Complaints & Reviews

Americatel — charges

I have been charge from Americatel for no reason, they keep billing me every month about $17.00 and I do not...

Petersburg

AmericatelFraud

America tel is a fraud and a scam. after my mother who's 76 years old was charged on calls she could not connect to. She cancelled the service and told the co. not to charge her credit card again. They ignored her request and charged her anyway. They refuse to credit back her account. Does anyone know with who I can file a formal complaint with??

this company has just ripped my mother off on calls that she could not connect to. Att also charged fees on their behalf which Mom never approved. Why is it that corporate america has turned thievery into a legal maneuver?

• Ar
      armando couto Apr 09, 2010

Fraud and scam. Americatel refused to credit me for two international calls that I made but the connection were never made due to different sound on the line. I was told that since April 1, 2010, Americatel does not offer credit for calls that are not connedted or/and disrupted to poor communition on their lines. I was never told about this new "reculation" when they accepted my credit card payments. They have refused to credit my account. Everyone should write to the FCC and the Attorney General from MD where they have located.

• Na
      Nash Apr 23, 2010

Americatel Corp, which is a company that provides long distance calls, has the policy of charging its customer for calls that were disrupted, did not go through or failed due to technical problems. This is a fraudulent policy that should be investigated for the protection of the NJ residents and senior citizens like me that are at the mercy of this unscrupulous company. When calling Cuba, which is a problem country, calls fail to go through most of the time; nevertheless, Americatel Corp charges for these calls. When one complains to their Customer Service, they reply that calls made to Cuba, whether successful of not, must be paid. I believe that calls that fail because of satellite, cable, ortechnical problems is the responsibility of the provider and not the responsibility of the user. I believe that forcing the user to pay for these calls is fraud.

AmericatelScam charges

Americatel sends bills for phone calls not made and or services not used. We canceled our service and they still bill us. When you try to call customer service, they keep you on hold and refuse to credit the account even though it's pretty obvious that there should be no charge for services not used and that had been canceled. I was kept on the phone for TWO HOURS waiting to talk to a supervisor and never was connected to one. I am going to investigate consumer advocacy groups and possible a class action law suit. This company should not be allowed to run their business in the United States unless they comply with the laws of our country.

Americatel — Fraudulent charges

I'm very angry about this! Americatel signed my telephone number to a long distance plan of their...