Menu
Pelican State Credit Union Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Pelican State Credit Union
reviews & complaints

www.pelicanstatecu.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.0 9 Reviews

Pelican State Credit Union Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
9 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Pelican State Credit Union at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Pelican State Credit Union has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Pelican State Credit Union. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Pelican State Credit Union reviews & complaints 9

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Pelican State Credit Union reviews & complaints

K
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Pelican State Credit Union I sent many letters by certified mail to Pelican State Credit Union, asking for validation and how they validated multiple fraudulent and

I sent many letters by certified mail to Pelican State Credit Union, asking for validation and how they validated multiple fraudulent and questionable items on my credit report. It's been over 35 days, and I haven't received any response regarding these clearly inaccurate and fraudulent accounts. This creditor is ignoring the law and taking advantage of me, causing significant stress in my life. My most recent certified letter was sent on 07/30. I included the letter and the FTC complaint I sent to them. I demand that all these items be deleted, and if no action is taken, I will sue them in small claims court in my city, and they will have to represent themselves.

R
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Pelican State Credit Union Pelican State Federal Credit Union, they charged us too much for a car we bought in 2015

Pelican State Federal Credit Union, they charged us too much for a car we bought in 2015. We paid for the vehicle for 6 years, and it was financed for $77000 at $265.00. In the end, we ended up paying $19080. Then, when we finally brought the balance owed down to $1200, they tried to sue us for the car. I paid off the $1200 in May and closed my account with Pelican State. However, when I checked my credit report, it still shows that my husband and I are 30 days late as of today, March 7, 2022. The strange thing is that it shows a $0 balance. I called Pelican, and they told me that we had a checking account that was overdue. I closed all my accounts with Pelican in May , but they are still showing up on my credit report in 2022. It says I am 30 days late. Can someone please help me with this issue?

J
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Pelican State Credit Union My ex-husband messed up big time by not paying off our loans from Pelican State CU

My ex-husband messed up big time by not paying off our loans from Pelican State CU. It's been 6 years since the delinquency and repossession, but the creditor never bothered to let me know about it. Just recently, on 02/20, they decided to report it. Can you believe that? When I asked my ex about it, he made it seem like everything was fine with the accounts. Pelican State never bothered to reach out to me either. I had no clue about the late payments or repossession until way later. In February , I finally decided to dispute the claim. And guess what? After the dispute, the creditor started reporting the missed payments as if they were happening now, even though they had been delinquent since 2014. Before the dispute, it was just marked as "charged off/loss," without mentioning the current missed payments. This whole situation has seriously messed up my credit score. It's been a nightmare.

Hide full review

Is Pelican State Credit Union legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Pelican State Credit Union as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Pelican State Credit Union stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Pelican State Credit Union should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Pelican State Credit Union earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Pelican State Credit Union achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Pelican State Credit Union. The company provides a physical address, 6 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Pelican State Credit Union has claimed the domain name for pelicanstatecu.com for a long time, which suggests that the website is established and has a history of being in operation. This is a positive sign, as it indicates that the website has been around for a while and may have a reputation to maintain.

Pelicanstatecu.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Pelican State Credit Union website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Pelicanstatecu.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

A trust mark has been identified for a pelicanstatecu.com, but it is important to verify the trust mark and its source to ensure that it is legitimate. Ensure that the trust mark is genuine by clicking on it and verifying its authenticity through the issuing organization's website.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Pelican State Credit Union has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 9 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • The website belonging to Pelican State Credit Union has a low number of visitors, which could be a red flag for users. However, it's important to conduct additional research to fully evaluate the website's legitimacy and trustworthiness.
  • The sensitive services provided on this website are hosted on a shared server, which may increase the risk of unauthorized access and data breaches. It is important to ensure that the website has adequate security measures in place to protect user data, such as encryption and secure authentication protocols.
A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Pelican State Credit Union I had a really bad experience with Pelican State Credit Union

I had a really bad experience with Pelican State Credit Union. I had an issue with my account, but I couldn't explain it fully because there weren't enough characters. The whole process of buying with this bank was terrible. I told them I was unhappy with the management's decision to add a fake NSF to my account, and they refused to remove it until I paid off my car loan balance, even though the two things weren't related. Less than 24 hours after expressing my disappointment, they put a 30-day late mark on my credit reports. They also illegally took money from my mom's account and put it towards my car loan balance without telling either of us. This happened even though I already had a payment arrangement set up with direct deposit going into my account. I have attached some photos to show how much I've been in contact with the bank. They also didn't tell me or the DMV that they hadn't received the title for my car, so I had to mail them a copy that was sent directly to me.

R
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Pelican State Credit Union I paid my car note on September 15, and a dispute was made in October

I paid my car note on September 15, and a dispute was made in October . However, I called the bank after the Credit Union called me about the payment being 30 days late. I called the bank and they told me that a dispute was made, so they reversed the charge. They reversed the 248.26 back to Pelican Credit Union, and it was reversed on December 3. The Credit Union received it on December 10. I paid my car note on January 7, and the bank processed it on January 10. However, I called to make a payment on Friday, January 28, and they said I was 108 days past due. They are saying that my payments were being returned, but Chase says the payments are being processed. They gave me a confirmation number and a printout, and I have my confirmation receipts also. I'm not sure what's going on, but they are saying they don't have my payments, and I've been paying them. My payments are not being returned because it hasn't shown anything being reversed except the September payment in December.

E
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Pelican State Credit Union I co-signed for my son to get a car that was to be financed through the Pelican State Credit Union

I co-signed for my son to get a car that was to be financed through the Pelican State Credit Union. My son wouldn't pay the loan, so I forced him, with the help of the Pelican State Credit Union, to voluntarily surrender the loan to me. He did, and I paid the loan faithfully with the payments being taken out of my account. I became disabled on January 19. After paying the loan until October , I had no more money. I called the Credit Union and spoke to the loan officer to inform them of my disability and not being able to pay the loan. They told me that the loan had disability insurance attached to it. About a week later, I was called and told that the insurance didn't cover me, only my son. I asked why they didn't change it when he surrendered the loan, and why I was paying for insurance that didn't cover me. They told me "yes". So, where is that money, and why was I paying for insurance that didn't cover me? They have placed my name at the Credit Bureau, totally destroying my credit for a mistake they made, not me.

L
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Pelican State Credit Union I had a really bad experience with a customer service rep named *** at Pelican State Credit Union

I had a really bad experience with a customer service rep named *** at Pelican State Credit Union. They didn't want to help us and couldn't understand my wife because of a language problem. They just transferred us to voicemail. We had to wait for 20 minutes to finally get through to someone who could help activate my wife's card over the phone. The problem was something to do with our address since we're stationed in Japan and have an FPO box. I spoke with another customer service rep named ***. It's already midnight here in Japan, and all we wanted was to activate the card. But *** seemed to think that I was speaking on behalf of my wife, even though she was right next to me and I was asking her the questions. After I asked for a manager six times, *** still refused to help us or get the manager on the line. They just transferred us to voicemail again when I asked for a different rep who would actually assist us. In the end, I had to call the Pelican Pineville Branch for help. Luckily, *** at the Pineville branch did a great job and understood that my wife had trouble with the language. Also, an online rep named *** helped us out and knew that we could ask for an interpreter. I've had multiple incidents with Pelican, and it's always because I'm a serviceman or veteran overseas. It's caused so many problems. I'm just so tired of dealing with the lousy customer service reps at this Baton Rouge branch.

J
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Pelican State Credit Union I made a request for a one-time courtesy to fix my late payment history

I made a request for a one-time courtesy to fix my late payment history. On 09/25, I called the call center and spoke to someone who said PCU is helping members with CV19 impact and they would call me on Saturday or Monday. I didn't receive any callbacks, and when I called on Monday, someone hung up on me due to background noise. Finally, I spoke to someone and was transferred around until I met *** #321. I asked *** #321 for a one-time courtesy correction for a late payment in June. *** mentioned extension programs and relief for CV19 victims but didn't offer any help to me. I have been a Pelican Member for over 5 years and kept my loan in good standing. I never asked for refunds or fee reversals. I can't qualify for a mortgage because of the one late payment from Pelican Credit Union on my report. This late payment was reported during a national crisis when Louisiana was declared in a state of National Disaster. I took extra steps to ensure no other payment would be late by setting up auto-pay and moving my accounts from the initial bank that wrongly returned my payment. I have two forms of overdraft protection to guarantee a monthly payment. I have actively tried to be a good member of Pelican, but it feels like they are penalizing me for a small mistake. It's wrong when the Credit Union advertises assistance during hard times but doesn't help me. I'm only asking for a single courtesy. As a credit union that values relationships, I'm upset that multiple Pelican employees were unwilling to help me. Getting approved for a mortgage is important to protect my family. I currently live in a high crime area and frequently hear gunshots outside my door. Pelican State Credit Union is making it unnecessarily difficult for me to protect my family. I'm frustrated because *** #321 told me Pelican has programs to help, but they won't help me. Why is that? Why am I being discriminated against if there are ways to help members affected by CV19? I not only suffered from CV19, but also lost friends and family to the pandemic, and now Pelican is unwilling to help me.

M

Pelican State Credit Union I was told not to pay a loan and to only pay others

I was told not to pay a loan and to only pay others. They should check the recordings, it's all there. Our loan process started off rough because the original loan was supposed to be just for my husband, but somehow it ended up with my social and his name. We only noticed this when we had trouble viewing it online. Our family has been hit hard by COVID and the global economic crisis. We initially paid for deferment, but there wasn't as much help as the news kept saying. Then, considering our income situation, we were advised to refinance to buy some time. We did that and paid as much as we could, but we kept falling further behind. When it comes to feeding your family, things happen. We stayed in touch, but we were still being bothered. Whenever we tried to contact ***, we had to play phone tag. On a few recent occasions, she personally told us not to pay our vehicle loan. Instead, she said we should pay another loan and credit card with them. I disagreed, but she insisted that it was necessary and that they understood our hardship. The vehicle loan wasn't a concern, so we asked them to make a note of it on the account. I doubt they did. She advised us not to pay the vehicle loan. I used to work for a big bank, so I don't know all the changes that have happened due to COVID, but it felt very wrong. That's why we asked them to make a note of it. Now we have a buyer who wants to give their business to Pelican. At first, she said they needed to contact another department because she didn't handle loan rates. Then, she suddenly changed her tune and was willing to help the buyer see what they had to offer. This buyer wants to put down $10,000 and has excellent credit. It's good for the bank. The other morning, my husband was discussing this with her again. A few hours later, repo men showed up, but the vehicle wasn't here. When we talked to the repo men, they said they were never informed about a buyer and had to call Ashley, who didn't mention anything to them. Yes, repossessions are happening during the lockdown. No, this bank doesn't seem to have the best interests of its customers in mind. That's what it looks like, step by step. Telling a client not to pay a loan is wrong and goes against the ethics training they should have received. Insisting that they pay intangible loans, loans without collateral, instead is also against what ethics would teach. Doing this when customers are unsure about banking practices during a pandemic and taking advantage of their fear and trust in their financial institutions is just plain wrong. Choosing to manipulate a customer into a costly and difficult situation, only to tie up loose ends of debt that has no collateral, and then slyly making them believe there was some kind of pandemic relief in the payment process with the institution when there isn't, is just manipulation. She manipulated people by insisting they not pay a loan that she fully intended to repossess and not only recover the debt but also make several thousand more than what the vehicle is worth, what we've already paid, and what it will be sold for if repossessed. We're tired. This is the worst kind of kicking people when they're down. Pelican needs to be held accountable. Our next step might be to contact local media outlets because we're tired of this sneaky and calculated harassment behind closed doors. We're keeping records of everything at this point. We're supposed to understand their shortcomings during this crisis, but where is the relief?

Pelican State Credit Union Customer Reviews Overview

Pelican State Credit Union, as reviewed on pelicanstatecu.com, has received overwhelmingly positive feedback from its members. This reputable credit union has established a strong reputation for its exceptional customer service, competitive rates, and a wide range of financial products and services.

One of the standout features of Pelican State Credit Union is its commitment to providing excellent customer service. Members consistently praise the friendly and knowledgeable staff who go above and beyond to assist them with their financial needs. Whether it's opening a new account, applying for a loan, or seeking financial advice, Pelican State Credit Union ensures that their members receive personalized attention and guidance.

Another aspect that sets Pelican State Credit Union apart is its competitive rates. Members appreciate the attractive interest rates offered on savings accounts, certificates of deposit, and loans. This allows them to grow their savings faster and obtain affordable financing options for various purposes, such as purchasing a home or a vehicle.

Pelican State Credit Union also offers a comprehensive range of financial products and services to meet the diverse needs of its members. From checking and savings accounts to credit cards, mortgages, and investment options, this credit union provides a one-stop solution for all their members' financial requirements. Additionally, Pelican State Credit Union offers convenient online and mobile banking services, making it easy for members to manage their accounts and conduct transactions from anywhere at any time.

Overall, Pelican State Credit Union has garnered positive reviews for its exceptional customer service, competitive rates, and comprehensive range of financial products and services. With a strong focus on member satisfaction, this credit union continues to be a trusted and reliable financial institution for individuals and families in the communities it serves.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Pelican State Credit Union contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Pelican State Credit Union?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Pelican State Credit Union Customer Service. Initial Pelican State Credit Union complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Pelican State Credit Union above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Pelican State Credit Union. Discuss the issues you have had with Pelican State Credit Union and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.