Menu
Bench Craft Company
reviews & complaints

Bench Craft Company
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

42 complaints
13 resolved 29 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Bench Craft Company. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
B
9:31 pm

Bench Craft Company - failure to follow through

I wish I had known about the complaints previously against Benchcraft! We paid $750 for ads at 2 different golf coursesin our area to appear in their guides in Aug of 2013. Tried for 6 months beginning in April to get somewhere with them after we found out the guide was not at the local course (for WHATEVER reason, never did get a clear answer as to what happened, they said one thing, golf course said another) and finally was promised a refund in November 2015. When it didn't show on my credit card in 28 days i filed a dispute since it was charged on our credit card, which they contested and i am still fighting with them to get my money back.. as others have said THEY ARE A SCAM I may never see the money but I will keep trying and make sure i spread it ALL over the internet as well as contacting Attorney Generals in Oregon and Georgia.

9:01 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

When Bench Craft called me asking me to advertise through them, I agreed. This was only because they told me that I would be the ONLY landscaper advertised with my local golf course. After seeing that there were three other landscapers advertised, I double checked the written contract sent in the mail AFTER the phone call. It states that this contract...

Bench Craft Company - $395 collected; no service provided

I paid $395 to sponsor a course guide at Duckers Lake Golf Resort in Frankfort, KY, on March 9, 2012. I finally received a proof, but I h ave not seen a final product, and was told on June 26, 2012 that we would have a sample of the final product within ten days. On August 6, 2012 we were told the company is awaiting final approval from Duckers before beginning the print job. If this were a legitimate business service, it would have been completed in time for the begining of golf season, which at the latest, is May 1, 2012.

I would like my $395 refunded. I intend to contact the Attorneys General in both Kentucky and Oregon, the home state for Bench Craft.

1 comment
H
Jan 25, 2014 4:25 pm

This company is a Scam! Do not pay for any advertisement with this company! I paid for an advertisement with this company that was supposed to be printed on a Golf Score card but they never published my ad. Buyer BEWARE!

A
6:46 pm

Bench Craft Company - unethical billing practices

Our company was contacted in 2010 to place an ad through Bench Craft Co. We decided to go ahead an place an ad. Bench Craft double charged our credit card and it took many, many calls and about 6 months in order for them to take off one of the charges. They contacted us again in 2011 to replace the ad. Since I am not the one making the decisions, I told the rep that I would ask the owners if they wanted to place the ad again. The rep said that he would go ahead and send me the contract to sign. I never received the contract and the owners did not want to place the ad. I did not authorized the company to go ahead with the ad. After receiving our credit card statement 3 weeks later, Bench Craft charged us for the ad. The charge was the same day of the call. I called the company to let them know that we did not want to place the ad and was put on hold for over 30 minutes, then miraculously was put to their voice mailbox. I called back again to speak with management and was placed on hold for a while again. I finally gave up trying to dispute the charge directly through the company and will try another route. I am sure it will take another six months to reverse the charge. READ THE OTHER COMPLAINTS! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!

6:15 pm

Bench Craft Company - what a scam!!!

I was contacted by a representative of Benchcraft golf cards in November of 2010 and he said he was selling spaces on a local golf course score card for the up comming winter season here in Florida. I went to the local golf course and looked at one of the cards and decided this might not be a bad idea being the location of the golf course was very close to my charter fishing business, WHAT A VERY BAD IDEA IT DID TURN OUT TO BE! They took my $375, had me sign a contract. I than submitted and business card for them to use as my ad. Couple weeks later I got a proof of my ad in the mail which I O.Ked for print. Our busy season here in Florida starts in Febuary. I returned to the golf course in February to see if my ad had been put into the scorecard, which it had not been. I called Benchcraft to see what to hold up was and OMG you have never seen such a run around, an hour later somethere was able to locate my account and said the cards were on the way. I returned to the gold course in March still no scorecards and called again, same runaround again and was told they are on the way. I returned to the golf course in April still no scorecard mind you six months later after they took my money! Season is now over for Florida. I called yet once again and was told again that they were on the way by this time I was seeking legal advice. In August I once again went to the golf couse to see if the scorecards were in where I was informed by the owner of the course that I was not the only person who had shown up looking for their ad. The owner informed me also that he had personally called himself and got the same runaround, than decided to discontinue all business with Benchcraft because now they are giving his golfcourse a bad name also by misrepresenting him as a legitmate business owner. A week later I was informed that the scorecards had finally showed up with my ad but unfortunatley he was not putting them on the carts any longer being he contracted another company to publish his new scorecards but would hand them out to people who did visit the golf course looking for information. End of story! I wished I had read this complaint section first before I sent these CROOKS my money. I hope this complaint helps someone else before they are a victim of the same FRAUD that I was.

