Bench Craft Companyno bench sign/no refund

P

In May of 2008, I received an unsolicited phone call from Mark Hogan offering a bench sign promotion at Rancho Carribe Golf Course located on the Bolivar Peninsula beaches of Texas Gulf Coast. I paid $385.00 for a bench sign to be placed at one of the 9-hole sites and was promised my company would be the only one of it's type to be displayed on the course and would be delivered in the fall of 08.

Prior to the "fall" of 08, we had Hurricane Ike which devastated our peninsula and Galveston Island. We literally had neighbor's lose everything, some included their lives. The golf course was tore up and still does not exist today, eight months later. Like most of my neighbors, my home in Galveston was destroyed, but my office in Port Bolivar, located on the farthest west end, was only slightly damaged. This is where I live today...in my office. I contacted Bench Craft Company about getting a refund, but only received a voice message from Mark Hogan that the benches were still coming to the golf course. I again called and had to leave a message that there was no golf course any longer and would like a refund since the benches weren't even made and it was into February, 2009, six months past delivery.

Mark Hogan again returned my call and left a message stating he was calling in reference to my call about relocating my bench sign. Is this man for real. There is no place to relocate the sign. There is nothing left here. We just got telephone service back in April. How we take the conveniences in our lives for granted. That bench is the lowest of priorities to anyone who participated in this scam. Refunds! Refunds are what we are asking. There is no golf course to place them on. They are way past due. And now, Mark Hogan won't even take calls or return left messages.

Where is this state's attorney general? Why is he still allowed to scam people? Doesn't this fall under some type of fraud? HELLO LAWMAKERS. Why aren't you protecting WE THE PEOPLE? $385 doesn't seem like much money, but when you are starting over, it feels like a million.

• As
    asus3000 Jan 25, 2013

I don't see how Bench craft could be responsible for the loss. They were paid to make a sign, and they did so.