Having problems with Apple?

+1 800 692 7753 (Apple Online Store)
+1 408 996 1010 (Headquarters)
+1 408 974 2042 (Apple Media Helpline)
+1 888 840 8433 (Apple Software Upgrade Center)
1 Infinite Loop Stop 90-2L
Sat5:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun5:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

iphone sucks

SO YESTERDAY IM ON THE PHONE WITH APPLE TRYING TO GET MY PHONE TO SYNC TO MY ITUNES. THEY COULDNT FIGURE IT OUT SO THEY HAD ME REBOOT THE PHONE. I TRIED THAT AND IT STILL WOULDNT CONNECT. TRIED IT ON MY LAP TOP, NOTHING. TOOK IT TO THE APPLE STORE TODAY AND IT WOULDNT WORK ON THEIR COMPUTERS. THEY LOOKED AT MY PHONE AND SAID THEY WILL NOT COVER IT UNDER WARRANTY AND IT WILL COST $200 TO FIX. BECAUSE OF THE SCRATCHES AND DINGS ON IT. (BTW THE PHONE WORKS PERFECTLY AND HAS NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS) sO I COME BACK HOME AND CALL APPLE AND THEY TELL ME THAT THEY ARE GOING TO CALL THE APPLE STORE AND MAKE AN ARANGMENT FOR ME TO GET IT LOOKED AT AND THE LADY CLEARLY STATED THAT IF THEY CANT FIX IT THEY WILL REPLACE IT. SO I USE MY GAS ONCE AGAIN AND DRIVE TO THE APPLE STORE, AND AGAIN THEY TELL ME THEY WILL NOT TOUCH IT. THEY ALSO PUT A NOTE ON MY PHONE THAT ITS DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR. (COME ON ITS A PHONE IT GETS SCRATCHES.

THATS LIKE IF YOUR ENGINE BLEW IN YOUR NEW CAR, AND THEY WOULDNT FIX IT BECAUSE IT HAD A DENT AND SCRATCHED ON IT. IF YOU HAVE A WARRANTY IT COVERS IT. UNLESS YOU DID SOMETHING TO MODIFY IT TO CAUSE THE ENGINE TO BLOW, OR MY PHONE TO NOT SYNC TO ITUNES...

I COME BACK HOME AND CALL APPLE SUPPORT AGAIN AND IM ON HOLE AGAIN. THE GUY THAT READ MY ACCOUND SAYS " WELL IT SAYS HERE THAT THE PHONE IS DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR SO WE CANT DO ANYHTING ABOUT IT" I ASKED.. "SO YOUR PRETTY MUCH TELLING ME THE PHONE IS JUNK?" HE REPLIES "YES, WELL U CAN STILL USE THE PHONE RIGHT?" YEA BUT I CANT GET THE UPDATES OR ADD SONGS TO ITUNES OR DOWNLOAD APPS. HE WAS KINDA SPEACHLESS FOR A WHILE BECAUSE THERE WAS NOTHING THEY CAN DO... I TOLD HIM "I WORK IN RETAIL, AND IF WE HAVE A MAD CUSTOMER, W DO WHATEVER WE CAN TO MAKE THEM HAPPY. iVE SEEN BBQ'S GO OUT THE DOOR FOR FREE BECAUSE WE MESSED UP OR SOMETHING HAPPENED WITH A CUSTOMERS ORDER OR SOMETHING.

THIS IS CRAP AND APPLE CAN GO TO HELL IN A HAND BASKET ON FIRE!!!

I CAN TOTALLY SEE IT IF IT WAS MISSING PARTS OR THE SCREEN WAS CRACKED, BUT NOTHING IT WRONG WITH IT, ITS JUST SCRATCHED, NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR.

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS???

apple incompetence a 7 month ordeal and counting...

This is my impotent complaint-rant against Apple Computers. It is posted here because Apple Computers doesn't want to hear about complaints. However, in the very odd chance one of their telereps actually addressing a complaint, the odds are even worse that you will receive even remotely decent service. The following is a tale of mass incompetence--not for the faint of heart :

July 20th, 2007: I order a MacBookPro online directly from Apple Computers.

Mid-August, 2007: MacBook Pro arrives DOA (dead on arrival)

During a telephone call Apple Computers promise a new Mac within days.

2 weeks pass and no Mac

I contact Mac concerning the fact that nothing has arrived. Apple re-promises that the MacBook Pro is being shipped within 48 hrs and arriving within two weeks(!!); they offer to throw in a product from their store to compensate for the time delay (limit: $50). I agree but do not yet choose a product.

13 days later, I check the tracking number and see that the MacBook HASN'T EVEN BEEN SHIPPED. The following day (a Friday) I contact Apple to complain. They promise updates throughout the weekend from "a team" that is working on getting it to me ASAP.

I wait, but there is virtually NO COTACT FROM APPLE THOUGHOUT FRIDAY OR THE WHOLE WEEKEND.

I call Monday, demand to speak with a manager, and discover that NO ACTION HAS BEEN MADE ON MY CASE. The manager I speak with asks if she can call me back in 45 minutes to "look into your case". She refuses to acknowledge that this is, in fact, bad service (only repeating again and again, "I understand that you are upset, but let's see what we can do . . ."). 1.5 hrs later, SHE HAS NOT CALLED BACK, so I call the Apple management team AGAIN(!!). They offer NO EXPLANATION for why no action was taken during the previous weekend or why the manager did not return my call. I inform this second manager that it is perhaps unwise to promise a client that you will call them back and not do so when said client is already receiving terrible service.

Although this second manager also refuses to acknowledge that this is bad service, she does offer a credit of $200.00 (or thereabouts) to compensate me for my trouble(s) and continued absence of the laptop. I accept the offer of compensation. Recounting what they have promised to send, the manager states that I am to receive a MacBook Pro, a cheque of (or around) $200.00, and an armband that carries a video iPod as per MY CHOICE OF PRODUCT from the Apple Store. I inform her that I DID NOT CHOOSE the armband (I hadn't made any choice t all, in fact), but that I do not even own a video iPod. I ask who decided on the armband on my behalf and the manager replies she doesn't know. I choose a different product.

The manager informs me the cheque will take approximately 6 weeks(!!) to arrive. Because I am moving from one province to another, I inform her NOT TO SEND THE CHEQUE TO MY CURRENT ADDRESS and I provide her with my new address. (NOTE: I have, in fact, already informed every Apple telerepresentative that I would be moving out of concern that the initial purchase may arrive too late)

Within two weeks the MacBook Pro and product from the Apple Store arrive. Finally.

Several weeks later, and having moved to a different province, I call to inquire about the cheque. An Apple management team member informs me that it has been sent to my OLD ADDRESS, so the process will have to start all over again. They ask me to e-mail my new address to them (even though I have them on the line at that very moment).

November 29th, 2007: I send the e-mail with my new address.

January 16th, 2008: I call Apple to inquire about the cheque at a number recommended by an Apple rep. What a surprise: no one at the number knows anything about the cheque, or what kind of credit it might be. They forward me to another rep that also has no background information available on my file concerning the cheque/credit and they forward me to someone else. This third person states that they have no information about the cheque because NO CHEQUE HAS BEEN ISSUED OR SENT. This third person takes my address (AGAIN!!) and personal information and promises someone will be in contact with me within 24 hrs.

I ask if there's a number where I can issue a complaint. The rep offers a number. I call it, and that number connects to Apple Canada's general information number. There is literally no option to discuss issuing a complaint with anyone.

I call another number to issue a complaint. Because they have no information concerning the cheque they have no number that they can recommend for me to issue a complaint.

I hung up the phone, found this site, and have posted this, my complaint against Apple Computers. Apple products are great, but their customer service is pure evil. By and large Apple reps do not provide any service, they treat their customers like crap (I am a repeat Apple laptop buyer), and are utterly and completely incompetent.

• At
    athomsfere Nov 16, 2010

Sounds about right for Apple.

