Applebee's — bad food, bad service, mandatory gratuity
My husband and I made the mistake of going to a local Applebee's for dinner last evening. We ordered our food and then waited an exorbitant length of time until our food arrived and my order was wrong. My husband was almost finished with his meal by the time my orange chicken bowl arrived. The quality of the food was less than mediocre but not nearly as disappointing as the arrival of the bill which included a mandatory 15% gratuity for our server. I probably would have given her a tip in any case as I know how hard these kids work; I do, however, resent having it tacked on automatically. The new CEO who had so much success in turning IHOP around needs to redouble her efforts with Applebee's or it is destined to be the next Bennigan's.
More Applebee's Complaints & Reviews
- Applebees - poor customer service and management!
- Applebee's - unfairly treated employee
- Applebees - bad customer service and food!
- Applebees - Unprofessional employee relationship
- Applebee's - no bread or rolls
- Applebee's Restaurants - employee complaint
- Applebee's Restaurants - overall experience
- Applebee's Restaurants - product and service
- Applebee's Restaurants - online order and curbside delivery
- Applebees - management