Barrett MotorcarsBAD BUSINESS

I purchased a used 1998 Cadillac STS from this dealer on 09/26/09
The owner/car salesman Dustin Barrett ask me for a downpayment of $1600. cash and indicated that I could finance the remainder, the total loan is about $5000. I take the car to Wal-Mart for a oil change and to have all fluid levels checked and I was told that there is an oil leak. I attempted to drive the car and the Check engine light comes on, so I find the time to take the car to a Cadillac Dealer to have a dianostic test performed. I payed $85 for this ser. All along I am intouch with Dustin Barrett or one of his sale reps. to let the know what the Cadillac dealer said was wron with the car. The estimate for repair was for $2500. When speaking with Dustin Barrett he indicated that he had been driving the Cadillac and that he was aware of the leak and that his mechanic would take care if it, for much less. I returned the car to Dustin and the kept the car well over a week indicating to me that his mechanic was taking care of the problems. He then became hard to reach, playing phone games. I was determine to return the car because I could never catch up with Dustin or his sales reps. Finally after about 9days I reach him and her said that the car was ready. After driving the car for 3days the same damn problem exist, the check engine light is on again and the car is in need of oil, and I have a couple of yrs to make payments of a loan for a car that had a BIG PROBLEM and the Dustin Barrett lied to me twice. This guy is a rip off artist. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH DUSTIN BARRETT of MOTORCARS in GARLAND TX

• Db
    dbarrett82 Nov 23, 2009

I am Dustin Barrett and my response to this is yes Mr. Mitchell did have an issue with his car and i did take it to a mechanic to fix this problem and paid to have it repaired. Mr. Mitchell has told me that the car is still doing the same thing i told him to bring the car back to me and i would have our own personal mechanic shop we just opened fix it ourselfs Mr. Mitchell still hasnt brought the vehicle back as of yet we told him we would take care of all cost and still nothing even though he signed an AS-IS WAIVER AND in the state of texas when you sign as is the responseabilty is the customers we have no obligation to fix this vehicle but we will if he would ever bring it back instead of wasting his time writing theese stupid blogs he should have brought the car back and we would have taken care of him but we have yet to see him. We do great business here and out of the 400 cars that we have sold in the past 2 years we have had 2 complaints hmmmmm good ratio if you ask me!

• St
    Steve Barrett Feb 17, 2011

Barrett Motor Cars is not affiliated, nor has any realtion to Barrett Motors, Inc. of Rowlett, Garland and Sachse.

• Ho
    howlowcanonebe Jun 18, 2012

Dear Dustin Barrett, sir you are in some serious business for the BMW you lied about. You sold my son a clear titled m3 BMW fot about $21, 000. We get this car to Utah by a transport company there again more money spent to find out that the car has a salvaged title and the car isn't even worth $5000. Nice job you lier... Oh but it isn't over our lawyer seems to think you are indeed a scammer con artist an d a complete pig. Oh I cant wait. We shall see you soon for the legal battle excited. Mr Mitchell I will make sure word of month will be heard. This loser will not answer phones return calls nor will even make this bad deal workable for both parties.