Barnesandnoble.comonline textbook buyback

I recently used barnes and noble's online textbook buyback service to sell about eight used books. I did the online price quote and printed a mailing label from b&n's website. Subsequent correspondence originated from 'mbsbooks.com'; apparently b&n farms out this buyback service. Fine. But, mbs books received my box of books with an alteration - - in the place of a book that I was quoted $9.80 for, they claimed to have received a book that they valued at exactly zero dollars. I sent a notice of the error to the email address provided by mbs books, with no response. I resent the email two days later, still no reply. So, I emailed barnes and noble, who informed me that I must direct my complaint to yet a third company (Textbooks.com). I did this, and was informed that one of two things must have happened: (1) the package was damaged in transit, and when usps repacked it, a book not mine was mistakenly inserted into my package, and my book was put in someone else's mail (I'm imagining an overturned mail truck on the highway, the driver frantically trying to repack books that have become hopelessly comingled... ). Sorry, b&n/mbs/textbooks.com, but when usps damages a package, they put a notice on it; you would have known there was an issue. Anyway, textbooks.com also suggested this could have happened (2) : the book was misidentified when it was checked in by their staff (Really... Why didn't I think of that?). The isbn's of the two books in question are not even close to each other, but whatever - - mixups happen. Textbooks.com's representative told me two things: one, that in the future I should purchase shipping insurance from usps (Even though it is pretty obvious that usps wouldn't have surreptitiously swapped my book for someone else's... And no one suggested that there was damage involved to my package) , and she also said that "as a one-time courtesy" they would pay me for the book I sent them. How paying me for the book I sent them, that they mislaid, is a courtesy - - and why they will only do it once - - is beyond me. Anyway, to sum up: dealing with barnesandnoble.com's online text book buyback is somewhat frustrating, not at all confidence-inspiring, and not, interestingly, doing business with barnes and noble anyway (Since the transaction is actually done by two other companies. Next time, i'll sell my books locally.