Argosy Universitycomplete scam

S

Hello there,

I am a former student of Argosy University who is working with an attorney to gain justice for students who have been victimized by the poor business & unethical practices of Argosy. PLEASE contact me if you have experienced any of the following at an Argosy University campus:

Unexplained failing of courses
Program changes that add to your program with no explanation or inadequate explanation
Improper discipline hearings
Improper termination from your program
Fraudulent recruiting practices
False promises (i.e. that your program is designed to accomplish certain goals but it is not)
Degree programs that are discontinued suddenly

If you or anyone you know have experienced anything like this and has the documentation to prove it, please contact me ASAP at [protected]@gmail.com

• Br
    Breanna L Dec 06, 2011

I attended Argosy as well. I have been trying to find a lawyer for awhile. No luck so far because it is more of a class action lawsuit. Please contact me. i didnt see your contact info anywhere. My email is [protected]@hotmail.com. Thank you

• Sm
    smileygirl Dec 22, 2011

This procedure I really want done is about $6000. I have bad credit and am seriously considering care credit to pay for it because I am so desperate. After reading these reviews I still want to think that these things would not happen to me. Hasn't someone had a good experience when using this company?

• Mi
    Michael LLoyd Washington Sr Dec 27, 2011

I am a graduate student using 100% financial aid for my education expense. upon completing my fourth (4th) graduate glass, I was made aware of a financial aid mistake exucuted by the finacial aid department at Argosy University. This mistake reflects that I owe Argosy $4800.00. Now no one will return my phone calls or e-mails to explain how this could or did happen. I have a 3.60 GPA and now I am forced to choose another university and waist the time and effort and federal money on this bogus university. This is not the end by no means as I will pursue this legally if required. Michael Washington

Terrillk Dec 30, 2011

This is also a complaint with Argosy Univ. (Phoenix Campus) for unethical and unprofessional behavior. I graduated with my MA in Forensic Psychology in Jan 2011. I decided to further my career in their Masters in Clinical Mental Health Program to ultimately get my LPC. I was 11 months into the program before they told me that I couldn't transfer some of my classes from the Forensic Program to the Clinical MH Program. They told me after I submitted my transfer credits in Oct that none would be transfered and I would have to take all the same classes again. Mind you I am on student loans so I just found this completely unethical. I was in the Clinical MH Program 11 months before they did any advising. They took all my student loans and I found out today that now I am not eligible for any more student loans (Masters Level) because of this. I spoke with the DOE and they didn't seem to care where there money was going. Tell me, what idiot would use student loan money to take the same classes I took in my Forensics all over again??? These people are such a rip off. I have also filed a complaint with the AZ Private Postsecondary Education People. They just couldn't believe Argosy did this...

Terrillk Dec 30, 2011

I would love to be involved in the complaints or lawsuits involving Argosy Univ. They are just awful and unbelievable to think that they can get away with what they are doing. They need shut down. If you need me to assist you in anyway please email me at [protected]@yahoo.com

• Sh
    Shana1977 Jan 25, 2012

I'm having issues with argosy also. I just withdrew because I can't never get my financial aid rep to call me back and now they are dragging their behinds in returning my financial and preventing me from attending another college. This school is so unprofessional and rude. You can never get a manager and I hate I choose this school to get my education. I made a complaint with the Arizona state board rep Keith Blanchard.

• Tc
    tcorn46 Mar 07, 2012

Count me in. I have been going round and round with financial aid since October. She is so incompetent its not funny. They have some $4000 jammed up somewhere and cannot find their butts. I withdrew from a class last semester because the instructor was unbearable, they wanted to charge me for 50% of that class, but are supposed to be giving that back and MY STUPID ACADEMIC ADVISER put me back in with the same instructor. I would be happy to join a class action against them!

Mallory1987 Mar 09, 2012

I am seriously looking for help! I have been enrolled since last year around august i was told that I could stop classes and come back after I had my son. They charged me for the whole tuition, I had a financial advisor who has been fired for her lack of know how, I was told they would drop the classes and start fresh and now my tuition is 9, 900 and I have taken 2 classes. Which I was dropped from one because I had my son. They are charging me for classes that were never even on my agenda! I need help PLEASE! email me at [protected]@hotmail.com

• Tc

Union Center Plaza III
    830 First Street NE
    Washington, D.C. 20202
    Phone: [protected]
    Also, you might want to check out that Argosy has just been sued by the Department of Justice for mismanagement of financial aid. It's a mess. I really hope to get my degree and get out. My academic counselors are okay, but it amounts to more smoke up my butt really.

• Tr
    tristameyer Oct 18, 2012

HELP I need more information please I am about to get excepted into this school and they make it sound all very nice whats going on?

• St
    Students4AUjustice Nov 09, 2012

Trista:

I wouldn't if I were you. There's a ton of complaints & very few positive reviews about this school. In the real world, a degree from Argosy doesn't amount to much.

For the rest of you, if you are honestly seeking legal representation, I suggest you start with Alexandra Filutowski at Filutowski Law in Seattle. She helped us get started.

www.filutowskilaw.com

Also, consider filing a complaint with the better business bureau & any watchdog reporters in your area...maybe that will help get the process started.

• Dw
    Dwanette Jackson-Dilworth Oct 29, 2013

I am interested in this compliant. I attended argosy in Sarasota and had got a lot of other people to attend also. I finished everything. Had to redo my comps and I did. My advised was dismissed and there was my help. I was then told that I had no more money and had to pay out of pocket in which I did not have. I went through so much illness, loos of everything death and, when I did pay them off. I was told I had to take more classes. They started me back in the program and when I realize i was paying another 60, 000. i could not do that. I had some more family tradegies they gave me the wronmg books for class and, my doctor said it was to much stress. I send in a letter to drop the classes and then I received a letter resently stating I owe thme 6, 000. I still do not have my degree and they want more money. updated my dissertation and was ready to submit.If Argosy is the only school I have attended why do I have to keep paying. I felt that this has been a degree mill instead of them helping student and now the only thing I have is student loans and they would not even send my transcripts. Yes, I would be glad to be on the law suit because, this is a disgrace to education. I am a minority female, disabled and i truly feel I have been a trumped upon.I am no even able to move up on my job because of this disgrace they have done to me. [protected]@yahoo.com

teenawill71 Mar 23, 2014

PLEASE TELL ME ITS NOT TOO LATE!!! I have letters from Argosy failing to give necessary accommodations for my seizures, emails for failing the comprehensive exam 3 times, & being dropped from the program, but I had no idea where to go who to turn to, everyone thought my story was an exaggeration. Received an "F" from an instructor for disclosing information as to what "I" wanted to do with "my" degree, was asked retake the class to pay another tuition fee.
    I've kept every email and letter from Argosy, dates of phone conversations (cell number of school presidents) and with whom I had the conversation with. Hopefully I'm not to late. PLEASE HELP! I've written the NAACP Argosy, Board of Education, President Obama, Michele Obama, Governors, Mayors of Denver with no avail...
    Teena Williams
    [protected]@aol.com /[protected]@gmail.com
    531 Geneva St #134
    Aurora, CO. 80010
    [protected]

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices