Aramex International3 damaged parcels with no follow up

M

This is my experience with aramex gloabal shopper will be posted in terms of an email I sent to the managers after 10 months of worry and stress.

Afternoon to the elusive managers of aramex global shopper,

Foremost permit me to thank Olivia on her wonderful service as she is the only employee thus far in the aramex team who has actually taken the time to listen and show a keen interest in my dilemma. Furthermore I would invite you to read the entire email most carefully as I do plan on sharing my story and experience across my social networks as well as any other platform I can possibly find that will hear and share my complaint even if that forum has to be a courtroom.

Forgive me if this email comes off as scathing but unfortunately I have absolutely nothing good that I can say about my experience. It began on the 30th of March 2016 whereby I received my package with waybill no. *********Upon being handed the package which was wet, and I do not mean damp but rather wet, I asked the delivery man as to the why it was wet, does aramex also do sea shipping? He responded by saying that it was received like this from the warehouse and that I should take it up with aramex global shopper directly, which is what I did. My parcel was water damaged and the products inside also damaged with water and definitely unusable. Yes the entire package was thrown away as nothing could be salvaged! I called aramex where I was sent around in a loop and eventually hung up on (which has happened countless time) and I sent an email complete with pictures of my damaged item to Dylan Benatar who promised to take it up with his risk manager on the 28th of April 2016. Why I had to wait so long for the matter to be pushed ahead is what the managers might be able to tell me. Throughout this email all pictures and correspondence are saved by me, so if you at any time need proof of the shocking service that I have received please feel free to request them after a courtesy call. On the 4th of May I sent another enquiry email to Dylan who responded by saying that he had just sent another email to the risk manager for an update. Why I had to call to follow up is beyond me as isn't it the job of your employee to update me on my case regularly?

On the 11th of May I sent yet another email to Dylan as I had not received any email since our last correspondence and to my dismay I received no response.  To my utter horror I received yet another package from aramex waybill no:********** on the 17th of May where the products had been removed from the bubble wrap, taken out of its packaged box and not placed back, either in the box or in the bubble wrap and alas my products once again came shattered. At this time I had still not received any update on my previous package and so very patiently I sent another email on the 17th of May to Dylan requesting yet again another update and with information of this new damaged package I had just received. Dylan very quickly transferred me over to Vusi and thus began my correspondence with Vusi on the 17th of May whereby I sent pictures and details of how my damaged parcel had arrived. On the 31st of May Vusi informed me that he will be taking up both of the damaged parcels with his risk manager. On the 1st of June I once again emailed Vusi with regard to the packages and I received no response. So I decided to phone aramex and thus began my daily calls to aramex. One would think I had nothing better to do with my time. If your servers do not have the call log, do not worry I have my call log with aramex saved, complete with how many minutes I would stay on the line each time I called since the 1st of June.

On the 13th of June after another telephonic conversation with Vusi I uploaded the invoices of the two packages he had asked for. Waybill no: ********** was worth $32 and waybill no: ********** was worth $37.50 . After a few more telephonic conversations that led nowhere and a few email correspondences over the course of 6 months my matter has led nowhere. Each time I was promised a follow up or a payment and yet I received nothing. On the 5th of September I received another parcel with waybill no:********** which arrived out of its bubble wrap and protective packaging. This for me was the last straw. I emailed Vusi once again and he was out of office. I phoned everyday until he was back and he promised to take it up with his risk manager and confirmed receipt of my email with the pictures. I had a few more email correspondences with Vusi on the dates 26th, 29th September, 3rd, 14th October, 4th, 8th, 11th, 21st November and telephonic conversations atleast 4 times a week beginning on the 4th of June right up until today.

Today I am finally exhausted of the terrible service your supposed world renowned company has shown. I have been waiting for a month for a manager to call but I suppose there are more important issues than a disgruntled customer who has been expending her time and energy since March for what is her right as a consumer and customer under the Consumer Protection Act. Due to your negligence with customers I stopped using aramex global shopper completely after the last damaged parcel. Before that, my account will attest to the fact that I was a regular customer who used your services several times a month. Since then I have found a company who is more efficient with their customer service and responds to all queries and concerns within 24 hours.

• Ab
    Abdulla Sayed Oct 24, 2018

Good day Lebo

Attached is the email with POP sent to three recipients of your international company..

Kindly provide me with a detailed explanation of this inefficiency?

This has delayed the use of the product and for the event that it was ordered for..

Kindly see to it that you prioritise this delivery, as it has become an oversight on your staff.

Awaiting your positive feedback.

Regards

A.Sayed

• Mr
    mr.meangreencleanmachine Mar 02, 2017

Afroze? What are you doing wasting your time selling these products you ordered online..you should have rather went and studied medicine in China. Obviously moving from Newcastle to Durban to study law at ukzn is too boring for you. If you could just stop showing off sooo much with that "im in final year and got a opinion about everything" attitude, maybe you would get better service by just being nice. Think about it.