Asseenontv.comComapany is a scam

J

I paid this website by credit card to order a x - mas gift for my daughter. I ordered using google shopping online. Shoppershalt charged my credit card but never shipped the product. I have tried contacting them since dec. 23rd, but they have not responded via email or online chat. The phone number listed is out of service. I contacted the bbb and they tell me that the aompany is out of business. They are now using the name asseenontv.com, which is registered to the same address. Google is working to get me a refund but the bbb advises to seek legal advice. The item was not expensive enough for that. Don't order from shoppershalt.com or asseenontv.com.

jen mingle Jan 03, 2008

ooops...on the BBB the other company name is listed as "as seen on tv", not asseenontv.com.

• Ju
    Julie Howard Jan 04, 2008

I ordered three items from this website on December 14th. The money was taken immediately from my credit card (wish I had done the Google checkout). I couldn't look up my order through the tracking link so I contacted them by e-mail. On December 18th they told me not to worry, the items were being shipped out that day. Never received them and now the phone number takes me to a full mailbox, online chat has been unavailable for days and no one will return my e-mails. I am so mad!! I plan on filing a complaint with the BBB but I don't know if it will make much difference if they are out of business.

Jody Bergner Jan 11, 2008

I placed my order on Dec 22nd and they keep telling me they are shipping the order. Now that I know this I will send in to my credit card company the complaint to fight payment for me and get a credit.

We've been had.......

• Ta
    Tammy Harding Jan 17, 2008

I too have been a scammed by Shoppershalt. I placed a order on 11/27/07 and after many compaints to them asking for my products that I ordered or a refund I have received nothing but false promises. I've contacted the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's office - I haven't heard back from either one of them - I also wrote a letter to the police department in Lawrenceville, NJ since that is where Shoppershalt is supposidly located . I feel that they have stolen my money so maybe the police can help. I just don't know where to turn for help - evidentally there is no where.

Maime Jan 31, 2008

I've had the same experience as everyone else who has posted. I ordered on Dec. 8 and my card was charged a few days later. I have had numerous contacts with them. They keep saying they sent it out on a certain date... a different date every time... but I never get it. On Jan. 8, 2008 they promised me a refund. When I didn't get it, I contacted my credit card company. Since they promised me a refund, the credit card company said I must wait until Feb. 8 (a month from the promised refund) to file a dispute.

• Af
    A Frustrated Consumer Feb 04, 2008

I purchased the swivel sweeper on shoppershalt.com on January 24th, and the website promised delivery in 6 days. However, now it is 10 days later, and the website tracking shows that my order has not been processed. The money was taken from my account on the same day that I placed my order. When I tried to contact them by phone, my call was sent to a mailbox that was full of numbers. We left four messages, but none of the calls were returned. Then, we tried to use the live chat, but no operators responded after 20 minutes of waiting. This has been a royal pain in the ### and the worst consumer experience that I have ever had. Please be careful and DON'T USE THIS WEBSITE!!! IT IS A HOAX TO SCAM YOU OUT OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY. We are going to follow the advice of the previous consumers and try to work with our credit card company to get back our money.

• I0
    I'm pissed Feb 13, 2008

Same experience. I am so mad. Those of you how did get a hold of people, how did you get a hold of them? How did you find out your order had supposedly been shipped?
    I need to find out how to talk to these people. If anyone knows, please post it.
    ###in NJ i bet this is some mafia ###.

• I0
    I'm pissed Feb 13, 2008

by the way i looked up their listed address, its a nail salon

• Ha
    Hai Dang Nguyen Feb 14, 2008

I too have been a scammed by Shppershalt. I also placed my order on Flavor Wave Oven on Dec 28th. The money was taken out of my account immediately. Here I am on Feb 14the there is no sign of my Flavor Wave Oven and I tried to contact the number is no good. I'm so mad because after over an hour wait to live chat to get help, but no operators responded and here I'm out $100 but no Flavor Wave Oven.

Please post the information, if you know how to contact peace of ### company. I'm so sorry for all of us, because we have to deal with it.

• Ca
    carol wagler Feb 17, 2008

WOW I wish I would have found this website BEFORE I ordered from these snakes!!!! I only have been taken for 14.99 but it still makes me angry. I called the order # the other day and the guy said I would have to call customer service so here's the yhe # 937-638-2499 I just tried to call the order # 937-237-0800 and it said it had been disc.!!! I've put in a dispute with my credit card and if these people think I will give up they are very much mistaken! what kills me is that they have the BBB plasterd all over their website I will never use this website nor GOOGLE CHECKOUT again!!!! I think google shoud take some ov the blame And does anyone know how I can get in contact with GOOGLE CHECKOUT?

• Am
    Am Feb 20, 2008

This is a scam, have called the number several times and got the full voice mail message, live chat..... same thing... over 2 hours and no one replies.... I have not been charged on my credit card but will fight if this happens. F%^$% website

• Ju
    Julie Howard Feb 21, 2008

There is no way to get in touch with them unless they want you to. I believe they let the voice mail fill up and then just dump them all, so sometimes you can leave a message and sometimes you can't. I have tried the online chat and gotten in contact with someone but as soon as I asked about my order, I got cut off. If you look on other complaint sites, everyone says they hear from 'Nadine' if they get anyone on the chat. I filled out a contact form early on in the process and got a response saying my package had been shipped but that was an obvious lie. Just looked and I last posted here 48 days ago and still don't have my items. I can log into my account but it shows no order history. One day I got it to pull up and it showed it was 'not processed' but that has been it. I have tried to post something everywhere I can find reference to Shoppershalt. I want to save someone else the trouble! I can't believe they haven't been shut down yet. Still looks legit enough to get us all to order from there. My credit card company was kind enough to credit me the money back so it looks like that's going to be the end of my time with Shoppershalt. Good luck to everyone!

Deb Bartley Feb 23, 2008

I ordered Walkfit shoe inserts on 1/19/08; my cc got charged on 1/25/08 and no product was shipped. I have tried phone calls (the mail box is alsways full),e-mail (n0 response), and the chat site (5hrs later it was still telling me someome would be with me shortly. I filed a compalint with BBB they told me contact NJ attorney general at 973-504-6200

Deb Bartley Feb 23, 2008

Call NJ attorney general @ the above number; they will mail a complaint form to you or File a complaint on with the NJ attorney @ http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/ocp/ocpform.htm

• Ca
    carol wagler Feb 26, 2008

I to ordered the walkfit on 1-26-08 I knew that when I had not gotten an e-mail that they shipped after a few days . I have been calling the order line and telling the guy that I wanted a refund at one point he hung up on me. I have filed a dispute with my cc and e-mailed 2 or 3 times a day nothing seemed to do any good so i tried to get a hold of GOOGLE checkout. almost impossible! then I went to GOOGLE BUSINESS then to the PRESS CENTER then clicked on MEDIA CONTACTS (650-930-3555) (or send e-mail) I sent an e-mailI got a response the next morning! And they got me my refund for me. i just got the e-mail today. maybe if everyone contacted google they could shut down these crooks!

Sarah Hickerson Feb 27, 2008

I ordered the Pancake Puff pan ($19.99)on Feb.19th 2008 , the money was drafted from my account on Feb. 22nd 2008 . On the website as of today (2-28-08) it says that my order has not been processed. In additon to that I have tried to email them and call them. No surprise the email was not answered and the phone mail box was full.I wish I had found this website before I ordered from shappershalt.com but I trusted that site since it had BBB plastered all over it. What a Hoax! I am going to file a complaint with NJ attorney general online but I dont know how I will ever get my money back

• Bi
    Binh Apr 03, 2008

Just another complaint like the rest... I ordered from asseenontv.com a month ago and still waiting. I emailed them for status, no response. I called them several times, but never able to get a hold of a live person. How can scums like these guys get away with this?

• Ka
    Kathy Apr 11, 2008

I got ahold of this customer service number, perhaps it will help someone. (800)236-7996

Mandy May 06, 2008

CALL THIS NUMBER 973-638-2499. This is their direct number and someone usually always picks up. Just keep calling, eventually you will get a refund

• Da
    David May 30, 2008

I placed a order for Hot air revo styler on 3rd May 2008 and i received order on 8th may. It's a very fast shipping and good product. I really appreciate their sincerity and commitment towards quality.

• Jh
    jhingare May 30, 2008

The item was just as described! A fine transaction. good service n Quickly ship!!!

Cheri Jun 04, 2008

I ORDERED CORDLESS SWIVEL SWEEPER ON MAY 7 2008 AND I RECEIVED MY ORDER ON MAY 15 2008. VERY FAST SHIPPING AND THE ITEM IS GOOD AS DESCRIBE. ITS WORK VERY NICE. I LOVE IT.

James Beatley Jun 04, 2008

Hi,

Thank you shoppershalt I ordered on this site and received my order within a week.

I am very appreciated with the customer service of this site. So I am happy by order with shoppershalt

Thank you.

• Hi
    Hilda Ryal Jun 04, 2008

I placed a order for Ultimate Chopper on 3rd May 2008 and i received order on 8th may. It's a very fast shipping and good product. I really appreciate their sincerity and commitment towards quality.

• He
    Heather Johnson Jun 04, 2008

I placed a order for Natural Bra Size C Cup on 3rd May 2008 and i received order on 8th may. It's a very fast shipping and good product. I really appreciate their sincerity and commitment towards quality.

• Su
    Suchanun Calvin Jun 04, 2008

I placed an order on this site and received my order on time. The shipping service is very fast and product is very good. I am appreciate by customer service. I am thankful to shoppershalt.

Cheryl Lanier Jun 04, 2008

I placed an order on 20th May and I received order on 27th May. Its very fast shipping service and good products. I really appreciate their sincerity and commitment towards quality.

• Ga
    Gail Peters Jun 04, 2008

I placed a order for walk fit on 3rd May 2008 and i received order on 8th may. It's a very fast shipping and good product. I really appreciate their sincerity and commitment towards quality.

Mary Lou Dolan Jun 04, 2008

i placed an order for Purse Brite Organizer on 8th may 2008 and i received order on 13th may. Its a very fast shipping and good products. I really appreciate their sincerity and commitment towards quality. And thank full to shoppershalt.

• Ru
    russell bryant Jun 04, 2008

I order an item from this guys walkfit and receive within a week.
    So it seems very shipping service. The quality of product is good like how I seen on site. I appreciate these guys service and I want say that just keep contact with this site. I am very happy by using walkfit its really work me. So I thank full to them.

sangcheol kim Jun 04, 2008

I placed an order on May 27th and I received my order on June 2nd.
    I was order scunsi steamer which is working good. I appreciate the quality good towards sincerity.

Jeff Campisi Jun 04, 2008

I placed a order for ultimate scrubber on May 10 and I received my order on May 18. It seems that, the shipping service is fast and product is also good. I really appreciate their sincerity towards quality and received product as I saw on this site. I want to say just keep in contact to this glamour customer service.

• Be
    Betty Rochester Jun 04, 2008

By seeing on tv I placed an order for Samurai shark on May 25 and I am very happy to received this product within a week. The quality of product so good, as I seen on tv. I would like keep contact with them.

• Ji
    Jill Hansen Jun 12, 2008

Company is horrible to work with. I will never order from them and will tell all that I know that this company collects money for items and then never ships. I have waited over two months for a shipment and cannot get anyone to return my phone calls and the emails tell me that Item will be shipped, has been shipped or that there is a delay in shipping. I ended up calling my credit Card company and disputing the charge since I never received the product. My credit card company was very good about canceling my payment. I am still upset about being scammed by this company. Next time I buy online I will research the Company!!!

Denisia Bennett Jul 07, 2008

It was a great experience shopping through this site. I placed other with them and requested for express shipping to get before my son's birthday. And I got on time, surprisingly.

Satisfied buyer, good customer service.

Thank you shoppershalt.com

Not buyinit Jul 17, 2008

It is suspicious that so many people were all of a sudden supporters of the company on ONE day all in a row!!! Gee, I wonder if the company put in testimonials themselves. How stupid do these ### think we are??? There were all complaints before, then a statistically outrageous number of people all of a sudden love the business? Don't be fooled when people try to make you think awful things are popular!

• Vo
    Vosklady Dec 15, 2008

If only I had found this site BEFORE ordering from AsSeenOnTv.com! :(

I placed an order on December 1, 2008. I received a confirmation of my order. Today, two weeks later, I have heard nothing from AsSeenOnTv.Com's customer service department and have not received my order. I've written three times, called numerous times - never getting an actual human on the line just a 'low budget' phone system. My credit card was charged for the total of my order a day or so after placing my order. I was given a UPS tracking number, but when I went to UPS to check the status of my shipment, UPS told me they only had the billing information and tracking number but not my product/order. So, I thought I would wait.

After writing the ASOTV.COM customer service department three times on three different days and getting no response, and after not being able to speak with a human customer service rep. I figured it was time to call my credit card company; which I did do just a few moments before posting here.

The customer service rep for my credit card company understood the problem and filed the dispute accordingly. Apparently, there are a lot of 'junk' web sites out there these days. :( I checked with the BBB online and this site/ company has had quite a few complaints over the past 36 months; I should have looked into this before considering placing an order.

As for the 'surge' of positive feedback on this board regarding AsSeenOnTv.com, I have to agree with the previous poster (Not Buyinit), in that it does seem this company has placed 'trolls' on this board to 'plug' the site. It's quite obvious, I will agree.

Jeff Jul 02, 2009