the tablet was fully charged and the dock was charging--- After about 2 hours of use, i undocked the keyboard from the transformer and took the usb cable and attached it to my pc to transfer files... All of a sudden, I noticed the tab was no longer charging--- I assumed it was my computer, so i put instantly the tablet on the wall charger and noticed it was NOT charging (keep in mind, I picked up the dock 3 hours prior to this) At this point, I was in a panic mode and frustrated since the tablet is less than 3 days old.. I proceeded to dock the tablet back to the keyboard dock and it started charging--- This made me a little more relived--- I tested the charger again on the wall to the tablet and NO charge ... I thought i was the cable but the dock was still charging perfectly with same cable..

Today, I took it in to bestbuy and told them my situation.. the customer service girl told me once geek squad checks it, they will exchange it for me... well apparently, the dock damaged the plastic inside the charging part of the transformer and DECLINED any kind of exchange or return and told me to contact asus or buy a black tie agreement that does NOTHING for me... all it does is allow best buy to repair it--- but im not gonna spend 100.00 for that..

The store manager was a complete jerk.. he did NOT want to hear my concerns nor did he even attempt to fix the situation.. he just cared about selling me a blacktie and leave the tablet with them to send it out... its 3 DAYS OLD!!! -- so I stormed out of this store and the managers did nothing to try to stop me or offer a suggestion or support... All i wanted was an exchange since the dock damaged the tablet, ,

I called 1888bestbuy and the geek squad agent agreed with my concern and stated that the store should offer their 14 day return exchange policy REGARDLESS... at this time he transferred me to a manager --she told me to take my case number back to the store and tell the store manager to REFUND Me... instead, he takes me to a phone, dials a number and WALKS AWAY--- I was at the store for an additional 45 minutes on the phone and the storm manager did NOT return to ask or checkup with me... The best buy customer support line is not any better-- -the store manager did nothing ---

point is, do NOT buy anything from best buy in kennesaw ever.. the black tie is a complete scam because they hold the reserve to deny claims--- and most of the time they do deny it or they send it out-- they do NOT replace items as they state... furthermore, if they want to, the can deny it and the customer is screwed..

• Ne
    Nelson S. Jan 15, 2012

On December 13th 2017 we had ordered several items from BestBuy.com for a combined birthday-Christmas gift. A week, or so
    after placing the order we received an email from Best Buy explaining that some of the items we had ordered are on "back order"
    and will be shipped in about two weeks. Please keep in mind that when we ordered this there were many, many "out of stock"
    items on the website. and, that every item that was selected for our order was "available and ready for shipping" according to the website.
    This was very upsetting news, but we understood that things happen and that we would just have to wait. Thursday, January 12, 2017- we received another email from Best Buy. Informing us that one of the items we ordered is "no longer available" and that our order has been "canceled" by Best Buy. After getting this email we immediately contacted customer service, they informed us that there is nothing they can do since the items are no longer available, so we contacted the manufacturer of the product and was informed that the items are still being made and being sold worldwide. We checked again with Best Buy and they could not answer why if they still were dealing with the manufacturer, why they could not make the item available. We had to spend a gift less Christmas and a gift less birthday thanks to Best Buy.

• Also it is obvious the manager was into Claudette Rocklin, she is already married to me, and he was sexually harassing me. I am already married you pig.

• To those who replied to the OP's reviews you are a bunch of ###s and sheep. You sound just like the police who were called. They told her that he had to leave the store. Thud you dummy the manager did tell me not to return to the store so think before you post. Also at first the police were siding with the manager. Then they finally gave in to her. I bet they sided with the manager because he gave those fat pigs free donuts. Also I suspect the manager was checking her out. I was another customer in line so don't tell me I don't know what happened. I know exactly what happened.