Amtrak — california capitol corridor train #729, jan 11, 2020
Purchased two tickets on Amtrak #729 ($144) from Sacramento to Santa Clara for the purpose of attending the San Francisco 49ers Divisional playoff game with the Minnesota Vikings. This was a special event as it was the first playoff game in Levis stadium plus my good friend is from Minnesota. Train was scheduled to depart Sacramento at 8:59 am and was scheduled to be in Santa Clara at 11:37 am, approximately two hours prior to the start of the game. The train was delayed and we did not end up leaving Sacramento until approx 10:40 but were assured that we would still be in Santa Clara before the game started. Following several long stops at stations along the way, we arrived at the Santa Clara station at approx 1:40 pm. Due to the prolonged delays, we missed the pre-game ceremonies, national anthem, and the first 5 mins of the game (which included the first Niner touchdown). Very disappointed. What was scheduled to be a 2 hr and 38 min trip ended up taking over 4.5 hours.
If Amtrak is interested in increasing ridership, schedules must be maintained.
More Amtrak Complaints & Reviews
- Amtrak - lost luggage - no recourse 
- Axis, Amtrak, Jody - tries to deceive women for 'work', off craigslist, con, liar 
- Amtrak - disrespect 
- Amtrak - refund policy: no rules 
- Amtrak - amtrak communication error is costing the customer
- Amtrak - bad ride, food, service 
- Amtrak - customer service
- Amtrak - horrible experience!
- Amtrak - injury by fall
- Amtrak - place for homeless