2 comments
B
Jan 31, 2015 5:23 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Same here! I wish I had known about the complaints previously We paid $750 for ads at 2 different golf courses. Tried for 6 months to get somewhere with them and finally was promised a refund. When it didn't show on my credit card in 21 days i filed a dispute which they contested and i am still fighting with them to get my money back.. as others have said THEY ARE A SCAM

D
Jan 30, 2012 8:46 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have the same story to tell. I paid them over $1000 for 3 ads at two different golf courses. The books have never made it to either golf course. I too have been given the run around and when I push them for answers they hang up on me. This company is a joke! They do not understand customer service. DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO THIS COMPANY!

8:18 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

BEWARE of SCAM !!! I verified the information by the salesperson with the Authorized agent of the Golf course and he could not verify the information promised to me by the Benchcraft salesperson. Benchcraft very misleading regarding the # of pieces to be printed. As I pressed the salesperson he outright lied giving me a "reasonable" explination. That wa...

W
7:51 pm

Bench Craft Company - misleading

The caller left a voicemail with a phone number that did not match the caller ID. He said it was regarding a project at golf course. We are a painting company, so the obvious assumption is that they were calling for a painting project.
I returned the call and the person answered simply "Bench Mark". This set off a red flag immediately. Our company wasted our money on them in 2008-2009 for advertising that never happened. I confirmed the nature of the call which had nothing to do with painting. I told the Bench Mark representative that I don't appreciate the misleading voice mail and that there is no way we would ever do business with their company again. I told him that I don't want to receive any calls from them in the future.
His response was that there is no legal requirement for a "Do Not Call" list for business to business calls, therefore they do not keep a list. I asked him why that is when other businesses keep such lists as a courtesy to other businesses. He repeated his comment about no legal requirement.
I find it amazing that they will continue to contact businesses that they have already ripped off in the past.

O
3:08 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

bench craft company made me sell my body to pay for my sign. they turned my kids against me. they made my wife sleep wit a few black fellas now her smush smush will never be the same for me :( they rear ended me at a stop sign. they killed michael jack son for not buying a sign. they are hunters!!! bench craft company ruined my life!

F
11:23 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

There is a company located in Portland that is a total scam, ruining the lives and dreams of people everywhere. Bench Craft's owner, Charlie Cobb, makes a very nice living off hurting others. He steals thousands of dollars off people's credit cards offering advertisement that doesn't exist on golf courses that do exist. He offers seemingly inexpensive...

R
11:09 pm

Bench Craft Company - bad service

This lowlife pathetic company cold calls people trying to sell advertising on Golf Courses. They call REPEATEDLY, sometimes up to 3 times a day. Despite numerous demands to CEASE and DESIST, they continue to annoy and harass people. Apparently, that's how lowlife's resort to soliciting business. They have a C rating with the BBB and numerous complaints against them online. I wouldn't do business with such a ### operation if they were selling water in a desert.

R
7:00 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

i was contacted by someone named rocky he said he was the project manager at my local golf course. he offered me advertising space on his course and i agreed to participate. he was very pushy about getting my credit card information. he told me my card wouldnt be charged for a day while he filled out the production order and faxed it to me. my card wa...

K
11:11 am

Bench Craft Company - false information

My experience was like many others before me and most likely many after me as well. I was solicited by Bench Craft for an inexpensive advertisement that seemed like a sure deal. In reality it was all just lies. I paid for4 years of "Bench" ads but was put on ball washers or a driving range bench when I was promised hole 1 and 2. Also I was promised a free year of bench ad for purchases the score card ad. I was never even put on the score card and only 3 months later was contacted to renew my Bench ad. When I asked about my free year I was told that associate doesn't work here and we cannot honor when he said even though I had a contract stating that my payment include the score card and bench ad. Luckily I always paid by check never debit or credit card. Thanks to reading some reviews, I knew they will automatically charge you without your consent. This company is heartless and will do or say anything to make a buck. I am honestly surprised any of them can sleep at night. I would strong advise anyone to not do any business with this company.

V
11:31 am

Bench Craft Company - fraudulant sales practices

We started a new business in january 2010. early february 2010: Benchcraft Sold me advertising space on golf courses in central texas by phone. Told me they fund me at the chamber of san marcos. phone number from arlington tx.
When i bought in one golf course, was called several days later and offered a "deal" if I signed up for three courses for price of 2. Cc payment over the phone (they were pretty insistant on getting that done before any service was offered and we should have taken note of that !)
The same week I sent the graphics to their "art" deptmt trough the email provided. 2 weeks later, I was sent an email asking for the graphics. I told them they had it and asked when all this was going to be done since golfing season is starting soon. They told me next week the art dptment was going to finish proof ...
went down hill from there: I called a couple of time and pretty much got shut down when I started complaining. I then checked BBB (a bit late) in early april and found numerous complaints.
then got a letter showing the proof and telling me I had so many days to review. It is now may and still nothing. I called and told them to hurry up and get the stuff in place but i am not expecting anything from these scammers. I do not understand how they are in business with so many complaints over the whole country.
Let you local chamber now about these scammers !
The owner will probably start a new one after this one gets shut down: HE needs to get in jail !

C
11:29 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a goft course ad in sept 2009 for 2010 year from the atlanta branch office, Travis Schug. He was very nice and very professional even though I received no business from placing this $375 ad at local cecil field golf course. The home office out of Portland, Steve (Stephen) called and wanted me to place a new ad that would carry me into the 2011...

N
1:23 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I'm a business owner who purchased advertising at a golf course with great hopes. Unfortunately, I never received any advertising or anything. I would frequent the golf course in search of my ball and my signs and to no avail! Although I occassionally found my ball. Anyway, I spoke with the golf pro who told me how things work. Apparently, Bench Mark will...

P
3:31 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In May of 2008, I received an unsolicited phone call from Mark Hogan offering a bench sign promotion at Rancho Carribe Golf Course located on the Bolivar Peninsula beaches of Texas Gulf Coast. I paid $385.00 for a bench sign to be placed at one of the 9-hole sites and was promised my company would be the only one of it's type to be displayed on the course...

V
11:24 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My story is similar to many. I was sold a diamond necklace with fake diamonds. In other words I believed what the salesman was telling me about a gorgeous 18 hole golf course with 10 tournaments a year plus numerous corporate sponsored events. My advertisement would be seen by thousands of people each year and over 30, 000 new cards are being printed thi...

W
7:37 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

SCAM- WIRE FRAUD- I wish I would've checked them out before I went to work for them 2 weeks ago. I have resigned from benchcraft. I can no longer turn a blind eye to their systematic pattern of deception. I apologize for soliciting people even though I was already pretty suspicious. If it makes anyone feel any better, I sold a scorecard ad to my own...

J
9:15 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was solicited by phone by Bench Craft Company to purchase advertising space on a tee marker at a local golf course and the advertising was to be in place for a period of 24 months. A day later the "sales manager" of Bench Craft Company called me and told me he could offer me the same deal at two other nearby golf courses. I accepted his offer and my...

D
5:41 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Charley Cobb, the guy who inherited this company is a horrible person. He has been involved in Coupon Book Scams in the past! He refers to women as "Split Bottoms", he also calls them "slugs" because of the slim trail he says they leave while dragging their bottoms around the office. He refers to his male employees as "Slaps" and "Boy". He is proud that he...

Bench Craft Company contacts