Menu

Be2  -  dating agency scam

P
Author of the complaint
12:29 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I looked around a couple of dating sites. I came across be2 sarl. I didnt want to sign up to anything...just have a look. After about 2 months of emails trying to get me sign up I eventually accepted the offer of 1 months trial for £5. This is probably the worst thing I have ever done in my life as I am normally very careful on the net. After trying to cancel before "an unknown deadline at the time" I was unable to navigate to areas of their website to complete a cancellation. Obviously this site is set up in such a way that you cannot do this and ultimately are too late to cancel therefore giving them the right to charge you for 6 months of their product at £149.94 that you do not want. I have been in touch with my bank and pleaded with them not to honour this payment, but to no avail. I now have to wait 15 days while my bank tries to get my money back. Not feeling too hopeful right now. But you never know. Bunch of crooks!

Update by pargyle
Aug 10, 2012 11:12 am

What is the best thing to do next?

More Be2 complaints & reviews

Be2 - taking money without my consent
Be2 - dating site
35 comments
Dec 05, 2019 6:51 am

nigdy nie robiłam u państwa zakupów natychmiast proszę o zwrot pieniędzy na moje konto w przciwnym razie zawiadamiam policję w tym czasie byłam chora Małgorzata Hołubasz

Jun 13, 2019 7:44 am

Dear Victim A, we're sorry to hear about your issue. Please contact us at cs @ be2 . com, put complaintsboard.com in the subject header. On behalf of the be2 Customer service Team.

Jun 11, 2019 6:06 am

Dear Victim A, we're sorry to hear about your issue. Please contact us at cs @ be2 . com, put complaintsboard.com in the subject header. On behalf of the be2Customer service Team.

Jun 10, 2019 10:28 am

Hi

I am a victim too, I receive so call lawyer letter for their unauthorized claim. The worse is that my credit card was used unauthorized, and fraudulently used for other website in Europe while I am in Asia and never have any transaction in Europe region. I am planning to sue this the owner of the website, does anyone want to join me?

Mar 04, 2019 7:53 am

We cannot discuss personal details on this public forum and if your complaint is not resolved please contact us at cs @be2.com quoting complaints board, thanks in advance

Feb 02, 2019 11:27 am

All customers are asked to contact the customer service team directly to resolve any issues as we cannot discuss personal cases on platforms such as this. Please email us at [email protected] to resolve any outstanding issues. Thank you.

Apr 18, 2018 11:03 am

Hello,

I had taken once their membership for 1 month but never put through anyone, and now getting emails asking for 379 $ even not used their services and un-subscribed them earlier. They have asked Singapore Commercial Credit Bureau (SCCB) (NO IDEA EVEN ITS VALID) and asking for money. Did any one from singapore faced this issue too? Pls share.

any one recognized this id

6 Shenton Way

Any follow up?

A
Jan 28, 2019 8:40 am
Replying to comment of MichMacon

Scam .avoid .sent me a debt collection agency letter..my bank blocked them .And said they are a scam .they have 4 dating sites all a con

Feb 02, 2019 11:31 am
Replying to comment of Aj××

Please note that stopping payments via your bank may not prevent debt collection proceedings. Please email the team at [email protected] quoting "complaintsboard.com" to resolve any issues as quickly as possible. We cannot discuss individual accounts on this platform. Thanks

Mar 07, 2018 4:49 am

I have been fighting this company for 2 years! I have attempted to call their head office in Luxemburg - no chance. I have written registered letters - they are refused and returned. I tried cancelling with my credit card company but because it is a "subscription" that I once agreed, there is nothing to do. I have now asked for a so-called "charge back" because it is already registered that I cancelled more than a year ago. The credit card company can only do that but the payment was already taken from the credit card. Please, dear lonely person, do not join this service. I did not meet anyone. It was a total failure. Now, my costs are more than CHF 1000.00 because they last charged me CHF 419.00 and I don't even know what for. There is no receipt. There is no notification. There is no direct communication from the company B2 S.A.R.L. Luxemburg.

Apr 22, 2019 8:27 am

Just in case you're facing difficulties with your bad credit score, I was able to fix my credit score and removed some unwanted items through cyberdiety @ protonmail, i was referred to them on a forum and they did a great job on my credit, so i can guarantee them for you, just get to them

Jun 10, 2019 10:45 am

Hi Dianne,

I am a victim too, I receive so call lawyer letter for their unauthorized claim. The worse is that my credit card was used unauthorized, and fraudulently used for other website in Europe while I am in Asia and never have any transaction in Europe region. I am planning to sue this the owner of the website, do youwant to join me?

A
Feb 27, 2018 3:15 pm

I saw an add on Facebook for B2Sarl and decided to have a look, biggest mistake i ever made. I am normally very careful about signing up to anything on the internet. Initally I registered for a one month trial at a cost of 5euro, no big deal. I noticed their were a lot of fake profiles on the site and complained about it but nothing was done they kept appearing on it. After about a week i lost interest in the site and tried to delete my profile and delete my account but the website is set up in such a way that it won't allow you do it.That was Jan 2018. Today, March 2018 I got an email from them telling me I owe them 130euro for premium membership for 3months and if I don't pay they will be passing my info onto a debt collecting agency. This is the first ever email I received from them. This is a scam that needs to be looked into and people need to be warned about it

Jun 10, 2019 10:50 am
Replying to comment of Angline

Hi Angline,

The situation you described is exactly happening on me.

I am a victim too, I receive so call lawyer letter for their unauthorized claim. The worse is that my credit card was used unauthorized, and fraudulently used for other website in Europe while I am in Asia and never have any transaction in Europe region. I am planning to sue this the owner of the website, do you want to join me?

Jun 10, 2019 10:52 am
Replying to comment of Angline

I guess they are a group of scrammers, including a number of fake accounts therein the websites.

Mar 06, 2017 8:24 am

same scam running in south africa. so-called links to premium cancellation give you circular run-around. this lot is slick conniving insidious scammers of note and are obviously raking in the bucks from all over the world. practical steps are now needed to expose them and prosecute them. in the meantime is there any real way i can stop payment "due to them" [NOT!] deductible from my bank account? anyone with real advice please? this is urgent, since south african currency is way below par of anything else, means it is costing me a veritable fortune to carry on enriching these parasites!

E
Jun 15, 2017 2:58 am

Get your back to recover the money, I did. The bank can do that. I then get two threatening emails and then nothing since. BE2 suspended my account and said they have passed it over to debt collectors. Hilarious. This is recent activity. Dont be scared these crooks need to be exposed.

I
Sep 14, 2018 3:18 pm
Replying to comment of Eric Todd

Hi, would be interested to know what happened. I got suckered for 1 month, they now say they have cancelled my account as gesture of "goodwill" - I kid you not. Have reported them to ECC, and will write to Chamber of Commerce in Luxembourg. Have informed bank, and block their mail via auto-response. Did you get sued? Should we sue them...just a thought. They are worse than the mafia...at least with them you KNOW what you get...

Jun 10, 2019 10:51 am
Replying to comment of Iris Weber

Hi Iris & Eric,

Jul 17, 2019 7:39 am
Replying to comment of Victim A

If you email the team at [email protected] quoting "https://www.complaintsboard.com" they will resolve any issues as quickly as possible. We cannot discuss individual accounts on this platform. Thanks

S
Nov 15, 2016 12:40 pm

Please do not sign up to this website. It's a scam. They take money out of your account and and no service provided. I don't know why the government is not looking into this site to protect consumers. It's the ### of a dating site. Please do not use this site.

Oct 27, 2016 4:23 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Same problem with Be2 in New Zealand. However I talked to the teller in Westpac about the Credit Card fraud, and they got some of my money back. At least Westpac knew about these crooks. I got a hilarious email from them once about debt collectors, courts etc, but nothing happened.

K
Apr 13, 2014 6:46 am

I have never had anything to do with be2 Sarl and have also had $234 taken from my credit card on the 5/4/14. Bunch of grubs. When you start to ask members questions on the Australian site, about themselves suddenly they are "NO LONGER A MEMBER". Yet apparently it is hard as crap for me to cancel my membership. NOT HAPPY!

M

It was A Scam. I was once join be2 Australia and non active for many years and suddenly this year be2 Sarl Lux took $324.00 off my credit card. I never use this site. The site I used was be2 Australia.

Dec 19, 2013 8:41 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They say it's for free...but they lie and then steal money out of your account...PLEASE do not trust these people...IT'S A SCAM. I tried the 1 month trial and they suddenly debited my account for a large amount of money. I never met someone on this site only messages that this guy suite my profile. But nothing happened even if you tried to sent a message to them. This people pretend to get you interested but they are THIEFS. So PLEASE DO NOT use this site at all. They often advertise on Facebook. Avoid them at all cost!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

297 complaints