Menu

B
Author of the complaint
2:04 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Ordered a 4.5 ft prelit Christmas tree for my 82 yr old mother last year. I was feeling guilty since we had just moved her out of her house and into a 55+ apartment. I wanted to get her a high quality Christmas tree to try and make the new place feel more like home.

Tree worked fine last holiday season, but this year I go to set it up the second weekend in November and guess what, no lights. I called their Customer Service number and spoke to a very nice guy named Jeff who helped diagnose the issue as a faulty receiver box. He helps me troubleshoot the issue and says that he will request a new receiver box be sent out under warranty and it should be received in 3-5 days. 2 days later I receive a canned email stating that the receiver box is out of stock but i will receive an email when it's ready to ship.

I've sent multiple emails to their Customer service department which is basically outsourced to the Philippines and i've received no information other than the fact that the "receiver box" is still out of stock. I guess it's fine to expect my 82 yr old mother to crawl around on the floor and over furniture to plug in an extension cord to have 1/2 of the lights work.

I was a sucker and spend $350 on a 4.5 ft tree. My first purchase from Balsam Hill and definitely my last. I'll buy a clearance tree at Target or Walmart this year and it will probably perform better for a fraction of the cost.

1 comments
P
Nov 29, 2017 12:29 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

"I guess it's fine to expect my 82 yr old mother to crawl around on the floor and over furniture to plug in an extension cord to have 1/2 of the lights work."
I don't know why this is her only option. She could not turn on the lights or you could purchase a remote-controlled extension cord system for her.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

44 complaints