Complaints & Reviews

I recently moved and in doing so the phone company changed my telephone numbers. I have a lot with amazon and never had any trouble. On friday, I purchased h&r blocks tax cut (I prepare taxes). I logged on but the system wanted to text or call a verification code to my telephone numbers on file. I don't have access to the old numbers. I have emailed, called them and they can't change my password. They asked me to upload an id thru a link on an email. Guess what, it needs a verification code. Finally I get an email so I can upload my id. They sent me an email to call them, because my id is not enough. I called them and sent another id. This will be the 7th call and 3 copies of ids to them. They can't add a telephone number or send a password to change a password. This is beyond stupidity. Unbelievable!

customer service, incompetence, dishonest, stuck w/ almost $1000.00

I'm physically disabled / housebound so I am forced to shop online. Amazon.ca is 1 place. I bought recovery...

service

Dear Team,

I Srikar my contact number is [protected] I am the Deputy manager of the HDFC BANK KARIM NAGAR BRANCH I Purchased mobile from your Amazon.one of your colleague Mr praveen (delivery boy) contact number is [protected], 040-[protected] he is irresponsible person and called me today in the morning he said I am not come to your communication address because I am very busy now you should come to near prathima multiplex .I said I will not come he said if you want your phone you should come i am not come he said and I went to taken the phone he scold me and he is asked the service charge and your service is very bad if you not take action i will complaint to CONSUMER FORUM

Thanks & Regards,
Sikar
Deputy manager,
HDFC BANK
Karimnagar-505001
TELANGANA

gift cards

I earned an (I did surveys for hours past few days) amazon gift card for $50... and said "will be mailed...

amazon prime

Last year around this time I had a few items not show up on time. For compensation I was given 3 extra months of amazon prime added to my membership. I received notice today that my prime has expired and through chat service say the policy has changed and you're no longer allowed to offer membership extensions. So mine that I was given has been removed from my membership. That's horrible customer service if I've ever heard it. So now those items I received late I'm still not getting compensated for. I just want my prime extended as it was promised before your policy changes.

amazon prime

Hello, my name is Jesica. I recently spoke with customer service several times trying to resole my issue...

debit card charged

Dealing with this crap now. Charged $186.40 New Zealand dollars, from my debt card that hasn't left my sight. Rang bank, they can't do anything. Getting a hold of Amazon is a joke. Emailed twice, no reply. Facebook communication is prompt but no help. I didn't even no I had an Amazon account. Put in my phone number that I've had since 1997, didn't recognize it. Put in an old email address that I never use, it was recognized but have no idea what the password could be, tried several possibilities.
That's a lot of money at this time of year. I need it reversed ASAP

order cancellation

I wanted to cancel one item out of a 3 item order because I accidentally used a gift card that didn't have enough on it for all 3 of the items. So I contacted customer services and explained my situation. They asked if I wanted to cancel my entire order or just the one item, and I said just the one. A few weeks later, I realized my items never came, I knew in the past I've already had many issues with Amazon products showing up at wrong addresses or never coming, so I checked my orders and realized they canceled the entire order (even though I specifically said I only wanted to cancel one order and they even confirmed it with me!) So I contacted them again and was answered by "sudheer" I explained what happened and all he said was I had to re order it. I told him it wouldn't come in time for Christmas, one of the items was now sold out, and that I was extremely upset and he basically copy pasted his original response. I am very upset and will be ordering the same products through a different company :(

privacy & confidentiality; delivery of condom

Received my below delivery, but was disappointed with what u advertise and what actually happen. You...

Amazon

monster energy supercross playstation 4 game

I ordered this item on Nov 16th 2018 and returned it on Nov 23rd 2018 because I found a better price. I paid $35.73 and the seller only refunded me $2.79. I attempted to reach out to the seller but was unsuccessful. the game was not used and was still in its original packaging when I returned it. The only thing that I was aware of was the $6 return fee for shipping.

The company is named Milestone.
My order number is [protected]

I want my full refund

logistics delivery

Shame on Amazon for using logistics for their delivery. They are exposing all of their clients to strange people coming to their doors and roaming in their neighborhoods. They should stick to Reliable delivery companies like UPS, USPS, or FedEx. Whenever they are involved in a delivery they either can't get in my gate which is relatively simple by looking at my name on the keyboard or they lie and say they handed me a package when I wasn't home all day. I decided this year not to use Amazon for any of my Christmas shopping because I do not trust their deliveries. Since I do most of my shopping on Amazon for Christmas they are going to miss out on a lot business. They were once a reliable company but now unreliable, greedy, and have sullied their name. Bye-bye Amazon. Bring on the competition!

Dear Sir/Madam:
My name is Tony Bobet i resided in 1710 Seward Avenue, Bronx, New York City 10473, Apt#5-G. I am file an complaint to MegaDiscStores/ C/O CCE. 2045 Niagara Falls Blvd,
unit 4. i order on October 4, 2018. The item i order is 2 pk Scanavo Crystal Clear Standard size 3 DVD case box 14 mm triple disc holder w/out flap tray. the price is $6.99. order# [protected]. i order an the item that i mention. Today, i received the item. but, i received 2 clear DVD that supposed to received 2 DVD clear cover. In the below of this is page.

Amazon.com

prime orders not being delivered within the time promised.

On several occasions, orders through Amazon Prime have not been delivered within the stated time frame. The most recent occurrence was yesterday. One of the reasons I'm a Prime member is to take advantage of the delivery times indicated by Amazon. I contacted Amazon and they provided no insight into why the order was late or even an apology for it being late. This seems to be a common problem for this service and one in which Amazon is apparently collecting money under false pretenses.

Consequently, I cancelled my Prime membership due to the lack of fulfilment of promised services. Interestingly enough, Amazon is not refunding any money for the unused period for Prime services even though it was renewed in October of 2018. Since I received at least one package that qualified for Prime since it renewed, the entire amount I paid for Prime is considered used by Amazon.

Nora Knocka Dec 06, 2018

Wow, I'm not even gettimg my orders at all!!! Though the driver is marking them delivered. Ive talked to them 4 times this week on two different orders. Sent to two different states. I was told just now to call back after 4pm.

tulle curtains

I ordered 2 tulle curtains 3 months ago, I still have not received them. The ordered were placed on September 9th 2018 order number 14C18277Y68473231 and another one for same curtain on September 13th 2018 order number 3PP62790HD976633H. It is now December 1st 2018 and I have not received my package and when I try to track it there is no tracking information when I click the link. This company is a joke and i want my money back!do not EVER order from this company

tulle curtains

Chinatera Limited

received damaged sofa table, order # [protected]

The attached pictures are the damaged to the sofa table I purchased. My concern is, I ordered this item (Ashley Furniture Signature Design - Alymere Sofa Table) from a different vendor and when it arrived I had the same damages. Damages that look as if someone tried to cover them up. Due to the size and weight of the item, I am hoping there are other options other than me trying to pack and ship a 100+ pound item.

amazon prime account

Hello, I have just received my bank statements and I have noticed that I have had two subscription's on November 21st and October 21st for Amazon Prime subscription's, for the amount of £10.44 attached is a statement showing November, same for October. I obviously based in the UK have never taken out an Amazon Prime Subscription and certainly not as I am based in the UK. Amazon.co.uk have advised me to contact you as it is with Amazon.com. My account has been hacked which is very serious, I have now had to cancel the debit card just in case any further transactions or purchases are made. Would you please treat this as urgent and refund me back the two months monies and ensure that this is not going to happen again. I appreciate that this does happen but it really horrible to feel that this has happened to me and I am very worried.

amazon prime account

• Updated by Liz Haynes · Nov 29, 2018

Not good

• Updated by Liz Haynes · Nov 29, 2018

Please action my complaint

clothes and food

I placed and order with a gift card I got from Delta Airlines. I got part of order, but did not get the rest...

I have not received my product and im wanting my money back

I brought a hair curler set from chinatera limited and was told I'd have it with in 20days I have not received it nor herd anything from iv also been told this compa y is a scam I paid 52dollers for it and that's a lot to get nothing in return so I would like a refund the recipe number is
[protected] my name is moana kaata address it was meant to be sent to was 43 Hereford I paid for this item on the 14th of November

I have not received my product and im wanting my money back

cancelled prime membership

I cancelled a prime membership in April 2018. I had not used it & to pay $13.77 monthly for someth in ng I dont use is ridiculous. I cancelled by phone & in writing with both Amazon office & Synchrony bank who services the account. I am still being billed each month 7 months later. My credit score has fallen since this is showing as mon-payment. I have called Amazon several times & also contacted Synchrony Bank.
Customer Service at Amazon is horrible & can not speak English. Places you continually on brief hold (their terminology). No supervisor available.
This is unreasonable & going on for months.
I rarely ordered from Amazon before & definitely will not order from them anymore. This needs to be rectified.

amazon's shipping and billing

For at least 6 months (maybe longer, ) everything amazon shipped. was shipped via the post office first, then replacements MAY have been shipped via UPS or FedEx, but sometimes were resent via the post office (USPS.) The problem is that USPS did not actually deliver the items to me. They were getting left street side, in the middle of a small city with a high rate of crime involving theft and dishonesty (not violent, thought there is some violence, just not much and usually not deadly.) These items would be stolen before I was even notified that they were left. I live in a secure building and USPS has keys to enter, as the mailboxes are located in the hallway on the ground level. The entry way has 2 set of doors, interior and exterior. The interior doors are locked and there is an intercom system and the door can be unlocked remotely. USPS delivery drivers are too lazy to unlock the interior and at least leave the packages behind a locked door. They are too lazy to use the intercom to inform me of the fact they have just left packages in a place where anyone can take them. Then after failing to deliver the packages (and I believe some of the packages were kept the drivers, ) they report them as delivered, but I never received them. for 6 months or more this went on with a 100% fail rate. The items were mostly low cost items, but a lot of them. amazon always replaced the items. When the replacement were sent via UPS or FedEx (and on the rare occasion when the initial shipment was made via UPS or FedEx, ) I got the items sent. Sometimes, amazon would screw me over, because a price changed between the time of the original order and the loss, so I would get a refund instead of a replacement and have to buy again at the higher price and go through the whole routine of lose and replace. I need to reiterate: 100% FAIL RATE by USPS. If it was too large to fit in my mailbox, I did not get it, unless sent by UPS or FedEx. There were no exceptions. Every time, I complained about it and tried to explain that the USPS drivers in my area are too lazy to do their jibs and may even be stealing the items for themselves. amazon has become so automated that they can not change the shipper. amazon chooses the shipper based on the lowest price charged for shipping the item. The consumer has no say and the consumer's input is totally ignored. The past performance is totally ignored. the customer service reps keep lying and saying how sorry they are this happened and make false assurances that it won't happen again, but happens every time.

Finally, I ordered an item with a higher price. An Asus curved, 27" 2560 X 1440p, GSync, Gaming Display. Specifically a ROG PG27V. On sale for $757 and an installment offer of 6 payments, including the initial payment. They sent it via USPS. It was not delivered, it was left street side and went walkabout, but USPS claimed delivered. I complained to both Amazon and USPS. Nothing was done, amazon refused to take any action and after 2 months of trying to deal with it, was finally told they needed a police report. For the police report, I needed a serial number, but in amazon's automation, the record everything necessary to track a package, if the shipper is being honest, but they DO NOT record the serial numbers, even they are listed on the outside of the box in both numbers and barcode format. So, I can't file an actionable police report. Result: amazon does nothing. USPS does nothing.

Well, I say amazon does nothing, but that's not true. Because amazon refused to replace the item, because amazon chose to keep using USPS in spite of a 100% fail rate, because they ignored me every time, because, even while this was going on the reps kept lying to me, claiming the item was on it's way (even though it was clearly lost and quite obvious amazon had not sent a replacement, ) or claiming it would be resolved and I would not be charged, I had to cancel my credit card and get a replacement with a new number and issue a chargeback for the initial payment. I can no longer purchase anything from amazon and had to cancel my membership, because amazon keeps trying to charge me for the item that was never delivered. My last attempt to resolve it resulted in my being passed, endlessly from 1 rep to another, all of whom said the same thing, "so sorry, let me fix this. So sorry I can't, let transfer you to a specialist who can." Except, they didn't transfer me to a specialist. They simply transferred me to another rep. 10 transfers. On the last transfer, nothing was said by the rep. Nothing at all. Instead, the connection was terminated and access to my account was terminated. I can no longer log in to amazon. amazon keeps sending me emails about failed attempts to collect payments and how as soon as I provide a number for a CC it will be charged. I have items that I purchased from amazon, that I can no longer use, because the supplies for those items is not available locally and I can buy them from amazon, except I can't. I spent so much money with amazon over the years and they went from a consumer friendly, consumer oriented company, to an uncaring, overly automated super giant that lies constantly to it's customers. They have grown too large and become too automated to be reliable any more. Rather than deal with a problem of their own making, they just ignore it. Rather than deal with the issue they created for me, they just locked me out of my account. 10 years with amazon. no loyalty or care for their customer.

What I got from amazon was poor service, disrespect, lies and charged for products never received. The lies were blatantly obvious and insulting all at once. I was being told things that even an idiot could tell were not true and had no way of being true. 1 rep, after 2 weeks into it, with no package and USPS claiming it was delivered, claimed that the item was in fact still on it's way. Just trying to get me past the point where I would be able to issue a charge back. When I went to my bank to get the chargeback issued, it turned that they had a great many account holders having exactly the same issues: USPS does not deliver but claims they did and amazon keeps trying to charge them. amazon doesn't seem to understand that usps is unreliable for anything that won't fit in a mailbox. USPS is not a business, it is federal government, which means that their employees can't be fired for laziness or failing their in job. If UPS drivers behaved the way USPS drivers do, they would be out of a job within a couple of days. All amazon cares about now, is getting their money. As long as amazon gets their money, they don't care if the customer gets what was paid for. amazon has 3 policies: policy #1 is for sellers on amazon, and they need to adhere to a strict set of rules, policy #2 is for amazon, when the items are low cost, and it's fairly positive for the customer, policy #3 is for amazon when the items are of a higher cost (not sure where the threshold is, but I expect it to be in the $300 to $500 range, ) and it's a policy of "Too bad for the customer, make them pay anyway and screw them! We want the money, no exceptions! Doesn't matter that we have created the situation and refuse to record the information necessary to allow the customer to adhere to our policies! We did that on purpose, because we know that by not recording the serial numbers, there is nothing the customer can do about it and the customer will be unable to meet the demands of our policies, therefore allowing us to charge them anyway."

amazon has become a cesspool of corporate greed and corruption. I fully believe amazon is fully aware of the USPS unreliability and just doesn't care. Cancelling access to my account as a means of "dealing" with problem is a cheap shot. I have suffered injury and insult from amazon. It has been many months since all this has occurred and the anguish I feel keeps growing. It's not just anguish, either. I find myself trusting less and less.

I am actually thinking about filing a lawsuit with the intent of making it a class action suit (and for the wannabe lawyers out there, I know what a class action lawsuit is and that a single individual in a lawsuit does not make it a class action. It needs to be a lot of people all in the same lawsuit for the same or very similar reason.)

Also, for the grammar police: I intentionally did not use a capital (uppercase) A for amazon, as sign of disrespect.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices