Having problems with Apple?

Apple Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 692 7753 (Apple Online Store)
+1 408 996 1010 (Headquarters)
+1 408 974 2042 (Apple Media Helpline)
+1 888 840 8433 (Apple Software Upgrade Center)
1 Infinite Loop Stop 90-2L
Thu5:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri5:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat5:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun5:00 AM - 10:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Apple Customer Service. Initial Apple complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Apple above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Apple. Discuss the issues you have had with Apple and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Apple Customer Caresupport

I requested support from Apple Customer Care in holding there applications accountable good quality support and service. In this case, the company named PlayMesh in my opinion provided me very poor customer service including an accusation of possibly stealing without any probable cause.
Apple reply; the iTunes Store Customer Support team does not evaluate and review these applications. Please note that developer is the best resource for information about this application. Therefore, I recommend you contact them directly.

This is Apple’s way of showing there ownership into their customers. Now I have a $600.00 iPhone with no confidence of any quality support.

• Mi
      Minervia Newman Jun 26, 2018

I brought my phone to the Farmington, CT Apple store for only camera issues. The tech diagnose my phone and I was told my battery and camera stabilizer needed to be fixed. I was ok with paying for that service. Returned to the Apple Store and was told that the new stabilizer didn't pass the test. Note that I was able to use the camera but not up to apple standards. The battery they said was fine THEY said. The tech suggested I buy another phone for $300+ because they were unable to fix the phone... I said no and left the store. Couple hours later no audio/cant take calls unless phone on speaker. Today, I can't see/use camera/FaceTime or have audio...I didn't go to Apple with these issues or told that I have or would encounter these issues... This is putting me in a ugly situation that Apple created by messing with my phone... This shouldn't happen to anyone!!!

Apple Retail Storecustomer service

Employees at the Apple Retail store in Delaware are shockingly arrogant when it comes to interacting with the customer. The old adage of "the customer is always right" does not apply to the business model of this store. Today while in the store, I witnessed a teenage showing a lack of respect to a more mature customer. Not only did the teenage did not know how to escalate the customer's concern but she showed a stubbornness that is all too familiar with parents who have teenagers who think that they are the world. The customer who was being verbally assaulted by the teenager went to find the manager. As I was accompanying the customer to find the manager, I thought that the situation would be resolved. Boy was I wrong! The manager lacked managerial skills and did not have the ability to amend a relationship with a customer. The manager failed to see the value a customer brings to the store. Furthermore, the manager failed to listen to what the customer was saying. He focused on minor points and did not understand the major complaint of the customer. Instead of taking the initiative to inform the customer that he will handle the situation (as is customary of most retail stores) he asked the customer what he should do.

This experience has showed me that Apple, though an innovator in consumer electronics, is not concerned with the value of a customer. Apple is turning society into mindless computer systems and heartless humans.

• La
        Larry Blaker Aug 30, 2009

I found the same lack of customer support and respect at the Indianapolis Keystone Square store (Aug. 30 2009) I went in to upgrade my iphone to a G3 and what I found was a store that lacked any organization. I doubt that the sales reps (if that’s what they are) could even recognize a customer, basally I was ignored. When I started to ask an employee at the counter about the iphone I was rebuffed and told I would need to talk with one of the floor employees? I walked out! This was a waste of my personal time, which is very valuable to me. The impression I got was argent snobbery.

Larry Blaker

• Es
        esaydoesit Sep 13, 2009

Argent Snobbery not only available in Apple Retail Stores 9-13-09

I first purchased an "ipod starter kit" from Sam's Club back in the late 90's. $350 with tax.
        Included software, ipod, earbuds, fm transmitter, and usb cable.
        It worked so well, I fell in love with it!
        Last fall, I noticed it started to malfunction so, I purchased a new ipod classic directly from Apple. No software, just ipod, earbuds, usb cable came. Shortly after purchasing the new ipod, I purchased a bose sound dock for a Christmas present for myself. $350 + tax and shipping on the ipod, $400 for the sound dock. (I save for an entire year, sometimes longer, to purchase what I consider one nice Christmas gift for myself.)
        I have been online continuously trying to download the iTunes application since the time of my purchase to no avail. "iTunessetup.exe is not a valid win32 application". I have been to the "troubleshooting" page and tried absolutely everything recommended by Apple to rectify the problem, still nothing. After nearly two years of trying online, today I finally called Apple customer service to explain my dilemma and try to obtain a software cd-rom. After all my expense, I thought it would be proper compensation.
        Having to pay for an isp, leaving my PC on for days at a time uses a lot of electricity as well.
        The customer service rep could only express to me things I already knew, try to charge me an additional $30 for some type of agreement, repeatedly put me on hold, and tell me there would be some huge expense for purchasing the software cd-rom I was requesting.
        I ended myself conversation with the representative as politely as possible. I told him I could not afford any more expense with an already defective product and that requesting a software cd-rom was my last resort to repairing the problem.
        Over $1, 000.00 in purchases, time, electricity, frustration, having to restore my PC about 100 times.
        Maybe not much to some.

• Al
        allenm80 Jan 14, 2011

My friend and I purchase thousands of dollars worth of Apple products a year and we both can honestly say they, literally, have the WORST after purchase customer service of any company we have ever dealt with no matter what location the store is at. The people dealing with issues after purchase could not be more rude and could write the book on giving attitude. It does not matter the dollar amount you spend with this company...all people are treated equally - like [censor]!

• Li
        limo2go Feb 25, 2011

What's that old saying:? Burn me once, your fault. Burn me twice, my fault. Why, after having trouble on 3 out of 5 vacations, would you continue to subject yourself to this company???

• Li
        limo2go Feb 25, 2011

The post by limo2go for this complaint was added to the wrong one. It applied to Apple Vacations.

• Ju
        junior deleon Nov 05, 2013

yes hi i have a e63 nokia and is not getting my telcel phone chip and the phone is telcel.can you please help thanks.

Apple Phone Lock Out — apple lock my phone with no waring at all.

Apple has lock out my phone; Im a current customer in good standing with ( AT&T/ APPLE) and about May or...

Apple Iphone3gsfraud

tony jarad/kevin reid both these people are scam artsit

tony jarad will take you moey and run he is just a fraud he will get a few pcs of iphone from the retail shops and send them to you then he will take your money but never ship your stock. dont trust him at all he is nothing but a theif the australian police fraud dept is after him if you have any dealings with this person or company please put your contact info here as we are putting a huge case against him for all the people he has scammed

lonely2009 Jul 20, 2009

Can you please contact me via email [email protected]
          Is his supplier real and did you meet Kevin Reid? Is he associated with Kevin Reid as this man doesn't have a good record according to other consumers. Please contact me.

lonely2009 Jul 21, 2009

scammedbyappleiphoneking, i've contacted the police in Melbourne, you have exaggerated your story a tad little dont you think? I've ordered more than once and have always recieved my stock...so what is the real story behind your dealings with this company? If this person has done so many people wrong and defrauded them, his name would be plastered all over the internet. Especially for those of us he supplies to in Australia...us Aussies dont take being ripped off very well! Maybe he has pissed you off for some reason. You havent really explained what happened in this thread and are ignoring my emails, so I take it you are bitter about a deal or this company doesnt want to deal with you and you have taken it upon yourself to slander them. Like I said, I have dealings with this company and have not been duped in anyway.

• Er
          e-roberts Jul 25, 2009

I only heard negative things about Kevin Reid. He's constantly changing his number. I found out one of his numbers he was calling me from was from a payphone in Toronto Canada.

Tony Jarad is unprofessional and never keeps delivery dates. Make sure to deal with these people via www.escrow.com or some third party company to manage the funds. Don't trust them b/c they never have inventory.

lonely2009 Jul 26, 2009

e-roberts
          are you saying you've never received stock from Tony Jarad's company? I know the stock is pre-ordered from the manufacturer in China...i do know there can be delays when getting the stock when its pre-ordered as mine took at least 2 weeks to get.
          Do you know any associates of Tony Jarad that I should be concerned about? Does he actually have ties with Kevin Reid cause he doesnt sound like a good person to have ties with!

• Er
          e-roberts Jul 29, 2009

Yes, Kevin Reid is his main point of contact in the US. Kevin is a old, grumpy, pushy, lying man. No, I have never received any phones from Tony Jarad's company "Apple Iphone King", he never could meet delivery schedules. Kevin and Tony always went around my back after I brought customers to them! They are not professional business men!

• Bu
          BUYER 09 Aug 04, 2009

i have recived my stock from apple iphone king with no problems e-roberts you are the scamer you take peoples money and never deliver the goods so why are you slandering other people to get your self out of the ### go and get a life
          you blame other people all the time i have been told about you e-roberts, kevin reid is a broker thats all so what is your problem you lie to people about you car crash you are full of ### the person that had a car crash was another broker not you i know so dont lie

• Bu
          BUYER 09 Aug 04, 2009

scammedbyappleiphoneking

you sound bitter are you the guy from texas the one who lied about your dealings and the one who scamed people out of $300, 000.00 usd is your name nick and from jardoo llc your name is all over the internet no wonder why appleiphoneking does not want to deal with you i waited 4 weeks for my stock tony jarad rang me a few times a week to keep me upto date so what is your problem, you sound very bitter because the deal did not go your way
          you suck maybe people should slander your name all over the internet, so people know who you realy are

