Ashley Furniturerefused to change delivery date & had to fight to return item

I paid $3000 cash for furniture at the Ashley store on IH 10 in San Antonio. I thought they were great as I am from New England & not familiar with the store until the money was in their hands. I set a delivery date for mid April as I was not sure when I could get into the apartment I was renting and needed to have the rest of my things shipped from New England. I was told by the salesperson that that date could be changed. When I was told that I could have the apartment soon after April 1, I called and was told the delivery date could not be changed and had to sleep on the floor for two weeks. Delivery included a recliner that I was not able to close and when I called to return it I was forced to call the store 4 times and get feisty to be able to return the chair. They offered to send a service technician to look at the chair, but it would have been after the 14 days and if the chair was deemed fine by the technician, I had no recourse, just a chair I could not use as a recliner as I could not close it. The other option was to pay $99 for them to pick it up or rent my own truck to return the chair before my 14 days were up. I opted for the latter and am now out $150 for the truck rental/fuel. They generated a credit memo, but I will have to fight with them to get my cash back to spend it elsewhere. I will not ever buy anything else from Ashley Furniture!!!