All My Sons Moving and Storagehorrible experience!

We were moving only 4.4 miles, but thought it a good idea to let professionals handle the big stuff. I saw the impressive 2-page ad for All My Sons and arranged for three men and a truck. The three men(who all spoke a little English), were shown the large items we wanted moved. The process moved very slowly as they completely mummified everything in shrink-wrap for the big four mile journey. They seemed more interested in moving the small things and had little regard for our priority for items to be moved. When my son showed them his desk to be moved, one of them said, "no, I'm just here for the box". They worked for almost 11-hours and filled one medium truck. They moved only 1/2 of the things we wanted moved. They didn't set up any beds, and failed to tell us about any of the wall wall dings including a deep 3-inch gouge into the sheet rock. The broke a leg off my daughter's new hutch, TAPED it in place, and then blamed my son in law for it!

When we met them at the new house, they refused to unload until we signed the credit card slip. They were charging us $1,903 for one fairly small load! Apparently, the rate after 8 hours goes from $119/hr to $178.50/hour. They also billed almost $100 for all that tape and shrink wrap, and had the audacity to bill 12% (on the total!) as a "fuel surcharge" (almost $200) for the big 4-mile journey. One of the managers (Dan) claims all "reputable" movers charge this. Well, they don't. For instance, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK don't charge overtime or a fuel surcharge for local moves.

Ironically, the one thing they didn't mummify in shrink wrap was our expensive king-sized mattress, which they rolled up like a taco and synched straps around. They acted like they had never moved a large mattress before.

Needless to say, we had to hurriedly rent a U-haul and round up some guys to move many of the things I thought our movers would. (Three of us did about as much as they did in 1/4th the time). I would never use All My Sons again.

• Pa
    Patricia Schaefer Jan 27, 2007

I am had a horrible experience with All My Sons when I moved last fall from San Francisco to Petaluma. They seemed very professional when I spoke with them on the phone and arranged the 20 mile move, but on moving day it was a very different experience.

Three ragged street-thug types showed up for the move. They seemed unfamiliar with moving, complained how heavy everything was -- boxes, the furniture -- dropped a number of pieces of furniture getting them onto the truck and took 8 hours to move our things out and we had only a 1-bedroom apartment! When we arrived at the new residence, they presented me with a bill for over $1400 (well over the $800-$900 estimate we were given on the phone), and refused to unload any of our belongings unless we paid it immediately with Visa. One of the men complained of not feeling well when the unpacking began, and shortly after, he literally fell off the metal moving ramp with my prize desk in his arms, breaking it and hurting his ankle. When I asked them to please call in and report the accident, they refused, and the guy just sat out the rest of the unpacking, sitting on the lawn holding his leg. They did not want to move the furniture into the proper rooms of the house, and they left most of the items in the front room by the door. At that point, I hardly cared, I just wanted them to leave. The movers were very rude, and seemed very unconcerned about the breakages.

It was a terrible day, and their "claims department" never returned my calls about the damages. I am now in the midst of disputing the entire bill with Visa.

A word of warning to you all, NEVER use this disreputable company!

• Ly
    Lynnete Hoffman Mar 23, 2007

Had same experience. Estimate was for about a 3 hour min move @ $114 for 3 guys. They did a good job moving the furniture. Once they have all of your things loaded they tell you that you owe: $243 for tape and other supplies (I had to remind them to protect the furniture with wrap).

They took their darling time (spoking cigarettes out by the truck) and "taking inventory". They then mentioned that after they left that it would take 4 more hours once they arrived at there warehouse to store our things at their hourly rate plus overtime jumping up to $178 per hour. The bill went from the estimated $500-600 for a mile mile move to their storage to over $2000.

When I became irate they said that I could find my own storage and I did within 15 minutes. Then they held my mother's things hostage. They wanted to be paid by credit card BEFORE bringing the furniture to the site. If it had been my home, they would have waited to get payment when they completed their job. They also claimed that they are "Bekins"---who are impeccable movers. Don't get RIPPED OFF by Isaac, the boss, at All My Sons, in San Antonio TX (off I 35) . I STRONGLY AGREE never use this company. Search the web for plentiful similar complaints about this company.

I have learned get the estimate faxed/writing. Go over that estimate and any costs that may arise before you let the movers in the door of your home or sooner. Confirm that info with the key decision maker at a company. It is a horrible feeling to watch your Mother's stuff held hostage by unscrupulous thugs who did speak English quite well.

Once you have your things. Contact your BBB, State Attorney General, to name a few...

While I got majorly ripped-off, the new home owners/buyers came by and thought they would use them. I made certain that I called their realtor asap to prevent them from being ripped off. They really thought they were getting their business. I will let all realtors I know about them.

• Do
    Don Pease Aug 12, 2007

I used all my sons mover to mover my mother 1/2 mile away. While I was at work. They robbed me. Stole over $1400.00 in items. Never use these guys.

• De
    Dean Baugher Sep 10, 2007

My wife and I used All My Sons in Richmond Va to move us. We figured it would be easier than finding people to help us move our heavy stuff and their prices weren't too bad. They didn't mess with the prices and were very nice but they didn't exactly do what they were hired to do. They claimed to professionals and promised to take care of our stuff. We were moving out of a two bedroom apartment with a garage. There were three of them and a large truck. You would think there was plenty of space but they didn't agree. They told us the truck was getting full even though we still had a bunch of boxes left (we boxed the stuff ourselves). When we got to our house, the back half of the truck was only stacked about waist high. I had suggested to them to take the large stuff out our back door and around the yard at our apartment because there was a sharp turn on the stairs. They didn't take my advise and just about every piece of our bedroom furniture was marked up. Most of the stuff arrived in one piece with the exception of a floor lamp that we were thinking about getting rid of anyway. They weren't able to make sure everything made it into our house in one piece. One of the guys brought in a box, that I had marked heavy, rather awkwardly and dropped it on the floor. Luckily only one mixing bowl shattered and another large bowl was broken. The real problem wasn't discovered until the next weekend. We had to work that week so we couldn't unpack much until the next weekend. That is when I discovered that a box was missing. We searched franticall through the house but couldn't find it. The box contained about 40 PSII games and some accessories. The estimated value is over $1000. We had called initially to complain about the half done job and received NO assistance from the manager. She didn't act concerned and only offered to send someone else out to finish the job, at our expense, that we had already finished ourselves. I am still awaiting the outcome of my missing box. Do yourself a favor and use a different company. No matter who you use, try to track every box and inspect the truck before they leave for your destination and when the job is completed before they leave!

• Br
    Bridget Stein Sep 11, 2007

My husband and I used All My Sons to move from PA to Florida. I would NEVER use them again. Estimate $4000 (seemed high- we were told that we prob. overestimated our stuff and that the $ would be lower) went to $6000 by the time they delivered. The kicker is we were told that they do a NY to Florida run all the time and that a truck would be by, pick up our stuff, mostly boxes, and would then go to Florida. We were planning on storing most of the boxes in a storage facility so we labeled the boxes as we wanted them loaded on the moving truck (1st boxes on would be last boxes off and then on to house by us). 4 guys showed up- guy in charge seemed very helpful and professional. Loaded the truck with all our stuff as we wanted -no questions asked in- 2 hrs. Then found out that they took the stuff back to NY, loaded onto a different truck then took 3 weeks to finally call to say that they were on the way to Florida. I was sure that half the boxes would be gone but surprisingly all were accounted for and nothing missing from them! We made a lot of mistakes ourselves but we would still never use them again.

• Ba
    Barbara Sayler Dec 07, 2007

Just to remind you people out there(and I will every few months) I had so many things that did never show up at my new house, or left at my old house. Wonder what all of the non English speaking scums did with my stuff??? This is the Utah company. Lots of things were broken too, and they won't stand by anything. Be sure not to sign a contract that they will replace so many pounds, cause they will only pay you a few pennies for breaking a very expensive glass! This is true!!!

• Ci
    Cindy Schneider Dec 13, 2007

I used All My Sons to move me from Las Vegas to Sebring Fl. They broke NUMEROUS items and 2 boxes came up missing. My husband's VERY EXPENSIVE coin collection arrived OK because I packed it myself and marked it "Chess set" so the guys who showed up would not know there were coins in there. I had to have an inventory and appraisal in writing for the items and did not have the time. Steer clear of these guys. You'll get ripped off. I filed a complaint with the attorney general here in FL. They frown on ripping off of seniors. I got half my money back within a week.

• Re
    Rebecca Jan 11, 2008

When you say "search the internet for numerous complaints," realize this company has several locations, and in several states according to all of the comments. I own a wine boutique that just opened 3 chain stores, and I'd hate to think that if one did something upsetting, it would be held against all of our locations. I'd hope the public would be more intelligent in that respect, and also consider the ratio of moves they do to the number of complaints. Maybe that's a bit idealistic though.

• Mi
    miss thang Feb 05, 2008

first off three men and a truck are movers with no experience what so ever. They will lower their price just to get the job. But is the job really done the right way? you go for the cheapest movers. But do you really know who is handling your furniture? people think cheapest is the best way. when inreality you have to pay more for better services. as for the fuel charge. gas isent free and i would have to agree with the company when they have to charge a fuel charge even tho you are 4-or 60 miles away. you are told in the begining that you will be charged a one time fee of this, before you sign or book with the company! so why are you complaning about it!?. if you didnyt like it from thebeging you shouldnt of booked~!

• Gw
    gwen Mar 18, 2008

All my sons moving was the worst uncaring company that I have ever known.I was quoted $3600 for a move from tennessee to indiana.After they slowly packed my belongings on their trucks they told me that the trucks would be leaving on the same day as I did. I was notified on the second day that the transmission had gone out and one of the trucks had to be put into the shop,this went on for about five days.I was later notified that the move would cost $6600.I did not have that kind of money in my exspense provided by my insurance co.I notified all my sons that all that was available was $5100.Well being money hungry as they are they refused. I asked them how much is the bill so far just for packing some things and loading them on their trucks. I was told $2300 by kerry.I informed them that I would get another co. to get my things from them and bring them to me in Indiana.Kerry told me that I would have to pay them $500.00 to unpack their trucks because they would not let anyone on their trucks.Now we were at $2800.00.Well then All my sons sent a bill to my insurance for $3100.00 instead of the $2800.00 for not even moving my things.The other company which is ALL ABOUT MOVES agreed to bring me my things for $2300.00 the amount that would be left after the rip off company ALL MY SONS took the $2800.00. BUT with all my sons charging $3100.00 that would not leave enough for the other co. to move my things.I had to call DAVID(I COULD NOT FIND OUT WHO THE REAL OWNER WAS)AND LET HIM HAVE IT. THEY WERE HOLDING MY BELONGINGS HOSTAGE AT THIS POINT. DAVID FINALLY AGREED TO LET ALL ABOUT MOVES HAVE MY THINGS FOR $2800.00. I slept on the floor for four weeks. I had nothing for four weeks. No bed,linen,tv,micro wave,medication,washer or dryer,funiture,dishes,pots or pans...NOTHING FOR FOUR WEEKS THEY HAD MY LIFE ON THEIR TRUCKS. THEY MUST NOT HAVE BUSINESS IF THEY TIED UP TWO TRUCKS FOR FOUR WEEKS.THE OTHER COMPANY WAS SENT FROM GOD.ALL MY SONS OWN THEIR OWN TRUCKS. ALL ABOUT MOVES RENTED TWO TRUCKS,LOADED THE TRUCKS (BECAUSE ALL MY SONS UNLOADED MY THINGS ON THE LOT ) PAID FOR GAS AND DROVE EIGHT HRS. FOR $2300.ALL MY SONS WOULD NOT DO IT FOR $5100.00.BECAUSE THEY WANTED $6600.00.I WAS JUST NUMB AFTER A WHILE.
    GWENELL WHITE

• De
    Debbie Newman Apr 03, 2008

I had to move from Austin, Texas to Jackson, Mississippi. Note: I had made the same move in reverse only three years prior and had hired a WONDERFUL moving company with EXCELLENT employees but couldn't find their info again and chose to go with AMS. What a bad, BAD idea! It not only cost me over double what the same exact move (WITH LESS STUFF THIS TIME!!) had cost just three years before- but the first time I had even gone thru a broker and it was still that much less! But at the time- I felt like I had no choice as I was running out of time to get out of my apartment. The salesperson, Jennifer, came to my house to look around and give me an estimate. Jennifer was my only contact for this company- (remember this fact in a moment please) So I sent them the money and the move was scheduled. Three men showed up. Two of them professed to be 'very experienced' while the other was new. This was his first move. The two made fun of him behind his back and in front of me. I felt sorry for the guy. Within ten minutes of being at my house the two started talking about the 'tip' they would be getting from me. Understand, I am a big tipper normally but their talking about it made me very uncmfortable as I had no idea what percentage to tip- also considering the huge amount I was already paying this company...I tried to call Jennifer to ask. She didn't answer and never returned my call. This was on Saturday. I also felt really bad as I didn't tip the guys from the first move & I REALLY liked them and the work they had done. These two guys went about packing up my things. When I would let them know that something they were packing needed to be packed better, they would say something to the effect of 'we got this' and would ignore me and what I was asking them to do. I have moved ALL across this country in the past thirty years and have never had things break. These two broke things as they were packing them! And had they not left the glass on the floor, which I later stepped on- I wouldn't have known until it was too late. When I mentioned to them that I'd found glass- they blew me off- again! The ONLY one who packed things in the way that I would have wanted- in a way that showed he cared- was the 'new guy'! The other two, well...it was AWFUL! when I got to the new house and saw ALL that was broken. I swear, and I hate to use an already over-used term, but it was like my things had been packed by crackheads! SERIOUSLY! Nothing was marked as it should have been. Example: I found my dvd player in the bottom of a box marked 'Bathroom' and my bathroom things were in a box marked 'VRR' whatever the hell that is! Those two were even going to 'float' my antique mirrors in the back of the truck!! The new guy and I got them and packed them the way they should have been packed. When I started un-packing at the new place I was heartbroken at ALL of the sentimential things that I had had for thrity plus years that were broken and/or destroyed! I still haven't found everything and have been at new place for a month! They took NO CARE WHATSOEVER!! When I called Jennifer on that next Sunday. She was very upset with me that I had called her on Sunday. When I told her all that had happened her only response to me was 'I'm just the salesperson! It's not like you moved across town- you did move to another state! I will check with the crew because there are four sides to every story'!!! Are you kidding me?!! The only 'story' that should matter to her is the 'story' from her customer! The one who's is utimately paying her salary! And DUH- yes I did move to another state and your company says that's what they do! So shouldn't they have taken better care in how they packed my belongings???!!! So MANY things were ruined simply by their carelessness. So many things that I could NEVER replace are gone forever. It truly breaks my heart to know how many of my Grandmother's things were broken or ruined because of these two 'Professionals'. I will admit that I have not contacted them nor taken any further action against them as I felt like I already knew what their response would be and quite frankly I couldn't handle any more stress than I'd already had with them and with the move in general. But if writing this keeps ONE PERSON from giving them money or from using this company then I feel like I will just be a casualty of stupidity and it will have been for a greater good. THIS COMPANY SHOULD NOT BE IN BUSINESS AT ALL!!! They are horrible all the way around- from the salesperson to the actual movers. I just hope that new guy gets out before his common sense and common decency leave him completely.

Debbie
    Austin, Texas
    U.S.A.

John Apr 28, 2008

I had scheduled an appointment for the 26th, and I even called and confirmed 3 times that the date and time were correct. When it came to moving day, I found myself sitting alone in an apartment ready to be moved, but no movers were in sight. I call All My Sons to find out the proplem, and they said the only appointment they showed for me was on the 1st. After arguing repetedly that I had an appointment on the 26th, the ### on the phone put me on hold, only to come back and repeat, "the only appointment I show is on the 1st." I was furious and had to rent a truck to move myself. After reading all of the other complaints, I am very greatful. Screw this company!!! Screw them right in the ear!!

Sarah May 07, 2008

Why did you repost this, Gwen? That's called spamming

• Me
    Melinda Wardell Jun 17, 2008

The "lead" man was way too friendly and uncomfortably familiar with me. I told him that my husband was working overseas and he ran with that!! He tried to get me to pay him part of the bill in cash. I said that that didn' t seem kosher to me and I didn't want the cash sum to come back and bite me since my estimate exceeded 3k as it was.
    I would never use them again!!!

• Ca
    carlos morales Jul 12, 2008

Do not use this company!! All my sons quoted me at a lower price than the final bill. They left out important charges until the last minute. And yes they do hold your stuff hostage until THEY are happy.

• Pe
    Penny Montani Jul 22, 2008

Our experience was very similar. First, they sold our name to Comcast and a secuity company so we had to deal with those phone calls. We moved within 4 miles. The movers had us quickly look at and sign documents using the billable moving time. They refused to give us copies of anything we signed. They broke items and then their office treated us like dirt when we called to ask about the claims process. They were bullies and extremely rude. The movers promised to move everything into our house but left heavy items in our driveway and drove off. They have not processed our claim 3 weeks later and they will not return our phone calls. The experience was so negative, I will NEVER recommend them. But I will take every opportunity to share my experience so others don't fall prey to their unethical, if not illegal, tactics. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and All My Sons has not even responded to that. IF YOU WANT THE WORST MOVING EXPERIENCE EVER, ALL MY SONS WILL MAKE THAT NIGHTMARE COME TRUE! THEY DID FOR US.

• Pe
    Penny Montani Jul 23, 2008

We had a similar horrible experience.

• Bi
    Bill Green Aug 13, 2008

Though in many cases, moving your belongings can be a very stressful time. Most moving consumers don't think of the little stuff that needs to be moved, yet, time is money and each trip from the door to the truck and from the truck to the new door racks up the dollars. So, 12 large pcs of furniture is all we are going to move. That's 12 trips. Ooops, I forgot the 12 boxes of cushions and the few boxes of knick knacks etc. Another 6 or so trips, 50% more time. Also, furniture needs to be wrapped in pads, whether it's across the country or across the street. Damage does not occur while it's sitting on the truck. It's the carry time which all moves are the same. If you are a consumer looking for the cheapest way to do it, grab your college kids and get a u-haul. If you hire professionals, expect to pay for the services and don't tell them how to do the job. You don't tell your doctor how to administer his services do you? And, last minute storage is the most expensive thing that can happen. If the move wasn't set up for storage, it needs to be. Don't let the moving crew come to your home unless they quote has been made for the move you are doing that day. A normal move results in your furniture being handled twice, a known storage move results in your goods being handled 4 times, an unknown storage move can be handled up to 6 times by different crews. Use a professional mover and a professional Real Estate broker. You pay for what you get.

• Mi
    michelle Sep 16, 2008

They are terrible!!! They quoted us for 3hrs and 3 men $375. On moving day 2 me arrived. During the move One of the guys took a dump in my bathroom, the other guy went to smoke a cigarette. Then they broke a table (a week later we are still waiting for the form to fill out to get reimbursed). At the end they wanted to charge $ 854 for some so-called fuel charges and some other fees that was never discussed. Luckily we received our furniture before we signed off on any credit card slips. I called the credit card company and disputed the charges because All my sons refused to rectify the situation. Never again!!!

• Ed
    Edd Bergman Sep 21, 2008

All My Sons destroyed my furniture! When the two arrived to pack up, they wrapped all the furniture in tarps very carefully and neatly, but when the delivered, they dumped my furniture like it was junk. My antique wardrobe had a big chunk missing off its door, my video cabinet was crushed to splinters, my sofa's wooden crosspiece was scratched and chipped, and my silk covered Chinese ottoman that my wife and I bought in Hong Kong 30 years ago was missing. Apes and bulls could have done a better job than these idiots. DON'T USE ALL MY SONS! They are horrible!

• Go
    Gordon H Sep 26, 2008

My 9/25 move was a DISASTER. My fiancee and I were moving to our new home - about 20 miles for me, and about 10 miles for her. I specifically told the person who set up the move that I was moving two homes into one, and that my house was largely unpacked, since I had had very little free time to prepare for the move. She scheduled a 2-man crew for a full day. The day before, a scheduler called to confirm a 2-man crew for the afternoon only! Not going to work, I said. He agreed. But they had no available crews first thing. So he promised I'd get the first 3-man crew available in the morning.

10:15 next day, I got a call saying they were on the way, and would be there in an hour. (Note, I lived minutes away from Tacoma, and specifically called All My Sons in part because their trucks sport a big Tacoma phone number. Now I'm paying for an hour of travel time just to get to my door.

An hour and a half later they arrived, with very few boxes. The driver asked me to leave and go get more. Hmmm... I don't think so. He gave me an estimate of about $1900 for the entire job, which was about what I had expected. Four hours later, they had packed very little, wrapped items I specifically asked them not to wrap, and (I found out hours later, when I was unpacking some things as they were packing my fiancee's things) that the dolt packing the kitchen had been individually wrapping PLASTIC BOWLS AND SPATULAS!! WFTF?? No wonder so little was getting done.

Five hours in, I told them to just take what was already in boxes, and big stuff I couldn't move by myself, and let's go. Only then did the driver tell me that over 8 hours they charge overtime. Great. At this rate I should have called someone else to move my fiancee the next day; wish I had thought of it then.

8.5 hours into the job, they are done moving the 75% of my belongings that had been loaded up, and were off to the fiancee's, but only after they revised the estimate to $2800 based on how long it took to move 75% my stuff, and asking for payment immediately, because the office was going to close. I said fine, and paid it, wanting to get the dang job done. The estimate covered us through 3 a.m. They took 6 hours loading the fiancee's 2-br place (much of which she HAD packed already), and guess what? We're now at the estimate point! So the driver says (to my fiancee) they will keep working, for $100/hour cash! She told him to talk to me when we got back to the house to unload. A fair amount of items were left behind at her place also, stuff that we can go pick up without help or a truck, to speed things up, so her move was not complete either.

After another 4 hours of unloading (and during all this time, I never saw any of the three workers break a sweat or exhibit any "hustle" at all - moving at a more or less consistent three-quarter speed) the driver comes in and says they are about done, and we need to talk about the extra charges. I told him to have his manager call me. I told the manager all of this, and at first he even tried to defend the bozo who individually wrapped plastic bowls and spatulas, before grudgingly agreeing that I "had a point." Then he tried to tell me they had to be paid for the 4 hours of extra work. I said I felt his workers had already shown a lack of respect for my time and money by wasting time, wrapping items excessively and against my express wishes, and I had already paid too much. He talked to his superior, and called me back offering to split the difference and pay another $350. I asked him if he really wanted a customer who got a 75% job at double the estimated price, and was not happy about a driver trying to work a side cash deal. If so, his boss should call me.

