Menu

R
Author of the complaint
2:00 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Almost a year ago I purchased from the Assurance website a Samsung Galaxy A10e cellphone. A few months ago, it sustained water damage. Because it was still covered under a warrantee, I was eligible to have a replacement phone sent to me. Unfortunately, there was quite a delay in getting the phone because it was on BACKORDER. I was also sent a phone of less quality than the previous one I had PURCHASED. Within just a few weeks the Schok Volt SV55 Model SV55216 stopped functioning while connected to its charging cord! I Googled the phone and found only a single ad at eBay selling it for 39.95. It was not even fully charged when it ceased to function. I called customer service only to struggle with the deplorable condition of their phone connection on calls to more than one Assurance agent. Adding to my frustration, they frequently placed me on hold. After all that, they ended up sending me the exact same cellphone with a prepaid envelope to send back the Schok Volt which had no damage whatsoever. After a few short weeks the new Schok Volt completely stopped functioning while I was on a phone call! When I called Assurance from a different phone, I had to call more than once just to get through. After identifying myself with their poor excuse for a voice recognition system, the agent I finally reached asked me for even more information to identify me and to access my account! I was instructed to attempt to change the battery of the cellphone. I already knew that the battery was not REMOVABLE and had a warning that any attempt to remove it could result in injury as well as to void the warrantee. I had to inform the agent of this because he obviously did not know which model phone I had in my possession. I stated that if they intended to send me the same lousy phone that had failed twice, I would find a way of filing my complaint with the appropriate agency overseeing their performance as a company under contract with the Federal Government to provide this service. I was connected to a supervisor who then asked for the same information I had already been asked to provide in order to access my account. I was assured that priority would be assigned to my replacement order and that I was not going to be sent the same model phone. This will be the third phone I am now forced to wait for, who-knows-how-long!

More Assurance Wireless complaints & reviews

Assurance Wireless - Fraud
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Assurance Wireless - Stolen info and hardware
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Assurance Wireless - Terminated service, incompetent customer service, discriminatory practices
10 comments
May 23, 2022 6:18 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Assurance Wireless I activated my "new" phone last Saturday and it immediately stopped working a few hours later. I am disabled and unable to get out of the house to call anyone to have the phone fixed. I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday and the phone worked from the doctor's appointment. So I called 611 told them what was going on they told me that it would be fixed by the time I got back home which is 40 minutes away. I got home and it wasn't fixed. The next day I had another doctor's appointment an hour away, called them again they told me that they were going to transfer me to a different Tower. Got all the way back home and made one phone call it stopped working. This is a medical necessity phone. So I have another doctor's appointment the next day and once again I called them. They then informed me there were outages and it would be another 48 to 72 hours before I had a phone. I asked him why I wasn't told that three days before. It has now been 8 days since I have had a phone. A medical necessity phone.The United States government is paying for my phone line because it is coming out of a federal fund and I have no access to it. The fact that this phone company would leave a disabled person without a phone for 7 days and not do anything about it and insist it's my fault for living where I live which is what I was told on the phone yesterday it's absolutely ridiculous. I have filed a formal complaint with the FCC against Assurance Wireless and against the 611 call center. I hope that something is done about this looking at the number of complaints before me. I don't even know how long I'm going to have to go without a phone before I can replace it with either a landline or a phone that I can afford to pay for. I believe that the United States of America should put Assurance Wireless call centers in the United States of America so when I call there I can understand what people are saying to me. The connection times a horrible trying to get a hold of 611. I'm having to call them from places that are very loud because their phone won't work at home. At least they can do is put someone on the phone who I can understand. I have no problem with they put their call center as long as they put a person on the phone who I can understand. My phone does not emit nor does it receive signals within a 2 mile radius around my house. I have been told it's because of outages but the phone I had before this phone worked fine. I switch my phone over on a Saturday and it didn't work hours later Common Sense tells you it is the phone. So Tina, Maria, Ava, Ken who purposely hung up on me, Benjamin the supervisor who told me it's my fault for living where I live, I hope I don't have a respiratory attack a 3AM because there's nobody here to save me and I can't even dial 911 and I'm scared. I don't want to die. I never should have given up my phone and am no longer in a position to afford a new one.

Apr 19, 2022 9:53 am

My daughter got this piece of crap for me, it gets hot when charging, it's a replacement phone until mine can be fixed, then it goes in the trash, dangerous, could cause electrical fire from charging.

M
Apr 14, 2022 3:09 pm

My mom has the same issue with hers. I've been telling her for years to drop assurance because they keep sending her [censored] phones and their services are [censored] too. She is now taking my advice and switching back to safelink.

Apr 21, 2022 3:12 pm

Same here , in process of dropping Assurance for Safelink. Garbage phones loaded with Chinese malware , and you cannot bring your own , decent phone like Safelink allows.

My phone broke and they want $65 for a phone they won't even tell me what it is !

They do not even have a portal to buy a phone from. Avoid Assurance at all costs.

A
Apr 10, 2022 4:54 am

ok this is scaring me as my volt's port just broke 3 days ago and if y'all are having a crazy time i know i should probably be wary... assurance wireless is really that frustrating?

J
Apr 15, 2022 9:39 pm

I had this phone too and it just stopped working. I will switch to a different phone. It's cheap abs it's junk. Mine was on the charger abd just wouldn't turn in at all.

May 23, 2022 8:22 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Absolutely

M
Mar 14, 2022 6:41 pm

Specifically regarding the charging issue, very similar issue. The device wouldn't charge further or even turn on following about half an hour of the screen flaking out. That included the screen becoming non-responsive to touch, flickering off and on sporadically... and then darkness. That was months ago.

S
Mar 04, 2022 11:22 am

Exact same thing happening to me

K
Feb 24, 2022 6:06 pm

I am going through the same issue, and they are sending me another schok and telling me it is not the same phone that the charging port broke on, but the model information is exactly the same. I was told before it would be a

galaxy or motorola, and before that a cloud or weiko, and given two different order numbers. I just swithed back to assurance after being with truconnect and having nothing but problems and wishing I had not left assurance, just to end up going through 2 phones in less than 2 months.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

266 complaints