Autostart / Visions Electronicsbad quality car starter!

D

I bought a car starter for my wife's car for her christmas present, 1 month after it was installed my wife called me and told me her car would not shut off. I left work and went to her work to find the car trying to start in the parking lot. I replaced the battery, thinking this could be the problem but when I hooked the new battery up the car again tried to start. Andy the "install manager" came out and said that the starter had power and it may be my problem. After getting the car towed and a new starter installed, with the autostart removed, it was normal. At a cost of $462.00 for starter and $70.00 for a battery, my problem. I them again had to leave work early and have andy test it, he told me the unit was faulty and that he would immediately return it to the manufacturer for testing and I would be reimbursed for damages. Two weeks later I was in contact with him and he said that the cheque was now coming from visions head office in calgary. I contacted autostart and they knew nothing about the unit or problem. Andy then said he didn't need to send it back, one of many lies. I then tried to contact visions customer service line, answering machine no call back. Contacted regional manager r. Carey he agreed to remove starter and refund money and including repair cost, still out over $250.00 lost wages and significant grief. Haven't removed unit yet but have appointment and promise from andy to refund all money to my debit card. Hopefully that also is not a lie.In the end it will still cost me $250 lost wages and several hours of calling and begging that they do the right thing.

• Ve
    veemf Dec 16, 2008

Got car starter installed no problems and good service. First cold snap the vehicle didnt start and drained the battery. Now the the autostart doesn't work at all. Called them in the morning/ they are too busy take the call. They took our number than didn't call back. So at the end of the day called again and still too busy to take call. The after service of this product is very poor. As for the product, it's functions are hard to figure out and not so user friendly. Still hoping for positive outcome and better review after this issue.

• Pa
    Panther Feb 13, 2009

I've had similar trouble here in Edmonton. Also AutoStart remotes. My vehicles (yes, thats vehicleS, not vehicle) have been in 5 times so far, each time with things getting progressively worse. (I've got 2 vehicles with the same model of remote starter in them, both with various problems.)

Starting with vehicles starting on their own in the middle of the night to park light flash not working properly to dashboard switches being broken and a missing radio knob now after the last visit. Work in a 2 way remote confirming that the vehicle has started only to go outside and see the vehicle with only the lights and fans on. Then hang the remote brain in front of the brake pedal so you kick it every time you try to stop. Top it off with one installer even deciding to cut the safety wire to the hood switch and never re-activating it. (I'm glad I wasn't working on the engine when one of the random, unprovoked engine starts happened. I might have had to type this with one hand.)

I must say that Vision's is not a reliable place for ANY electronic installation. I'm to the point that I'm almost at a loss for words to describe the poor quality installation and product they sell.

We'll see how things go from my 6th visit to the installation bay this afternoon. This time, I've taken it to a different location to the supposed Western Canada's top installation expert. So far, I'm not too optimistic... About 1 hour after dropping the vehicle off this morning, I got a call asking if I remembered to leave them the keys... um... yes...I did!

Nothing like a 6th visit notification that they lost the keys before they even started to get the day off right ;)

• Be
    BEEFC Oct 23, 2012

Visions sux, if you buy a starter there and something goes wrong YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices