ARCOrude and threatening behavior

P Sep 06, 2018

On Thursday, Sept. 6, 2018 at 2:30 pm I went to the Arco station located at 2031 Palos Verdes Drive North, Lomita, CA. When I went in to pay for my gas there was a "discussion" going on between the cashier, manager (Miran) and an older gentleman. Apparently the gentleman asked for a token for the air and was refused. Things quickly escalated when the cashier told him he couldn't have the token because he was not a customer. The man told him that he has been a customer of the station for over 40 years and he needed to put air in his tires. He was loudly and rudely refused and told to leave. The gentleman asked for the manager's name and was told "Miran". He would not give his last name and the cashier told the man to "Get the [censored] out of here" over and over. I finally requested he not use that language is my presence and the manager took over the yelling. The customer asked where his business license is posted so he could take down some information. The manager loudly claimed he didn't need to show him the damned license. The customer said that the license should be posted. When the manager made a move toward the customer the customer said "Do not put a hand on me." He was obviously in fear for his safety. I should note here that at no time did the customer return the verbal abuse. He just kept explaining that he WAS a customer.
I couldn't believe what I was seeing...over a stupid air token. Something is seriously lacking in your training. That type of behavior should never be tolerated. I will NEVER go near that station again. You should all be disgusted.