• Th
    Theappleguy Mar 23, 2011

www.apple.com/feedback

there is no complaint department phone number

horrible support, no service

APPLE is big company making high quality products, but they don't care about customers at all. Be aware of buying apple products - read this.
I have iPod Hi-Fi docking station which I have received as a gift from my parents about 16 months ago. It was very expensive present, they paid more than $500 for it from Apple online. This docking station has a great sound but it is stopped working last week. I have called the Apple customer service and ask them for help. They said the product is out of warranty and I have to pay for repair, I agreed ( there was no other option anyway ). The send me to the nearby Apple store. I have been waiting in the store about 50 minutes for assistance and after that they told me my product is out of warranty and they are not able to repair that. I have called the Apple again following day and they try to send me to the store again. I told them what happened in the store and they said they couldn't help me. I asked for some supervisor and they transfer me to her. She send me to the store again and when I told her what was happened in the store a day before, she said I have to go for vrepair to third party. So I go to the Chicago repair shop and asked for repair. The technician said they are able to repair that if they will have the part ( metal stick which going in to the iPod ), but they don't have it and there is no possibility to order it from Apple. I have called Apple again, they send me to the store, send me to the third repair party and after that, they told me I have to buy a new Hi-fi docking station. If I ask where, they said they don't know because they don't produce them anymore. I think this is BAD JOKE! I had product from APPLE for more than $500 which was good enough only for 16 MONTHS! Now, I should throw it away and buy a new one - other brand which will be for I hope last longer.

• Sh
    Sheri May 02, 2008

Hi, I don't know if this will help you but it helped me collect money from a company that gave me the run around. Go online with the better business bureau and file a complaint. They will send Apple a copy of your complaint and give them the option of paying you. Believe it or not most big companies care about their reputation with the BBB. A lot of people check with them before doing business with a company. Give it a try and good luck.

CHris May 11, 2008

Honestly, it would cost you MORE to repair it than buy a new one in most cases. That is why they told you they can't fix it because it makes no sense to charge you that much to fix it.

Honestly... the ipod docks are a huge scam. They are way overpriced, underpowered and sound like crap compared to a real bookshelf system and computer speakers. Do yourself a favor, go to futureshop and pick up a $99 set of altec lansings and you'll be much happier.

• Ri
    Ridax Jun 07, 2011

We have made a replacement pcb for the ipod hifi which makes it easy to repair it when this happens. Furthermore the replacement pcb will allow the hifi to work with newer ipods and iphones and charge these. Please check our repair guide at http://chargeconverter.com/blog/?p=81

scam!

Purchased a ipod nano 2/14/07, uploaded it with tunes and plugged it into c280 mercedes. DEAD 2/30/08 and no freaking warranty? No thats the trashiest customer support I have EVER dealt with. You can count on this being the last POS apple product I ever own... GATEWAY FOREVER!

DON'T BUY APPLE!!! DON'T BUY APPLE!!! DON'T BUY APPLE!!! DON'T BUY APPLE!!!

CHris May 11, 2008

Initially used (and bought around?) 2/14/07
    Dead on 2/30/08

That 1 year and 16 days.

Ipod warranties are good for one year.

How is this apple's fault?

You chose an ipod and should know the risk of any electronic.

Buy extended warranties.. save the trouble.

scam and lies!

Apple Computer is rotten! I purchased a custom configured $2,000 Apple Mac Book online back in November 2007...

buyer beware, no matter how popular the product is!

I purchased an Apple iPOD shuffle for my son for Xmas 2005. In June, he had to return it for repair. He was told he had to send it to HP (Hewlett Packard). We thought they had some sort of repair agreement with Apple. It broke again. In November, he had to again return it to HP. At that point, the customer service person told him that this was actually an HP product NOT an Apple product. Although it had the Apple symbol first , then below it " iPOD" then in small letters below that HP.

HP had my son return the original box, disk, lanyard, ear phones and iPod. All we got back was an original iPod. I called and they said they could send the earplugs. (yet another day sitting at home waiting for UPS since you have to sign). I spoke to a supervisor and although they did have units, in boxes, with all components, he was not authorized to send me one. I asked to speak to his supervisor, he said he would call me back. Never did. I emailed Mark Hurd the CEO of HP. Over 1 week later ( Jan 17) I got a standard email saying that A Customer Escalation team would review my case)as of Jan 25 I still have not heard anything. This is an Apple product They need to make sure that I am their satisfied customer. It is not my problem that they did some sort of joint venture with HP. Apple's customer service group doesn't even know who to refer you too. I am disgusted with this service. Buyer beware. If you are not going to get good customer service stay away from the producer no matter how popular the product is.

• Ro
    Ron Napier Oct 08, 2007

It's an HP-branded Apple product, therefore HP is responsible for it. It's weird that they wanted all the accessories back if they were going to replace the unit though, they usually just swap it out with a refurbished one.

• Da
    Dan Feb 04, 2008

Sorry to hear about your trouble--but if you want a quality Apple product, buy it from Apple, not HP. I promise you, if you have a problem with a real Apple product, you will get a brand new one for free (as long as it's still under warranty). They are a good company--HP is not.

sam Aug 21, 2008

Dont complain about Apple because you bought a low-quality HP product

• Wi
    William Tartulian33 Jul 08, 2009

Serious warning for serious trainers concerning the new Apple ipod Shuffle!
    Please read this before you consider purchasing the new ipod Shuffle. I will also preface this by stating that this is the FIRST TIME I have ever posted a complaint. I am typically not a fan of these complaint boards, but feel that this warning should be considered.

This product is meant for the person solely interested and impressed by gadgetry rather than practicality. I currently own the new Apple ipod Shuffle (not a low-quality off-brand). This is my second ipod, and I used to be pleased with the product. The new design, however, is obviously geared more toward form than function.

I finally downloaded the updates to end my first problem with the new ipod: the brilliant concept that changes music on the listener simply by placing the ipod in your pocket or inadvertently tipping it upside down.

The second serious flaw with this product for anyone into training and excercise is the lack of control of any function if you happen to work up a sweat. I did NOT have this problem to the extent that I currently do with the old design. I have come home repeatedly disgusted after a work out or run because I LITERALLY LOST ALL CONTROL OF VOLUME, PLAYLISTS, AND ANY MENU OPTION due to sweat on my thumb. The final straw that prompted this complaint is the fact that my left ear is still ringing, because while on a run I worked up a sweat (go figure). Three quarters of the way through my run the volume spiked on me to full blast. I could not adjust the volume because my fingers were sweaty. Finally, I removed the headphones and just gave up on it.

I am aware that a solution to the latter problem is to purchase a rubber or plastic cover. I have tried this. It only prolongs the use of your ipod a short bit as sweat eventually gets caught inside of this protector with the same end result.

I am on my way right now to purchase a much less expensive, much more basic, and moreover, much more practical product.

• Wi
    William Tartulian33 Jul 08, 2009

CORRECTION TO ABOVE COMPLAINT REGARDING SERIOUS WARNING FOR SERIOUS TRAINERS. The product I wish to complain about is the NANO, not the shuffle. I tried to go back and edit my complaint, but was unable to.

Please note: I do not wish to retract any part of my complaint, rather to clarify that my product is the NANO.

macgirl Jan 08, 2010

I've had the same problem with the new shuffle. It stinks!

what happened to good old customer support?

I cannot believe how many companies have decided that websites and forums initiated by random people are sufficient modes of customer support.

I do love the FAQ sections as they often answer the questions that I have. What do you do when your question is not there? You try to reach customer service. I am a fan of the online customer support and even the emailing option, as I know it is efficient for companies. But why oh why would a company have neither of the services just mentioned? I have a problem with my iPOD Nano and it is not listed anywhere on their site. Unfortunate for me. Now I will have to call and pay for tech support, most likely. I just hope that companies do not continue in this direction. I appreciate hearing a real voice on the other end of the phone. I appreciate having some sort appropriate technical service.

Perhaps these days are ending.

• Da
    Dan Feb 04, 2008

Apple doesn't charge for customer service as long as it's under warranty. Just go into an Apple Store. They'll help you for free even if it is out of warranty.

• Ni
    Nilesh.... Aug 20, 2018

Nilesh
    ##################

• Ku
    kumail rizvi Oct 15, 2018

I had to send my apple i-phone 5 series phone by speed post-KSA to INDIA till 13/9/2018, the box delivered 27/9/2018 by postman when my mother unboxing the box content is not available inside the box, maybe somebody stole my phone while transfer can you please solved out this problem.

• Ne
    nesmasayed Oct 31, 2018

i received a new i phone 7 and it was dead on arrival the phone did not turn on and not responding to charger and i need my money back my order number is 3041122213636

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices