Having problems with Axis Bank?

1800 419 5959 (Account Balance)
1860 419 5555 (Customer Service)
1855 205 5577 (United States)
1855 436 0726 (Canada)
1800 153 861 (Australia)
+91 222 425 2525 (Head Office)
+91 224 325 2525 (Head Office)
+44 808 178 5040 (United Kingdom)
+973 80 011 300 (Bahrain)
+65 800 120 6355 (Singapore)
+966 800 120 6355 (Saudi Arabia)
Axis House, C-2, Wadia International Centre, Pandurang Budhkar Marg, Worli
Mumbai
India - 400025

Complaints & Reviews

sub: complain for debit rs. 5000/- from my nri account: reg.

Dear Sir,
Myself Anand Prasad Yadav, Joint account holder Ritesh Kumar Yadav S/o- Shri Sukdeo Rai, At- Qtr. No: 63 workers flat, Baridih, Jamshedpur (JH). I am a permanent account holder in your bank since more than one year. My account No: [protected] and I open my account in below mentioned branch address:
Bank Name: Axis Bank, Branch Off. Voltas Building, Bistupur, Jamshedpur (JH).
Sir, I would like to inform you that on dated 26.08.2011 Rupees 5000/- debited from my account that is showing in my bank statement, cash debited from ICICI (ATM) sec – 4 Bokaro.
In addition, it is confirm that I am not use my ATM card on the above said date, so I humbly request you to please look into the matter as soon as possible.
Note:- Till i have not received any action from axis bank bokaro. Please look into the above matter.

Thanking you,
With regards,

Anand Prasad Yadav.
Hotel Malati Mahal,
B-9 Sec-4, B.S. City
Bokaro ( JH)
Mob: [protected]
Email I.D [protected]@rediffmail.com

sub: complain for debit rs. 5000/- from my nri account: reg.

• Ic
    ICICI Bank Customer Care Sep 22, 2011

Hi,

We are from ICICI Bank and are sorry to hear about your experience. Please approach your respective bank regarding the discrepancy. We will extend our full co-operation and assistance.

ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

• In
    Instantaction Mar 13, 2013

I had an NRI account at Axis bank Chennai branch. There was a fraudulent transaction in my account. I had to follow up the bank more than a month to get things sorted out. It was the mistake of the Cashier. The bank agreed and only recovered the money after I threatened that I will take legal action...I visited India (from USA) and this was one of my priorities of the trip...I got the money in my account in 20 minutes after I visited the bank personally... (Too much of stress to handle without knowing what is going on with your account). ( I did have the record of all the calls I made to the manager in this regards- about 4 hours of talk time). The worst part is they have "MISSION NRI" motto... Unfortunately, they don't have a 24x7 customer care for NRI banking. They expect you to call them during their Indian banking hours... WORST BANKING EVER...I can give more details on contact at instantsk at gmail dot com.

unauthorised deduction of money from debit card

Dear sir, I am attaching the details of my emails to axis bank the bank do not responding to me or trying to deviate the whole matter since 02/09/2011, please help. thanks. fri, sep 2, 2011 at 7:10 pm, swapan kumar bhattacharya <[protected]@gmail.com> wrote:
my axis bank saving a/c no. is [protected], customer id is [protected], debit card no. is [protected], waiting for your prompt response, — thanks

On fri, sep 2, 2011 at 6:34 pm, cmt co wrote:

Dear sir/madam,

We thank you for your email, however, in order to redress your grievance appropriately, kindly revert to us with complete account number and the branch where you maintain your account, so that we can assist you accordingly.

With warm regards
Axis bank ltd. (central office)
Complaint management team

— forwarded by nodal officer/rbo/002/axisbank on 09/02/2011 10:52am —

To: "debit card" , "nodal officer"
from: shishir mankad/svp/f&a/002/axisbank
Date: 09/01/2011 08:06pm
Subject: fw: fwd: refund of money for not performing any transaction

from: swapan kumar bhattacharya [[protected]@gmail.com]
sent: 09/01/2011 07:15 pm ze5b
to: shishir mankad
subject: fwd: refund of money for not performing any transaction

I have contacted at the axis bank branch korba but they are unable to handle the matter as all the transactions were initiated through atm card abroad and I had neither visited abroad nor I have any passport kindly do the needful at the earliest so that I can get back all the refunds moreover I had blocked my atm card

— forwarded message —
From: swapan kumar bhattacharya < [protected]@gmail.com >
date: wed, aug 31, 2011 at 10:30 pm
Subject: re:
To: ruchita. [protected]@axisbank.com

Dear madam, kind attention — the following transactions has not been initiated by me, still deducted from my axis bank saving account which is strange, kindly en quire and take necessary action at the earliest — thanks 30-05-2011
pur/gon* cstechaid.com/[protected]/290

On tue, aug 30, 2011 at 7:10 pm, < ruchita. [protected]@axisbank.com > wrote:
Plz find ur statement.

Thanks & regards,
Ruchita mehra,
Assistant manager - branch operation.
Korba branch, p h road, chattisgarh.
mob: [protected], l/l: [protected]/43/44
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

charges

26/3/11 ko mere edc curr. a/c. me bank ne 1103 rs. charges annual maintanance ke naam se debit kar diye. 5/4/11 ko mene branch man. se comp. ki to unhone cust. care me comp. karne ko kaha. 20/4/11 ko mene cust. care me com. ki jiska nom. 4947945 hai. unhone 7 din me riv. karne ke liye kaha. or edc branch incharge mr. punit se bat karne ko kaha. mene unse com. ki to unhone kaha ki riv. ke liye aaproval bhejt he agar hoga to thik nhi to lagenge. mene 28/4/11 ko phir cust.care par com. ki iska nom. 4973396 hai. call cen. walo ne kaha ki hamare pass br. se bat karne ka power nhi hai. wo apse contect karenge. aaj tak mujhse contect nhi kiya gaya. me jab bhi bat karta hu 15-20 din ka samay diya jata hai. had to ab ho gayi hai ki edc head madam manindar ne mujhse kaha ki abhi to 20 augst tak ham riverse kar denge, uske bad phir chaerge lagenge to ham riv. nhi karenge. mene pucha kyon, to unka kahna hai ki aap a/c. close karwa lijiye. mene a/c. closeing ki app. bhi di hai. par mera paisa ritern hoga ya nhi? plz reply

unsatisfactory answar of customer care executive mr. ankur

Dear sir,
With reference of my customer id [protected] in axis bank gk-ii, branch, new delhi. I have shot 3 mails to customer care department against my account has been debited on 07.02.11 for rs. 1, 000/- the detail are given below.
Account number : [protected]
Transaction date : 07/02/2011
Transaction amount : inr 1, 000.00
Transaction type : dr
Transaction description : cash-atm/grd floor, plt 45, /rkolkatta/060.
I have talk with mr. Ankur he has been told to me that this transation is fake, and he dose not written my complain and he told to me if you can louge the complain against me but I will not be take the above subject matter

Please solve my problem

Mukesh nigam
[protected]

double deduction of emi

16-april-2011
This is to bring it your notice that for my home loan from axis bank, 2 emis got deducted in the month of march 2011 (From my citibank account no - [protected]; branch - bangalore.
Cheque numbers - 439352 and 448054; dtd - 1/mar/2011 and 8/mar/2011 respectively.
And again one emi deducted in april 2011 (Cheque number - 439357).
Note. This is yours /bank mistake so sencerly depoist my amount back in my account urgently else I will have to look for another bank for my loan.
Please note - that I have already contacted the bank's customer care and mail ids quite a number of times but not getting any response.
Also attached a snapshot of my citibank statement (For feb, march and april 2011).
Gaurav gupta
Bangalore
Mobile no [protected]

double deduction of emi

• Ga
    gauravgg79 May 09, 2011

In response to my above complaint, I got a call from AXIS bank saying that they cannot refund my amount but can adjust in the principal amount.
    But i have not got any written confirmation for the same.
    Could you please help confirm that this got adjusted in the principal amount and what is my total revised amount to be paid now ??

Thank you.
    Gaurav Gupta
    Bangalore
    Mobile: 9880426680

poor customer service

Hello

I am Soumya who is also suffering from pathetic service from Axis Bank. I cheque bounced this month unfortunately because of delayed funds. I was the first one to inform bank about this and asked them for an online transfer of the same money as I do not reside in that city anymore. They were so stubborn about not providing any online facility and did not have the minimum courtesy to help me suggest a method. I finally told them that they can collect money from my friend, gave them the number and timings for calling. Even after a week, no one from the office calls her for collecting EMI. When yesterday, I write to them about this and to know if everything would be deducted from my account together in the next month's EMI, they ridiculously ask me to pay either by cash or cheque in a near by branch. Don't these guys understand what kind of is their customer is looking for? They irritate the hell out of you when you don't answer their calls when something like this happens, but they do not behave responsibly when the customer herself is recognizing the mistake and providing different options using which she would want to pay. They send the email so curtly that I would never want to bank with them ever. I hope customer service in India changes.

Soumya

misbehaviour by branch manager

Respected Sir,
My name is Asif Rais i am from Faizabad.Sir today i have gone to Axis Bank Faizabad Branch for opening a No-Frill and a Prime Savings Accounts of my friend.Sir, The Staff person Mr.Ravi Srivastava told me that (Jis Account mein profit nahi hai bank ka us account ko kholne se kya faida Customer ko bhaga do...Than the agent who is opening my account come to me and said that You can't avail No frill Facility and there is no such No frill account which our bank provides.Than i become angry and said that agent that this is the way of Taking of Mr.Ravi Verma that he is saying Ghusooo to Customer than i come out from the bank that behind me the agent is coming and told me that you can talk to Branch Manager.
Than again i have gone to branch for meeting branch Manager and when i enters in Branch Manager Cabins than the Branch Manager Started Shouting on me and said me few things very angrily...

1- If you are a student than we can't open No frill account for student.
2- Show me your Income proofs.

I said him that give me in Written that you will not open my account and also write that there is no No Frill or Aasaan Account provided by your Bank.
He refuges to write on paper and said i will not write or give in written.

Than lastly i ask him will you not open a No frill account in your Branch.His Last Answer is NO.

Than i came out and come back home.

Sir,
These type of Branch Manager you have putted in a very Reputated Bank.They treated me that i am a dog.Sir, Please take a strict action againsts these Culprits.
If the AXIS Bank is not provideing a No Frill account than i think you have to hide the No frill account option on your site.

Please take strict action and reply me as soon as possible...

Regards

Asif Rais
+91 [protected]

illegal charges on dd for ignou

Dear Sir,
As per Axis Bank tie up with IGNOU, Axis bank will not charge for DD (IGNOU, New Delhi) for Management studies. But Axis Bank Ltd, Delhi Road, Rohtak has charged as Rs 56 per DD for IGNOU, New Delhi.
Today on 12 Sep-10, Bank has been issued two checks in favouring New Delhi, IGNOU and charged as Rs. 56 per DD.

Please do the help. and make me help to refund my amount Rs56X2= Rs.112/=

For more details please check the IGNOU wabsite_www.ignou.ac.in

SACHIN KUMAR
BHARTI INFRATEL LTD.
2nd Floor, Narayana Complex,
Civil Road, Rohtak
Haryana-124001
MOB-[protected]

non-credit of aud 700$ to the beneficiary's account

This is Jatinder Singh Bhullar. I'm joint account holder of Axis Bank Faridkot branch ( a/c no.[protected]). I had transferred AUD 700$ from my account to Commonwealth Bank Sydney (account no. [protected] BSB No. 062692 on 13th, July2010. It is a matter of great regret and surprise that till date amount has not been credited to the beneficiary's account. The Commonwealth bank is helpless stating that they dont have received any funds, whereas Axis Bank is stating that bank has acknowledged the receipt of funds you must approach to the bank. Due to negligence of bank, I'm bearing the pain for no cause of mine. So, please look into the matter and arrange to credit the money in beneficiary account at the earliest.
I would like to complaint in this regard.

Thanking you,

J.S.Bhullar

denial of housing loan

We had applied for a home loan from axis Bank, Siliguri, West - Bengal.
Without any proper search they denied the loan on the grounds that according to my husband's Civil Profile we have an outstanding loan with Bajaj Finance. The mistake according to the statement of accounts from the bank through which the PDC's were issued, shows very clearly that the mistake was made on the side of the Bajaj auto Finance. Is this how they describe Personal Banking. I completely disagree with their moto. They should make it MORE PROBLEMS FOR YOUR SOLUTIONS.
I am totally dissatisfied with their policies.

failure to provide or delay in providing a banking facility

To,
the manager,
axis bank ltd. sco-343-344
sector - 35-b, chandigarh.

reference no: - mks-spl-01.
dated: - 06-05-2010

Subject: - representation cum notice for redressal of grievance regarding failure to provide or delay in providing a banking facility under the banking ombudsman scheme, 2006 introduced under section 35 a of the banking regulation act, 1949 by rbi with effect from 1995.
Sir,

With due respect it is submitted that I have an salary account no. [protected] in axis bank ltd. sector -35-b branch office. since march 2010 I have following grievances regarding failure to provide or delay in providing a banking facility (other than loans and advances) promised in writing by a bank or its direct selling agents: -
1. I had opened a rd account number [protected] at axis bank sector-8 branch on 04.03.2009 of amount rs. 5000 p/m for the period of one year payable through ecs facility. at the time of account opening your direct selling agent had promised me that the deposited amount with interest will be credited in my salary account after the completion of one year i. e. after feb-2010. the deposited amount was not credited till 15th april 2010 in my salary account. while approaching to axis bank sector-8 the dealing hand guided to go to my main branch i. e. sector-35. b. I went to sector-35b branch the dealing hand noted my detail and promised me that amount will be credited within 2 hours. after passing of three days I again went to the sec-35b branch and the dealing hand directed me to go to sector-8 branch. I went sector - 8 branch along with a person known of dealing hand and I have astonished that this time the dealing hand at sector-8 asked me to give a representation and promised me to credit my rd amount within one day and the amount has been credited same day.
2. I have applied to avail I - connect (free services) and mobile banking (charge rs.150/- per year) facility of axis bank during third week of april. the dealing hand/ selling agent have promised that both the facility will be available within three days.in this regard it is intimated that the mobile banking facility started within three days and it is regretted to say that I – connect facility is not started till date. the dealing hands are not replying properly and each time the dealing hands are asked me to come after two days after sending me to one or two another counters. as explained to the dealing hand that I have to collect my id and password of i-connect facility personally due to my nature of job/ family circumstances. the dealing hands are again and again asked me to come after two days.
In view of above, it is requested that the following information may be supplied to me at the earliest please: -
1. font, font size, and style of english letters written in the terms and condition of the rd application, mobile facility form and I – connect facility form submitted by me.
2. rule regarding percentage of interest to be provided by bank on the amount credited in the rd account after completion of rd period.
3. qualification selection criteria norms and duties of selling agents appointed by axis bank.
4. are the facilities available at the single window system of axis bank sector 35-b is as per banking regulation act, 1949 with its amendments till date?
5. status of my application to avail facility of I – connect.
It is requested that please supply a proper reply of the above grievance at the earliest so that I can save loss of my time, expenses, harassment and mental anguish.

With regards!

(manoj kumar shrivastava)
Assistant executive engineer
Electricity ‘op’ subdivision -4
Sector-15 c, ut, chandigarh
Cc:-
1. shri lalit srivastava, banking ombudsman cell, c/o reserve bank of india, 4th floor, sector-17, central vista, chandigarh-160017 for information please.
2. superintending engineer, electricity ‘op’ circle, 5th floor, deluxe building, sector -9, ut, chandigarh. it is requested that kindly make provision to get my salary deposited in any of government bank as I am not willing to keep my salary account in any of private bank

printer not working and racism

have been going to the priority banking branch at Banjara Hills, Hyderabad since the last 4 days for an original statement. They have been telling me that the printer is not working and asking me to come the next day.

Also I think I am being profiled. They are asking me first which branch I have an account. I tell them that I have an account in the main branch at begumpet and not in the branch I am going to and after that they tell me that the printer is not working.

Why do they need to know where my account is before telling me that the printer is not working? I am assuming that if I would have had an account in the banjara hills branch, they would have given me the print out. This is outright racism.

sanjay m prabhu Jul 13, 2010

Lot of frauds are happening at Axis Bank. Auditors are themselves involved in the Frauds. They want to loot the customer and make money. Please click on the below link if you want to see Axis Bank Ex Staff comments and stop banking with Axis

Our SBI is great... bankers to the nation.

double amount deducted of emi on the same day and day same month that is i. e 03/04/2010

To
mr. sh. v ranganathan
Senior vice president (compliance

This is to bring it you notice that from my a/c00361897, branch tarkana hyderabad.

Double amount deducted of emi on the same day and day same month that is i. e 03/04/2010
Note. this is yours /bank mistake so sencerly depoist my amount in my account urgently if you dont do so I will file a case in court of law

Tahank you

mohd.abdul.samad Apr 04, 2010

TO
    MR.Sh. V Ranganathan
    Senior Vice President (Compliance

THIS IS TO BRING IT YOU NOTICE THAT FROM MY A/C00361897, BRANCH TARKANA HYDERABAD.

DOUBLE AMOUNT DEDUCTED OF EMI ON THE SAME DAY AND DAY SAME MONTH THAT IS I.E 03/04/2010
    NOTE .THIS IS YOURS /BANK MISTAKE SO SENCERLY DEPOIST MY AMOUNT IN MY ACCOUNT URGENTLY IF YOU DONT DO SO I WILL FILE A CASE IN COURT OF LAW

TAHANK YOU
    RAFEEQ AHMED
    ASST.MANAGER FOOD AND BEVERAGE
    NOVOTEL HYDERABAD...
    MOBILE NO 9849781216

double dection of amount wrongly

To

mobile no [protected]

creditcard

Transactions not authourised
Credit card number: [protected]
Address: 208, jana jeeva silver palm, haralur road, off sarjapur road, ambalipura,
Bangalore, karnataka, india pin - 560034
Phone:+91-080-[protected]
Mobile:+91 - [protected]

Date transaction details transaction reference amount

07/10/09 uol* juno [protected] us [protected] 723. 66

07/03/10 uol* juno [protected] us others 707. 06

• Sr
    srinivas pulluri Jun 01, 2010

i have a problem in my Bank Account,
    my Account is salary account, i have evry month transctions
    when i try deposite the amount its not accepting but withdrawal is working from ATM.

what is solution ?

12-01-10 — uol* juno online — 469.88 ruppess
7-02-10 — uol* juno online — 721.58 ruppess
12-02-10 — uol* juno online — 478.80 ruppess
07-03-10 — uol* juno online — 707.66 ruppess

My name is jonnavitula saroja
my credit card number is [protected] axisbank
Http://www.axisbank.com
My address
208, jana, jeeva silver palm, haralur road, off sarjapur road, ambalipura, bangalore, karnataka, india — pin — 560034
Phone — +[protected]
Mobile — +91-[protected]

axis bank issued rs 1000 fake note.

Dear Forum,

On 13th Jan 2010, I withdrew some money from Axis Bank Dr A S Rao Nagar, Hyderabad, branch via a check. I was given 32 nos, Rs 1000 denomination notes and remaining in 500.

I deposited this money in an another bank against my loan. There they identified 1 Rs 1000 note as fake. When i took this note back to Axis Bank they just denied as being issued by them.

The cashier and the manager both just kept saying that every note they receive they scan if for fake, hence no way a fake note would be issued by them. The cashier also mentioned that earlier whenever he accepted fake notes by mistake, hed had to pay the bank from his pocket, and he paid 12000 as such. I ask the cashier, is it the reason that you have a problem from bank and now you are passing down the problem on to customer.

I told them again that i appreciate for all the processes you are following, and i said this note that i hold in my hand is from the same money that i received from the bank just 30mins back. It was like i am trying to prove i am not lying.

On this they became reluctant and said that is not their note, and ask me to do what ever i want to do.

The most surprising part was, leaving alone customer service respect, they said it is not our responsibility, you can go where ever you want to or go to RBI whereever...

I want to know :

1. Is this how Axis treats every customer.
2. Is a customer or the cashier responsible for fake notes.
3. For such reasons would'nt the customer try to distribute the fake note/s further, saving his/her loss.
4. Is customer or the bank criminal.
5. Does a customer or the cashier needs to undergo such emotional trauma.
6. Shouldnt the process be to collect all such notes however they happen to come, and try to stop further distribution.

Please help me on the above and what the next steps should be.

Tilak.

axis bank bad customer care/service

I recieved the following messsage from "lm-axisbank" at 01:38 pm on 11/12/2009
"your axis bank credit card 7492 is blocked for internet transactions due to incorrect password. to unblock your credit card, pls contact us at [protected]/022-[protected]."

This message clearly tells that the card was tried to be used online, with a wrong password and it has been blocked.

I called the given number [protected] for some clarification, and the reply was very rude and unsatisfying.
I had called today morning (11/12/2009 around 9:15 am) and she gave me some irrelevant information about it and the call got disconnected.
I called back and asked her to listen to me first and then reply, read out the entire message I received, yet she said that the card was blocked and cant be used. this is a very unsatisfying information, as I wanted when the card was actually used, and as much information, so that I can help track if any one is trying to misuse the card. probably he/she doesn't know that the card is already blocked when the last transaction was made and I confirmed to the axis bank calling agent that I did not do the transaction.

A few extra details: I had a axis bank gold corporate card. which got two fraud transaction, I reported first, got a call for second, got card blocked on nov 11. the bank is not willing to help me more about the second fraud as they say it happened online in a secure way. now they are not giving me any extra details about the recent event (please see the quoted message).

I had asked them not block the existing card as well so that no one cane do any further fraud on it, but the agent is not doing it.

No one knows my password, and I change it from time to time & have never shared any information with others by spam mail or anything else.

atm did not dispense money

I am an ICICI bank customer, I tried to withdraw money from Axis bank ATM, ATM machine did not dispense the money but the amount was debited from my account. When I called customer care of ICICI bank they said it would take 12 working days initially but now they are saying due to some mistakes from their backend team it takes another 12 days as they have closed my earlier request without even letting me know.

Please do the needful.

• Ic
    ICICI Bank Customer Care Oct 28, 2009

Dear Abdul,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. Please write to us with your contact details and account number at [email protected] We'll contact you and work to address your issue.

Regards,
    ICICI Customer Service Team.

re: 'axisibrm=[protected]' ssd cn 499-09 (p) : my credit card application

Sir,
I received a call today from your credit card department Delhi (011-[protected])in response to complain regarding my credit card application First i did not received any verification call from Bank/Dsa/Dst/Ccd since the time i applied for card, and now your executive told that your application has been rejected because you are working with construction/ real estate company.

IF A PERSON IS WORKING IN A REAL ESTATE / CONSTRUCTION COMPANY THEN HE WILL BE A DEFAULTER AND IF HE IS ASSOCIATED WITH SOME OTHER CATEGORY COMPANY THEN HE WILL BE A VALUABLE CUSTOMER? IS THERE ANY LOGIC INTO THIS?

SO YOU THINK OTHER BANKS WHO HAVE GIVEN ME PLATINUM CARDS WITH LIMIT IN LACS ARE NOT FOLLOWING THEIR BANKS GUIDELINES

GO THROUGH MY CREDIT REPORT & SEE IS THERE ANY DEFAULT IN THE PAST EVEN IF WHEN THERE WAS RECESSION.

Actually this is not your fault now a days most of the multinational & private banks only concentrate on their targets or goals rather than customers, it is really very bad to see such types of attitude..

I am customer of your bank since 5 years & was in a impression that axis bank is very customer friendly but after this hallowing experience i will think thrice before recommending any one to you.

Thanking You

Kapil Sharma

MOBILE -[protected], [protected]

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices