Menu

U
Author of the complaint
5:19 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Let me begin...
1st. Customer service is a joke. There were times I was patiently standing at the protien bar, only 1 there,
and completely ignored! or until the lazy @$$ got tired of sitting there and figured out the only way to get rid of me was to serve me.
2nd. Unprofessional. I missed a payment 1 time. I remember going home and listening to a voicemail from the old lady at the front desk. "this is ballys, if you dont make your payment, you cant come back"...lol
I was laughing histericly.
3rd. my buddy and I started working out and hitting the gym hard. He was a member longer than me.
So, in the past he hardly ever went. His yearly membership fee was $100. Then we started going more, his fee was raised to $134. Now we are still going 4x's a week. His membership fee is now $202...lol
He confronted the GM and he stated, Balleys was bought out by a new company. The new pricing system capitolizes on people who frequently go, not the new comer. So new customer get the better deals, rather than loyal members.
4. Lazy trainers... I never needed a trainer, but when I see those so called trainers, train people its a joke.
The trainers put those poor people on a treadmill and say, "be back in 20 mins"...lol
5. this one is specificly for Springfield, NJ (RT22 east).
Horrible...horrible...horrible... rest rooms.
On the gym floor, there are never any paper towels.

Once my contract is up... I am canceling my CC# and will ask them to remove me from their database.

Helpful? 0 0

Bally Total Fitness - Crazy Wendy A. Tilley
7 comments
F
Dec 30, 2008 5:19 pm

About 7 years ago I signed a contract with Ballys. I had my little girl with me and stopped in the evening to get some info. I sat there with a man as he tried to talk me into signing up. We were there for much longer than I anticipated.

In an effort to leave and go put my daughter to bed I signed the contract thinking I would go home and think about it. A couple days later I decided that I wasn't the gym going type and I really couldn't afford it. I called to let them know that I wanted to cancel my membership.

To my horror the lady on the phone told me that it had been four days and I could no longer cancel. You have 3 days to change your mind and I missed it by a day. I let her know that I wasn't going to go and I couldn't really afford the 39.95 a month membership. I was so upset.

To this day I have on my credit report that I owe Bally's $3000.00. I can not afford this nor do I think I should pay. I never once went back into a Bally's. I feel they are ripping me off and trying to take advantage of a single Mom. The person pressured me into signing me up with no regard to my money situation or anything.

I want to fight this and hope that someone out there can tell me what I can do to get them off my back!

S
Nov 19, 2013 5:19 pm

Reluctantly signed up for 3 month personal training. Cancelled immediately after 3 days. Will not let me cancel and sending me bills for $480. Which i 100% do not owe. they are also Overcharging by $10 every month. I Received a phone call from a corporate "manager" named Manuel who literally YELLED at me and told me it was my problem for signing up no matter how hard they pressured me that no one "held a gun to my head" that my doctors note was "rejected" because I don't have a permanent injury... And that I have to pay them $360 no matter what. He doesn't care. Oh and he said all of my personal trainig sessions are expired to boot! So he wants me to pay for Absolutely nothing? Pay to be miss treated ran through the ringer and harassed! AND THEN I received a bill in the mail for $460?!? please keep in mind i have paid my annual fee and montly fees all along... they have overharged me for my mothly fee an NOW they are overcharging me for this peronal training disput! this company is a SCAM and they are trying to rob me! Over and over again! How can they get away with treating their customers like this?! Oh they offere for me to cancel my membership but they won't refund my annual fee. I have only been a member for 3 months... I just want to use the stupid elliptical. I'm at my wits end and do not know what to do. I don't want this company to ruin my credit. Does anyone have any advice on how to help me?

D
Dec 05, 2008 5:19 pm

SINCE I BECAME A MEMBER THE FACILIALTY THAT I GO TO HAVE DISPOSED OF SOME OF THE FACILTIES THEY HAD AND CUT DOWN ON THERE HOURS THAT THEY ARE OPEN. I WANTED TO DOWN GRADE THE MEMBERSHIP THAT I HAVE BECAUSE SOME OF THE OPTIONS IN THE PLAN I DONT EVEN USE. I'M TRYING TO KEEP THE MEMBERSHIP FOR HEALTH REASONS. I FEEL THAT MY MONTHLY PAYMENTS ARE TO HIGH. MOST OF THE EMPLOYEES THERE I FEEL ARE NOT VERY WELCOMING WITH DEALING WITH CUSTOMERS.

M
Feb 25, 2009 5:19 pm

I have been a member of Ballys since 2017. I let my membership go due to several issues I have had with them. About a year ago, I went to Ballys with a friend to get her signed up as a member. Because she did not have a debit card at the time, the Ballys employee suggested I use my debit card just for one transaction so that he could get her started as a member. My friend paid me the $30 so I agreed to use my debit card for the single transaction. Next, the Ballys employee said I had to sign a document for the debit transaction to go through. Being dumb, I signed it without reading what I was signing.
A few months go by, and I get calls from Ballys Corporate saying that I owed them money ($63 to be precise) and I had no idea what was going on because I've always paid my membership dues in full for the year. I found out that the Ballys employee actually had my sign a "Buyers" contract. It seems I am now responsible for my irresponsible friend who has no bank card. I was furious and went back to the Ballys employee who assured me there was some kind of mistake. He even got on the phone or at least acted like he did and told me not to worry that I wasn't the buyer, only a member sponsor. Whatever that means. Once again I think everythings straightened out. Another month goes by and I get another call from Corporate saying I owed money again. I am so fed up by now so I file formal complaints against this employee.
It has been almost a year and I am still dealing with this. Corporate will not let me off the contract but they agreed to let me become the member so my credit doesnt get messed up. I pay all the fees and fines and get the transfer papers in the mail and send them off. Two weeks later I want to go to the gym but was told I do not have a membership. These idiots basically let me pay $200 to bring my idiot friends account up to date. I swear to god I am so totally threw with Ballys. Everytime you call corporate, it is at least a 30 minute wait on hold and then every employee tells you something different. People need to find a new gym to go to as Ballys is completely unprofessional and hasn't a clue how to train employees. BTW the original employee who has continually lied to me still has his job.

Thanks for letting me vent.

C
Apr 09, 2010 5:19 pm

Pay them the money you owe them and uphold your end of the contract you signed. Be an adult. You know what's worse than being physically weak? Being mentally weak. Learn from this and move on.

A
Dec 15, 2009 5:19 pm

wow. You should go to directcomplaint.com and file a fitness center complaint. I did this for a gym I WAS a member to and I asked for money back in the remedy section and it worked! Its not right, you are the consumer the power is in your hands, use it!
good luck!

J
Apr 02, 2009 5:19 pm

I have had problems with them as well. I won a two month pass and started to use it (Madera CA). After a few weeks a rep. (Marie morning person that is always late to open) stopped me and asked if I had a pass. I showed her my pass she did something into her computor and returned my pass. the next day she stopped me again and asked for my pass (there is only a few AM peolpe working out and she had seen me a lot of times) I pulled it out and she goes on line and said it expired... I said bull.. look at the day I started and what day are we in? I said bull. She made a copy of it and asked if I was planning on joining so I told her NO NOT NOW THAT YOU HAVE BEEN HARASSING ME...

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

75 complaints