Autonationdealer sold a lemon/lied about carfax

L Nov 19, 2018

I bought a car from AutoNation in [protected]. it is a 2010 Audi Q5 prestige, it is supposed to be the top-of-the-line vehicle. The finance officer assistant that I get the warranty for this vehicle, it was expensive to repair. I now know why he kept pushing warranty. This vehicle has been a nightmare. The Carfax stated that it had been in a minor accident. The vehicle has been in the shop more than six times in the last 2 years. They have replaced ball joints, U-joints, tire rods, gas filter sensors, front wheel bearings, brakes and rotors, suspension bar, they now say I need shocks and structs, and I had to purchase 4 new tires because of the bent frame. I just dropped the vehicle off this afternoon again for service. I did some research on the vehicle only to find out that It had been in a major accident it had been rear-ended from the back and hit in the front the vehicle was towed from the site and was deemed non-drivable. The Carfax that was given to me again stated it had been in a minor Collision. It rains in the front of the vehicle on the passenger side, the rain has caused the shade to droop and we had to remove it, the sunshade is now under recall but the car is not one that is listed for the service. The air condition heater blowing fan has gone out the navigation system and the electrical components are not working, the rear backup camera and all the other accessories along with the media and Bluetooth do not work or stop at random. The vehicle apparently has been so damaged that when the rain came down inside the vehicle it expanded and the windshield at the top seal and it cracked. Even though I purchased the extended warranty it has cost me a fortune for the repairs on this vehicle I believe AutoNation knew that this vehicle should have been salvaged and they did minor repairs just enough to catch a fool like me who came by and bought it. I am stuck for the next two and a half years almost $600 a month for a luxury vehicle that is a piece of junk. I am going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I have contacted Audi Nation and they suggested that I contact the dealership. Well with my luck that dealership is no longer open. The vehicle does not qualify for the Lemon Law in Texas because I have had it for more than 24 months and have driven more than 24000 miles. I recommend no one buy a vehicle from Auto Nation without doing your homework. they will give you a Carfax the does not state the correct information, and I am wondering if that is against the law. Since the car had to be towed from the accident scene because of the extensive damage I wonder if the insurance company wrote it off as a total loss. I don't know how to go about searching for it. I found the information about the accident on the highway department website, just go in and enter the VIN number and it will pull up the accident and the damage. The Sales manager Audi Dallas, suggest that I get an attorney to fight this issue. That would be a great idea but I am disabled on a fixed income I cannot afford a high-priced attorney. If anyone out there knows a way that I can get out of this contract please contact me.

• Le
    leola scott Nov 23, 2018

I have just been informed by Audi Dealership the AC/Heater and blower motor needs to be replaced. This part is not covered under the high price warranty I have paid for. The total cost to fix all is going to be about 5000.00+ dollars. I have contacted Autonation several times with no response. They are A rated with the BBB. For a company with an A rating, why will you not respond to your customers? Now I will have to go thru the winter months without a heater and summer without AC in a luxury vehicle.