Bab Al Madeena Rent A CarCar rentals

S Jun 27, 2020

Please avoid renting car from this company. They are atrocious and unreasonable. This company announced in may 2020 on fb a promotional scheme under which I booked a car and got one, however from bab al madeena cars rentals. The car was in such a worst condition that it was not even honking; the plastic cover over the gear was broken; a/c was not functioning; it was not even cleaned properly. I reported these problems to them. A new car was given to me after 24 hours. Since they did not work on fridays, I took the car on a wednesday 5 pm so that I could return it the following saturday at 5 pm (3 days rental). I got the car delivered at my home for which I paid separately; but I personally went to their office and returned the car on saturday before 5 pm at al moosa office. Every one was working and they received the car back. They took as many as 36 days to return the deposit after deducting aed 210 from my deposit of aed 750. Shocking. I was told that if I returned the car after 2 pm on saturday I will have to pay aed 210 as penalty as per their general terms and conditions. Their website shows that they work for 24 hours. I took up with ms. Claire and mr ahmed. Ms. Claire replied in one or two sentences but quoted "company policy" and that 24-hours is for their call centre. Mr ahmed had the audacity to say that it was a contract and that I was not his neighbour, family or friend for him to oblige; as per contract, they will deduct and that they do not care about online reviews or customer feedback. I asked him to take a day's rent and remit the balance to me but he refused. I would urge all those renting a car from this company to be careful. There are lots of conditions on the back of the form that enable them to fleece and cheat the customers. By applying their standard conditions to the promotional scheme they have cheated me as aforesaid and made me pay more under a remote condition. There is no mechanism either to redress your grievances. Be careful and avoid them. Their sense of customer service is pathetic and hopeless. Don't lose your hard earned money especially in these times of covid-19. They are unreasonably making deductions from your deposit quoting their company policy and that is how their staff have been tutored to speak to customers. They are punishing their customers. Nothing more to add.