ARCOscam charges

This is my problem, I went to get gas at the ARCO station charged 47.65 was charged a trans. fee of .45 cents which I agreed to, bringing total to $48.10 OK. check my bank statement the next day and I am being charged $100.00 which I am being told is a hold, for 3 to 4 days, now here's the problem I am on a fixed income if I have only $50.00 in the bank after the hold and I want to charge 60.00 it will not go through.this makes everything quite stressful, I was also told that if I go into the station and take care of the bill they won't do this hold thing. What is the difference?? And why don't they inform the consumer what they are doing, there is no sign posted anywhere.

• Ko
    Kooky1 Oct 20, 2010

I too was scammed by Arco ampm gas station. On October 12, 14 & 16, 2010 just recently as a matter of fact I pumped gas at the Arco station in Shafter, ca. on these 3 days. The following monday on the 18th, when I looked at my bank account I noticed that I was being charged by my bank 30.00 per ea. transaction that was going through which in all totaled an amount of 300.00 of curtousey fees by my bank institution. I was told by my bank that there were holds placed on my account that totaled 300.00 because of my transactions coming through by Arco ampm showing the actual amount of gas pumped plus the 100.00 hold for each transaction on each day. How ridiculous is that this is not legal. Per Arco they state that it is their policy to put a hold on accounts of 100.00. What right do they have I did not give them authorization to put a hold on my account, I did not sign any contract or piece of paper for them to do that. This is not right because Arco does not disclose the amount that they put on hold. There has to be something done..!!!Outraged!!!

• Wa
    Walter Wyrostek Jun 13, 2016

Are you kidding me? You charge me a fee for using my debit card? This subsidized industry hasn't taken enough? NEVER EVER GIVE INTO EXTORTION. Will never stop at ARCO again. Words alone can not explain my outrage. Boycott is the power of the people. We act like sheep when allow such practice to continue.