Complaints & Reviews

worst customer service, a scam!

do not buy from amiclubwear.com, several weeks ago I purchased (and paid for) 4 pairs of shoes. About a week later I got an e-mail saying they had only shipped 3 items (and no mention of a refund for the missing item, nor a replacement or anything). I called the company (amiclubwear.com) and had the WORST customer experience of my life! After about 30 minutes on hold, the lady that took my call actually told me that they have a time limit (of about 3 minutes) on their support calls, that the supervisors are never on the floor and then my 3 minutes were up and my call got "disconnected". I have never disputed a credit card charge before in my life, but I'm definitely disputing this one. My advise is DO NOT BUY from this people unless you're willing to risk receiving what they want instead of what you ordered. Don't be fooled by the nice web site, this people obviously have no inventory and no control over their supplier's inventory.

• We
    Well Travelled May 17, 2010

Hi, I see many complaints of this nature...

You know it is refreshing to know that High Streets and shopping malls are there. rarely do I shop on the internet, it's like an ex partner of mine that would go into a shop and buy clothes, take them home and try them on, then take most of them back and change them. i think there must have been equity of about 1000 quid in clothes in bags back and forth from the shops lol

So, eradicate the pain and start shopping at malls and high streets again!!

Good luck:)

SCAM

I purchased a few items from this company. They were of incredibly poor quality and I wanted to return them. They refuse returns. Period. They will quote some bogus company policy, but what it boils down to is they are just trying to steal your money.

I would avoid these crook at all costs.

• D1
    D1bengal Aug 04, 2011

I am afraid I just comitted a big mistake. I ordered $300 dollars worth of 40 items and curiously received a different order. Two pairs of shoes addressed to someone named Erin Mahoney!! My biggest fear is that according to them due to high internet fraud I had to send a copy of my I.D. and a copy of My credit card in order for me to get the items shipped to me...reading these posts I feel afraid of becoming a victim of identity theft.

Didn't receive all my items I ordered!

I placed an order March 12, 2010 for 3 pairs of shoes only 2 came, then after a few days I called to see where my 3rd pair was @ the customer service rep told me they was on back order and they will be shipped out 10 days after the 1st order. Well it's now April 8th, 2010 and still no shoes, tried calling Customer Service and it just says all certics are busy call back. I was never sent a update email to tell me anything..Very unprofessional company will not reccomend to anyone and will never order from them again.!

busybody_anon May 12, 2010

made the mistake of ordering from this company and I have had to open up a paypal dispute. I saw a lot of questions about the company on yahoo answers, so I thought I would post all of the phone numbers I have for the company, (not that I could get anyone to answer when I called, but just the same, here they are).

(626) 723-0610 (via better business bureau)

(626) 336-7171 (via amiclubwear after paypal dispute opened, this one seems most promising)

I called the last number and didn't get the normal recording, but it asked me for my party's extention, one was not provided to me (surprise) so I just pushed 0, low and behold the phone rang, my heart soared, someone picked up, I almost dropped a deuce, and then they hung up on me without saying a word!!! Buyer Beware! This company is horrible at customer service. If you order from them please use paypal, as this is the only way to get a response from them as far as I can tell. Hope this helps someone out.

• Th
    Theo Saxton May 27, 2011

I want to thank all the people who post these complaints, for people like me to read. I almost placed a very large order from amiclubwear, when the complaint site popped up!!! so I started reading all the complaints and I will not be spending any money with this website...yikes...Its so sad that these people play this game..its very dangerous

No cash back - took over 6 days to process return - and more

These people have the worst customer service imaginable. They barely answer the phone. Once they do, the lame "asian" girl on the other end does not help at all. My exchange request took 5 days to process so by the time they did process it the item that I wanted to exchange it to was gone. They sent me an email saying that they gave me a credit MINUS the OVER 10 $$ I paid for shipping the first time and the +9 $$ it took me to send it back. I shop online all the time but I should have gone with my instincts on this one and not tried this little crappy mom/pop shop.

If you're reading this, these folks run amiclubwear.com from a Yahoo! Store. Write to Yahoo! and tell them about your fraud. They might do something about it!!!

I'll let them keep my 11.99 credit. EFF THEM.

Never got my refund

After i made a purshase I returned one of the items It was too big. after thrying to get thrugh to their lines I finally got someone the lady said they dont to exhange over the phone or store credit I will have go on line already another item charge my credit card again then on the bottom of the order on the comment area enter the refund code they gave me. Well I did is been over a week and never received my refund.. so now is like I paid double for the item i did received the item.. but it cost me double the money. I sent them about 3 emails and not respond . I will never purshase anything for their website... terrible. custumer service.. and they are really ripping people off whit their refund scam.

no refunds

This company does not refund your money. They sent me a wrong size bathing suit, and I sent it back per their instructions for them to exchange it for correct size. When they received it, instead of sending me the correct size they gave me a credit for only the suit and not shipping. They told me to re-order the suit and that I would not be charged for it plus they would reimburse my shipping. I never received the refund and Maribel (sales rep) told me they weren't going to refund my money and that they did not have supervisors to talk to. I turned them into VISA. Also, the second suit I received, I was charged twice as much as the first suit, and it came with no tags whatsoever. It looks used. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

• Xx
    xxniccolexx Dec 06, 2012

This is my third purchase from the website. First two went exceptionally, but this last purchase will probably keep me from going back ever again.

I did not get my tracking number either! However, after A LOT of searching and calling around I was able to receive the info I needed! Although I have been connected to someone once so far for customer service, all other 50+ calls did not go through. Try this number first: (626) 336-7171 and press the number for customer service. If you are somehow connected to CS tell them your order number, name, and ask for the tracking number immediately!

If you are never connected, call that same number back but instead press extension (22) and you will be connected to Accounting. Although this department has nothing to do with customer service it is the ONLY way I was able to get any information whatsoever on my purchase! A female by the name of Michelle should answer.

Tell her all lines are busy, and this seems to be the only one that is going through. She gave me all the info I needed including the Tracking Number. Hopefully, if enough people start calling this Michelle they'll get the hint to fix their customer service department!

No Product

Just like everyone else I am also a victim of NOT receiving my product after 2 weeks. I order online all the...

Items never received

This site is obviously a scam. I purchased a few items from them over three weeks ago and received no emails, even when I asked a question. Finally I opened a paypal dispute and was emailed that my order had been placed on backorder. They gave me many shipping dates and NONE of them actually happened.

When I told them to cancel my order, they informed me I had to call to do so. THE NUMBER IS A FAKE. You can never get anything but an answering service which hangs up on you and so you can't cancel your order.

Do not do business with this company; the prices really are too good to be true. You will pay a cheap price for something you'll never get.

• Co
    Concerned Consumer 2011 Dec 09, 2010

I placed an order online with these guys and immediately realized that there were 2 mistakes with the order. I called the customer service number (had to wait over 20 minutes to get through) and explained the problem. I asked that the order be cancelled so I could reorder or that they fix the order and process it. I was assured that they would take care of the problem and send me an email to let me know which way they wanted to go. After 4 days and no response I tried calling back. 24 attempts and 2 days later I finally got through (then waited another 25 minutes to talk to someone) I was assured again that it would be fixed. Later the 6th daqy I get an email saying the original order was shipped, no adjustment or fixing size problem. Now I'm out shipping both ways to fix a problem that these idiots shou;d have taken care of

Failed to refund my return

I orderd seven items from Amiclubwear and when I received the items they were not as advertised. I received a pair of boots that were suppose to be made of suede but were actually made of some kind of recycled paper. In addition, the sweater dresses received were made of nylon and very thin. I returned all the items but they failded to credit my money back for the full amount of items sent back to them. They stole $40 from me, which I am now fighting for through my bank.

This company is an awful retailer with bad customer service and horrible clothing. There website is very deceptive because it never mentioned that they only offer store credit. The manager doesn't return calls.

• Rh
    RHNM Dec 20, 2009

Dealing With Poor Customer Service

All companies are only concerned with their bottom line. All companies have very poor customer service representatives. My advice:
    1. First try to settle the matter with the company’s CSR. It will not do any good but you have tried.
    2. Be polite but firm.
    3. Ask for the name, number and state the CSR you are talking to is from. If you are transferred to a foreign country ask to speak to a CSR in North America.
    4. Keep written copies of all your correspondence. Insist that all replies from the company be in writing. Good luck on that one, companies don’t like to leave a paper trail.
    5. If you don’t like writing, record the calls, advise the CSR that you are recording the call.
    6. If you have an attorney and three-party calling, arrange to have your attorney on the line before you call the company. My attorney advised me that you are not required to inform the CSR or company that another person is monitoring the call .Keep copies of all of the bills you receive. The eventual lawyers, FCC, BBB and state attorney general will want copies of all of your paper work.
    7. File a complaint with the FCC about your cell phone carrier, it won't do any good, but it's on record.
    8. If it is not a cell phone carrier, file the complaint with the FTC, or whichever of thousands of government agencies that handle your issue.
    9. Please realize that all government agencies are overworked and have been paid off by lobbyist.
    10. Join any class action lawsuit against the company.
    11. File a complaint with your local Better Business Bureau.
    12. Contact your state attorney general.
    13. During this prolonged economic rough patch all companies are out to make money anyway they can.
    14. Join any class action lawsuit against the cell phone carrier. The lawyers will take the bulk of the settlement after years of ligation. When the company finally settles they will pass the cost of the settlement onto their customers, write if off on their taxes or both if they can get away with it.
    15. Do this with any company or service you are having problems unresolved problems with that company or service.
    16. I realize this is a lot of work, but it’s the only way to get things to change. Don’t expect overnight results, they won’t happen.
    I give you this advice at no charge.
    RH – New Mexico

Cherrlyn Davis Jan 01, 2010

This is my first time ordering from this company, i pray my boots are as i seen them . however, i can't even track my order, i have done everything on thrie site & nothing works. I am very upset at this type of activity, it makes no sense.

• As
    asdf jkl; Jan 08, 2010

i order some boots and a handbag for this website.

i loved the boot however they were not as pictured
    the handbag on the other hand as awful, it looked nothing like the picture
    it was very thin and one of the handbags immediatelt came off

i'm trying to get a refund or somthing but i dont know

P.S. they charged me alot for shipping and the things did not arrive on time either

Bad business. Items are not what they look like.

Shipping you Product on time

I Ordered a top from Amiclubwear.com for Halloween Costume on Monday 26th … I paid $20.54 for 2-Day...

Rip-off

I ordered a swimsuit from them and paid for next day air. I needed the suit for a photoshoot I was doing on a Friday and had ordered the suit on a Saturday the week before to assure it got to me on time. I was given a confirmation email but no status on the order. I called the customer service line and someone answered on Monday and said orders get processed on tuesdays and that the swimsuit would definitly be on time...well it is now a week later and no package and when I call the customer service line everyday its a recording that says they are closed...I'm pretty sure i've just been had!!

ripoff

Once I had waited a week and did not receive my tracking info, I called the company. This is when they told me that the package had already gone out, he didn't know why I didn't get an email with tracking, but he assured me that it had already shipped and then he mentioned to me that they do not ship with delivery confirmation, and that if I do not receive my order they are not responsible. I then asked for a tracking # and he read one off to me real fast and mumbled, so after I made him repeat it, he gave a different # the second time, like he was making them up.
The next day I receive an email stating my order was on backorder and would ship next week. I was very confused, so I called back. The same guy said the exact same thing, that the item had shipped that very day. I mentioned the backorder email and he asked who sent it and said it wasnt from them. I asked him to cancel my order, where he then repeated himself saying it had shipped and they would not be held responsible for missing orders.
. Amiclubwear told the better business bureau in my dispute with them, that paypal never released my funds because of a fraud order and that was why they never shipped my order. Why tell paypal it was shipped and then tell the BBB that they didn't ship it? This is the worst experience I have ever had with any online company (and I order online quite often). I gave them every opportunity to resolve this and still am waiting for my promised call back from a supervisor.

• Ro
    Rosemary G. Oct 23, 2010

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT KEEPING THEIR CUSTOMERS.3 MINUTES CALL TIME AND AFTER THAT CALL ARE DISCONNECTED. I order four boots from Amiclubware. One came in a beat up box and the wrond size of the boots were inside the box. I called them and I was told to return it for an exchange or refund, and that I needed to go to the site to request an approval for a return. I told them this is your guys fault, I order the right item you guys just didn't verify the size of boots being put in the box, I ask to speak with a SUPERVISOR or MANAGER and I was told that they don't have any SUPERVISOR and them told me that they would call me back and the call was disconneted after waiting 18 minutes to get a representative.

I called back again after been waiting for 20 minutes to get an operator, I told her that I hope that she don't diconnect my call and she told me that they ONLY HAVE 3 MINUTES TIME PERIOD AND AFTER THAT THE CALL GET AUTOMATIC DISCONNECTED. I ask if she could call me back and she told me that someone will. 3 days later and no one has contacted me back and now if I want my boots I have to return for an exchange or money back AND THEY WERE THE ONE THAT CREATED THE MISTAKE. SUPER BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. I wait more than one weeek to received, would need to wait alot more for them to process it and received the boots that I did order. BAD BAD BAD customer service and no people skills. I was told that they don't ship anything that is why the produts need to be return back. I DON"T SEE THE PURPOSE OF HAVING A CUSTOMER SUPPORT IF THEY CAN NOT HELP, they just refer back to the site.

Resolved Unauthorized charges

I found the website amiclubwear.com and ordered some boots for the amount of $19.99 and was charged shipping...

Resolved Awful experience

I bought over $200 worth of clothing and shoes from this website. They did not send all of my items and some of the items sent were the wrong size. I contacted this company several times but to no avail.

• Te
    Terryintokyo Mar 17, 2009

OMG! I am having exactly the same problems now! They claim to have sent my stuff to the wrong country and that "it's not their fault!" AMI Clubwear and AMI Group are TERRIBLE!

• Po
    Pots2 Jul 03, 2009

Same experience in Canada. Wrong item shipped. Sent it back... they said they never received and wouldn't provide a credit. They also blamed the United States Postal Service.

Resolved damaged boots

very, very bad business. i ordered three pairs of boots from them. they advertised them as suede boots. not faux or micro fiber, but suede..that was a lie. the boots definitely were not suede. but that is just the beginning. the boots were damaged. one pair was badly stained white some type of white stuff. the other pair was damaged. the material was scrapped off of the shoe in three places! i couldn't believe it. i sent them two e-mails, but no response. i faxed them twice and still no response. i called and called, the number was constantly busy. (probably because of other complaints) so i finally git through and was talking to a man named Wayne. he said he was the manager. i explained the situation to him and all he told me was that they could take ten percent off of what i payed. what was that going to do? i spent over 75 dollars, that was a joke. and did i mention, the boots were supposed to be a Christmas present? yeah, they were delivered on Dec. 22nd ten days after i ordered. this Wayne guy had no remorse. he told me i should have called earlier. i told him i sent out two faxes and two emails the night before, and that same morning. he just ignored me and said it was too late. then i asked so what am i going to do? he again said he could give me ten percent off. i asked him if he would buy damaged shoes. he put me on hold. when he came back he told me he had to see a picture of the boots, as if i was lying that they were damaged. i said if i send an e-mail i don't believe i will get a reply back because i never got a reply to the first two. i told him that that was bad business. He gave me his direct e-mail address and told me to send it. then he just hung up on me! I'm still in shock...buyer beware!

maggie0990 Apr 02, 2009

AMICLUBWEAR IS A SCAM!!! 10-Apr-08 12:27 am
    They are rated as an 'F' by the BBB for building a fraudulant company. If you order from them, they never contact you again, keeping all your money. They are a scam company, who will rip you off. The IRS was informed about how they don't pay taxes on the all the extra money they have kept under the table without paying taxes. If anyone else has had any problems with this comapny, please contact me, and I'll set you up with the guy over at the IRS who is currently in charge of this case.
    [email protected]

• La
    LalAZIE_girl Jun 06, 2009

YOUR FUNNY...WOULDNT IRS SHUT THEM DOWN AREADY?.. MAKE NO SENSE...lol rofl...Just because they dont waive your shipping charges off...GO SUE THEM THEN IF YOU THINK YOUR RIGHT? WHY MAKING UP STORIES... LOL PWNED..IRS IS UNCLE SAM WOULDNT THEY WANT MONEY AND BUST THEM... USE YOUR HEAD

• Gl
    glam.doll Dec 31, 2009

I have actually ordered from AMI a couple of times and had no problems. I just recently recieved a pair of "white" boots that are supposed to look like uggs and they are not the best quality but pretty good for the cheap price; so no complaints there...my problem is that the boots are not white at all, they are like a dingy light beige color and there were red stains in two spots on one of the boots...i cant return them because they were in the clearence section and customer service sucks! So im just not going to worry about calling them over and over & the boots were only $10.00 so i guess i got what i paid for ? =/.

• Da
    daniece jones Dec 21, 2010

I totally agree. I ordered some black suede boots on December 6, 2010 and still have not got them til this day. I have contacted and filled a complaint with them with the better business bureau. If i do not recieve any merchandise or a refund i will have a lawyer to contact this company shortly..

Didnt recieve product

THEY HAVE A LOT OF BEAUTIFUL STUFF, EVEN AT A VERY VERY LOW PRICE WHICH MAKES PEOPLE WANT TO DEFINETLY...