ALLConnectutility services/sales

I just bought a new house and called my power company to transfer service into my name at which point I was transferred to Allconnect under the guise to "confirm my request". They started trying to sell me internet and security services etc. I said I was interested in looking at AT&T for my internet services and wanted more details. So the guy tells me he will place the order but there was no commitment so that I could get the details on their services. He told me once I get an email from AT&T I can go over the detail and if I don't want it to call him/allconnect back and they will cancel the order. He also mentioned doing a credit check and I said no and he said it is only the kind a utility company does and won't show on my credit report which was a lie, I got a credit alert showing a new inquiry. I have since learned that this is a common spiel they tell people. So I get an email from AT&T with an order confirmation and date set for installation, including phone service which I specifically told the rep I do not have nor want a landline and furthermore there were no details on the service. So I call allconnect a little while ago and ask them to cancel the order and they say they cannot and transfer me to AT&T, I was on the hold for 40 minutes and finally gave up for tonight. Don't need this additional hassle when preparing to move. Their rep flat out lied to me, these guys are shady. I am going to call my power company as well and ask them why they even partner with you. Oh and another thing, I told them I did not want ADT and today I got an email from them saying my ADT order was cancelled. Just to be clear I never ordered ADT services. But how come they can cancel that "order" but can't cancel the AT&T Order?