Having problems with Aviva?

1890 335 577 (Ireland)
950951 (China)
+44 207 283 2000 (United Kingdom)
+370 52 690 169 (Lithuania)
+852 35 509 600 (Hong Kong)
+65 68 277 988 (Singapore)
St. Helen's, 1 Undershaft
London, England, Greater London
United Kingdom - EC3P3DQ

Complaints & Reviews

NOT PROPER WAY OF CLARRIFICATION

DEAR SIR,
AT THE TIME OF INVESTMENTS,
AVIVA NEVER CLEARS OUT THE PROPER WAY OF GUIDENCE.
I HAD INVESTED RS .12000/- FOR THREE YEARS AND NOW WHEN
I DEMANDED THE ACTUAL STATUS OF MY INVESTMENTS,
I AM GETTING THE INVESTMENT AMOUNT OF TWO YEARS AND
THIRD YEAR AMOUNT IS DISAPPEARED. SO CAN YOUR EXECUTIVE
EXPLAIN ME FOR THE SAME. BECAUSE TOUR AGENT IS ONLY INTRESTED IN INTIAL INVESTMENTS AND NOT EVEN IN TOUCH FOR PROPER FOLLOW UP. MY FOLIO NO. NSG 1442143/42. AT THE TIME OF RENEWAL IT WAS SAID THAT YOUR POLICY IS TERMINATED. SO DO THE NEED FULL IMMEDIATELY TO AVOID ANY
INCONVIENENCES

NOT PROPER WAY OF CLARRIFICATION

gave wrong maturity value

Phoned Aviva, formally Norwich Union, for a maturity value and was given a figure well in excess of what was owed on my mortgage. Out of the blue after the mortgage ended received a letter from lender stating I had underpaid in excess of £3000 on my mortgage. Phoned aviva and spoke to several people over the phone all of them agreed they had never seen a case in such a mess but despite assurances that they would phone me back to update me on the position they have failed to do so. The lender is now attempting to pursue interest on amount unpaid and have put penalties onto my account. Aviva have happily taken my money for 25 years and when it comes to paying up they mess up big style. Stay clear of this company

WITHDRAWAL OF POLICY

I WANTS LIFE INSURANCE FROM AVIVA LIFE INSURANCE aND BIKRAMJIT SINGH aND mR DHEERAJ WAS CAME AT MY PLACE AND COMMUNICATE ME ABOU PRODUCT I WANT 10000 INVESTMENT PER ANNUM BUT THEY ACTIVATE MY POLISY OF 20000 THOUSAND ..sECOND THEY FILL WRONG CUSTOMER ..eXACT NAME IS RAMAN KAUSHIK INSTEAD OF RAMAN KUMAR KUSHIK...aFTER RECEVING OF POLICY I HAVE VISITED IN LOCAL OFFICE (RANJIT AVENUE AMRITSAR) AND SUBMIT MY LETTER FOR POLICY WITHDRAWAL AND REFUND OF GIVEN 5000 IN INITIALY .. WITHIN 15 DAYS OF RECEVING MY POLICE AS PER IRDA RULES..bUT THEY TRY TO RUMBLING ME AND RECEIVE MY LETTER AND AFTER 10 DAYS I HAVE RECEIVED A LETTER FROM COMPANY THAT I WILL NOT RECEIVE MY DEPOSITED 5000 AMOUNT AS I HAVE SUMIT MY LETTER AFTER 15 DAYS...i HAVE VISITED THRICE IN OFFICE BUT NOBODY HANDLE ME IN A GENTLEWAY...EVERYTIME THEY TRY TO CONFUSE AND MOVE IN PROCESSES...TILL TIME I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY DEPOSITED AMOUNT RS5000 ..tHIS TYPE OF SERVICES WILL NOT COMPELL ME TO GIVE ANY REFRENCE OF THIS COMPANY AND MORE OVER I HAVE TO GO IN LEGAL IF NOT RECEIVED MY MONEY BACK...IF ANY CLEARITY PLZ FEEL FREE TO CALL ME...

REGARDS
RAMAN KAUSHIK
[protected]
raman.[protected]@gmail.com

fraud

Aviva sent me a life insurance claim form as my aunt had passed on. Policy 825716n01. Unfortunately, this aunt is through a former marriage with an extremely ugly divorce. Initially, they were just waiting on the death certificate, which my ex-wife was sure to provide as she was also a beneficiary on the policy.
After a couple of months of follow up calls to Aviva to see if they had all that they needed - they then informed me that I was not a beneficiary and that it had been an error.
This comes after months of my ex-wife attempting to remove me from the policy - first telling them I was dead - and then certainly performing some type of insurance fraud to get me removed.
I am contacting the Insurance commissioner today - and will let them investigate the fraudulent behavior further.

• Me
    meena rathod Oct 25, 2010

Hi,

I am one of the agent of Aviva life insurance. Keeping faith on me my five family members kept money. But there is no response from aviva after taking money. Sales manager also not responding. Please suggest me what should i do because they are my family members i feel very bad for them. And please think before while investment.

Please help me

• Ve
    Venkatesh Perumal Apr 07, 2011

Contact information which was displayed in website for Chennai address told wrong number, poor customer care service. Friends and Relatives be aware of Aviva investment

No Customer Service

I have a Life Insurance Policy with Aviva.
My second year premium is due on December 14th'07

Today is 4th December'07.
I had been calling their Customer Service cell for a good number of days and registered for the Check Pick up service, no one called or came.
I called and registered for three times and still no one called or came.
I had to personally go to a branch and give it.
Some guy calls up after 3 weeks and asks whethr we have already dropped it in the Box or do they need to come to pick it up.
When I asked them the reason for taking more than 2 weeks to call, they were rude and said they was no one at home and I never picked up phone both of which are absolute lies.
My whole family as at home all the time.
This is the first and last time I am investing in Aviva and would advise all not to take any of their policies. The Customer Service is despicable and tehy have no manners.
Are any of the Aviva Bosses listening? Please do something about your employees/services.

• So
    soma chatterjee Oct 27, 2007

My, husband Mr. Sandip Chatterjee is a policyholder on Aviva Life Insurance. The premium of the policy is of 3500/- per quarter, i.e.on 11th April, 11th July, 11th October and 11th March. We paid the premium of July in due course. We received a letter from Aviva last week mentioning that his policy has been lapsed, just because we failed to pay the last premium due on 11/7/2007. But the fact was we paid that and the cheque already been cleared and we paid the premium due on October also. I went there and presented the bank statement. Because of there negligence we lose the accountability of our policy. Not only this most of the time they fail to send receipts. The work environment is also very poor. There is nothing called customer service. Their only intention is to sell the policy after that no service.

• Bh
    BHARAT RAMESH BATHIJA May 19, 2008

I Have one year old policy, policy no. WTG1299705, my monthly premium is Rs 1000/- I have paid your premium reguraly up to feb 2008, i have given the cheque of 1000/-premium of march cheque no.034065 dated 6/2/2008 receipt no.10308 yet not deposited by you, now my ploicy is lapsed reason not payment of march premium, i m shocked already in advance i have given the premium cheque, and i m not getting any reminder call, sms, i have make call to urs office but noboby taking any intrest, An i have not reciving any letter any information about my policy, yours customer service is poor, still i m making call to yours office from there also i m not getting any respons i m making the call on this number 022-40164811-40164840 . request them to make my ECS system update but from there also i m notgetting any respons today i have make again call to yours office in same no. answer is plz wait we call back u in within 10 to 15 min. after that i have make call again i get the same reply still 1hrs gone no reply urs executive name is mrs joyti. call date is 19/5/2008 time 14:05 hrs
    pleases take any action an solve my problem an give me the details about my policy my due of march, april, may, how can i pay this permium .

Mahesh Sep 13, 2008

This Aviva should be thrown out of the country immediately to save the country from the frauds.

LIC is far more better than all Private life insurance companies.

Aviva sucks money in starting your policy, sucks money during first 5 years and even after 10 years it is possible that they might suck Huge money and say No Fund Value because of Bad Market conditions.

So guys wake up and take all your hard earned money out from Aviva coz it is better to take back your money as soon as possible

jo walia Aug 10, 2009

some one pl help I have been cheated and mislead by Aviva agent she did nothing but lie I am in london she even siged the forms herslf I have been calling customer services but nothing even complaints have not replied to me It is a big Fraud NO BOBY SHOULD BUY AVIVA POLICIES

• Sb
    sbabap Aug 20, 2009

Aviva are real blood suckers . I have to policies and after 5 years of paying premium, I have not received a penny as interest . When i asked for surrender amount, they are deducting 50% of my money, means if I invested 50, 000 then after 5 years of premium and using my money for 5 years, they are offering me only 25, 000 .This is unlawful and rediculous .I think our government is involved in it . I have lost all my hard earned money with these modern time blood leeches . They are robbers, cheaters. Never ever try this . My friend have same experience .

Cheat Aviva Feb 07, 2010

Aviva Cheat Yes I also had the same experience F*** agent told me that the policy is for one year and sold it. To my surprise i got letter to pay for 3 years. Bas*** lost more more I could have at least paid tax to gov of india with good profit.

• Br
    BRIDGET ANDERSON Aug 22, 2010

I AM A POLICY HOLDER FOR AVIA LIFE INSURANCE MY SON DIED ON 12-29-08 I CURRENT PAID 70.00 DOLLARS A MONTH FOR ME AN MY 3 KIDS IAM STILL PAYING FOR HIM WHICH HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN REMOVE ON THE DAY HE GOT KILLED.I WAS TOLD MY PAYMENT WAS GOING TO BE LOWER WHICH IM STILL PAYING THE SAME.I HAVE BEEN CALLING FOR ALMOST 2 YRS, MY INSURANCE MAN MIDFORD DAVIS HAVE CALLED, HE ALSO SAID MY PAYMENT WAS GOING TO GO DOWN, I HAVE BEEN CALLIN AND CALLIN, I WAS TOLD THAT SOMETHING WILL CALL ME BACK I HAVE NOT GOT NO RESPOND OR NO LETTER.I SUPPOSE TO RECIEVE BACK PAY I HAVE NOT GOT NOTHING, I HAVE BEEN GET POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR ALSO 2 YRS.I NEED A RESPOND FROM SOMEONE IF MY PAYMENT IS GOING TO GET LOWER, OR IM I GOING TO GET BACK PAYMENT.

Withdrawl Amount

I am having AVIVA Life Insurance, I have selected mainly for tax saving purpose, I have paid 30000 Rs. for 3 years.

Now, I am in need of money, and i went to AVIVA and requested for withdrawl of money... now, frustrating moment starts... i will be getting only 12,000 Rs. out of my 30,000 investment.

AVIVA says that you dont get the amount, what you have invested but you will get only SURRENDERED AMOUNT that is 12000 Rs. against the investment of 30000 Rs. only.

I request everyone to check their SURRENDERED AMOUNT and not the one that you expect as per the AVIVA's NAV.

Have a nice day ahead!!!

• Pa
    pallavi Jul 24, 2008

I am an aviva policy holder. The customer care in Aviva is pathetic. I have asked them 10 times to give my receipt for the policy due in Jan'08. I had made the payment in Jan'08 and till date I have not received my receipt for it. I would advise no one to purchase or invest in any Aviva policy.

Anupam Mar 09, 2009

I too ma aviva policy holder and same case for me .. have made a payment online and they dont even provide the reciept for the same.

• Po
    pozac Jun 27, 2011

Ya sir i invested Rs:50, 000/- in the same & i got back only Rs:17, 000/-

Angel gal Aug 27, 2012

I had a miscarriage and Insurance company sent me a letter how many months was I pregnant after I had such a trauma. And further more when asked insurance company there revert back by saying its their policy and its not in any wrong. I strongly believe any medical issue being claim they have the rights to ask over the hospital upon signing the PSI. I need an answer when we policy holders having an issue or illness does insurance company directly will come to the affected parties immediately or liase with the hospitals

Avivaindia Sep 10, 2012

Hi,
    We would like to help address your issue. Please do write in to us with your policy details on [email protected] with your reference complaint number and we will investigate your concern and revert. We would revert to you within 7-10 days of receiving your policy details.
    Customer Services team

Avivaindia Sep 16, 2012

Hi,
    Just a gentle reminder. We would like to help address your issue. Please do write in to us with your policy details on [email protected] and we will investigate your concern and revert. We would revert to you within 7-10 days of receiving your policy details.
    Customer Services team

Avivaindia Sep 26, 2012

Hi,
    We have not received a response from you with the policy number. We would not be monitoring this link henceforth. In case your issue is still not resolved, please write in to us on [email protected] We would revert to you within 7-10 days of receiving your policy details.
    Customer Services Team

Aviva are CHEATS!

I brought a unit linked life insurance policy from Aviva with a 2 year lockin period before i could redeem it, after 2 years & have paid the premiums when i wanted to redeem my policy, they told me that they would deduct over 40% from the fund value which pushed my principal into negative. i have asked them to explain the nature of these deductions, but they have not replied to any of my 3 requests.

