Amerisave Mortgage CorporationMisleading - Ripoff

I filled out all of the information, and when I got to the last page I was wondering why I had not been asked for my social security number, and there it was - the last thing asked for was the SSN, and then under it was a request for $35 to run my credit. I am a 7 year real estate professional and have closed more loans for myself and others than I can keep track of, and no one has ever made a client pay $35 upfront for the credit check. Any legit direct lender would not charge for this service - it is a cost of being in this business. So, I opened up a new browser window and typed into Google 'amerisave complaints' and found this board and others... Needless to say I closed the application browser when I read the horrible reviews by people who has been ripped off and mislead. Since they want you to be on the up-and-up on providing all of your most personal living and financial information it's only fair that they treat you and your information with the utmost respect. Prior to completing the application I found out they don't respect their clients and are concerned more with making sure some money goes into their pockets first. I have not used them for a loan, I don't intend to and I recommend you don't either. I will seek my refi from a reputable company that respects my information and me as a client.

• Us
    u.s.real.estate.invest Oct 11, 2009

"no one has ever made a client pay $35 upfront for the credit check. Any legit direct lender would not charge for this service - it is a cost of being in this business."

Credit checks are a cost of the business, but not necessarily of the Lender. I've been with several lenders who charged for the credit check upfront. It saves both the Lender and the Borrower time by attracting realistic applications. Too many applicants delude themselves that they've got great credit scores, while behind on mortgages and installment debt, and over the top on debt to income ratios. If the Borrower has a conviction theirs is a good application, with no surprises, they shouldn't balk at paying a nominal amount for their credit check to continue the process.

You can Google and get negative feedback about almost any business, mortgage lender or otherwise. Good feedback isn't as sensationalized as negative comments.

• Ga
    GAPeachloanofficer Dec 31, 2009

big news about the owner of Amerisave Mortgage, Patrick Markert coming soon. It will help you understand why all these complaints are true.

• St
    Stephanie Billions Mar 13, 2010

I appreciate the time that you took to post your complaint about Amerisave without even completing a transaction with the company. As anyone knows complaints are very easy to find on a company. However...when a client takes the time to rave about their experience with a company you know that they were WOWED! Please take the time to read all of the positive reviews that clients have posted. You will find that they actually out number the complaints.