American Expressunfair practice

My story is : I have not receive AMEX statement nigher on-line notifications for two month in fall 2008 then they send me a letter stating that that because i did not pay my bill($14.62), they adjusted my credit limit to minimum and they demanded payments right a way. I call them, AMEX Customer Service Representative(CCR) confirmed that they sent my bill, but received it back! She figured out they AMEX sent a bill to wrong address but refused to bring my credit card limit back! I was AMEX card holder for over 10 years, never was late on my payment and always pay my balance in full. Well, as a remedy I closed AMEX account and wont apply for their CC ever again!

P.S> Week latter I received a named mail from AMEX asking to apply for same CC. What an idiots!

• Co
    collinar Sep 19, 2010

In August 2006 I called American Express to inquire why I received a Credit Balance Refund Check for $12, 000.00. At the time my account had been active since 1984. In December 2006 I called again to inquire if any other Credit Balance Refund Checks had been sent to me previously. They responded that they had no record of my account.

I repeated my request on dozens of separate occasions only to be told they had no record of my account.

After more than two years and hundreds of hours of effort, I received in March 2009 acknowledgement from American Express that three Credit Balance Refund Checks payable through First Union Bank, now Wachovia Bank Ft. Lauderdale Florida totaling $10, 370.45 were mailed to me in 2002 and had cleared. I replied that I did not receive these checks.

I requested images of the checks to prove the signature endorsing the checks was not my signature. American Express refused to provide images of the endorsed checks.

American Express had my signature on file as well as the signature on the endorsed check. A comparison of these signatures would have detected the fraud. American Express failed to compare these signatures.

When I ask American Express why I did not receive a statement for a given month they told me not to worry; it is their policy to not send a statement when there is no activity on the account. On none of these occasions when I called did they reply that they sent me a statement and a credit refund check.

• Go
    going_west Dec 08, 2010

The City of Calgary is a bunch of crap! Enmax - I tried to explain to them that I am not interested how electricity has been produced, stored and delivered to me. I only care if it is a power in outlet. They charge delivery, maintenance, distribution, rider and other fees. The only question I have why they charge us price for electricity?(I mean KW). Looks like everything was already included in a fee and if it not it included in fee on fee. And those [censor] at Enmax just raising their wages without even doing anything! You can add here water, sewer, garbage and other city 'services'. at a world we live in. Why we deserve that Government treat us like a sheeps.