American Standardhome mortgage take over payments

T

Found this company on Craigslist they claim that you can take over mortgage payments. They told me to print off a form and send it in to the houses they have listed on their websight. Most of the houses did not exist and others were for sale by mortgage companies. They told me to send in letters to each of the address for interest. I never got any resonses out of 35 letters sent. They told be I could not get a refund for 90 days and I will need 5 denial lettes to get a refund. I never got a reponse from them or person of interest. So I have no way to get denial letters from people or any persons who do not exist. This is a Huge scam and a lesson was definatly learned. But we should sue this company for out money and put this owner in jail for committing fraud. Tye

• Aj
    AJohns Sep 26, 2016

God is so good. I totally agree with this complaint. I saw a listing in Craigslist for a newly renovated property in North Las Vegas but oddly there were only two photos, one of the kitchen and one of a hallway with beautiful hardwood floors. Im on the east coast and accepted a job in LV and Im desperate for housing I need in 10 days. I sent two emails to the Craigslist post and no response asking for more photos. So I called yesterday to find out it is a company out of California but the post had a LV number with area code 702 listed as a contact but transferred to the company. Thank God, Im a realtor and investor of 13 years and so when I have this guy on the phone fast talking me with contrary information (get into the home with no money down but a $199 deposit down to hold the house and get a title search), a title search on a property that Ive only seen two photos of 😡. No! I decided I will take my chances that it would be gone and I blocked it on Craigslist from other viewers to think it over until today. The same guy called and wanted to get my deposit instead answering all the questions I now had, and less desperate than yesterday, then prompted me to ask for a manager when it was substantiated he clearly had no idea how the progrsm works and he referred to email other photos of the property. His name Anthony Thompson, gave me customer service when I told him he wasnt detail oriented but not a manager. I called back and an elderly woman answered and I asked for a manager, she wanted to know why, I told her I needed to make an informed decision and needed a manager. She said she was sending an email to her manager but wanted specific, when I said I wanted photos, she said hold on and hung up. I called a third time, Nathan Davis answered, he told me the !199 was for a one year membership, something www.americanstandardonline.com doesn't state and never ststed by Anthony Thompson. I said I need to see pictures of the property, not the address but was told the street, before I pay for anything as I was only interested in the one property and I could negotiate with the owner over the phone. I asked what if I pay and didnt want the house, he said I could get a refund in 90 days and I said why so long and he said because want you to look at other properties you may like and I said I need a place this week, whatever I move, that is where Im staying, therefore I need to speak with a manager first. He hung up. I emailed customer service to ask that a manager call me and then I search online complaints and I see it is a scam. All day in my spirit, I continued to hear, "be anxious for nothing but by prayer and supplication may for requests know" and I invited God in and He blocked it for me and lead me hear. I am filing complaints tomorrow with California attorney genersl, Kamala Harris and Nevada Attorney General to push officials to get on television and warn the public. I see these complaints so back to 2011. Thousands may have been scammed. I will lead a lawsuit endeavor, email me at [email protected] I have a passion to protect the public, for people and to shut companies down for deceptive practices. Let us work together to get Susan Quinn out of business forever.

• Ms
    Ms. Becky Oct 18, 2014

Yes, the complaints are true. American Standard is a BIG SCAM!!! they target people on Craigslist, they have several listings with different locations and phone numbers. You call the number and the automated voice tell you to hold on the line and a housing coordinator will be with you shortly. The person comes on the line and the moment you start inquiring about the company and how they do business the "housing coordinator" becomes very rude because their objective is to get you to pay the $199 no questions asked. STAY AWAY from AMERICAN STANDARD!!!

• Li
    Lies and cheats Aug 14, 2013

DON'T DO IT!!! IT'S A SCAM. Just ask them what's their website to check reviews. they will say you have to pay first.I asked them who is the contract with them or the bank? And they hung up the phone. Twice!!! Don't waste your time or money. Go the legitimate way through a real broker and or agent.

mauiboy May 08, 2013

I did the same thing they ask pay 199 they gave me a list of house n I found out those are selling by homeowners n realstate company I call them back no answer yes its a scam never do it u never gonna get anything back u loose your money your time n might be your life we should sue them

• Am
    amonken Nov 14, 2011

i called and was thinking about it then i seen my daughter had got my mascara and was eating it so i had to get off the phone. thank my higher power for letting that happen because i was ready to give them 199 dollars too.

• Ta
    tamiakierian Nov 02, 2011

Thanks for the warning. When I called and started asking questions they hung up on me. TWICE. So yes this is a big scam

• Ta
    tamiakierian Nov 02, 2011

Thanks for the heads up. When I called and started asking questions they hung up on me

• Iw
    IWantthathome Jun 27, 2011

This company has an ad listed in our local the PennySaver (Pennysaverusa.com). The lady I just spoke with said for $199 I could get a list of homes and mortgage companies that accept take over payment arrangements. Thank you for posting your complaint. You saved me from loosing $199.