Be2unable to cancel subscription

O Review updated:

I joined be2.com.sg in February, but soon decided to cancel my subscription with them. After 2 frustrating attempts I decided to just cancel my credit card, so that they would not be able to charge me again after my subscription ran out. Months later they are now sending threatening emails telling me that i should renew my account soon or they will take legal action. I admit i was dumb and got con but is there anyone out there who is able to help with this troubling issue or is able to provide information as to whether they took legal action against anyone ?

Here is the email that was sent to me:

The automatic renewal of your premium membership has failed due to a problem with your credit card/bank account.

Please update your payment details now:
Click here to update your payment details.

As there is a valid contract between you and be2 we otherwise reserve the right to take legal measures.

For any questions you may have, please contact us by writing to [protected]@be2.com
Best regards
Your be2 team

--------------------------------------------------
Details of your subscription:
Subscription type: be2 Premium 6 month(s)
Price: 239.40SGD
Date of last failed payment: 26/08/2011

RESOLVED

Annabel Marshall Sep 06, 2011

Dear Ocean Moon

I am Annabel Marshall from be2 Customer Services.

Please get in touch with me at annabel.[protected]@be2.com, quoting your be2 user name and I shall do my best to assist you.

With kind regards

Annabel Marshall
    Team Lead be2 Customer Services
    annabel.[protected]@be2.com

• To
    toukieuk Sep 29, 2011

Dear Ocean Noon
    Don't waste your time with Ms Marshall, she has no intention of giving you a refund. I am in the UK not Singapore, so I can onle report on what is happening over here. Many people have been threatened, but no one has been taken to court to my knowledge. I suggest contacting your national newspapers, consumer associations, etc. you won't get your money back but you may be able to curn their activity a little.

• Sh
    Sheryl.88 Oct 05, 2011

Hi! Sadly to say, i'm also one of the singaporean victim who got scammed for 2 years. So to solve this issue, cancel your debit/credit card and report to your respective bank to black list be2. The bank re-issue u with a new card and new number. Thus, be2 would not be able to rob you that SGD$240.

Don't bother trying to send them emails to explain to them that you want to cancel the membership or threaten them to take legal actions against them. They WILL NOT cancel the membership for you and they will reply you with all the ### stuffs and hence, grabbing more money from you. (Trust me, they have their way)

Be2 is a scam, don't ever ever believe them! And I would tell everyone around me that this be2 is a scam and not to fall into their loop hole.

Hope it helps :)

• De
    Deplove Oct 11, 2011

Sheryl.88, I am going thru the same process as you now, they are threatening to send the Debt Collection. Which organization in Spore can we turn to for advice?

• Kr
    krishbha Mar 10, 2012

Hi,
    Iam krish.. Iam in singapore and facing the same problem as you . I cancelled my card and they threaten now saying that they will send the Debit collection . can somone please help what should i do now ..plzzzzzzzz.. Iam afraid it will affect my credit ratings in the fututre pleaseeeeeeeee somone help me ..

Thanks
    krish

• Os
    Oscat May 21, 2012

I have also been threatened with debt collection from these guys and have has numerous unpleasant emails with them.

• Lo
    lorato 33 Dec 07, 2012

they are also threatening me as well, i am in the uk. it was so hard to cancel the premium membership before my trials finishes. i sent them couples of letters and emails but they are still telling me they didnt see any, please help me this people i demanding my money because i have claim it back and my bank managed to get it back

• Mi
    Michele234 Jul 20, 2017

@lorato 33 I live in Australia many problems with there site

• Mi
    Michele234 Jul 20, 2017

So I live in Australia it's advertise for free subscribe but you don't see many pics and can not reaspond sometimes some photos are blurry and not true picture the biggest prob is I went profile click settings click premium it has date I sighned up but unable to cancel there is no button it should be easy to cancel I checked out other sites and they have a cancel button and send you e.mail confirming be2 is a run around they should have a number you can ring not just a fax in luxuburg this experience has put me off dateing on line my daughter thought it would be a good idea for me to meet someone be2 need to do a remodel ect

• Av
    Aventanario Feb 01, 2018

I've also got scammed by it once and I've no option to delete my account. I've already changed my card and my pin to prevent them from robbing my fortunes. And can anyone help how to deal with its so called debt collection?

• Be
    Be2 Mar 27, 2019

@Aventanario Please contact us at cs @be2.com quoting complaintsboard.com in the subject header of your email to us. We can then look into your query. We cannot discuss personal accounts on this public forum. From your be2 customer service team.

Jonjon6262 Aug 06, 2020

I am trying to cancel my Premium account and it doesnt allow me to, I have read alot of bad post on this forum.
    Please advise me how I delete my account, I do not wish to be charged anymore money