To be fair, the workers were courteous and all of our items arrived in perfect condition but for a very minor issue with one bookshelf. They readily put everything where we wanted, except for one large piece that they refused to even try to take up the stairs (still don't know if it would fit, but we just found another place for it). I just didn't think we got fair effort or value for the money spent, and I was really torqued at the attempt to get a cash side deal going after being so badly wrong on the estimate - twice! Oh, and they left behind a box of refrigerator items, costing more money in spoiled food.

I will never use this company again, and cannot recommend that anyone esle use them, based on my experience. I'd have been better off moving myself with my 72-year old father and his Ranger pickup.

• Re
    Rebecca Oct 15, 2008

Working with this company has been terrible. I can’t recommend against them strongly enough. I moved from Indy to Boston and suffered damages, tremendous stress, huge overpayments, and the loss of many possessions altogether.

The company tried to charge me about $400 for “labor” expenses not included in the “not to exceed” contract – twice, both upon pick up and drop off of my stuff. They’ve been deceptive and unpleasant to work with. We’ve all been burned in moves, but this one is really outrageous.

In September, they told me that they “had” to deliver the belongings a week earlier than the window (on a day that I would be out of town at a conference and my new apartment was still under construction). They had lots of reasons for this: they had only ONE driver who did long hauls, only ONE driver who knew how to drive on city streets (what?), and he had to be home to be with his family during the upcoming hurricane. If they didn’t do the drop off that day they couldn’t say when it would happen. So, construction dust aside, my family stood in for me to supervise the move, as I boarded the plane.

Guess what? The guy who “had” to deliver the stuff – the whole reason we did the move a week early in the first place – didn’t show! He sent his cousin to do his job for him. Two guys from an outside staffing agency arrived at the designated time, the driver was lost, he finally arrived and locked his keys in the cab and spent until 1:30 or 2 PM trying break into his truck with a coat hanger.

It was at about this time that it became apparent that we were missing a couch, a marble shelf belonging to an étagère, and 14 cartons. At least two pieces, one leather chair and one dresser, had gouges. There was also some confusion about the location of an armoire that the driver did not believe he had on his van. Luckily mom saw it on the van and insisted it belonged to me. But they didn’t have the right manpower or hoist to bring it up the stairs. The rep at the company told my mom they wouldn’t take responsibility for delivering it and it was left on the street. Meanwhile the driver approached my brother for payment and overcharged by some hundreds of dollars. The men did not assemble the furniture per the contract. Rather they left a partial load of my things in the construction dust, unassembled, having overcharged and tremendously inconvenienced my entire family.

We have spent weeks trying to get a call back and some kind of response about getting the couch delivered and the rest of the issues straightened out. We’ve been told lots of different things about when the owner will call back or where my couch is. DO NOT MOVE WITH ALL MY SONS! We’re going to have to go to formal arbitration to get this sorted out, what a pain!

• Fr
    frank rizzo Oct 17, 2008

all my sons moving and storage is horrible, first they said they will be at our house 6:00 am they didnt arive until 8, they send 2 no no no speaking english fellas in which we didnt know what they were talking about. then before the move they say we need u sign ok. i didnt know what they were talking about but i was in a rush we had to get out so i didnt see any numbers prices so i sign. the quote they gave me didnt even come close to how much it cost, the movers were slow and unorganized and i had to tell them what to you, it should of only took 4 hrs at the most it took nearly 6. they through my sons stuff in the room, they scratch my table in which they sent nobody to come take a look, they charged me a ridiculous figure, then i had storage for my son in which its his not mine and there chrging 900 for 1 room of furniture and to get it out it cost 400 and you have to make an appointment, now there hitting my bank account because they have it because i paid for the move, so there taking hige amounts of money out of my account and i thought it was jsut me but i see next time i have to move i'll just use my 2 sons, all my sons sucks

sarah spero Oct 28, 2008

waa, waa, waa. you're all a bunch of friggin cry babies. if any of you had any sense you would have resolved these matters amicably. MOUNOPANA.

• Ro
    Roberta Nov 13, 2008

The good news is that All My Son Moving will not be allowed to damage the belongings of Washington State consumers any longer. I totally agree with all of the comments above, especially Penny. The movers, owner, and staff are the most unethical people I have ever dealt with and after my experience, I made it a point to never recommended their moving company to anyone. I reported them to the Better Business Bureau and the Washington State Attorney General. Removing their business license for the State of Washington is a God send.

• Je
    jerilynn Jan 03, 2009

I agree with everyones comments. I work at a storage facility in Indiana and one of our customers hired All My Son Moving and one of the movers came into our facility and used the restroom for about 15 minutes. When i went in to clean the restroom shortly after it smelled very strongly of cigarette smoke. When i looked in the sink there were ashes! He smoked in our restroom! That is so unprofessional and i am very unhappy. I do not reccomend this moving company what so ever!

• Ru
    Ruth Mar 24, 2009

If you moved within the state of Florida report this to the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs. Mover's must release your household goods for the amount of the written estimate unless they have you sign, before performing the service, an addendum showing the extra charges. See this website for further details: www.fmwa.org.

• Bo
    Borat Apr 28, 2009

Ladies & Gentlemen! Don't waste your time and nerves calling All-my-Sons moving co. They are just pathetic. Very unprofessional.

• Sp
    spatz May 18, 2009

I forgot some of the "particulars", seeing as how I hired "All My Sons" to move me over 10 years ago.
    I will never forget, however, the horrible impression they left me with.

As with many others here, they price quoted me over the phone bore little resemblance to my final bill.
    The estimate was for the job to take 4 hours, but the sloths they sent me took around 9 hours.

I was told I would be sent 3 movers.
    Two were sent + a driver who did nothing but sit in the truck ALL DAY and smoke cigarettes.
    Every time I took my eyes off the movers, they stopped working.
    Get this: They even begged me to take them to Taco Bell for lunch!

And again, I too had my possession held hostage until I paid up.

To top it all off, after all the dust had settled, I noticed a few things of mine were missing.
    This was AFTER I had given one of the movers a stairmaster I could not fit at my new place.
    Ummm..."You're welcome...###"

Look, I realize being a moving guy is a miserable and backbreaking job but it IS your job
    so until you improve your lot in life, just do it right!

To all: Avoid "All My (###) Sons" moving company at all costs (Pun intended!).

• Go
    Gone Postal 4 u Jul 11, 2009

hired co out of Birmingham, Al. for a local move. Checked them out through the BBB, seemed ok. Set up contract was quoted 3 men, 2 to move one to pack up kitchen and dinning rm. They showed up with 2 men both about 125 pounds each. They packed and wrote nothing on the boxes, what was to be a 7 to 8 hour complete move ran into over 12 hrs. with gripping and complaining the whole time about how their boss ( OWNER) needed to get her S**T together! We had packed everything else with great labeling what went where well, it didn't happen! Items we lost, and damaged, and they went home without doing a second load! We had to go back 4 different times to get the remaining items. Antiques were damaged, glass shelves were lost including all hardware to curio cabinets. We moved into a new construction, doors and wall were also damaged, lamps were broken, which are no replaceable, including my late husbands funeral wreath! Called and spoke with owner Charlie she really didn't care. Said she would talk to her drivers and get back with me... Never did! SO, Be Aware they do not do as they said but, YOU STILL MUST PAY THEIR FEE!

• I forget some of the "particulars", seeing as how I hired "All My Sons" to move me over 10 years ago.
    I will never forget, however, the horrible impression they left me with.

I was told I would be sent 3 movers.
    Every time I took my eyes off the movers, they stopped working.
    Get this: They even begged me to take them to Taco Bell for lunch!

And again, I too had my possession held hostage until I paid up on their inflated bill.

Ummm..."You're welcome...###"

so until you improve your lot in life, just do it right!

To all: Avoid "All My (###) Sons" moving company at all costs (Pun intended!).

joyce in virginia beach Oct 14, 2009

My husband and I decided to use All My Sons moving when we were moving into our home. We had NEVER used movers before and were completely unaware of what to expect. Boy were we in for it! I was contacted a month prior by a sales team rep that quoted me $501. I asked if that was it, taxes, truck fees everything included. He said yes. I asked him specifically DOESN'T SOMEONE NEED TO COME OUT AND VERIFY OUR QUOTE AMOUNT? He said absolutely not. The price was for 3 movers, 3 hours of moving, 1 hour of transportation and wardrobe boxes. The day of the move I thought everything would be good. The 3 movers showed up and introduced themselves. They began to work after signing paperwork. I was informed to stop the move if anyone asked me directly for a tip. Funny thing was during the whole move all the 3 guys did was to talk about lousy tippers and how horribly they were paid and what back breaking work they did. One of the movers (I was there by myself) proceeded to tell me if I was not married he would try to "get with me cause I was sexy". They moved on the slow side but this being my first mover experience I didn't know how fast they were supposed to be going. They left quite a bit for me to move myself because it would not be in my best interest or time worthy to have them do it, as I was told my one of the other movers. We stopped by Wendy's for lunch. Yes, myself, the truck and all 3 movers that were following me to my new home, which was approxiamtely 15 minutes from the old one. (The "old" house I refer to is a 1 bedroom 1 1/2 bath townhome-1100 square feet. AND THERE WERE NO APPIANCES OR PIANOS TO BE MOVED!!) They banged into walls, folded my king size mattress not once, but twice and left a permanent fold in it. AND I WAS HELPING THEM MOVE AND LOAD THEN UNLOAD THE ENTIRE TIME!!! At the end they charged us for 6 (YES 6) hours of work. When I confronted the mover with the paperwork he said "OK, OK I will take off the time we stopped to eat." Is that supposed to be a favor to me????? Isn't that just good business? That IS NOT supposed to be included on the time I AM PAYING FOR! We ended up paying well over $700.00!!! We paid in cash and I had no indication (until I heard them talking about it) that we were supposed to tip them. I don't get tipped for my job. I don't top the maintanence worker that comes to fix things that should be working at my rental home. I don't top a police officer for pulling me over and giving me a ticket for doing his job!!! So after everything my husband had to go get more cash (they don't accept checks and we don't use credit cards). The amount we gave them was an even amount and rounded up to $11.00 over the total. They talked under their breath and stopped in the last couple boxes. They had taken my couch apart and as one of them walked in to have me sign the final papers he asked the other if he put it back together. He said "I ain't puttin' no f*****g couch together for an $11.00 tip." The 3rd guy never did come back in. The one with the paperwork came in threw the clip board and started to throw the couch together and I had to help him put it together. The guy was huffing and puffing and talking under his breath and cussing. They were all very foul mouth all day. After it was all said and done we discovered dings and dents in our furniture, they set something so heavy on one of our Rubbermaid totes it completely shattered the lid into the tote. I don't know how but they managed to squash and 2 drawer metal file cabinet. The drawers no longer opened. We waited 1 whole week to call to see if anything else was damaged besides our walls that had been beat and scratched up in the new and old place and the stuff above. Thankfully I had enough sense to pack it well because there was smashed boxes everywhere and in a box of kitchen items there appeared to be some kind of motor oil or something spilled all over it. My husband called them approximately 1 week and 3 days later. He was told we should have complained sooner and he will talk to the guys. That is it!!! No compensation, no apologies, nothing that ensured they would look into the situation! This company is horrible. DO NOT USE THEM! USE SOMEONE ELSE!

Marc Chase Jan 11, 2010

This company STEALS!!! We had police come out and take finger prints, however, since they did not break in because we allowed them in to pack and load. The owner came out very defensive denying all charges. We asked for a line up and back ground check on the three men, He Refused.

We have lived in Austin for 38 years, never have I experienced such a company/owner who refused to help in the situation.

I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy...

• Ms
    MsCC Jun 24, 2010

I hope you are all filing reports with the DOT (department of transportation) as you should!

• Ha
    have a moving party Aug 30, 2010

They suck! Their just like con artist, rep's are professional, straight forward seem well organized but when it comes to the actual day oh boy you get they ugly version. Their slow, sloppy, careless, shady, rough and always double the hours quoted!!! Beware!

johnharley Jan 25, 2011

All my sons moving and storage has got to be the worst company. Do not do business with these crooks. My sister arranged to have my invalid mothers furniture moved from OK to FL. They were to pick it up on a specific date and never showed never called. She got a hold of the dispatcher and he said the truck broke down and they would pick it up that following Monday again never showed never called. She called and talked to the supervisor who was rude but said they had another truck that would make the pick up same deal no show. Make a long story short after many phone calls they told my sister find another mover. The move had to be done on a specific date as my mother was to be in FL and needed the furniture Needless to say my sister was fuming and tried to call to make a complaint was refered to numerious differnt peole who were rude and flat did not give a dam. REPEAT DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. She contacted Mayflower movers who were great picked the furniture within days of calling and will haveit in FL on time.

Chef Marco Mar 14, 2011

By far the worst company I ever had. Not only they fail to communicate with us but the driver ended abandoning our stuff somewhere in the USA. We waited for our stuff for 3 and a half weeks. we sleep on the floor for 3 weeks. It was a nightmare I would never deal with such a lousy company. I'm still debating suing them for mental anguish . i WILL NEVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY EVER!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices