Barnes and Noblefraud

D Review updated:

I just discovered an "unauthorized charge" on my credit card from BarnesandNoble.com that just occurred 11-14-08 for $66.22. In calling Barnes and Noble the rep asked me a few questions that would determine "if the order was indeed fraudulent" such as billing address, email address, card number etc. in which NONE OF THIS INFORMATION MATCHED!!! however, the rep could not reveal the items ordered nor the shipping address of these products even though it was my CARD!! get this - the order had even already shipped so it would seem that revealing info would not be a problem because IT WAS MY CARD USED FRAUDULENTLY !!! So i called my bank (bank credit card) and they were appalled because they dont even have on record that Barnes and Noblem called them for AUTHORIZATION which they should have done on all online purchases!!!..So now I have to wait until monday morning to call the Barnes and Noble Sales Audit Dept to correct this. I have since deleted my card info off their website for future purchases and having a new credit card issued but it seemed like Barnes did not really take ahold of this fraud purchases seriously.

• Ca
    Carlos Lopez Dec 01, 2008

I too have a purchase 11-30-08 on my card for $73.15, which i didn't make... What phone number are you using to contact B&N because they are giving me the run around ...

• Ho
    Holly Dec 26, 2008

From what I understand, a type of bug infected retail stores among B&N, T.J. Maxx, and a few others I can't recall. The bug coded the card number and the PIN number that was punched in along with it. Everything came from North Korea, and matters are still being sorted and handled accordingly. My parents fell victim to this, and to my knowledge they simply contacted their cardholder company and they reversed the transaction.

• As
    Ashley Jan 03, 2009

Same thing just happened to me, only I was charged TWICE by Barnes and Noble each time for $74.75. I too called and was given the run around both times. I did a large amount of online shopping before Christmas...but have NEVER shopped at Barnes and Noble online. Will be more careful in the future using my debit card online.

• Cr
    crazyworld Mar 03, 2009

Happened to me in February for roughly the same amount as everyone above. They couldn't release who's name was on the order or other shipment info. They gave me a fax number for local law enforcement to request it directly from them. Unreal.

• Ge
    gel Jun 05, 2009

Same thing happened to me... my credit card was charged $114.49, $115.49, $116.49! I called Barnes & Noble Audit Dept, they wouldn't tell me who made those charges and what items were "purchased". I called my credit card company but they couldn't help me anymore since they have a regulation that they can't dispute "fraudulent charges" if it was more than 60 days old!

• At
    Atlanta Student Aug 10, 2009

Something strange is going on with B & N. I placed an order last week for books for school and then yesterday received an email asking for verification information in order to finalize the order.

The email was from book.com and requested all of the following information via email!!! When I called and spoke with a supervisor named "Lea" she refused to give me any information about and hung up on me!

Either it is a scam or they have an inept security department. I will NOT be doing business with Barnes & Noble online until something changes.

********************************************************************
    Please reply to this e-mail with the following information:

Credit Card (last 4 #'s)____________________
    Security Code # (3 or 4 digits) _________________(see below for code location)

Credit Card Type

MR.PEARSALL Oct 22, 2010

BARNES AND NOBLE IS NOT A SCAM YOU PEOPLE NEED TO GROW UP

• Mr
    MR.PEARSALL Oct 22, 2010

YOU PEOPLE UP HERE TALKING ABOUT BARNES AND NOBLE RIPPING PEOPLE OFF.

• Bi
    Big Daddys Comics Jun 20, 2019

fake emails and there is not information you can find too foward
    To ensure you receive your Barnes & Noble emails, please add [email protected] to your address book.
    View in Browser

Books | NOOK | Textbooks | Teens | Kids | Toys & Games | Home & Gifts | Music

Dear Sharon Stogdill,
    Thank you for your order. Please see below for your Order Summary. We will send you a follow-up email once your items have shipped. If your order contains a pre-order, those items will not be available until their publication date(s).

If your order contains a digital pre-order, that content will not appear on your NOOK or NOOK Reading App until its publication date(s). Otherwise, all digital content on your order is ready for you to enjoy now.

If you ordered a NOOK magazine or newspaper subscription and qualify for a 14 day trial, we won't charge you until the trial ends. Remember, you can always cancel anytime during your free trial period and owe nothing.

Order Summary

Discount: -$0.00
    Total Price: $159.76

• Da
    darlene formanek Jul 16, 2019

I also just got and email about this person making orders for a bunch of movies and using my email that I don't use for purchases I called AMazon and they said they my email is not listed on amazon with an accout.
    Amazon_Opinion_Requested

• Ro
    RobClemt Mar 19, 2020

Same thing here. The header says Walmart but the footer says CVS!

Hello Sharon,
    Thanks for your recent order. The items below are on their way. If you ordered multiple items, they may ship separately. You can track their progress in your account.

After reviewing the details below, visit our Help Center if you have any questions. Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is unmonitored.

-Your Walmart Customer Care Team

1315 Poplar St.
    Atlantic, IA 50022

Track Shipment

It may take 24-48 hours before
    tracking information is updated.

Item Qty Total

1315 Poplar St.
    Atlantic, IA 50022

Track Shipment

It may take 24-48 hours before
    tracking information is updated.

Item Qty Total

You Are Naughty Bag of Coal Adult Halloween / Christmas Accessory
    $11.00 3 $33.00

• Gu
    gunneraction Apr 24, 2020

Sharon Stogdill continues her fraudulent schemes. She charges 38.++ on my credit card, thru WALMART. Items were shipped to her address at 1315 Poplar St. Atlantic IA. Her email address is mumbo jumbo, (paoahyelgibrmbodojykygfesoyowakqe) and she attached this to my legit email address. How she got my c.c. number I don't know. Watch out Sharon, we know who you are and where you live. Jail isn't pretty and neither is the alternative.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices