Menu
A&W Restaurants Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

A&W Restaurants
reviews & complaints

awrestaurants.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.2 197 Reviews

A&W Restaurants Complaints Summary

9 Resolved
186 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from A&W Restaurants with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for A&W Restaurants has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of A&W Restaurants. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

J
2:52 pm EST

A&W Restaurants I paid for cheese but wasn't given it

Feb 18, 2014 in Rideau Centre, Ottawa, 2:49pm

I ordered three double Buddy burgers wrapped in lettuce and paid an extra dollar for each one for a slice of cheddar cheese. But as I was eating them, I realize none of them had cheese on them. I filmed a video of them to show you. Can I have a coupon for a free burger or something to make up for it? I don't wanna bother this staff here. It's a busy mall.

Claimed loss: $3 plus tax, so $3.39

Desired outcome: Refund or free food

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified A&W Restaurants representatives only. If you are affiliated with A&W Restaurants, please claim your business to access these details.

1:41 am EST

A&W Restaurants Refused service because only had aw gift cards

It was feb 14th in Ottawa 10 pm I have been homeless 2 years living here and there struggling I found a 24 hr aw restaurant on Queen Street wanted to treat my fiance to dinner since I had saved an aw gift card when we finally got there at quarter after we were told we couldn't order with gift card only debit or credit I was and still an really upset we have to basically wait until morning to get something to eat

Claimed loss: Just bitter to b treated that way

Desired outcome: Would like some type of compensation that I could make it up to my fiancee maybee couple frosted mugs to take home next time we go to restaurant my e mail is [protected]@gmail.com or phone number [protected]

Update by Marc Poirier
Feb 15, 2024 10:02 pm EST

Still haven't gotten response yet. I've been loyal customer since the franchise opened always loved their root beer expected at least apology and explanation

F
11:39 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

A&W Restaurants no discount with coupon

I ordered 2 bacon and egger combos had a coupon for $10.99 + tax . was told no hash browns sub.fries .not my fault your suppliers cannot supply hash browns. I was billed a total of $22.38.even though I supplied valid coupon.

I have been a customer for over 60 years and you may have just lost a long time customer due to incompetence.

this happened at appx 9.30 am on sunday the 21 jan.2024.

thank you for reading.

Hide full review

Is A&W Restaurants legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals A&W Restaurants as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 4% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, A&W Restaurants stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering A&W Restaurants should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

A&W Restaurants earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: A&W Restaurants achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for A&W Restaurants. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 2 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Awrestaurants.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows A&W Restaurants website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Awrestaurants.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Awrestaurants.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with A&W Restaurants, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Several mixed reviews for A&W Restaurants have been found on various review sites. While some customers have had positive experiences with the company, others have reported issues with their products or customer service. It's important to read and consider a variety of reviews before making a decision to purchase from this website.

A&W Restaurants website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While A&W Restaurants has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 4% of 195 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Website's registrar is popular among scammers, it means that a significant number of scammers have used that registrar to register domain names for their fraudulent websites. This can indicate that the registrar has lax verification processes, making it easier for scammers to register domains without providing accurate information.
  • A&W Restaurants protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • This website appears to offer a link shortening service. Scammers may also use shortened links to make malicious or fraudulent websites appear more legitimate or to hide the true destination of a link. Therefore, it's important to exercise caution when clicking on shortened links, particularly if they come from an untrusted or unfamiliar source.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to A&W Restaurants. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
P
5:11 pm EST

A&W Restaurants Nasty Burger

I got a mozzarella burger with mushroom as well as my husband, but his was a double. My was nasty but his was fine. Would never eat there again. Why did my burger taste so different. Also hard to communicate with person at drive through. It was Dec 29 at 2.30PM approximately. Location was 50 street in Millwoods at Millwoods Town Centre. Ave is around 25 Avenue.

D
6:55 pm EST
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

A&W Restaurants Our local A&W is giving the company a very bad name.

This A&W at 6640 N. Viewpoint Dr in Prescott Valley AZ has been open just over a year. I read all of the reviews dating from when it opened all the way up to today, 12/12/2023. 3/4 of them are VERY NEGATIVE. The "canned" Management response is the same thing. Nothing has been corrected after a year. I implore you to go to that A&W online and read the complaints . I hope someone at Corporate can investigate this place. It is Very Disgusting.

R
4:21 pm EST

A&W Restaurants Service

Just left the A &W restaurant on 12 Mile in Berkley Michigan. I use my debit card to pay for my bill around $13 dollars. the waitress's name was Day. I skip the tip and pull out about 4 quarters and put them in the jar? Miss Day viewed that with her own eyes and smile.. But on returning home I only had a drop of coney sauce on my 3 coney dogs...Covid is over, we are all dealing with high prices on everything. It is our choice to give a tip.

Claimed loss: No claim, just want fair service, if I choose to leave a tip or not.

Desired outcome: An apology would be nice. to let your employees know that they don't own the A&W..They just work there. My daughter love the coney. so we gave her the one with the most.. The one in the picture?

R
12:54 pm EST

A&W Restaurants Poor customer service

Two days ago, I ordered two burger combos at A&W through the takeout window. The first combo was a chicken burger with fries and a Coke, and the second one was a beef burger with fries and a drink. The person at the window seemed fixated on the beef burger, assuming my nationality prohibits beef consumption. I clarified that it was for my husband. However, upon reaching home, I discovered that the fries were missing, and instead of the beef burger, they included a fish burger. Additionally, the chicken patty was unusually hard.

I promptly called the store, and the assistant manager asked several questions, assuring me that the store manager would contact me. It has been two days, and I haven’t received any follow-up. This lack of communication is disappointing, and to add to the issue, I noticed that the amount I paid was more than what I received in my order. I hope to see a resolution to these concerns and an improvement in the service.

Claimed loss: $31.12

Desired outcome: Haven’t received a call from the manager yet.

G
8:53 pm EST

A&W Restaurants Worst employment experience at A&W

I was working at A&W since last week of March 2023. I completed my probation period also. I did overnight shifts during summers from May-August. Recently, there was a change of company from KB Holdings Ltd. to a new Operator, so we were asked to sign on a paper which had a letter written on it. I signed. I was told that 27th November, 2023 would be the last day of working with KB Holdings Ltd. and after that day onwards, a new operator will come into the business.

Now, on 27th November, 2023, I got a mail from the Manager (Mrs. Melanie Olsen) that the notice period with KB Holdings Ltd. has ended today and the new operator is not hiring me. So, I'm getting layoff from the work.

My complaint is that I have completed my Probation Period so legally, I should be given a notice two weeks prior to layoff "OR ATLEAST" a heads - up from my manager that I will be getting layoff from the work in the coming days. She didn't informed me about anything on a prior basis and the act of removing me from work is malpracticed.

V
8:21 am EST

A&W Restaurants Quality and always out of items

Since the new ownership at the A&W on hespler rd in cambridge the whole service and food quality is terrible. They never have hashbrowns. Don't have bacon for the burgars. Can't take your order as the computors are down. Run out of salt. When u do get food it is thrown together falling out of packages. I have been a A&W customer to this location for many years. The Quality and service has become the worst I have ever seen. Hopefully someone can check in at this location and Hopefully improve it. Thanks

C
6:44 am EST

A&W Restaurants My order

Hi, my name is Corey I ordered two buddy burgers without cheese fries, and a root beer I get back to my room buddy burgers onions were raw they were uncooked the way they should never be. I bought Buddy burgers because of the fried onions and there were lay on my burger without being fried. Not very happy. The reason why I bought Buddy burgers is because of that reason not happy with A&W right now, and there’s no excuse for the person making the burger should do that .

I I am in Edmonton Alberta, A&W address where I bought my meal

1703 – PC Nisku 208 19th Ave., Nisku Alberta

T9E 0w8 my email [protected]@hotmail.com

[protected]

2023– 11–10 time 3:27 AM

D
10:44 pm EDT

A&W Restaurants Unpleasant environment inside the restaurant

Every day there is incredible enoying high pitch sound emanating every few seconds. Sometimes prolonged for few seconds. How they play music inside if also this music is disturbed by this sound? What stup*d manager is there who do not see this?! How employees are working there? Today was my and my wife's last day in any A&W "restaurants". One day in the past I believed something was broken what caused this noise. But this is EVERY day!

Desired outcome: A&W already decided. I will NEVER go back to this prymitive canadian restaurant

P
9:05 pm EDT

A&W Restaurants Garbage food service

Don't do it! Don't order here!

For years the tonkawa a&w was awesome! Now, the tonkawa ok. A&w is complete garbage! Do not waste your money there!

This was a normal american good food but the tonkawa a&w has not even 1 american employee now and they can't cook nor know what/how to cook or what it's supposed to be like (not even close)! The people there are 100% illegal aliens not of spanish/mex decent (muslim?) and all of the normal items we ordered like the cheese curds were greesy, burnt, over cooked soo lonng that the cheese was missing from the small shriveled up rock hard breading, with the burnt up cheese globs stuck together 8-9 all at one time. One of the bacon double cheeseburgers had under cooked like soggy raw bacon and the other was burnt. Both paddies on both ham burguers beef patties were like rubber. 1 burger seemed as if the maker opened the salt shaker emptying the entire contents on top! This crap was sooo bad we threw it in the trash! Wasted almost $30.00! Joe chiden has ruined our towns a&w, taken away a good food and american jobs! Don't do it, try a different place!

Claimed loss: 2 bacon double cheese burgers, 2 large curly fries

Desired outcome: FULL Free Same Order Coupon for DIFFERENT RESTAURANT

T
6:34 pm EDT

A&W Restaurants Mama burgers x 2 and root beer

After a long drive we stopped at the En route on the 401 near Cambridge…store #4211.

It was very slow service, which I get, but the food was horrible. Our mama burgers were dry meat on a stale hard bun. The root beer was 1000% flat. The kiosk was too busy to go back and complain. Our supper cost $25.91 and it was worth $5. Terrible. Will not eat at an A &W en route again.

Our order number was 273 and our receipt # [protected]. Purchased at 5:47PM on Sat Oct 21

Tammy Bossy

[protected]

Desired outcome: Refund

W
8:01 pm EDT

A&W Restaurants Refund owing

We used a coupon for 2 teen combos for 16.49. We don’t drink pop so changed to 2 small chocolate shakes. We waited awhile for our food. Got the food no shakes. So we waited another long while. Somewhere between 7-7:30pm we waited. Then told shake machine is broken. So we asked to be refunded for the shakes. The manager was doing something but getting confused, after 20 minutes a guy comes to the window and tells us we can’t have a refund. That without drinks we need to pay them more money like $28.00; we paid extra to upgrade to chocolate shakes that was all we wanted back. They weren’t getting it. Had we of had pop we wouldn’t have had an extra charge. So we left. I’m not arguing with someone over it. Nor will I pay $28 seriously. We were treated like it was our fault the machine broke. I would like to have my refund. Also, our food was ice cold after sitting and waiting forever. There was quite a few cars behind us I wouldn’t be surprised if they had cold food as well. We are regular customers

Wendy

[protected]@hotmail.com

Desired outcome: Apology, and complete refund We paid $23.89

S
6:54 pm EDT

A&W Restaurants Burgers and fries, onion rings

Store : 401 and HWY 15 Kingston Ontario. Just brought home 2 Papa burger combos. I entered the store, ordered and picked up the order. I should have been suspicious when my order was handed to me about 1 minute after paying, but I didn't and when I got home) 3 minute drive), we found the most disgusting meal that we had ever purchased. It was all cold, and the onion rings were so greasy that they were totally limp and grease-filled, and over-salted. My wife dried them with paper towel and then put them in the air fryer, and still couldn't eat them and ended up throwing them in the garbage can. The fries were cold and soggy as well. The two burgers were cold. We paid $35+ for this and it was disgusting.

Most FF places in Kingston, ON are now staffed with Immigrants from East India, please train them properly. They have also just about destroyed the KFC business at 401 and Division street. Over the past year, the food there has become non-edible as well.

Desired outcome: We want a refund and an apology, I wasn't given a receipt-I am too trusting and the reason they didn't give me a receipt is now obvious...it was stale food and they did not want me asking for a refund.

K
1:57 pm EDT

A&W Restaurants customer service

I am writing to express my disappointment with the customer service. I recently visited your location A&W Vaughan Mills and was extremely dissatisfied with my experience.

I request for kids combo but goes wrong.

Overall, my experience at A&W was extremely disappointing and I am unlikely to return in the future. I hope that you can take steps to improve the quality of service and food at your restaurant.

please find attached file

Sincerely,

S
11:28 am EDT

A&W Restaurants Customer service

My husband and I often go to the A&W for breakfast at 300 fourth avenue in st. Catharines Ontario. We were quite shocked at the lack of professionalism today (august 12, 2023) when we were ordering breakfast and the person taking our order was very quiet and we couldn’t hear over the loud drink machine right beside her. My husband said to please wait until the person was done using the machine so we didn’t have be so loud but she continued to ask us questions about our order. My husband was a bit louder speaking so she could hear and she assumed he was yelling and said, “ I don’t have patience for you.” Then proceeded to talk about us to the other worker beside her, snickering and shaking her head. We were so surprised but we continued to be polite. I understand she may have thought he was yelling (and he’s also louder because he’s deaf in one ear), but in our opinion that was quite uncalled for and made for a very uncomfortable breakfast. Sorry this happened.

Desired outcome: No need for an outcome really. Just wanted you to be aware. customer service and professionalism is key to successful businesses. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Read full review of A&W Restaurants and 1 comment
1 comment
Z
Z
Zachary 2001 nnnr
, CA
Aug 12, 2023 12:08 pm EDT

Some people do not understand that others may be hard of hearing. The reason people like your husband speak loud is because they cannot hear their own voice. But she could just have a quiet voice. There was another case where a lady demanded that a deaf worker at Walmart get fired because she was speaking to him and he had her back to her. When they explained he was deaf, she said that then he should not be working in public if he cannot hear.

12:23 pm EDT

A&W Restaurants Soda

I went to have dinner yesterday, August 6, 2023, at approximately 4:45pm @ A & W in Yorkdale Mall, Toronto, ON.

I had a chubby chicken burger combo. When I went back to the A&W counter to get my soda refilled, I was denied a free refill.

I will never be returning to A&W again.

Unfortunate I won’t be returning over a soda!

Social media is a wonderful thing-I will be posting my experience online as its important people know what a rip off this restaurant really is!

9:57 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

A&W Restaurants Meal purchased at the Woodstock, Ontario store July 31,2023. 5:00 p.m.

Today I went to the A&W for the third time in the past 3 months. Each time was a huge disappointment but I decided to give it one more try. I ate in so the meal didn't get a chance to get cold with taking it home. I had a Teenburger and a small Frozen Root Beer. The burger was barely warm as has been the case on all occasions. It had so many condiments on it, not to mention a large chunk of lettuce that it kept slipping out of the bun and the condiments kept running down my fingers. Once upon a time I worked at A&W while I was in college. That was back in the days when they still had car service. Every meal was made to order and delivered to the customer piping hot. While I didn't expect that to be the case these days it's obvious that your burgers are premade and sit under a very poor salamander that doesn't keep them moderately warm, let alone hot. My total bill was $13.00 as I rounded it up to make a small donation during your MS Canada campaign, which is commendable on your part. $7.99 of the bill was for the poor quality Teenburger, At this price your food should at the very least be delivered hot. After giving you several chances at various locations with the same results I'm afraid I won't be going to any A & W any time in the future.

J
7:32 pm EDT

A&W Restaurants A & W bathrooms

Your bathrooms are already vile and disgusting. The only thing that makes it worse is when you go in to wash your hands and both soap dispensers are empty. You think I'm going to eat the food I ordered after going in that bathroom and making my hands dirty to find our the soap is empty?!

How hard is it to fill a soap dispenser. Clearly the employees here are making minimum wage and don't care about anything.

Desired outcome: Refill Soap Dispensers

A&W Restaurants In-depth Review

Overall Rating: A&W Restaurants is a fantastic dining option that offers delicious food, excellent service, and a pleasant atmosphere. With its wide range of menu options, affordable prices, and commitment to customer satisfaction, it's no wonder why this restaurant is a favorite among many.

Menu Variety and Quality: A&W Restaurants boasts an impressive menu that caters to all taste preferences. From classic burgers and hot dogs to mouthwatering chicken and seafood dishes, there is something for everyone. The quality of the food is exceptional, with fresh ingredients and flavorful seasonings that will leave you craving for more.

Service Efficiency and Friendliness: The staff at A&W Restaurants are known for their efficiency and friendliness. They go above and beyond to ensure that customers are served promptly and with a smile. Whether you're dining in or ordering takeout, you can expect top-notch service that will make your experience enjoyable.

Ambiance and Cleanliness: A&W Restaurants prides itself on providing a clean and inviting atmosphere for its customers. The dining areas are well-maintained and the decor creates a cozy and welcoming ambiance. You can dine in comfort knowing that cleanliness is a top priority at this establishment.

Pricing and Value for Money: A&W Restaurants offers great value for money with its affordable prices. The portion sizes are generous, ensuring that you get your money's worth. Whether you're on a budget or looking for a satisfying meal without breaking the bank, this restaurant is a fantastic choice.

Location and Accessibility: A&W Restaurants has conveniently located branches that are easily accessible. Whether you're in the city or the suburbs, you can find a location near you. The restaurants are situated in areas with ample parking and are easily reachable by public transportation.

Online Ordering and Delivery Options: A&W Restaurants understands the importance of convenience and offers online ordering and delivery options. You can easily place your order from the comfort of your own home and have it delivered right to your doorstep. This feature is perfect for those busy days when you don't have time to cook.

Special Offers and Promotions: A&W Restaurants frequently runs special offers and promotions that provide customers with even more value. From discounted combo meals to limited-time menu items, there is always something exciting happening at this restaurant. Keep an eye out for these promotions to make the most of your dining experience.

Customer Feedback and Reviews: A&W Restaurants values customer feedback and reviews. They actively listen to their customers' opinions and strive to continuously improve their offerings. You can trust that your voice will be heard and that your dining experience will be taken into consideration.

Social Responsibility and Sustainability Efforts: A&W Restaurants is committed to social responsibility and sustainability efforts. They prioritize using environmentally friendly practices and sourcing ingredients from responsible suppliers. By dining at this restaurant, you can feel good knowing that you are supporting a business that cares about the planet.

Innovation and Technology Integration: A&W Restaurants embraces innovation and technology to enhance the dining experience. They utilize modern systems for online ordering, payment, and loyalty programs. This integration ensures a seamless and convenient experience for customers.

Staff Training and Professionalism: The staff at A&W Restaurants undergo thorough training to ensure professionalism and expertise. They are knowledgeable about the menu, attentive to customer needs, and provide exceptional service. You can trust that you will be well taken care of during your visit.

Food Safety and Hygiene Standards: A&W Restaurants prioritizes food safety and maintains high hygiene standards. They adhere to strict protocols to ensure that all food is prepared and handled safely. You can dine with confidence, knowing that your health and well-being are of utmost importance.

Dietary and Allergen Information: A&W Restaurants understands the importance of catering to dietary restrictions and allergies. They provide detailed information about ingredients and allergens on their menu, allowing customers to make informed choices. Whether you're vegetarian, gluten-free, or have specific dietary needs, you can find suitable options at this restaurant.

Special Accommodations for Disabilities: A&W Restaurants is committed to providing a welcoming environment for all individuals, including those with disabilities. They offer special accommodations such as wheelchair accessibility and assistance for those with mobility challenges. Everyone can enjoy a comfortable dining experience at this establishment.

Local Community Involvement: A&W Restaurants actively participates in the local community. They support local charities, sponsor events, and contribute to community initiatives. By dining at this restaurant, you are supporting a business that gives back to the community.

Business Expansion and Growth: A&W Restaurants has experienced significant business expansion and growth over the years. With new locations opening regularly, more people can enjoy their delicious food and exceptional service. This expansion is a testament to the popularity and success of this restaurant.

Competitor Comparison: A&W Restaurants stands out from its competitors with its unique menu offerings, commitment to quality, and exceptional service. While other fast-food chains may offer similar items, A&W Restaurants sets itself apart with its dedication to customer satisfaction and the overall dining experience.

Loyalty Programs and Rewards: A&W Restaurants offers a loyalty program that rewards customers for their continued patronage. By joining the program, you can earn points with every purchase and redeem them for exclusive discounts and freebies. This program is a great way to show appreciation to loyal customers.

Contact Information and Customer Support: For any inquiries or assistance, A&W Restaurants provides contact information and excellent customer support. Whether you have a question about the menu or need help with an order, their friendly staff is ready to assist you. You can reach out to them via phone or email for prompt and helpful service.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

A&W Restaurants contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with A&W Restaurants?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with A&W Restaurants Customer Service. Initial A&W Restaurants complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for A&W Restaurants above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about A&W Restaurants. Discuss the issues you have had with A&W Restaurants and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.