American Home ShieldRefrigerator repair

C Dec 01, 2020

I filed a claim on Nov 10, 2020, the contractor came out to my home 13 Nov 2020 to attempt to fix the range and the refrigerator. I am a member of AHS and I paid the service fee for them to come along with the monthly membership fee. The contractor told me there is no part available for the range and they could not locate the part for the refrigerator.

Its is now 1 Dec 2020, and after 4 phone calls talking to agents and supervisors (who sounded like the same person) I was given a voucher to replace my range, the the most important appliance my refrigerator, they said they are still looking for a part. They have been looking for a part since 16 Nov 2020.

I just recently got off the phone with AHS again and the agent told she would escalate my claim for the 4th time. She also told me there is no definite time frame for the part to be found.

I think this is absolutely unacceptable for them to allow their customers to go without essential items such as a refrigerator.

We have gone through Thanksgiving without being able to refrigerate food. Not to mention we are in the middle of a pandemic having to go out and get food everyday is not ideal.

• Su
    Sussi Rodriguez Dec 10, 2020

After reviewing the complaints of, fraud, can’t cancel the policy, unable to deliver service, and poor service I won’t be going with American Home Shield. BBB why are you not looking into these home warranties. I just left Sears, that became Cinch. Cinch is the same. BBB...shut these down!