• Ap
          appleiphonekingfraudster Sep 03, 2009

Buyer09 is Tony & Noelle Jarad hiding behind a bogus buyer. scammedbyappleiphoneking is speaking the truth about Tony Jarad and Apple Iphone King. They have comitted fraud with alot of people overseas and also in Australia.
          Do not deal with them.
          Soon they will find their faces all over the tv stations nationwide for defrauding alot of people. They have no honor or morals. Noelle is a fat blonde poor excuse for a female and tony Jarad is a fat bald short excuse of a male. tony jarad cheated on his wife with a prostitute in melbourne when he entertained us. Its all on video of his infidelity. theyve even ripped off another two people within australia. they were given the chance and benefit of doubt by one of their unsuspecting buyers to refund money and they have refused. Do Not deal with Tony Jarad or Noelle Jarad aka Apple Iphone King or Noelle Superstores. They are fraudsters and have blamed everyone else..meanwhile theyve ripped over $350, 000 from alot of people. Alot of chargebacks have been done also and have left other buyers in the hold. If you've been scammed by these two poor excuses for human beings, contact the victorian police in Melbourne. Email me for details.

Apple Retail Store, Northridge, CAapple &policy&

I guess I can't say I was not warned about the incredibly poor customer service and arrogant attitude of Apple.
        After buying the new iPhone 3GS, and having it less than 2 weeks, phone over-heating and inability to keep a charge forced me to seek a replacement. After contacting Apple technical support, I was informed that indeed, I needed to have the phone replaced. I was also informed that my only options to do so was to allow Apple to hold onto $700 of my money while the new phone was shipped to me and my phone was sent back... or travel over 30 miles to the nearest Apple retail store (Northridge, CA) to get the replacement in person, alleviating the need for the ransom. I opted for the retail store option. I made a reservation to meet with one of their "Geniuses" (that's what they actually call themselves. Further example of the Apple arrogance). Since I was traveling such a great distance, I called to verify that they would have one in stock. I was informed that they would not divulge that kind of information. I would have to take the chance that they would have one in stock... but was assured that surely they would have several of my model.
        Upon arriving, and waiting thirty minutes beyond my agreed appointment time, was informed that they did not, in fact, have any in stock. They then proceeded to direct me to another store (Topanga Mall, Canoga Park, CA), which was 15 miles further. I asked them to call to verify that this other store would have one in stock. The "genius" says that the store would not divulge that information, not even to him. Having no other recourse left to me, I proceeded to this second store... and was promptly informed that they too did not have any in stock either... but I could travel another 15 miles to a third store (Sherman Oaks, CA)... but they could not find out if they had any of my phone in stock.
        Figuring that surely a third time would be the charm, I stupidly drove the additional miles to the third store, now almost 60 miles from my home... only to find... you guessed it. They did not have any in stock either, but would be HAPPY to order me one and I could drive back a week or so later to pick it up! I turned down the ridiculous offer and headed back to the first store, and placed the order there. Not only did they refuse to expedite the order to make up for the ordeal they just put me through over the past several hours, but would not commit to when the phone would be there for me to drive back to pick up. When I asked if they would at least call me when it came in, I was told that it was against the Apple retail store policy to do that... but I could call every day to see if it was in!
        This is the incredible, ###ic arrogance of Apple and the terrible lack of customer service I had been warned about, but did not believe.
        Yet another glaring reason to stick with a PC!
        Question:
        a) Why on Earth is it against policy to inform a customer if you have a product in stock?
        b) Why could the order not be expedited or at least sent to my home to help amend the situation
        c) Why is it against policy to inform a customer when their product arrives?
        d) Why should ANYONE have to undergo such treatment or experience this scenario simply to replace a defective, EXPENSIVE, product that they have owned for a mere ten days?

Apple — itunes

I know this isn't much of a complaint and seems pathetic but shows the point. It seems that itunes ha...

Apple Computers — warranty issues

My wife and I purchased an Apple IMAC computer from Best Buy 4/14/08. I was told by Apple and Best Buy that...

Apple Storeiphone warranty sucks

I bought a 3G iphone in South Africa from a Vodacom, a national cell provider, last December but I live in Australia. Unfortunately I wasnt told that the warranty is country specific and not international. So now that my iphone has a massive software issue I cant get a replacement. How can a huge growth company known for thinking outside the box and quality be so incredibly narrow minded when it comes to customers needs and idiotic warranty. What if youre a jetsetting business person and your iphone takes a nose dive? Totally ridiculous. Customer support at the “genius bar” told me they couldnt do anything. That was it. AU$1000 phone for nothing! I feel conned and robbed!
          Ill never buy Apple products again due to the bad service.

• Ce
              Cee-Jay Mar 20, 2014

Hi,
              I bought myself an Apple I-Phone 3GS about two weeks ago, the phone is in pristine condition, we did a software update and now it has the ''popular'' flashing Apple sign, i took it in to the I-Store in Port Elizabeth SA where they told me it is a vintage phone and they offer no back up on it? I understand it is not a new phone anymore, but i just paid R1000.00 for it and now it is useless, is there anyway that Apple might be able to assist? I do not have the financial back up to buy a I-phone 5, and I really love the Apple product (my first one now) I would really like to carry on using the products but if they don't offer any back up then it does not make sense to spend money on something I cannot use.
              Is there anyway to assist in this matter? I do not mind paying, but they offer no assistance at all.

Apple I Phonefraud

Hi,

I got an e mail offer for the Apple I Phone @ $220.00 with shipping cost to India by Rose Kingslay ( E Mail - [protected]@gmail.com ) and then i received a several phone calls from her GM form mentioned No's ( +[protected] / +[protected] / +[protected] ) and told me to transfer the money in their Indian account.After depositing the payment now they are not sending the Cell phone and demanding for more payment.

Does anyone knows this people ?? Are they cheater ??

Please if someone knows how to deal with such people...guide me on [protected]@yahoo.in

Jon Mar 16, 2009

You're not going to get a phone or your money back. If something sounds too good to be true, ie - an iphone from India costing half retail, then it is.
                In all honesty you're lucky to have been taken for so little. Lots of people lose thousands of dollars to scammers in schemes like this.

Jon

• Fl
                flgator346 Apr 27, 2009

Thats your fault. Who in their right mind will order from an email. That was fraud. You cant blame Apple for your dumb mistakes!

• sangram shinde Jan 03, 2012

sir i have lost my mobile on april 3 rd 2010 name :sangram shinde add:49-411/10/a bapu nagar chintal phonemodel ;A1303 APPPLE I PHONE 3GS 16GB, IMEI NUMBER ;[protected] CARRIER :VODAPHONE last used num;[protected] contact num ;[protected] . sir plz find my phone

• Et
                E.TAWFEEQ NOOH Feb 05, 2013

LOST MY MOBILE ON 4TH FEBRUARY, 2013.AT 3RD FLOOR (CLASS 12-C), SBOA MATRICULATION HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL, ANNA NAGAR, CHENNAI 600 101.TAMIL NADU, INDIA.NOW THE MOBILE IS SWITCHED OFF.I TOO HAVE MY IMEI NUMBER WITH ME.PLEASE TRACE IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

• Je
                Jetashree Sep 04, 2013

The Managing Director
                Apple India

Sir
                I purchased an apple handset (Model: I Phone 4, Serial No: DX8L5C8WDP0N, IMEI No. [protected]) from Jai Sachidanand Telecom, E-1/E-2, Chanakaya Place Part 1, Sai Complex, 40 feet Road Market, Opposite C-1 Janak Puri, New Delhi 110059, Phone [protected] on 20/08/2013 for Rs. 26500/-. The very next day the handset exhibited all sorts of malfunction viz. hanging and switching off all of a sudden. Consequently on 23/08/2013, I approached the service centre named Future World, Retail Pvt. Ltd. N-9 Outer circle Connaught Place New Delhi – 110001, Phone: 011-[protected] and the set was returned to me after minor repairs. Astonishingly the set repeatedly showed same problems with the result that I was once again forced to visit the same service centre on 24/08/2013. This time the set was replaced with the so called new product (Serial No. C3KKT1THDP0N and IMEI No [protected]).
                My miseries did not end here because this set too has problems, (viz. defective camera, occasional vanishing of missed calls etc.). It seems as if the company provides refurbished sets in the name of replacement.
                I request the higher authorities to intervene immediately so that I may not be put into further harassment.
                Thanking you

Sincerely yours
                Jetashree Chopra

____________________________________________________________
                Residence: B – 101 Himachali Apartments, Plot – 8, Sector – 3, Dwarka, Delhi - 110075

• Ha
                Happy Mom222 Sep 04, 2013

My iphone runs out of battery overnight!!

Apple Retail Store — 2 year old exposed to hard core porn

Today at 3:00pm, my 2 year old son and I went to the Galleria mall specifically to make a purchase of a new...

Apple Computersfraud and cheating

I bought an iPhone 3G on Sept 20, 08. The phone broke at 32 days (Oct 22, only white screen can be seen) while I was charging it using a computer and Apple's USB cable. I did not abuse it nor drop it at all. I bought a protective skin right after buying the phone.

After hours of conversation with Apple technician, I was told to go to the Apple store at Northbrook, Illinois. It was swapped with a refurbished phone only. After using the refurbished phone for a few days, it started to behave funny, the light had problem. After another round of conversation, the customer support finally agreed to send me a brand new one. The brand new phone is concluded as a broken BRAND NEW phone since it does not take any SIM cards AT&T put in.

I went back to the Apple store, I was offered another reburbished phone again. I refused to take it. I was told by the technican in the store if the phone was bought in an Apple store, it is subject to be replaced by a brand new phone. Since the phone was purchased in a AT&T store, only refurbished phone can be offered as a replacement. I feel unreasonable on this kind of arrangement since customers who buy iphone from AT&T are treated unequally and were not warned in advance. Moreover, AT&T is the only phone company which is authorized by Apple to sell iphone. Even if I go back to AT&T, Apple does not authorize AT&T to swap a brand new for the customer either.

Another thing is : a customer uses $299 to buy a brand new phone and if it broke, there is no reason it is replaced by a refurbished phone when the phone is still under warranty. All the technicians and customer support person keep telling customers 'refurbished phone' is not being used by anyone before but were heavily tested. I think this is a big lie since they could not answer me how they first justify to make a brand new phone to become a refurbished phone.

Dano R Feb 25, 2011

My son has been trying to buy a new Macbook Pro on the apple.ca site. He is a student at University. The cost of the computer on the apple.ca site is: $2, 049 base price, plus $90 for an upgrade to the high res glossy screen, plus $5 Alberta recycling fee, for a Total of $2, 144. The website does not disclose to customers what the tax will be, BUT in Alberta it is a flat 5% GST. The total should be $2251.20. He has tried to put this through on his VISA card BUT Apple tries to charge his card $2, 487.54. I have talked to numerous Apple employees, some of whom have tried to tell me this is not Apples problem because Apple does not collect the tax, the government does. (Wrong, Apple collects taxes and remits the tax collected to the government). Other Apple employees simply have no idea what I am talking about. Just what Apple does with the extra 11% is unknown. Is it remitted to the government or is it simply a skimming operation? Whatever, my son wants to buy a computer and not get cheated by Apple.
                  A) Does anyone at Apple have the intelligence to comprehend this? So far...no.
                  B) Does anyone at Apple care? So far...no.
                  C) Can this person that cares fix this problem? So far...no.

Dano R Feb 25, 2011

Still no response from anyone at Apple

Appleiphone sucks

SO YESTERDAY IM ON THE PHONE WITH APPLE TRYING TO GET MY PHONE TO SYNC TO MY ITUNES. THEY COULDNT FIGURE IT OUT SO THEY HAD ME REBOOT THE PHONE. I TRIED THAT AND IT STILL WOULDNT CONNECT. TRIED IT ON MY LAP TOP, NOTHING. TOOK IT TO THE APPLE STORE TODAY AND IT WOULDNT WORK ON THEIR COMPUTERS. THEY LOOKED AT MY PHONE AND SAID THEY WILL NOT COVER IT UNDER WARRANTY AND IT WILL COST $200 TO FIX. BECAUSE OF THE SCRATCHES AND DINGS ON IT. (BTW THE PHONE WORKS PERFECTLY AND HAS NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS) sO I COME BACK HOME AND CALL APPLE AND THEY TELL ME THAT THEY ARE GOING TO CALL THE APPLE STORE AND MAKE AN ARANGMENT FOR ME TO GET IT LOOKED AT AND THE LADY CLEARLY STATED THAT IF THEY CANT FIX IT THEY WILL REPLACE IT. SO I USE MY GAS ONCE AGAIN AND DRIVE TO THE APPLE STORE, AND AGAIN THEY TELL ME THEY WILL NOT TOUCH IT. THEY ALSO PUT A NOTE ON MY PHONE THAT ITS DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR. (COME ON ITS A PHONE IT GETS SCRATCHES.

THATS LIKE IF YOUR ENGINE BLEW IN YOUR NEW CAR, AND THEY WOULDNT FIX IT BECAUSE IT HAD A DENT AND SCRATCHED ON IT. IF YOU HAVE A WARRANTY IT COVERS IT. UNLESS YOU DID SOMETHING TO MODIFY IT TO CAUSE THE ENGINE TO BLOW, OR MY PHONE TO NOT SYNC TO ITUNES...

I COME BACK HOME AND CALL APPLE SUPPORT AGAIN AND IM ON HOLE AGAIN. THE GUY THAT READ MY ACCOUND SAYS " WELL IT SAYS HERE THAT THE PHONE IS DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR SO WE CANT DO ANYHTING ABOUT IT" I ASKED.. "SO YOUR PRETTY MUCH TELLING ME THE PHONE IS JUNK?" HE REPLIES "YES, WELL U CAN STILL USE THE PHONE RIGHT?" YEA BUT I CANT GET THE UPDATES OR ADD SONGS TO ITUNES OR DOWNLOAD APPS. HE WAS KINDA SPEACHLESS FOR A WHILE BECAUSE THERE WAS NOTHING THEY CAN DO... I TOLD HIM "I WORK IN RETAIL, AND IF WE HAVE A MAD CUSTOMER, W DO WHATEVER WE CAN TO MAKE THEM HAPPY. iVE SEEN BBQ'S GO OUT THE DOOR FOR FREE BECAUSE WE MESSED UP OR SOMETHING HAPPENED WITH A CUSTOMERS ORDER OR SOMETHING.

THIS IS CRAP AND APPLE CAN GO TO HELL IN A HAND BASKET ON FIRE!!!

I CAN TOTALLY SEE IT IF IT WAS MISSING PARTS OR THE SCREEN WAS CRACKED, BUT NOTHING IT WRONG WITH IT, ITS JUST SCRATCHED, NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR.

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS???

Apple Computersapple incompetence a 7 month ordeal and counting...

This is my impotent complaint-rant against Apple Computers. It is posted here because Apple Computers doesn't want to hear about complaints. However, in the very odd chance one of their telereps actually addressing a complaint, the odds are even worse that you will receive even remotely decent service. The following is a tale of mass incompetence--not for the faint of heart :

July 20th, 2007: I order a MacBookPro online directly from Apple Computers.

Mid-August, 2007: MacBook Pro arrives DOA (dead on arrival)

During a telephone call Apple Computers promise a new Mac within days.

2 weeks pass and no Mac

I contact Mac concerning the fact that nothing has arrived. Apple re-promises that the MacBook Pro is being shipped within 48 hrs and arriving within two weeks(!!); they offer to throw in a product from their store to compensate for the time delay (limit: $50). I agree but do not yet choose a product.

13 days later, I check the tracking number and see that the MacBook HASN'T EVEN BEEN SHIPPED. The following day (a Friday) I contact Apple to complain. They promise updates throughout the weekend from "a team" that is working on getting it to me ASAP.

I wait, but there is virtually NO COTACT FROM APPLE THOUGHOUT FRIDAY OR THE WHOLE WEEKEND.

I call Monday, demand to speak with a manager, and discover that NO ACTION HAS BEEN MADE ON MY CASE. The manager I speak with asks if she can call me back in 45 minutes to "look into your case". She refuses to acknowledge that this is, in fact, bad service (only repeating again and again, "I understand that you are upset, but let's see what we can do . . ."). 1.5 hrs later, SHE HAS NOT CALLED BACK, so I call the Apple management team AGAIN(!!). They offer NO EXPLANATION for why no action was taken during the previous weekend or why the manager did not return my call. I inform this second manager that it is perhaps unwise to promise a client that you will call them back and not do so when said client is already receiving terrible service.

Although this second manager also refuses to acknowledge that this is bad service, she does offer a credit of $200.00 (or thereabouts) to compensate me for my trouble(s) and continued absence of the laptop. I accept the offer of compensation. Recounting what they have promised to send, the manager states that I am to receive a MacBook Pro, a cheque of (or around) $200.00, and an armband that carries a video iPod as per MY CHOICE OF PRODUCT from the Apple Store. I inform her that I DID NOT CHOOSE the armband (I hadn't made any choice t all, in fact), but that I do not even own a video iPod. I ask who decided on the armband on my behalf and the manager replies she doesn't know. I choose a different product.

The manager informs me the cheque will take approximately 6 weeks(!!) to arrive. Because I am moving from one province to another, I inform her NOT TO SEND THE CHEQUE TO MY CURRENT ADDRESS and I provide her with my new address. (NOTE: I have, in fact, already informed every Apple telerepresentative that I would be moving out of concern that the initial purchase may arrive too late)

Within two weeks the MacBook Pro and product from the Apple Store arrive. Finally.

Several weeks later, and having moved to a different province, I call to inquire about the cheque. An Apple management team member informs me that it has been sent to my OLD ADDRESS, so the process will have to start all over again. They ask me to e-mail my new address to them (even though I have them on the line at that very moment).

November 29th, 2007: I send the e-mail with my new address.

January 16th, 2008: I call Apple to inquire about the cheque at a number recommended by an Apple rep. What a surprise: no one at the number knows anything about the cheque, or what kind of credit it might be. They forward me to another rep that also has no background information available on my file concerning the cheque/credit and they forward me to someone else. This third person states that they have no information about the cheque because NO CHEQUE HAS BEEN ISSUED OR SENT. This third person takes my address (AGAIN!!) and personal information and promises someone will be in contact with me within 24 hrs.

I ask if there's a number where I can issue a complaint. The rep offers a number. I call it, and that number connects to Apple Canada's general information number. There is literally no option to discuss issuing a complaint with anyone.

I call another number to issue a complaint. Because they have no information concerning the cheque they have no number that they can recommend for me to issue a complaint.

I hung up the phone, found this site, and have posted this, my complaint against Apple Computers. Apple products are great, but their customer service is pure evil. By and large Apple reps do not provide any service, they treat their customers like crap (I am a repeat Apple laptop buyer), and are utterly and completely incompetent.

• At
                      athomsfere Nov 16, 2010

Sounds about right for Apple.

• Th
                      Theappleguy Mar 23, 2011

www.apple.com/feedback

there is no complaint department phone number

Apple Ipod Hi-fihorrible support, no service

APPLE is big company making high quality products, but they don't care about customers at all. Be aware of buying apple products - read this.
                    I have iPod Hi-Fi docking station which I have received as a gift from my parents about 16 months ago. It was very expensive present, they paid more than $500 for it from Apple online. This docking station has a great sound but it is stopped working last week. I have called the Apple customer service and ask them for help. They said the product is out of warranty and I have to pay for repair, I agreed ( there was no other option anyway ). The send me to the nearby Apple store. I have been waiting in the store about 50 minutes for assistance and after that they told me my product is out of warranty and they are not able to repair that. I have called the Apple again following day and they try to send me to the store again. I told them what happened in the store and they said they couldn't help me. I asked for some supervisor and they transfer me to her. She send me to the store again and when I told her what was happened in the store a day before, she said I have to go for vrepair to third party. So I go to the Chicago repair shop and asked for repair. The technician said they are able to repair that if they will have the part ( metal stick which going in to the iPod ), but they don't have it and there is no possibility to order it from Apple. I have called Apple again, they send me to the store, send me to the third repair party and after that, they told me I have to buy a new Hi-fi docking station. If I ask where, they said they don't know because they don't produce them anymore. I think this is BAD JOKE! I had product from APPLE for more than $500 which was good enough only for 16 MONTHS! Now, I should throw it away and buy a new one - other brand which will be for I hope last longer.

• Sh
                        Sheri May 02, 2008

Hi, I don't know if this will help you but it helped me collect money from a company that gave me the run around. Go online with the better business bureau and file a complaint. They will send Apple a copy of your complaint and give them the option of paying you. Believe it or not most big companies care about their reputation with the BBB. A lot of people check with them before doing business with a company. Give it a try and good luck.

CHris May 11, 2008

Honestly, it would cost you MORE to repair it than buy a new one in most cases. That is why they told you they can't fix it because it makes no sense to charge you that much to fix it.

Honestly... the ipod docks are a huge scam. They are way overpriced, underpowered and sound like crap compared to a real bookshelf system and computer speakers. Do yourself a favor, go to futureshop and pick up a $99 set of altec lansings and you'll be much happier.

• Ri
                        Ridax Jun 07, 2011

We have made a replacement pcb for the ipod hifi which makes it easy to repair it when this happens. Furthermore the replacement pcb will allow the hifi to work with newer ipods and iphones and charge these. Please check our repair guide at http://chargeconverter.com/blog/?p=81

Apple / Ipod Nanoscam!

Purchased a ipod nano 2/14/07, uploaded it with tunes and plugged it into c280 mercedes. DEAD 2/30/08 and no freaking warranty? No thats the trashiest customer support I have EVER dealt with. You can count on this being the last POS apple product I ever own... GATEWAY FOREVER!

DON'T BUY APPLE!!! DON'T BUY APPLE!!! DON'T BUY APPLE!!! DON'T BUY APPLE!!!

CHris May 11, 2008

Initially used (and bought around?) 2/14/07
                          Dead on 2/30/08

That 1 year and 16 days.

Ipod warranties are good for one year.

How is this apple's fault?

You chose an ipod and should know the risk of any electronic.

Buy extended warranties.. save the trouble.

Apple Computer Store — scam and lies!

Apple Computer is rotten! I purchased a custom configured $2,000 Apple Mac Book online back in November 2007...

Apple Ipod Shufflebuyer beware, no matter how popular the product is!

I purchased an Apple iPOD shuffle for my son for Xmas 2005. In June, he had to return it for repair. He was told he had to send it to HP (Hewlett Packard). We thought they had some sort of repair agreement with Apple. It broke again. In November, he had to again return it to HP. At that point, the customer service person told him that this was actually an HP product NOT an Apple product. Although it had the Apple symbol first , then below it " iPOD" then in small letters below that HP.

HP had my son return the original box, disk, lanyard, ear phones and iPod. All we got back was an original iPod. I called and they said they could send the earplugs. (yet another day sitting at home waiting for UPS since you have to sign). I spoke to a supervisor and although they did have units, in boxes, with all components, he was not authorized to send me one. I asked to speak to his supervisor, he said he would call me back. Never did. I emailed Mark Hurd the CEO of HP. Over 1 week later ( Jan 17) I got a standard email saying that A Customer Escalation team would review my case)as of Jan 25 I still have not heard anything. This is an Apple product They need to make sure that I am their satisfied customer. It is not my problem that they did some sort of joint venture with HP. Apple's customer service group doesn't even know who to refer you too. I am disgusted with this service. Buyer beware. If you are not going to get good customer service stay away from the producer no matter how popular the product is.

• Ro
                            Ron Napier Oct 08, 2007

It's an HP-branded Apple product, therefore HP is responsible for it. It's weird that they wanted all the accessories back if they were going to replace the unit though, they usually just swap it out with a refurbished one.

Dan Feb 04, 2008

Sorry to hear about your trouble--but if you want a quality Apple product, buy it from Apple, not HP. I promise you, if you have a problem with a real Apple product, you will get a brand new one for free (as long as it's still under warranty). They are a good company--HP is not.

sam Aug 21, 2008

Dont complain about Apple because you bought a low-quality HP product

• Wi
                            William Tartulian33 Jul 08, 2009

Serious warning for serious trainers concerning the new Apple ipod Shuffle!
                            Please read this before you consider purchasing the new ipod Shuffle. I will also preface this by stating that this is the FIRST TIME I have ever posted a complaint. I am typically not a fan of these complaint boards, but feel that this warning should be considered.

This product is meant for the person solely interested and impressed by gadgetry rather than practicality. I currently own the new Apple ipod Shuffle (not a low-quality off-brand). This is my second ipod, and I used to be pleased with the product. The new design, however, is obviously geared more toward form than function.

I finally downloaded the updates to end my first problem with the new ipod: the brilliant concept that changes music on the listener simply by placing the ipod in your pocket or inadvertently tipping it upside down.

The second serious flaw with this product for anyone into training and excercise is the lack of control of any function if you happen to work up a sweat. I did NOT have this problem to the extent that I currently do with the old design. I have come home repeatedly disgusted after a work out or run because I LITERALLY LOST ALL CONTROL OF VOLUME, PLAYLISTS, AND ANY MENU OPTION due to sweat on my thumb. The final straw that prompted this complaint is the fact that my left ear is still ringing, because while on a run I worked up a sweat (go figure). Three quarters of the way through my run the volume spiked on me to full blast. I could not adjust the volume because my fingers were sweaty. Finally, I removed the headphones and just gave up on it.

I am aware that a solution to the latter problem is to purchase a rubber or plastic cover. I have tried this. It only prolongs the use of your ipod a short bit as sweat eventually gets caught inside of this protector with the same end result.

I am on my way right now to purchase a much less expensive, much more basic, and moreover, much more practical product.

• Wi
                            William Tartulian33 Jul 08, 2009

CORRECTION TO ABOVE COMPLAINT REGARDING SERIOUS WARNING FOR SERIOUS TRAINERS. The product I wish to complain about is the NANO, not the shuffle. I tried to go back and edit my complaint, but was unable to.

Please note: I do not wish to retract any part of my complaint, rather to clarify that my product is the NANO.

macgirl Jan 08, 2010

I've had the same problem with the new shuffle. It stinks!

Apple - iPod Nanowhat happened to good old customer support?

I cannot believe how many companies have decided that websites and forums initiated by random people are sufficient modes of customer support.

I do love the FAQ sections as they often answer the questions that I have. What do you do when your question is not there? You try to reach customer service. I am a fan of the online customer support and even the emailing option, as I know it is efficient for companies. But why oh why would a company have neither of the services just mentioned? I have a problem with my iPOD Nano and it is not listed anywhere on their site. Unfortunate for me. Now I will have to call and pay for tech support, most likely. I just hope that companies do not continue in this direction. I appreciate hearing a real voice on the other end of the phone. I appreciate having some sort appropriate technical service.

Perhaps these days are ending.

Dan Feb 04, 2008

Apple doesn't charge for customer service as long as it's under warranty. Just go into an Apple Store. They'll help you for free even if it is out of warranty.

• Ni
                              Nilesh.... Aug 20, 2018

Nilesh
                              ##################

• Ku
                              kumail rizvi Oct 15, 2018

I had to send my apple i-phone 5 series phone by speed post-KSA to INDIA till 13/9/2018, the box delivered 27/9/2018 by postman when my mother unboxing the box content is not available inside the box, maybe somebody stole my phone while transfer can you please solved out this problem.

Comments
                              Comments

• Ne
                              nesmasayed Oct 31, 2018

i received a new i phone 7 and it was dead on arrival the phone did not turn on and not responding to charger and i need my money back my order number is [protected]