Having problems with Apple?

Apple reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 21, 2006. The latest review iPhone was posted on Apr 20, 2021. The latest complaint itunes downloads was resolved on Oct 28, 2015. Apple has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 195 reviews. Apple has resolved 57 complaints.

Apple Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 692 7753 (Apple Online Store)
+1 408 996 1010 (Headquarters)
+1 408 974 2042 (Apple Media Helpline)
+1 888 840 8433 (Apple Software Upgrade Center)
1 Infinite Loop Stop 90-2L
Sat5:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun5:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Apple Complaints & Reviews

Applei-tunes gift card

I purchased an i-tune gift card at a grocery store in town. I scratched off the label, as instructed gently using a coin, and 2 of the letters/numbers were unreadable. So I contacted Apple and they said I had to fill out forms for a refund and send it in. I said there is a card number on the back. Isn't there a way to pull up the code? They really need better ways to have the code printed on the back of the card. Too many people have had the same problem and they know you are not going to take the time to fill out forms to mail in for a refund. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, fix your code listings on the back of your cards!!!

Apple Computermy computer won't power up

I was having trouble powering my iMAC up. I looked on the net and found justanswer.com.
    I put my card and personal info into the website. At this point I had neither written about my problem or spoken to anyone about it.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm which I wanted an answer.But I then checked my bank account and $48 had been taken out. Again, this money went out before I had any contact with sn

Apple Inc.fraud and scam

We purchased as $699 US crappy ipad equipment, it blocks, halts, overheats, and flashes whenever it wants, we have tried to use it for days but it is only unreliable, it does not connect properly, is blinks on and on, until we just had enough. So we went to Aventura mall where it was purchased for some form of support or even a simple refund on this crappy item. But we were surprised, by this band of robbers, this organized crime company, that instead of serving us properly, to offer some form of solution, to even see the multiple problems of the thing, they simply made us wait for a few minutes and then we realized it was because they called the police on us to escort us out of the premises. We even filed a report against the attendant named KELLY.

The serial on the ipad is:

GB019AQ7A90 model A1337

[protected]

Then you may think apple would care, but no, we called public relations of apple, some person named "CARRY" answered, she promised to correct the problem, to talk to the people at the store and provide some form of solution, but no, nothing happened for days, then we called again and she said there is nothing they can do...

So if they took our money, they gave us a piece of faulty equipment, they refuse to answer for the guarantee and the deny service, I call it a simple robbery.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM APPLE, THEY GIVE ALL KINDS OF PROBLEMS, INCOMPATIBLE TECONOLIOGY, WORST SERVICE, HIGH PRICED CHINA MADE CRAP, NO LOYALTY TO WHO EVER TRUST THEM.

I WILL GO ON, TO THE AUTHORITIES, AND TO THE MEDIA, BECAUSE REGARDLESS THIS PIECE OF CRAP THEY CALL IPAD.

APPLE STORE WHICH BELONGS TO APPLE INC. CAUSE ME AND MY HUSBAND (75YR OLD) TO BE ESCORTED BY THE POLICE, SO THEY WILL BE CALLED BY OUR LAWYER SOON, AND WE WILL SHOW EVERYBODY THE SCAM BEHIND THIS "GARAGE" COMPANY NAMED APPLE.

• Da
          Damler Mar 30, 2012

Yesterday I changed my AT&T plan from pre-paid to post-paid because Apple store in Pentagon City Mall told me we have "iPhone 4s" available for you as AT&T upgrade. But when I went back there they said me you should reserve it for tomorrow. So I did it and today I went there again to pickup my iPhone, but they said me we need your ID. I gave them my foreign passport and my Green Card, but they don't accept those documents as proof! They said we need your ID of driving license. So I want complaint about this policy of Apple Inc. that cause I lost money (because my prepaid charge was able till 11/27/2011 but because Apple store wrong answer I lost about $33). And 3 weeks delay to receive my iPhone.

Samilio Sep 27, 2011

Apple's Snow Leopard operating system upgrade is offered at $29.95, but will be included with all new purchases. Those who purchased after 6/8/09, the date the upgrade was announced, may receive a discount of $20.00 on this upgrade. Having purchased a new IMAC on 6/6/09 I believed the discount should be extended. After speaking with numerous customer service reps I was told there was nothing that could be done. In contrast, when Windows upgrades their operating system you can upgrade free. This complaint is a matter of principle, the shortsightedness of Apple's supposed 'customer friendly' reputation does not extend to satisfying customers over simple matters such as this. I am frustrated, upset, and will now continue to let all who want to hear how poor this company's attitude is to their customers.

JacD54 Feb 05, 2010

I loved Apple...until now. I have had my iPhone and ipod both for about a year. I noticed the other day that the white charging cord that comes with each device had a defect. The rubber which encases the cord's electrical wire was tearing and seperating from the USB plug on one cord and the plug that is inserted into the Apple device on the other cord. The bare wire is exposed!! I called Apple and told that it was not an fire hazard. Yeah right! They told me to go to the local Apple Store to exchange it. I went to the Apple store and they told me that they would order me a new cord and that it would take a few weeks!! Although they had a display of 30 cords in the store, they couldn't give me one because they were "sellable". What does that mean? If I took a gallon of milk back to the store because it was sour, would it be acceptable to turn the customer away and say that they would call me when they had received more milk in when there was a whole friggin' case of it in the store?!?! The charging plugs are a clear product design defect that should be addressed. The customers who have experienced this issue should not be given the run around and should get a replacement IMMEDIATELY. Why risk the exposure and bad press if one of these cords starts a fire or causes a death? I was going to buy a Mac Book Pro computer...now I'm going to have to reconsider!!

Apple Iphone 4 — iphone 4 is non-serviceable

As a 20 year avid Mac user and technician, it really pains me to write this- especially since I know the...

Apple - iStudio at The Paragonappalling service

iStudio staff are rude, avoid anyone with a problem and then try and avoid making replacements under the Apple warranty schemes.

They lie about warranty issues in the hope that you will buy a replacement.

I have just had to stage a 'sit in' to get my three month old magsafe adaptor replaced after it failed and was tested by iStudio and found to be faulty.

I was advised that it would have to be repaired then replaced in a week then a few days. I was offered an old one as a replacement and finally after I refused to sign a very dubious document or to leave the store I was given a straight replacement which they should have done in the first place.

I guess they thought I was a rich foreigner so would just buy a new one. WRONG!

They have a great scam. They outsource the service and warranty to a separate provider and then they can offload all problems on the spot. Sorry iStudio but you don't get out of it that easily.

They should be reported to the authorities in Singapore as operating a scam.

• Da
            dagaga Nov 09, 2013

the iStudio in Siam Paragon sucks, they are rude and refuse to listen to the problems of costumers. They don't even make an afford to listen to our problems.

Appleundelivered macbook

I bought an Apple Macbook Pro Laptop online. And sent it to a friend who lives in USA. Apple sent the lap top with Fedex, and Fedex delivered the product to the security guy at the address. He never received the lap top.

From the building's security cameras it could be seen that Fedex did not deliver the package, but received a signature from the security guy. (They delivered some more packages but received one electronic signature for all of them) Probably the security guy did not count the boxes.

Fedex has a signature. The security guy doesn't claim delivering the package to the apartment.

In the end I paid for the Lap Top and I never received it.

I spent hours of time talking to all those people from Apple, Fedex, Security guy and the property management. I went to police.(I was there back then) I wrote to BBB. I did everything I could do.

First of all Fedex was not my choice, It was Apple's. Fedex delivered the box to the security person, not the name and address. Although the name at the delivery address was at home. The security guy says he doesn't remember receiving the package.

I blame Apple for working with a parcel firm that delivers packages to other people instead of delivering it to the person at the address. I paid Apple. I want my money back.

Apple Storecharged $199.00 for simple glass change

My first Iphone. I have 5 lines on the account and was going to get iphones on all 5. Until now. The glass was cracked and other than that the phone worked fine. Nothing else was wrong, just the glass. The guy replaced the little piece of glass in 2 minutes and charged me $199.00. That's right folks $199.00. I found out later that's what you charge, regardless. So the next time I want to be screwed, I'll know where to go. I am going to post this on all feedback sights so maybe somebody else won't get screwed. I already called ATT and told them. I also have a company account with ATT.

• Be
                Bessie Staley Dec 10, 2013

ipad was purchased sept 2017, battery will not charged when connected to charger. I'm not sure if its the battery, charger or if the ipad itself needs to be replaced. Model#M736. SN.HQ20JHADIHAAJ [protected] my e-mail address is [email protected] Thanks in advance for your assistance in correcting this problem.

• Pa
                Paulo Messina Jul 02, 2013

Hi,

FOUR days ago, I was trying to make a in-app purchase with my Apple iPad and got the message: "Purchase Could not be completed, for assistance contact iTunes Suppor at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww/".

I opened a ticket at the website, as instructed. Almost a DAY later i got a response that they were looking into the matter, but it "looks like a transaction failed to process". I said it was impossible, there was enough available limit on the credit card.

But anyway, based on that feedback (AND I HAVE ALL THE E-MAILS), I bought pre-paid iTunes cards, total of US$ 300.00, and redeemed them into my account. The balance is now US$ 304.24. Then I changed the credit card option to NONE, so to be sure they would use my ALREADY paid money.

Surprise, same result. The truth is account is blocked. It was never a credit card issue.
                The point is, the DAYS are passing and I got no solution so this SIMPLE matter. Total lack of respect and consideration towards the customers, that's a shame, Apple!

I have money spent on that, and I have my rights to use it! If you have a credit card, NEVER NEVER give your money to Apple to use it later. I'm sure I'll never make that mistake again.

Also, is there anyone that could give me a legal advice as what can i do now, since they're not solving the matter?

Thanks!

• Th
                The Retail Action Project Jun 26, 2012

Last year Apple generated over $16billion in revenue and despite having more stores per square foot than Tiffany's pay their employees only $11.91 compared to Tiffany employees at $15.60. Apple employees simply aren't getting their fair share of the profits despite such high expectations and their consistent efforts in exceeding goals. Are you employed at one of the Apple stores? Fed up with low wages and a lack of respect? Do you know your rights as a retail worker? If you are having difficulties at work or need help to advance in your career contact the RETAIL ACTION PROJECT now for FREE ADVICE AND WORKSHOPS on the retail industry at [email protected], 646.490.5925 or visit our website www.retailactionproject.org

• Ru
                Ruchne May 02, 2012

My iPhone 3Gs stopped working after 11 months of use. I called the apple tech support where they charge $30 to help make sure its not a simple problem. I hesitantly obliged knowing it wasnt a simple issue and figuring I wouldnt be charged when they found this to be true. Tech support has you hold down a couple buttons at the same time (which I already tried 20+ times myself.) So, they couldnt remedy the issue and I was told I would have to apply for a refund of the $30 since it was a problem w/ their product.

I told her I didnt want to apply for a refund, I just wanted her to cancel the transaction then and there. She said he would, yet the charge is still on my statement. I wish this is where my complaint ends but it’s far from over. The technician told me there were a few ways to replace the phone, most cost more money and time without a phone. I chose to go into a apple store so they could replace it for me free of charge. Of course they set an appt for you not knowing if the store even has the product on hand.

I asked if she could find out ahead of time to save me time and gas. She told me sshe could not dial out from her office and that I would have to call on my own. After spending $30 for absolutely zero help, this really pissed me off. So I took a deep breath and hung up w/ her and called the store. After a 15 minute wait on hold a representitve answered only to tell me they cant look up what products they have in stock and I’d just have to come in and hope it worked out. If they didnt they could send me to another store or order one for me.

This is the MOST ridiculous thing I have ever heard! I dont have a working vehicle at the moment and this is a HUGE inconvenience to me! Not one bit of descent customer service in the whole company. I am appalled at the success of this horrible company. Shame on them!

• Ar
                arubino99 Apr 28, 2010

Yup, it's expensive. You're asking for a piece of glass to be replaced on a device that costs $600. Yes, you may have paid less for yours due to subsidies from AT&T. But it still COSTS $400-600 somewhere along the line.

It's also APPLE.
                You PAY for APPLE.
                It's their store. It's their hardware. It's locked to the service of their choice (AT&T).

Did you ask what the replacement fee would be before you had it replaced?

I don't really find this complaint legitimate. If you had asked the replacement fee, were told a different amount, then charged a higher rate, I would find merit.

My advice: seek alternative cell phone solutions that aren't locked down to a single provider/manufacturer. Apple is not for you. Apple is for people that buy a special import car that only one dealer in their state sells. It's shiny, it looks cool, it performs well, but when it breaks... you gotta go back to that SAME dealer and pay his repair rates. And gauranteed, he'll overcharge for his services because he's the only one that can do it. Same with Apple.

Also, complaining to AT&T is meaningless. They are the PROVIDER OF SERVICE, not the MANUFACTURER.

COMPLAINT DISMISSED.

• Di
                dia3766 Apr 07, 2010

ouch that is a expensive piece of glass, hopefully you can get the issue resolved

• Gu
                gUidon Aug 29, 2009

If you have no other electronics store you can go to and have only this one as an option, only then you should go to the Apple Store in Atlanta, GA. Please avoid this store at all costs. I expected the staff at Apple to be very friendly and calm but I was totally wrong. I expected way more than they are or can ever be. They are not at all helpful. Whenever you go to them for help they say that they are busy and give an excuse so that they can do what they. They are too busy among themselves to help anyone or answer any questions. When ever I went up to them they looked surprised and that surprised me coz that's their job that's what they are paid for to help me and you. But they have no idea what they are there for. The only time they are attentive is when a customer leaves the store. The staff is unhelpful and not friendly.

Apple Mac Notebook & Ipodnon delivery by ems

An EMS parcel containing Laptop and IPod shipped from Shanghai, China was sent on 7.2.2010 through EMS vide No. EE277879334CN to my address 18-A, Old Mussoorie Road, Rajpur, Dehradun, India, 248009. However, the item is yet to be recieved by me though online tracking and queries to your customer care has revealed tat the item was duly recieved at Mumbai sorting centre and forwaded further to Delhi centre. It is from Delhi centre that the item is now not being tracked and not delivered to me. Kindly help me in getting my shipped items for which i have already paid in full. Thanks

Isaac
              [protected]@yahoo.com

Details as under:
              Online Tracking EE277879334CN

Your item was released from Customs(REPUBLIC OF INDIA MUMBAI PAR) at [protected]:55:00

Timing Site Status
                [protected]:25:00 SHANGHAI Posting
                [protected]:28:00 SHANGHAI Despatch from Sorting Center
                [protected]:03:42 SHANGHAI Arrival at Sorting Center
                [protected]:52:04 SHANGHAI Despatch from Sorting Center
                [protected]:45:00 REPUBLIC OF INDIA MUMBAI PAR Arrival at Sorting Center
                [protected]:55:00 REPUBLIC OF INDIA MUMBAI PAR Released from Customs

Apple Computer Inc.apple customer support

I had a rotten experience yesterday with the battery for my personal MacBook, and I think it will be my last. The computer is less than a year old and turns itself off when the battery power drops to 66%. The "genius bar" was staffed by a bunch of persons who looked and acted like they were teenagers full of caffeine, and no one could be bothered to check if the problem was actually my battery or my computer. They were rude, in a tremendous hurry, and did an overall terrible job of providing anything like customer service. The entire story is posted at: http://earthlyhappenings.blogspot.com/2010/02/customer-service-reviews-apple-store.html

mashny Jan 01, 2020

The new Apple Books is terrible. lt looks pretty but is much less functional than the program under iOS 12.

With the icons as large as they are there is no room for the four-across/shelf view, leading to a claustrophobic feeling, and an inability to proprely view your library. You need to bring back the ability to view your books in such a manner

joe2113 Jun 23, 2019

How is it that these updates take upwards of 30-45 min to push through. For a normal everyday customer it may be tolerable but for someone who sells your products this is a huge inconvenience and waste of time.

• Ta
                    Tayla sjoberg Dec 12, 2018

I purchased a iPhone 6 Plus 4 months ago from Fulham gardens target and the phone is faulty the Battery is close to exploding the screen is popping out and they are refusing to help absolutely ridiculous I've had a second opinion from a phone expert and they said it was the battery and to be careful it may explode. Very unhappy customer!

macosxmac Aug 30, 2010

You say that it unbelievable that they are so hi tech and they couldn't get your order right, when you previously specified that it was difficult ordering it. Maybe you couldnt understand their website properly and made an error. Apple's online store is very simple to use and order from. One thing I noticed you say was the amount of time that you were on hold for, Apple is a busy company you know, and they have to deal with numerous consumers also.

• Lu
                    Lumpy Dec 13, 2006

My sister ordered my daughter an iPod online and this is what she had to say about the experience:
                    I can't believe how difficult it was ordering the thing! I should complain to Apple.

I've never had such a hard time. Between the questions it asked regarding the county it was going to, and the signature requirement I just about gave up. They even phoned me this morning because they said there was some confusion regarding what was the billing address and what was the mailing address, although when I gave him the information he put me on hold for 15 minutes! I was able to fold a load of laundry, make my bed, brush my teeth and apply my make-up while on hold! When he got back on the phone he didn't give a reason for keeping me waiting and said everything was fine. Maybe they suspected I was using an unauthorized credit card or something. Anyway, they just sent me an e-mail saying the product has been shipped. On the address they sent it to they didn't put the name of the company, even though I had submitted it with the order. So, be on the look-out as it is just being sent to xxxxx. I assume that your company is the only one in that suite, but it is really unbelievable to me that they are so high tech and they weren't able to get anything with my order right.

Apple Online Store — credit card fraud

Discover card statement had two large charges from apple online store Ca. 1st charge was $1, 200.00 the 2nd...

Apple Ipod Touch 32 Gbloss of items check in baggage

To
                  Emirates Airways
                  Baggage Services
                  Dubai, UAE.
                  Ref : -Flight No. EK 528, Date : 02-01-2010, Seat No. 35 K, 35 J. Dubai to Hyderabad.
                  Sub: - Loss of items in Hand/Check in Baggage.
                  With reference to the above details we wish to inform you that we have travelled from Dubai to Hyderabad as per above details. We are very happy with the services given by you throughout our journey (Hyderabad-Dubai-Mauritius-Dubai-Hyderabad).
                  When we made check in at Dubai we gave 4 pieces as check in baggage which we received at Hyderabad airport in a very safe and good condition.
                  Before boarding in Dubai airport on 02-01-2010 we have purchased 2 pieces of Apple Ipod Touch 32 GB Generation 3 at 1011 C2 Mobiles-Cameras at Dubai Duty Free, worth of DH 2550 and Few chocolates at 1004 C2 Food Plus and Toys – west, worth of DH 908. We kept these items in a Zip bag which is unlocked. When we entering into the aircraft at aero bridge we are asked by your staff that this hand baggage is over size and we are asked to make this bag as check in baggage. Though we are not interested we are forced to do that. We are given a tag also no. EK 772043.

When we came down to Hyderabad we received the bag also. From Hyderabad we came to our place which is 500 KMs away from Hyderabad on 03-01-2010 morning. Then we opened the luggage we came to know that 1 piece of Apple Ipod Touch 32 GB and few chocolates are missed. We cannot digest ourself why this is happened in renowned emirate airways.

I am requesting you to enquiry in this matter and do the needful. I am having all the boarding cards, baggage slip, bills also. Further if you require any information I can able to provide you.

Expecting an early reply.

Thanking you,

Yours,

G S V Amarendra

Appleawful quality products

Like millions of others that were drawn by the Apple Iphone, I bought mine in Aug '07 and in addition to the phone purchased a 3 yr (extended) warranty plan. A few days ago my phone stopped working altogether and when I took it to the Apple store, I was told that the phone was water damaged as indicated by the indicator. Therefore my warranties would not hold and I would have to buy a new phone. I found that to be a ridiculous technical judgement (and service) because having owned the phone I know that the worst case contact with water could be a slight drizzle that escaped from the sides of an umbrella. And that is expected to be weathered by any phone. My blackberry never failed me all these years!

Why would I ever buy an Apple product when today I lost all my faith in the company. I believe they are cheating millions of people with a product that looks cool without honoring their commitments to repair faulty devices. They even hire 'cool' looking people at the store. For what? It's all about looks...looks that cloak bad customer service. Today I also realized another thing - I know the IPhone will not last as the hottest selling phone...It lacks what the Blackberry and Nokia learnt long ago - good customer service.

macosxmac Aug 30, 2010

Awful quality products?! - first I have heard of it! Apple products have a superior standard. Maybe you just had one of those rare devices that do not function properly. millions of people are happy with their Apple devices, so that just shows you that Apple's products are not the awful quality you speak of. Maybe you personally don't like Apple, but that doesn't mean their products are bad quality.

• We
                        Well Travelled May 17, 2010

I personally don't have and have never had a single apple product for myself. But there are 7 kids about me that use these products, i pod, i phone and laptops. - I gotta tell ya, those products get a bashing, beating, thrown, dropped, spilled upon, screen slapped hard down closed, and much more!

lol

So, I think sometimes, some people unfortunately, do get a glitch and when the customer service is not up to scratch and problems occur, it doe slook bad. I see a few complaints on here about apple, but often the service warranties are not done by apple but by sub contractors, sound like you had a bad experience.

I honestly think overall for the millions and millions of products that Apple distribute, sell & maintain, there will be a few complaints. You can please some of the people most of the time, but you can definitely not ever please all of the people all of the time.

Anyhow, hope it all gets sorted.

Good luck :)

Apple iMacmisleading ads

On Tues, Nov. 17, 2009..I foolishly clicked on an ad to try a new iMac for free:

"Get a MacBook Air-in the color of your choice-FREE
                      with Reward Offer Purchases"
                      Of course my focus was on the words "FREE" and "reward" instead of the word "purchases"

I clicked through the links of typing zip code, email addy, home address, home phone, and yes, bank acct #(Luckily I used my old acct that is about to expire in a few months). Within an hour the phone was ringing with telemarketer calls..calling from one to 5 times an hour till about 9PM, and the process started all over again today. Today I am trying to undo the damage and hopefully save myself from having my acct drained and my credit score ruined.
                      I will detail the Reward Offer Purchases in their each own separate complaint forms
                      Note to self ~~"This is to remind me that the price of FREE on the internet has already cost me $20"
                      and I am posting these complaints so that hopefully it can remind others before they pay for "FREE"

• RaVen Blackehart Feb 24, 2011

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Apple Iphone 3gs – 32gb — my store limited is scam. fraud theft company

SOMETHING WHICH NEEDED TO BE DONE TO STOP THIS MY STORE LIMITED SCAMS !!!. I have been buying variou...

Apple Macbook Promacbook pro is unstable and bad for business!

I've always been a Windows based PC user, however after repeatedly seeing Apple ads about how much better a Mac is compared to a PC, I decided to purchase a Macbook Pro and give Apple a shot. Actually that is not entirely correct. The fact that my old computer (which was a Sony Vaio laptop) was a total piece of crap might have had something to do with it as well. By the time I purchased the Macbook, I was missing a few keys on the keyboard and the casing for my Vaio was breaking into three pieces. Not to mention, my battery completely died and I had to keep the damn thing plugged into a socket all the time to get any use from it at all. So by the time I got my Macbook, I felt like I really didn't even have a Sony laptop anymore; it was more like a crappy Sony desktop (Just for the record I actually treated my Sony laptop pretty good, and this was normal wear and tear that caused my ### computer to fall into pieces). <br />
                        <br />
                        So yea annoyed at the build of my Sony laptop, I go into a Bestbuy and buy my Macbook Pro right there on the spot. Thinking to myself that after this purchase I'm going to be in high tech heaven and all my problems are going to just go right away. Much to my dismay, I would find out that the Macbook severely limits business users, and if you actually have to access specialized programs and websites for your work, purchasing a Macbook, atleast for now, is not be a very good idea. <br />
                        <br />
                        Now, I don't like to sit here and give computer companies a bad name for no reason at all. I do like a few things about my Macbook Pro. First it looks really shiny and cool. I was even getting envious looks from the Bestbuy cashier who checked me out. She even went so far as to tell me that she had a Windows PC because the Macbooks were so out of her league (because they are more expensive than Windows based computers). I felt really good there for a second, hah. So in addition to the look of the Macbook, it is built way better than my Sony Vaio. It feels sturdier and it doesn't have a cheap plastic casing holding all the parts together. <br />
                        <br />
                        However, as I spent more time with my Macbook Pro after I brought it home, I realized that what I bought wasn't cut out to be all that the Apple ads had promised. First of all since I use my Macbook for my company, I get a lot of use out of it. It's on for quite a few hours during the day because almost everything at my company happens on a computer. Everyday I seem to have to reboot my machine because it starts acting funny if I don't . In comparison, I only had to reboot my windows computer every few days. Second, a lot of websites don't even work with the Safari Web browser that they have installed on the Macbook Pro. I can't access two very important websites that I need to use for my work from my computer. They are not compatible with the Safari web browser (thank God I have a spare Toshiba windows based laptop lying around). Third, during my spare time I like playing online yahoo games. Often times while I'm playing a game online, my safari web browser just suddenly crashes and the whole screen just goes white. That almost NEVER happened on my windows based Sony computer (even though it was built like total crap). Fourth, I have noticed that everything downloads slower on my Safari web browser when I go to any website on the net. Even on my crappy Sony laptop, stuff used to download faster. <br />
                        <br />
                        So together all these issues are causing me a LOT of grief, and I am VERY technologically dysfunctional at my work. Until Apple clears up some of these issues, or I guess eventually down the line web developers start making applications and programs that are compatible with both the Apple and Windows based web browsers, I do not recommend that professional, working people buy Apple computers as their primary computing machines.

• Ka
                            Kamal 3142 May 12, 2013

Dear sir,

This complaint of mine is to the apple technical team wherein i want to state that i have bought an Apple notebook mac book pro i7 in 2012.
                            This machine was under warranty for one year and i respect the warranty policy but my mac book started some OS problem in the initial 9 months and i took it otherwise. later after about 2 more months my laptop used to hang after every 10-15 seconds. when i went to an apple center, the guy at the technical center seen my laptop and said this is a normal problem and advised to format my laptop with the genuine OS which came with the Mac book.

And i did as per the advice given to me by the technical assistant and the Apple center But now after 3 -4 months i am facing the same problem and now the warranty is void.

When i am trying to put a complaint on the apple official site it is showing that my technical assistance is expired, i know it is expired but i just want to raise a complaint to the apple technical team that i bought mac book instead of buying HP and DELL just because of the brand name but never expected that this machine is only waste of money and time because only in 9-10 months it started screwing my head.

Earlier i have used HP Compaq 6710b series business laptop and it is such a fantastic machine even after 5-6 years it is working properly.

Its my humble request to the Apple team that please do the needful because now i cannot pay more for this system problem in my Mac book.
                            and its not that i am using the machine in some harsh conditions and i never ever thought that an Apple machine will become problematic like this.
                            My Mac book series no. is C02FTD9LDH2H. I know that Apple is one of the best brands in the world but what is the fun in having an Apple product if the customer is not happy after buying it.

please do the needful
                            Regards,
                            kamal mehra
                            [protected]/[protected]

• He
                            HersheyPhoto Jun 12, 2011

I have to preface everything I am about to say with the fact that in my lifetime of 26 years I have ONLY ever used Macintosh computers. We got our first mac when I was 5 in 1989 and I got my own mini mac in the early 90's. Since those beginnings I have become not just a macuser, but an adamant shopper with Apple. I have purchased 4 iPhones from them (3 full price), 2 computers, endless software and updates, and an iPad. I have always loved their customer service and felt good about the relationship I was developing with them over the years. I own a successful photography company and am at the point where I am expanding every year, and a big part of that is purchasing more hardware like computers and other products Apple offers, but I am at the point that I'm starting to believe the expense and "customer service" are not really what they say them to be.

My first complaint goes back to a few months ago. My DVD drive - which as a photographer who needs to burn images for clients - I use often, and it just suddenly quit on me. I sent it into apple in January and I did not test it right away when it came back — because I assume that anything I send to Apple is going to come back fixed when they say they have fixed it, and I do not need to test for shoddy workmanship. This was not the case. And during my slow season in the early spring I did not realize I had a problem until a few weeks ago. I was receiving the same error and having DVDs rejected (regardless of the make, I have many different brands in my house) and it was only working about 25% of the time. I got one to burn finally and sent it to my client, who later called to complain that the DVD he received consisted solely of corrupted JPGs which upon loading in the finder crashed his whole computer. I called Apple, prior to hearing about the corrupted DVD, and was told, "You just need to burn the CDs and DVDs at a lower speed." Okay - so I purchased a 3 year warranty and your answer to me is that the computer has capabilities listed that I actually shouldn't be trying to use? I have to say also that the man I spoke with, who was a supervisor, was incredibly curt with me and I felt a little slighted that that was his response. However, I don't really have time in the summer with weddings and graduations to send my computer off to be fixed for two weeks, so I just hoped that this would work. It hasn't, and I can't even burn a CD in iTunes at the lowest speed. I called AGAIN and reluctantly I was told by another supervisor who made me feel like she was doing me a huge favor by letting me resend something in that never was fixed, that I could once more send my computer in and she would kindly email me her contact information. I WAS NEVER CONTACTED POST-PHONE CALL. Which means in the midst of making phone calls to clients and the likes I have to call Apple back again, wait for an available supervisor, and deal once more with a rude personality that acts like I'm somehow trying to take advantage of the system.

In addition, I rarely keep projects I'm working on or music on my hard drive on my computer, but use an external drive. I noticed that there was about 40GB of space that I could not account for. After running DiscInventory there was a folder listed as "private" which did not appear in the finder. I was able to safely delete the files I needed to from there with a little work around. Two weeks later the same problem has happened again. I don't understand why my computer would be generating log files that large or that quickly. But I ran DiscInventory again and moved the files to the trash. One of those files was "VAR". APPARENTLY within those files is the log for the administrative password, a log which is activated in order to put the folder in the trash in the first place. However, once the folder has been moved to the trash, the only way to restore it is with an administrative password, which means running the log file for that which is currently in the trash and cannot be run. Do you see the vicious cycle?

I have looked everywhere all over the internet and I cannot find any responses on how to solve this problem, even through the terminal. The only "possible" option is to reinstall and backup your data. FUNNY STORY I can't activate time machine on the hard drive I need to use WITHOUT an active administrative password.

In the meantime I'm going to be receiving a call from Apple first thing in the morning. Who wants to bet I have to pay the $30 for the phone call?

• Jw
                            JWLambert Aug 24, 2010

Websites not running on a Mac will not be an issue with you running on a Mac. I would suggest going to an Apple Store and paying $99 for one-on-one support. You likely will be doing much better afterward. I'd also suggest using the Firefox browser or, though I haven't used it, Chrome. I just bought a MacBook Pro and love it. I also use it constantly all day long in my business. I do, however, run VMWare Fusion for those apps that don't run on a Mac.

• Bo
                            bobtheman Sep 14, 2009

I have no idea what you're talking about. If you can't use a Mac, you're an idiot. Safari is the best Web browser there is. Very fast. Very stable. Seriously. If you can't figure out a Mac, you must really not know a thing about computers.

• Lo
                            lordfreespace Sep 14, 2009

I'm not to sure about the Apple operation system concering your crashes and whatnot, but you can try using an alternative browser (such as IE 0r Firefox).

http://www.firefox.com <---Try this one, it's stable, secure, and very popular. It's a more mainstream browser so your specalized websites may work with this patciular browser.

You can also try installing internet explorer 8 from Microsoft. Just google "internet explorer" and you should find a link to the most recent version.

Good luck!

Appleiphone 3g 8gb screen flicker / now out $199 defrauded

Watch out giving Apple a credit card number. They use it when they want too...

I had been a happy Apple customer and between my wife and i we both own Iphones. UNTIL NOW

My wifes iphone had a screen that started flickering and we spent 3 hours on with an apple support representative only to be told that the phone needs to be replaced. I thought wow great. Luckily i purchased the AppleCare protection plan. The support person setup a replacement under the applecare plan and said he needed a credit card number incase i never returned the faulty phone. It seemed reasonable at the time so i gave him the number again assuring it would only be charged if i did not return the faulty iphone. Well little did i know that a weeks later i would receive a letter from Apple that i was being charged for the "damaged" iphone. I called to only be told that the phone had "water damage" which only adds insult to an already bad situation. Let me be clear this phone was kept in a case and out of the way of WATER at all times. I was asked did i use it while it was raining??? are you kidding me?? maybe i dropped it in water... umm NO well maybe i spilt something on it. Are you kidding with the price they make you pay for these darn phones it was treated like gold. Kept in a case and well cared for. I asked many times for the proof of water damage. The first time i was told that is Apple Proprietary information. Finally today i get a halfway blurry picture of what i am told is proof of water damage. I have spoken to 2 supervisors at apple support and both tell me that i am out of luck. They make the final decision and i must pay the charge. I am looking for your support and help to get this applecareless issue resolved.

All i would like is what i have paid for a working Iphone and not to be defrauded out of money because they had my credit card "on file". Apple has no authorization to charge my card yet refuses to reverse the charge.

Attached you will find the "proof" of water damage.
                          Does it show the SN of my old phone? NO
                          Does it show the damage? NO
                          Does it show why the screen stopped working? NO
                          How do i know his was my returned Phone?
                          I was told this is all they have on file.

Decide for yourself. Is this my returned phone and is there water damage? I ask you the public to speak with your dollars and common cents... Do we stand for apple defrauding customers?? I know i will never purchase another apple product.

My repair ID with apple is D25356865 if Apple wishes to try and reasonable save a few customers and resolve this issue. My contact info is in the file.

Travis

iphone 3g 8gb screen flicker / now out $199 defrauded

Apple Iphone 3g & 3gs — tony jarad & noelle jarad

Tony & Noelle Jarad are complete fraudsters. They do not have a real supplier and are not authorised...

Boronia

Apple Customer Caresupport

I requested support from Apple Customer Care in holding there applications accountable good quality support and service. In this case, the company named PlayMesh in my opinion provided me very poor customer service including an accusation of possibly stealing without any probable cause.
                            Apple reply; the iTunes Store Customer Support team does not evaluate and review these applications. Please note that developer is the best resource for information about this application. Therefore, I recommend you contact them directly.

This is Apple’s way of showing there ownership into their customers. Now I have a $600.00 iPhone with no confidence of any quality support.

• Mi
                                Minervia Newman Jun 26, 2018

I brought my phone to the Farmington, CT Apple store for only camera issues. The tech diagnose my phone and I was told my battery and camera stabilizer needed to be fixed. I was ok with paying for that service. Returned to the Apple Store and was told that the new stabilizer didn't pass the test. Note that I was able to use the camera but not up to apple standards. The battery they said was fine THEY said. The tech suggested I buy another phone for $300+ because they were unable to fix the phone... I said no and left the store. Couple hours later no audio/cant take calls unless phone on speaker. Today, I can't see/use camera/FaceTime or have audio...I didn't go to Apple with these issues or told that I have or would encounter these issues... This is putting me in a ugly situation that Apple created by messing with my phone... This shouldn't happen to anyone!!!

Apple Retail Storecustomer service

Employees at the Apple Retail store in Delaware are shockingly arrogant when it comes to interacting with the customer. The old adage of "the customer is always right" does not apply to the business model of this store. Today while in the store, I witnessed a teenage showing a lack of respect to a more mature customer. Not only did the teenage did not know how to escalate the customer's concern but she showed a stubbornness that is all too familiar with parents who have teenagers who think that they are the world. The customer who was being verbally assaulted by the teenager went to find the manager. As I was accompanying the customer to find the manager, I thought that the situation would be resolved. Boy was I wrong! The manager lacked managerial skills and did not have the ability to amend a relationship with a customer. The manager failed to see the value a customer brings to the store. Furthermore, the manager failed to listen to what the customer was saying. He focused on minor points and did not understand the major complaint of the customer. Instead of taking the initiative to inform the customer that he will handle the situation (as is customary of most retail stores) he asked the customer what he should do.

This experience has showed me that Apple, though an innovator in consumer electronics, is not concerned with the value of a customer. Apple is turning society into mindless computer systems and heartless humans.

• Ju
                                  junior deleon Nov 05, 2013

yes hi i have a e63 nokia and is not getting my telcel phone chip and the phone is telcel.can you please help thanks.

• Li
                                  limo2go Feb 25, 2011

The post by limo2go for this complaint was added to the wrong one. It applied to Apple Vacations.

• Li
                                  limo2go Feb 25, 2011

What's that old saying:? Burn me once, your fault. Burn me twice, my fault. Why, after having trouble on 3 out of 5 vacations, would you continue to subject yourself to this company???

• Al
                                  allenm80 Jan 14, 2011

My friend and I purchase thousands of dollars worth of Apple products a year and we both can honestly say they, literally, have the WORST after purchase customer service of any company we have ever dealt with no matter what location the store is at. The people dealing with issues after purchase could not be more rude and could write the book on giving attitude. It does not matter the dollar amount you spend with this company...all people are treated equally - like [censor]!

• Es
                                  esaydoesit Sep 13, 2009

Argent Snobbery not only available in Apple Retail Stores 9-13-09

I first purchased an "ipod starter kit" from Sam's Club back in the late 90's. $350 with tax.
                                  Included software, ipod, earbuds, fm transmitter, and usb cable.
                                  It worked so well, I fell in love with it!
                                  Last fall, I noticed it started to malfunction so, I purchased a new ipod classic directly from Apple. No software, just ipod, earbuds, usb cable came. Shortly after purchasing the new ipod, I purchased a bose sound dock for a Christmas present for myself. $350 + tax and shipping on the ipod, $400 for the sound dock. (I save for an entire year, sometimes longer, to purchase what I consider one nice Christmas gift for myself.)
                                  I have been online continuously trying to download the iTunes application since the time of my purchase to no avail. "iTunessetup.exe is not a valid win32 application". I have been to the "troubleshooting" page and tried absolutely everything recommended by Apple to rectify the problem, still nothing. After nearly two years of trying online, today I finally called Apple customer service to explain my dilemma and try to obtain a software cd-rom. After all my expense, I thought it would be proper compensation.
                                  Having to pay for an isp, leaving my PC on for days at a time uses a lot of electricity as well.
                                  The customer service rep could only express to me things I already knew, try to charge me an additional $30 for some type of agreement, repeatedly put me on hold, and tell me there would be some huge expense for purchasing the software cd-rom I was requesting.
                                  I ended myself conversation with the representative as politely as possible. I told him I could not afford any more expense with an already defective product and that requesting a software cd-rom was my last resort to repairing the problem.
                                  Over $1, 000.00 in purchases, time, electricity, frustration, having to restore my PC about 100 times.
                                  Maybe not much to some.

• La
                                  Larry Blaker Aug 30, 2009

I found the same lack of customer support and respect at the Indianapolis Keystone Square store (Aug. 30 2009) I went in to upgrade my iphone to a G3 and what I found was a store that lacked any organization. I doubt that the sales reps (if that’s what they are) could even recognize a customer, basally I was ignored. When I started to ask an employee at the counter about the iphone I was rebuffed and told I would need to talk with one of the floor employees? I walked out! This was a waste of my personal time, which is very valuable to me. The impression I got was argent snobbery.

Larry Blaker

Apple Phone Lock Out — apple lock my phone with no waring at all.

Apple has lock out my phone; Im a current customer in good standing with ( AT&T/ APPLE) and about May or...