• Gk
    G. Keshab Reddy Nov 10, 2008

I am also suffering like this guy

• Po
    pooja Nov 18, 2008

I have encountered the same problem and am absolutely furious with the Aviva and ABN representatives that sold this policy to me. I was told that I could redeem my policy after a lock-in period of 2 years with minimal charges. Now that I want to redeem my policy Aviva will deduct close to 56% of the fund value.

• Da
    daughter threatened Nov 27, 2009

They are threatening my daughter to charge her these negative fees too and she lost her job. She doesn't care if they take all she invested. She just wants OUT and not owing anything.

• As
    ASHISH KASOUDHAN Dec 11, 2009

I am pursuing MBA from pune and i did my winter project in Nov.2008 aviva life insurance in pune at chinchwar branch in under Mr.Prashant Tambe (Sales Manager). He told if you will give a policy i will pay you 2000 per policy within 15 days and I gave him 4 policy but he didn't pay any single rupee yet. So my humble request to you take any action against Mr. Prashant Tambe immediately. I am not single person who gave policy to him but also more of my colleagues who gave him to more then 20 policy to him and he didn't pay to anyone of single rupees and i have to pay 1000 rupees for IRDA Exams .So please take any action against him .

Cheat Aviva Feb 07, 2010

mathewdenis Apr 30, 2010

Hi,

The Aviva Insurance company has cheated lot of person like us. Let us join together with all the people who has invested in this company in some sort and let us file a public litigation against this company. Actually this insurance was a trap and I am also one amongst you who is already in this trap. If we get off we loss money, If we continue then also we loss money. let us come together.

Contact me let us join together for a good cause, this is a right time to support government to get our hard earned money back.

Email: [email protected]

Fraud and cheating!

I tooke a policy of aviva life insurance and the policy number is wlg1596642 in quarterly mode before three...

ECS is not getting activated even after applying 3 times for the same

I have a one year old life long policy from Aviva (the policy LLG1237007). I have applied for ECS three times. But it is not activated yet. Everytime the agent requests to pay the premium by cheque and asks me to fill a form so that ECS can be activated. And again as soon as the premium payment date approaches, he repeats the same process. He blames his manager for ECS not getting activated. I never expected such an irresponsible service from a reputed insurance company.

• St
    Steve Michaels Aug 11, 2007

Stay away from Aviva. You can do much better elsewhere.

Angel Sep 20, 2007

STAY AWAY from AVIVA life insurance, it has cheated me and dumped my 14000 rs.
    It's shameful, you guys put the business of other good insurance companies in jeopardy.

• Pa
    Parvinder Kaur Dec 04, 2009

I have a one year old life long policy from Aviva (the policy ELP1894592). I have applied for ECS three times. But it is not activated yet. Everytime the agent requests to pay the premium by cheque and asks me to fill a form so that ECS can be activated. And again as soon as the premium payment date approaches, he repeats the same process. He blames his manager for ECS not getting activated. I never expected such an irresponsible service from a reputed insurance company.

Frozen my pension and wont talk

I have been paying in to my Pension fund since I opted to buy-out of my National Health Superannuation contributions from 1975 till 1986.

My Insurance broker payed in my superannuation payout direct to Guardian Royal Pension Fund then in 1993 my Brocker contacted me telling me that Norwich Union had a good deal, but since have been bought out buy Avaia Insurance, so the cheque was once again sent direvct to them, after closing my Guardian Royal account via my Nation Insurance number.

I'm now 62 and I lost all the paper work for my pension, so could not find them so I had to contact National Health Pensions via my National Insurance number.

I have now found my pension via thr above, to which is with Norwich Union and they have now come back after signing for it to be paid in to my account, including the tax free lump sum, after nothing happening and no retuning in answering my constant emails, I then received a strange email saying my case has been sent to Investigations deportment and can they have my phone number, which I gave them to receive an phone call from an Investigator, saying the National Insurance number they have on record is different to the one I submitted plus I could I tell them at the time the address I was at in 1993 and my next of kin, so after the call I emailed this information, but now I can get no answer and so they have frozen my Pension until I Can prove why ithe National Insurance Number they have is different I said I have no idea must be an administration error.

I have now been writing telling them the address I was at the time and the next of kin, things I could not remember at the time of the phone call, but still a deadly silence has now once again come over Norwich Union, and my Pension.

How do I get any sense from them, as they are now referring all my emails to Aviva there Parent Company who are not talking.

What can I do, what would you do?!

Poor, irresponsible service!

I have settled my payment on first week of January 07 itself, but still getting reminders for not making...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices