Asurion Insurance Companyfraud

My phone was stolen 10/13/09, I filed a police report and reported it to Asurion. On the 10/21/09 when I went to pay the $85 charge to replace my phone I was told that since my phone service had been disconnected that day I no longer had insurance. I was told that they do not validate the claim from the day of the incident, they validate it when you have all your paperwork completed and even if I paid my phone bill I could not replace my phone because I would be starting with a new insurance plan. This is fraud, if I file a claim with my auto insurance it is validated the date of the accident, if you file a claim with your credit card insurance it is validated effective the date of the qualifying event. My phone service and insurance was paid through the date my phone was stolen it should be honored. The phone number in my complaint is my mother's phone number and she can forward all messages. Thanks to Asurion I no longer have a phone.

• X0
    x06PIG29x Jun 08, 2010

This company is just completely awful in general and a complete scam, not to mention a money guzzler. I have to pay 6 dollars a month and 130 dollars to get a new phone, that's just a completely ridiculous amount of money. If that's not enough, I can't even get the phone I want anymore. Upon calling the company, you have to answer around seven questions from an automated voice which is a time consuming pain. After going throuhg that you have to reconfirm most of your information once you finally get to talk to a real person. And here's my major problem, besides all that, I finally got my phone shipped to me after around a 5 day wait, besides all the trouble that I had with them inbetween that wait (which lasted about a week), but it turned out to be broken. I called them and they were being uncooperative and rude, so I complained to around ten people before I finally got transferred to the office of the ceo and they still wouldn't meet my demands, so I gave up and called t-mobile. I was on the line with asurion for around an hour and a half, yet within ten minutes of talking to a t-mobile representative I was demands were satisfied and they were very pleasant to talk to. Asurion is a waste of time and a horrible company. I cannot stress enough how much you SHOULD NOT GIVE THEM BUSINESS!!